Protein Help is a lot of protein good or bad for me ?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Protein Help is a lot of protein good or bad for me ?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all , I’m new to this forum so just a little bit of background .I’m a 52 year old male who has spent my life yo yo dieting . Around 10 years ago I lost over 56 lb, I never thought I’d put that much weight back on , impossible I thought but oh yes I managed it . I’ve “done” the 5:2 diet before a few years ago and lost 42 pounds. Sadly as I have with any diet I’ve done I lapsed into my old bad eating habits ,including binge eating , comfort eating , sad eating , happy eating and any sort of eating again lol . To be clear this was nothing to do with the fast diet , I’ve done that with all my diets . I rapidly put the weight back on and more resulting in the usual carb fuelled tiredness. I really did feel quite ill with my health and fitness at an all time low . But hey ho I’m in a better place now , better motivated and “on it” a real lifestyle change this time . I have always , again on and off been a gym goer and I suppose under all that fat and blubber I do have good muscle mass . I have started the fast diet again but this time adapting it to myself . I’m fasting Monday Wednesday and Friday and in between on the Tuesday and Thursday I’m monitoring my calories with one the popular apps which is in vogue at the moment which incidentally I have to say is excellent . So on those days I stick at the apps recommended calories to lose 2 lb a week if I was on that diet all week . My idea is to monitor my calories on eating days to avoid over eating or binging . At weekends I still track my calories but have an upper calorie limit which would maintain my weight , not lose or gain . So the idea is to monitor myself . In the first week I lost 10 lb the second week 3 lb . I want to maintain muscle mass so I’d like to know where would consuming large amounts of protein fit in on my eating days .I’m talking adding protein via protein powders us food stuffs . Is it beneficial or not ? Would high amounts of protein compromise the fasting days ? Is there any research you could link me too ? Any help would be appreciated .
    At the moment I’m feeling great , I have no need to use my Ventolin Inhaler , I’ve stopped taking indigestion remedies like sweetys , and truly for the first time ever I’m losing my appetite . So any information about Protein please fire away Thank you Mr K

Hey LIfestylechangebyfast, how is it going? I use a whey protein powder that satiates my appetite and provides me with my minimum recommended grams of protein on FDs. I’m a newbie and has worked for me for past 2 months. I’m female and not a weight lifter and several years older than you and don’t do much exercise, and find my fasts go a lot better when I consume a full 50 grams on FDs. Not sure if that amount is what you’d count as high protein. I do remember reading in Mosley’s book that consuming that amount of protein for females is actually recommended on FDs and I think a higher amount for men.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.