Personal intermittent fasting cycle of 12 to 22 hours

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
Personal intermittent fasting cycle of 12 to 22 hours

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  YvonneB 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Started experimenting with 12 hour overnight fasting and quickly pushed myself into 22 hours, though I find myself falling into a cycle where one day I can go 12 hours fasting and the next day breezing through 22 hours.

I find that I deal best when I do not eat at all during these fasting hours as I am not constantly thinking about calories.

Have noticed that my sleeping pattern has become rather funny–I might sleep 5 to 6 hours at night and wake up literally buzzing and ready to go, and then crash late afternoon and sleep for a couple of hours.

Not worried about weight, therefore I enjoy the same food as always but it sure tastes better after I break the fast. I am mostly interested in the health and longevity angle of fasting.

I am newly married but my husband does struggle with his weight and he has a tremendous sweet tooth. I persuaded him to do daily 12 hour overnight fasts but definitely feel that pushing further would be detrimental–It has to be baby steps with him and go about it with a great deal of flexibility.

So here we are. 2 people with different body types, different characters trying to at least capture the spirit of 5:2. I figure it is best to fall into it at our own pace and manner

Babu83 sometimes baby steps can get us to where we need to be, sounds like you and your husband are off to a good start so far.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.