OK. I'm old!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chef47 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anyone over 70? I lost about 60 lbs ten years ago. Each time I’ve moved I’ve gained 10, so now need to drop 30. I worked with an endocrinologist who was a terrifying person, was on 800 calories 7/7, but the accountability (and fear) worked for me. He wrote a book called “Color Code”, sort of a Bible of nutrition.
    Unfortunately, while physically healthy, I have a non working leg that makes excercise fairly impossible.
    Curious if there are other seniors out there and how they have done? I don’t consider 800 calories “fasting”. It was a way of life for me!

Hi Chef47,

I’m not sure why a non-working leg should stop exercise, especially if you have time. There are lots of upper body exercises from dips to pull-ups. Even many mid section exercises should be possible.

However exercise is great for building the body but it isn’t really that good for weight loss. For that diet is key.

I was using calorie restriction and suffered badly from it after a couple of years. It sort of worked, sort of didn’t. What worked for me was when I greatly reduced the amount of refined added sugar in my diet. The pretty much wipes out all processed foods. After that my hunger went way down and then I started fasting. Better diet and fasting are killing the fat for me.

I wish you luck. Consider joining the monthly challenge as you’ll find lots of support there. https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/september-30-day-challenge/

In my original post I didn’t include four spinal fusions (which pretty much killed the nerves in my leg). I never wanted a disability to define who I was but in the scope of weight loss, it does make excercise difficult. Recently moved and going to check out a pool nearby with classes for people with challenges. Don’t expect it to affect weight but help with over all health…..just need to lose 10 lbs to fit into past bathing suits!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.