Preperations for starting the 5:2 tomorrow!

This topic contains 268 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Coda 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 269 total)

• Thank you all so much for your advice. I have been doing really well on my 2nd day of fasting. I haven’t eaten anything since 7.30pm last night and I ate a boiled egg at 14.30. I am feeling absolutely fine and not craving anymore food yet. I am off to bootcamp tonight so I will have a small salad with mussles later. Can you recommend a good book with all low cal receipes and food in please?

Brilliant Redders. Well done.
    Look on the home page …The Fast Diet Recipe book πŸ™‚
    I also bought Kate Harrison’s 5 : 2 Recipe book. Lots of great ideas.
    Precious Boo Boo who started the infamous Ladies of A Certain Age thread on this site has started the LOACA Recipe thread. It has lots of good recipes.
    Keep up the good work. PVE

Thank you, I’ve ended up having a 100g muscles and a cup of strawberries. My total calories is 293. Is that okay? Feel like I have slipped up! πŸ™

That’s similar to what we have usually. I hope you ate mussels not muscles Redders πŸ˜‰

Sounds like a great fast day Redders. I usually have exactly (or very close to ) 500 cals on my fast days. It sounds like you’ve gone in quite a bit below. Well done!
    Lotta

Haha oops!! My weigh day is Monday, I did my fasting days on Tuesday and Thursday (although I’m going to change this next week) as I’m going to be eating non fasting days for the next 3 days will that give me alot of gain before my weigh day?

Hi Redders. As long as you don’t binge eat/drink on your ‘normal’ days you should be seeing weightloss quite quickly. I found it helpful to log my food intake on non-fast days as well in the first weeks but some people really don’t like the counting so it’s up to you.
    You said that you’d worked out your TDEE so if you stick to or below that you will progress smoothly with your weight in my experience.
    Good luck, and well done on your first fast week.
    Lotta

Thank you Lotta, I set myself 1600 for my non fast days but I have been really hungry today and gone over by 100 πŸ™ I hope this wont effect my weight loss too much as I am allowed 2000 but really don’t want to use that many.

Redders:

Your 2000 TDEE sounds too average. Have you computed your TDEE? If not, this might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Going over by 100 calories is insignificant – even if it all goes to fat, it equals less than one half of one ounce.

Good Luck!

Hi Im starting my first fast day tomorrow, inspired by reading the Fast diet book. Is it worth buying the recipe book ? Or can anyone recommend another book ?

I’m set on starting the 5:2 diet tomorrow, and I’m starting at the deep end and im going to do 500 calories tomorrow seen as today (last day of gluten) I’ve pigged out like you wouldn’t believe.
    I’m feeling hopeful for this diet because many have said how easy it is to follow and the results for the dedicated are amazing. maybe it’s my turn to do the before and after pictures to be proud of? I hope so πŸ™‚
    good luck to everyone else who is just about to start…

Hi Seaport, hi jeni17389,

I too am starting tomorrow. Maybe we can keep each other on track and motivated? I have 40 kg to lose, so I’m in it for the long haul…

Good luck to you both, and I look forward to hearing about your first day!

Take care!

Hi seaport,

I am starting tomorrow as well. I have decided against buying an additional recipe book, but will use the recipes posted on here and other 5:2 sites. Tomorrow I will only eat the evening meal – a small piece of grilled chicken and tons of veggies. I think I’ll do better with one big meal at 500 calories, than 2 or 3 smaller ones. I’ve always been a big eater with big portions, so this way my need for quantity is more satisfied.

Let me know how your first day went. I’m excited to do this, as I have tried every other diet under the sun…

Take care!

hi oscar1968

I’m also in it for the long haul (50 lb to lose) but hopefully this diet will Change my stubborn and greedy mind and enable me to make healthier choices in the future.
    I hope we all look wonderful for Christmas, and welcome the “ooh, have you lost weight?” comments at the Christmas parties! (just imagine it!…)

I stopped smoking 5 weeks ago and I’ve decided, if I can stick to that and avoid temptation to buy a pack, surely I can stick to this and avoid temptation of savoury snacks and cakes.

watch this space!

I look forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow

Hi
    I am starting tomorrow . But nervous . Anyone good any good tips for hit drinks .

I start tomorrow. Feel inspired by reading all your reviews. I will make sure I drink lots of water. Fasting Mondays and Thursdays for now. Reading your reviews will help me so much. I am 80kg. Want to get to 65kg. I am only 5ft 3.

Good luck.

Good Luck

Hi Jeni17389,

so it’s been a month since we both started! How has it been for you? Are you still sticking with it? I’d love an update!
    I feel a kindred spirit, as we started at the same time, and both have quite a bit to lose – I would be happy with 50 pounds, but really am shooting for 60!

Let me know how it’s been for you,

take care!

gd luck

Congrats Fizzy

I’m just setting up my goal.I’m going Exercise every day cause changing habits is a key to weight loss..

Hello all
    I am starting tomorrow as well. It will be difficult because I am visiting my parents, but I would love to have more control when I am visiting because it is a stressor when I know I will overeat at home. I have been eating really bad, and not going to the gym as much as I want, but I was also in midterms. I want to be kind to myself and recognize that I lost almoner 10 lb in the past few months which is amazing for me because I STRUGGLE !!!

Hi Kate and welcome:

Now is the wrong time to start. It takes a lot of calories to gain a lot of weight, so you will not gain that much while visiting your parents. Enjoy your time with them and wait until you are away and settled to start.

As for the gym, you do not need to exercise to lose weight on 5:2 so don’t worry about not hitting the gym from your weight loss point of view.

Here are some tips that might help when you start 5:2: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

hello my name is willyh i have just joined i have been big al my life now 46 need to lose 10 stone cant just get it in my head was going to try the 5 2 diet can any one helpme what i eat an dont eat help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Hi Simcoeluv
    Thank you so much for the kind words and the welcome! It is very exciting that you said I do not need to go to the gym with this diet! I am so excited about joining the 5:2 community, and the link you shared is very helpful and much appreciated!
    I like what you said with the feedback. Even though it feels like I am gaining a ton of weight when I eat bad things you are right it does not come on quick. That is very important to remember because I often have that “I already messed up” mentality. That is something that is very attractive to me about this diet, that we can dedicate the two days to refocusing and getting “back on track”.
    Thank you again :))

Anyone new to this?. Am hoping to start the 5:2 tomorrow with my very first fast.
    Anyone care to join me on my quest? Age 44, need to lose 2 stone. I never been as heavy in my life. Current weight 12 stone. Would love some buddies!

Hello Doodles, I started this a week ago and I’m finding it fine. I Actually do feel more active but sleep is a bit sketchy after a fast day. My first fast day was fairly easy, the second a bit more challenging and my third fast day I decided to skip breakfast. The rewards on the scales the next morning are worth the effort. However after non fast days you might see the scales rising up again, but they go back down if you say well under your tdee. Do start. Do stay positive and try not to think too much about it. My first week resulted in 2 ugly lbs off. Only 30 more to go.

Doodles – I’ll be more than happy to buddy up! I’m starting tomorrow too, I have 1 & a half stone to lose. I’m 28, turn 29 at the end of March and would love to be noticeably smaller by then.

I’ll be fasting on Mondays and Thursdays.

Well done cakey42 on your weight loss! And thank you for your words of encouragement also. Yes, I am looking forward to starting now, and it’s great to hear positive outcomes like yours, I am thinking it will be a challenge but one I’m ready for now, this weight doesn’t sit well on me and it just has to go! New year, new start.

Hi Doodles, I’m starting tomorrow too. I Want to lose 2-3 stone – I’m full of enthusiasm. Hope it lasts. Good luck!

I am also starting this tomorrow. Mondays and Thursdays will be the fast days for me. I’m 23 and currently weigh 166lbs. My goal weight is 140lbs. So with 26lbs to loose I better get my ass into gear! Exercising every day with Jillian Michael’s ’30 day shred’ too.

*** I want my beach body back for good ***

Good luck everyone!

Hello babs b, great stuff!, and the very best of luck to you tomorrow. I hope to fast on Mondays and Thursday’s also. I am looking forward now to it actually. I’d love to lose a stone and a half. I’m working tomorrow and hope to be distracted with that for the first half of the day, I find I do most of my eating in the evening anyway so that’s where my challenge is. I’m positive though.

The very best of luck girls….let’s shine!!!

I’m starting tomorrow with fasting day on Tuesday & Thursday.

Hi everyone new and welcome. I’ve been doing 5.2 since the end October 14 and before Christmas was losing around 1lb per week, however, since Xmas my eating on non fast days has been a bit out of control which means that although I am fasting for 2 days I am not losing the few pounds I put on over the holidays and am worried I will get disheartened and give up and ruin what I did before, I even had thoughts of slimming world again…..! So today I am re-setting, I am having 3 healthy meals today and fasting tomorrow, I am aiming to get to pre- Xmas weight by end of January. I would be happy to buddy up too as it feels like a fresh start for me also. Good luck for tomorrow.

I started this diet last Monday, generally my fast days are Monday’s and Thursday’s, but we are headed away this weekend so I am doing back to back with my fast days, today and tomorrow. I find having a boiled egg in the morning helps keep me full for few hours.

I did great on my first fast day at 500 calories, but my 2nd fast day I consumed 646 calories. However, I’ve been working out everyday and I hope going over 146 calories on my fast day won’t ruin my weigh in, which will be this Tuesday.

What I have found in the past week is that “bloaty” feeling has gone. I feel like I have more energy and I sleep better than I’ve ever slept in a long time. Probably because I have also cut alcohol out (for now :).

Good luck njhutchinson. Read as many forums as you can. They are very inspirational and motivating and lots of great information.

It’s great when you have a big group of people trying to accomplish the same goal as yourself.

Good luck all! It’s good to find some buddies to help keep the motivation going! πŸ™‚

Hello everyone, how did day 1 go?
    I didn’t find it too bad, was conscious of not eating but tried to keep myself busy and am having an early is night!!
    Fingers x’d the scales will be kind tomorrow morning!

I am starting tomorrow with my fast days Tuesday and Thursday.

Hello Doodles, my first day went fine, only side effect was a slight headache. Didn’t eat until 12pm and like you was conscious of not eating. I’m 1.5lbs down this morning and I’m feeling motivated to stay within my calorie allowance. Next fast day is Thursday.
    Good luck going forward everyone πŸ™‚

My day was fine too. Didn’t eat until 2pm – had a miso soup & a yoghurt. Made myself a 250cal dinner from the 5:2 section on BBC good food site, and then had a few cals spare for a light hot choc. Came in around 450cals yesterday.

Only felt my stomach rumble a couple of times. Black coffee seemed to help, and I drank loads more water yesterday too! Not checked my scales yet this morning, was planning on only weighing in & measuring once a week, I think that day will be Friday.

Hi doodles, how do you like your scales now? I’m sure they are showing a good result. I’m having a fast day today and going for a walk whilst the weather is still good.
    Did you know that Waitrose has loads of low calorie meals at half price this month. I stocked my freezer up. Stay positive and keep posting, it seems to keep me focused.

Hi gals, happy days ..weighed in this morning and am down 2lbs!
    Funny thing is I’m conscious of what im eating today just as much as my fast day, I reckon it’s a psychological kinda thing in that I don’t want to undo the good I’ve done, anyway, had a lovely NORMAL portion of shepherds pie this evening which went down divinely, a couple of small apples as snacks and a couple of rivita and banana for lunch, no junk!!
    So ladies, so far so good.
    Feeling positive and in control

Good luck on your fast day cakey42.

Awesome job everyone, I weighed in this morning after my first week, down 5 pounds. Having a hard time keeping it at 500 calories on my fast days, but so far, its working.

dawniedawn – 5 lbs down (was that just in 1 week?) that’s amazing ! congrats
    I am new to this – how often you you guys recommend weighing? I don’t want to get discouraged.
    today is my 2nd fast day. I have not lost anything yet πŸ™
    V

That’s great Doodles and Dawnie! And Dee! I am glad that this is working for you! Today was my first fast day, and while I was at work it wasn’t too bad, but I am pretty hungry tonight. I managed to stay just at 494 calories. I am just going to drink some more water and probably go to bed early! I think I am going to have to stop chewing gum so I can save those calories for food!!! I really can’t wait til tomorrow when I get the book and can read a little bit more about this lifestyle change.

Thanks!! @ virginialu, I am only weighing myself once a week.

I just bought some green tea with lemon and ginseng. It seems to trigger something that doesn’t make me hungry…I am going on week 2!! It will be hard because we are going on vacation for a few days. I still plan on fasting another day this week.

I’m really liking this diet!

I will have to look into that tea. Other people have mentioned Skinny Sprinkles as a good way to suppress your appetite. I sent an email to see if they will ship to the US. But maybe I will wait a few weeks to see if I can beat the hunger on my own.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply.