Preperations for starting the 5:2 tomorrow!

This topic contains 268 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  Coda 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 269 total)

• I was on a diet of 1500 calories before starting the fast so maybe that’s why I find the normal days okay. Try and clear your house of junk or like I said planning in advance is a life savour! Haha.
    I am going out for a meal and drinks Saturday night so I might add in another fast on the Sunday depending on how much I eat and drink the Saturday! It’s fine to have a treat once in a while though I have been good all week so I deserve it! I’m hoping for good results on Monday… Who will be fasting on bank holiday Monday?
    Nat xx

Started well this morning. Its my daughters 20th birthday tomorrow so that’s a good reason to stay focused today.Then of course I’m committed to the fast on Monday, Bank holiday or not!
    Nothing moving on the scales so far but changes in the waist line, going down.

I’ve planned my allowance for today and pre-entered so here goes!

Anyone else fasting today?
    M

Nat, I’m fasting on Monday:-) like Fizzy123 regardless it being a bank holiday!
    I’ve decided not to weigh myself for while as I need to keep myself positive…..
    If I don’t loose weight I might stuff myself!! Lol
    All ready with in a week I’ve notice my stomach has a slight change:-))

Keep positive POEPLE
    X

I’m fasting today so this is a 4:3 week for me. Going ok so far have drunk lots of fizzy water and have a trip to the theatre tonight to keep me occupied. Well done to those fasting Monday I’m going to switch fast days next week to Tuesday and Friday. Managed to keep below my TDEE yesterday and it’s weigh in tommorow as that will be week one over for me! Enjoy your lovely dinners this weekend!

Just had my 500 cal meal so finished a 4:3 this week.
    Today’s was by far the easiest,and I feel I only got to stick with the 500 limit today ,every other day was over. I believe doing the 3 fasting days has helped train my appetite and expectation.
    Have a good weekend everyone
    🙂
    M

Glad it’s been easy for you and you’ve had a good day! I’m also having a extra fast to make it 4:3. Will be fasting Sunday Tuesday and Thursday if all goes well! All depends wether my family will be having Sunday dinner whether I fast the Sunday or not! Can’t miss out on a lovely Sunday roast!
    Looking forward to some red wine tomorrow mmmm
    Also had a run again today so my weeks going really well. Just hope I can stick to it over the weekend. I can feel a difference though so fingers crossed! Weigh in day not till Monday
    Nat xx

2kg loss for me. Pleased with that as I have had a few treats and gone over my TDEE on one day. Let’s hope I don’t stuff my face this weekend and put it on again!!!!

Hi

I’m fasting today, I think it may be a tough one with kids here, eating Easter eggs still!!

I am determined though, this is my second fast day and we are at a wedding tomorrow so that’s going to keep me going!!

Anyone else fasting today?? Xx

@Donnarobe: I’m not fasting today,its my daughters Birthday and party time later! but stay strong.I found I wasn’t perfect but it got easier every fast.Those Easter eggs are all refined sugar definitely not worth the guilt afterwards.If you are going to Sin 🙂 SIN big! :-0
    @Maisebet: WOW 2kg loss that’s inspiring. Enjoy your weekend but don’t sabotage yourself.You deserve more.
    @nat: Sunday roast is a YES YES YES for me also.Great that you are running.Its excellent to read of people finding changes to their bodies already.Gives me hope that I too will find this…

I hope everyone enjoys thier weekend! Whether fasting or not! 🙂
    Nat xx

Hey everyone hope you have had a good weekend!
    Last night I drank loads of wine! Oops but it helped me fast today as I was so hungover I felt too sick to eat! Managed a chicken salad with new potatos though. Weigh in day for me tomorrow! Hope I get a good result. I’m fasting Tuesday Thursday this week. Good luck to all who’s planned to fast tomorrow 🙂
    Nat xx

Wow!! Didn’t expect that! I know a lot of it will be water weight but the hard work paid off last week! Lost 7 pounds!!! So pleased! Now for a celebratory cup of tea 😉
    Nat xx

I started today but can only have my food in the evening because when I have breakfast on my feed days, I’m starving by about 11am. If I wait until I get home I find it much easier to stick to the fast all day.

good luck @pnatgrandy 🙂 I have also found it easier to just have one main meal at tea time after trying eating small meals through out the day.
    Cups of tea are great to help stave of hunger pains!

Afternoon,
    I’m fasting today:-) I’m really Hungary been at work since 5:30!
    So really struggling……
    How’s everyone doing?
    Drinking lots if water and just got myself a black coffee.

Thanks nj. Cups of tea are getting me through the days too

Stick with it blue eyes. You can have a normal breakfast tomorrow.

Enjoyed my first fasting dinner. Small rice three small asian dumplings and vegetables. How does that sound?

My guys, it’s my first fast today and I’m doing ok. However the hunger pangs are starting so I’ve decided to check out this site. I read the book and feel motivated. I had:
    Porridge and almond milk for lunch and planned to have
    Fish in parsley sauce, veg and sweet pot, taking me to 504.
    Any tips to stop the hunger pangs

Drink black tea

Update
    My daughters party was shifted to yesterday and as a result fasting today might be a bit of a problem.”Fuzzy Head in hands with Dark glasses” I just ate a high carb ***** and**** combo (for those fasting… no description) and hopefully going for a long walk now.
    I will get back on track and fast Tuesday instead.
    The big difference this week is that I promise to myself to stay well under my TDEE on other days and go low Carb and NO SUGAR.

@nat I’m delighted for your efforts paying dividends;Inspiring \o/
    I think I’ll be living vicariously through your weight loss 🙂 as mine is going to be miniscule!

@blue eyes, pnatGrandy and Circusgirl stay strong.You can do this.Peppermint tea really helps me, it seems to cut my palate and take the urge with it.

@fizzy123 I was shocked at the results to be honest! I knew I had lost as I could tell! you can do it! I will also be fasting tomorrow so we can help each other along 🙂 I know its hard to stick under your TDEE but I am sure it will get easier for you the more we go along. Set short and achievable goals to keep you on track 🙂

Stay strong everyone fasting today!

Nat xx

Thanks for the encouragement , Fizzy123,pnatGrandy 🙂 it does help……
    I kept going and just had my tea and feel much better.
    Wow what an achievement njhutchinson 7Ib. Well done, hearing this really makes you even more determined.

I’m really tired tonight as I had to be at work for 5:30am, so good excuse to go to bed early. I don’t want to ruin all my good work and indulge myself with STILL left over Easter Eggs!!!!

My next fasting day will be Thur:-)
    This is my second week so still getting use to everything but all ready feeling the benefited from it all.
    I’m still trying to resist in weighing myself for now!!!
    Well done everyone, you are doing fantastically :-)))) x

Hi, have convinced my husband to undertake the 5:2 with me! First Fast day starts tomorrow at 7am! I managed to lose 35pounds with WW but the pounds have started creeping on again…… I am hoping this forum will help me maintain and stick to it……

Woke up this morning on my first feed day after my first fast day. I was not hungry at all. I still had breakfast – an English muffin and a banana and instantly felt very full. So different to normal, little bit excited by the suppressed appetite.

That’s really good phatgrandy, I have not experienced good non fast days yet I always seem starving and find it hard to stick to TDEE. I hope it gets better with time.

I’m fasting today, anyone else today too?

I’m fasting today 🙂 @maisiebet my first day back on placement today so a little worried how I’ll manage and hope I function okay. Plenty of tea and water for me!
    Good luck to all the fasters and well done @pnatgrandy

The morning after fasting and don’t feel very hungry at all for breakfast! So I’m off to the gym then I will have some breakfast. Anyone else find they are not so hungry after fasting?
    Have a good day everyone.
    Good luck if it’s your fasting day:-)))
    X

I’m with you Blue…my fd was yesturday and today I’m not really bothered either which way about food (so far). Strange as I thought I’d be starving and panicked about getting food in as quick as possible.

Enjoy the gym, what are you going to do there?

I’m just in from a walk …i’m taking it easy today.

Happy Tuesday everyone

Nice to hear that folks are getting control back on the non fast days.This can only be a very good thing.
    I am fasting today,I will wait as long as possible before breaking fast with my 500 calories.saving them for later 🙂

That’s the fourth fast done. Definitely find it easier to save eating till the evening meal. Really looking forward to eating well tomorrow! Those crumpets are calling my name from the bread bin for my breakfast tomorrow! Hope everyone else’s days have gone alright
    Nat xo

Well done@Nat.
    I stopped my fast this afternoon after I got an appointment for a test which requires me to fast all day tomorrow for Thursday morning!!!
    At least it means I was well under my TDEE allowance for today and I get to fast all day tomorrow YIPPEE ;-0
    Hope everyone is doing good
    M

Well done nj starting my second fast today.

Fasting today, Finding it better than when I eat the 500 cals.An early night beckons.
    M

Well done M Ive stuck to my calories for today, but I did treat myself to a twirl chocolate bar!! I havn’t had any in a while. Fasting day for me tomorrow 🙂 anyone else?
    Nat xx

Amazed I managed to keep well below TDEE today for the first time and managed an insanity class too. Fasting day for me too tommorow. Well done everyone for sticking at it. I’m actually looking forward to my fast day!

Hi, I hope everyone fasting today is doing well.

I can say I had the best fast yesterday being that I didn’t get to eat my 500 cals and found it simpler to do, slightly demanding willpower wise, but with a diminishing desire to eat that lasted until late morning today.

I’m going to try this again tomorrow. I think, and it may be too soon to say this but,I have difficulty coping with the blood sugar increases that come after eating anything.Perhaps a number of fasts will allow me to train myself into eating less over time.:-)

Hope everyone’s day has gone well! My fasting day has gone well today 🙂 that’s my fifth fast, definitely easier. Not much hunger at all! I just struggle mid morning as I’m so used to having a good breakfast but a cup of tea soon takes it off. Really looking forward to eating what I have planned tomorrow! Isn’t it crazy how this diet makes you look forward to eating healthily on ‘feast days’ even though I am eating healthily an within my calorie count it makes it feel as if you are having a treat with the amount of food you eat if this makes sense haha. Mmmm my breakfast is calling me! Early night for me! Good Luck for anyone fasting tomorrow and people on a normal day tomorrow stay strong to stick to your TDEE 🙂
    Nat xx

Well done Nat on your fast and general improved eating pattern.
    Enjoy the feeding and as you rightly say its all about perception.After nothing a little seems a lot!
    I’m looking forward to fasting tomorrow and then having the weekend and back to Monday fast again 🙂

Fast well under way now.Feeling a little tired today but I will struggle on 🙂

Anyone fasting Monday?

fizzy123, Monday is a very popular day for fasting, lots of people will be doing it. I’ll be doing sort of a “half-fasting day” to make up for homemade pizza and ice cream for my Mother’s Day dinner today (I usually fast Sundays, but today I’m only fasting until dinnertime, then I won’t count calories, just enjoy what my son made). How are your fasts going?

I’m fasting today (Monday – Australia). And it is the middle of the day and very easy so far today.

HI everyone,

Im 48, 5ft 1 and just under 13st. I have been under a lot of personal stress the last few years and the weight has piled on due to lack of motivation and self worth. Im finally getting a grip on it all but now need to shift the weight for health reasons as well as the aesthetics of whjat was once a reasonable post mummy body.
    I do belong to a gym but never use it and do need to get my self esteem and motivation up to lose 2-3 stone.

Its seems by reading these posts its having some good effects, my first day is today so wish me luck and look forward to chatting to you all.

Jess

Hi everyone,
    I’m fasting today

Me too Blue eyes.
    Rain is keeping me indoors so I am looking for things to do to keep me occupied until its time for a huge 350 cal dinner!
    Tomorrow I can have…………..

@franfit Belated Happy Mother’s day.Fasting comes easy to me, it’s when I start eating that I have the difficulty!

Wish I could not like food! I have a terrible sweet tooth which is my downfall but the last 2 weeks have helped me enormously in reducing the sugar content of my diet.

I haven’t weighed myself yet, not going to do so until I have had consistent 500 cal fasts. But I have noticed a difference with my cravings and my clothes are somewhat looser !
    Hi to all fasting today. How’s it going.It helps to know I’m not alone.I love to hear the weight loss stories,that helps me stay motivated.
    I usually wilt in willpower towards the end of the day but NOT TODAY!!

M

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a old weekend! I weighed myself yesterday and last 1/4 of a pound. I am happy with that as my fort weigh in I lost 7 pounds. Not going to weigh my self now for 4 weeks. I am fasting today but I’m feeling really hungry already! I think it’s because I’m very tired so my body is craving carbs! Just a cup of tea for me and cups of tea and water all day until tea time. On a plus side I am going out for tea tonight! Not so hard either as where I am going does 500 calories and under meals!! Have a good day!
    Nat xx

Old? I mean good weekend lol

@nat Stay strong today.

@pnatgrandy,Lindyw,Blue eyes,Jess66,franfit Hope the fasting was good.

I fasted yesterday and had my first true 500 cal fast.It felt a great achievement.I told myself I could eat the demon that was taunting me for breakfast today and do you know what happened.I had it this morning and it wasn’t worth all the agonising over after all.
    Felt YUCK afterwards, so I don’t really know why I made such a fuss over it.

I’m thinking if I can do the 500 cals well, I might do ADF until I get below 140 lbs.
    I’ve also started HIIT…..
    Good luck to all fasting today.
    M

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply.