October 2019 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2019 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 530 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 539 total)

• Day 22 Massachusetts USA FD I haven’t quit the 5:2 but I got significantly derailed by a 5 week trip to Sicily. I go every year but this is the first time I gained weight- a pound a week. I missed the link to the October spreadsheet too. I’d like to be on the November, which is comin soon, whomever takes up the torch. My husband is again doing the 5/2 with me which helps a lot! Onward and downward.

@matpi. It’s Her Royal Highness Princess Pixie Minette. Pixie for short.

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Struggling healthwise, I feel like the wreck of the Hesperus…..as we say in our household! Stinking, filthy cold and hacking cough. Funilly enough, it hasn’t effected my appetite though…..groan!
    The boss has asked if I can change my day off from Thursday to Friday too, an extra day to wait!
    @winsome-waif: I love the name. Our dog is a bit of a princess too. She hates getting her feet wet!

Day 23, Emden Germany, NFD

@betsylee I’m far off from my top maintenance weight, this morning 6.7 kg/15lbs. I guess, I’m eating too much on my NFDs.

@rabbette better to do a FD800 day than to give up a FD.

@mogaman welcome back! I’m sure it will help to have your DH on board as well, it’s easier to do it together.

Have a nice day everyone!

2nd post

@matpi – at the risk of incoming flak from my UK friends, if Marmite doesn’t agree withy you, then you MUST try the superior – and onion-powder free – Australian Vegemite. (A very very similar spread, but of course, you can tell which I prefer.) You can find it in US stores (tho you might have to hunt a little) – look for a yellow jar with the white word Vegemite set on a red diamond-shaped background.

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Settling nicely back into a routine now that it’s the working week. Today us my 2nd FD of the week, yesterday’s NFD was good (apart from the fun size Crunchie at work….by the way, there are treats every day here….cakes in the kitchen, choccies everywhere…), and looking forward to today’s meal of chicken bone broth with some chicken leg meat.

Unfortunately I have to take stock and realise, that despite my best intentions, my 3 weeks in Europe gained me 5lbs, but, wait for this, the ONE week travelling around Ireland on the back of a motorcycle gained me ANOTHER 5lbs!! Yes, read it and weep.

10lbs in 4 weeks. 😨 I had hoped some of it was easy on/easy off but I guess not. I have been bloated with strange tummy aches, system not right, since I got back. My mood feels great though, I won’t let it beat me, and I am firmly clinging to the wagon

However, I might have to admit defeat and buy some UKsize 12 work clothes to get me through this blip as I barely have enough that fit me now to get through a 4 day office smart wear 😱

@neilithicman WOW 90lbs in 9 months!! Wow! enjoy your long weekend of cycling, it will be so much more easier without that huge extra weight.

@winsomewaif I love your kittens name ☺️ Mine is called Missie and right now she is sitting beside me purring super loudly. That makes me feel very content, knowing she is content ☺️

@penz ha ha, straight in with the Vegemite! 👍

Have a great Hump day – @funshipfreddie, is it a one hump or two day today 😄?

Pocket list day 23
    @daffodil2010

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@daffodil2010 – oops? 10lb up?! You’ll be rid of it in no time, I’m sure. And if it’s any consolation, I just read that ‘the average weight gain on a 7-day cruise ranges from 5 to 10 pounds’. Just as well you didn’t spend that month on a boat!

@neilithicman – wow?! What an inspiration! And less than a kilo to go! 🏋️‍♂️

@daffodil2010 – two humps are always better than one 🤪

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 23 – UK Lakes – CFD

Morning all, well it’s five weeks since we came back from a cruise, had only put on 6lbs, which surprised me, but we did a lot of walking, even on board, always used the stairs etc. Scales have started to move downwards again after a plateau, lost a total of 10lbs in the last 5 weeks, so 4lb lighter than pre cruise!

I had a bit of a ‘review’ seeing as there’d been no movement in the scales since 11th Oct. Calories had crept up a little, but still below BMR, exercise/diy work had gone up a bit, I had been drinking a lot more water (I even measure the consumption!) So the last couple of days, reduced the water to what I normally/used to drink, kept a tight eye on calories so they have reduced a little as well.
    Keeping records/counting calories I am finding really works, even had some chocolate and a drink last night, but as OH says, if they’re all counted and under your BMR, it should work OK …. and it does, as I said, scales moving again, roll on weekly weigh in on Friday.

@rabbette – funny you mentioned clothes, it’s cooling down here so in the garden yesterday, the quilted Barbour waistcoat came out…. it was huge! Could nearly turn round in it, have been replacing trousers recently, but the jacket was a real eye opener!

@neilithicman – likewise looking forward to the rugby, I’ve really enjoyed the World Cup, watched just about all the televised matches! I think the winner of Saturdays game (England vs NZ) could well go on to win the tournament, good luck!

@daffodil2010 – the holiday weight will shift, we’re away again in two weeks time, joys of retirement, but I now know it will only take a shortish time to shift when we get back

Take care all.

Day 23, London, UK, FD

Yesterday’s FD turned into a NFD after my small salad at 3pm I had a rather large (unintended) serving of pasta followed by cake at my nephews B’day celebration. I didn’t feel pressured to eat, but I was hungry & it was there!!! If I had been at home, I would have had my soup and a FD would have been completed successfully. It’s all in the planning I suppose, celebration days do NOT make good FDs!!!

Today should be fine and I’ll have to do another FD on Friday or Sunday (??) since I’ve a Gala dinner to attend tomorrow evening – 3 courses & wine, it’ll have to be OMAD since the dress I’m wearing is a ‘little’ snug!!

Next week I really need to pull my finger out, find my mojo and start to love, love, love this WOL again, I’m in a bit of a rut and complacency is the cause, mainly because I’m not having great results – that’ll be the NFD madness!!!

Day 23 UK NFD

Going to allow myself a few days to get back in the swing of things Greatly admire those of you who can adapt rapidly but I think I’ve accepted I’m a tortoise – it might take a while but I’m determined I will get to my goal weight

Day 23 UK CD

TL:DR Popping back after 7 weeks away from here…rather weary and 10lbs heavier – is this 10lb gain A Thing?!

Took time out after close friend died suddenly at the beginning of September, shock and sadness meant I wasn’t thinking about anything. Straight into a nasty virus that hasn’t quite gone away but keeps morphing into new symptoms.

Meanwhile got through my massive annual conference – even more of both labour and love than usual so I felt burnt out before it started. A week in bed but a long way off recovered and still some hurdles to get through before the end of the busy period. Taking part in two conferences in the next week…but NOW is the time to start practicing good self care – beginning with sleep, hydration and food

Today’s goal – drink plenty of water & ginger tea, eat 16:8, bath and bed by 9.30pm

I’m not going to be able to read back over October but will log in each day for accountability and get back in the rhythm – Then jump back on board for November. That’s two daysafter my last big conference and the morning after my friend’s memorial

Wishing old friends well & looking forward to catching up on your news, and to meeting newbies

Day 23 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

@michelinme – it sounds as though you have had a tough time of late…sending good wishes and hugs, take care of yourself x

So I have been AWOL for a few weeks. For one reason or another, it’s safe to say I’ve not had the best month :-/ I never cease to amaze myself at the amount of damage I can do when I put my mind to it – with regret, a giant step back for me indeed….

So, reaching out to anybody else with yo-yo tendencies – is it even possible to break this cycle? I don’t even know if I have it in me to do this anymore but somehow I have come back on here today committing to a FD, so I guess that’s a step in the right direction and something in my sub conscious must be urging me to stick with it because here I am!

But this is where I am right now. I’m not usually a negative person but the old ‘black dog’ has been hanging around and just won’t buzz off…I have this constant feeling of dread, I don’t know where else to turn to as I don’t want to discuss how I feel with anyone else (admitting vulnerability!!! I’m normally the tough one!) but see this as a safe space to ‘vent’. I don’t want this to get too heavy but if anyone has any advise/encouragement it would be gratefully received….

I’m back BUT it’s going to have to be one day at a time for me right now…

Day 23 – 2nd Post

@yo-yo – I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a tough time. But you really should talk to someone you feel can trust; there’s no shame in feeling vulnerable.

Maybe you would benefit from CBT, ie cognitive behavioral therapy? One book I can recommend is ‘Change Your Thinking with CBT’ by Sarah Edelman. Although, as she says in the intro, the book is not a substitute for psychological therapy, if needed.

One phrase I always find comforting if I’m going through a rough patch, “this too shall pass”.

Day 23- Atlanta, Ga.- USA- FD

Day 23, VA, USA, FD B2B

Yesterday I kept the lo-mein separate and added fresh cut onion, peppers, celery and carrots to the leftover Kung Pow Chinese dish which made a lighter version for myself with zucchini noodles (my lo-mein) and gave my sweetheart the reg lo-mein version. It was delightful. Today I’m looking forward to my soup! Never thought I’d say/type that, I mean I like soup, but I’m super excited to have it today.

@i-hate-lettuce – Yay, isn’t that the best! Its like Oh wow I have been working hard at this! And the coat thing was what happened to me I mean I knew my regular clothes were bigger I mean at -50 lbs even stretchy yoga clothes get oddly baggy in places. But then I put on my jacket and coat on and was like “oh! Forgot I may need to invest in a smaller outerwear” ha.

@brightonbelle – reflecting on the adapting rapidly – when I started this in the beginning I noticed when I was eating more carbs (not like I’m a saint I have them now too, just not as much) I noticed that I had a harder transition for the FDs. Meaning I did feel a bit more hungry that first day… and even now if I loosly “plan” my consecutive NFDs to have all the carb ones first then a low carb/sugar last NFD/CD the next FD is easier. I’ll be honest I didn’t really realize that I did this until now… But looking at some of my food planning and notes, when I’m mentally planning a CD (more natural attempt at transitioning to FDs) they have been (dare I say) easier.

@michelinme – welcome back. May you find comfort in knowing that their energy has just surpassed the boundaries of which we think of as a body. They are now expanded into and beyond all the hearts they have encountered in their life and the lives of their friends and family.

@yo-yo-fletch – worry not that you are heavy (ha we are all here to “lighten up”) Perfect place to get support! And Yes you can break any cycle! As a yoga teacher and just my life journey in general. I come from a background of being in my own floundering (yo-yo) as well as seeing the cycles of my loved ones around me and not getting sucked into their cycle which then tosses me back into MY yo-yo cycle.
    So 1sttechniques for me were – recognize the behavior ((especially the 1st trigger/transition to the behavior)) Then ponder a way to work with this reaction. I call it – have a plan of action toward the reaction.
    *ex if I have a stress trigger and I want to immediately snack (b/c I happen to notice the feeling of my jaw moving relaxes me). NOW I use my plan of action: go in the kitchen slice 2 fresh carrots into sticks and eat as snack with drink of water. *believe in yourself that you can do it too. You don’t need the other stuff that you normally would rely on, you have a NEW thing you can do.

@funshipfreddie – ooooo I think I may like that book. I love new techniques for the mind!

Pocket list day 23

@flourbaby
    @yo-yo-fletch
    @funshipfreddie
    @therealwil78
    @rabbette B2B

2nd post

Well I’ll be danged – I did it. I heated myself a bowl of my homemade soup and realize I don’t need/want can’t fit it. <shrug> I usually have it for supper instead of lunch. I’m realizing it may have to stay as supper. I thought I was hungry and ready for soup. I’m about 5 bites in and drank some of the broth, but think I’ll save the rest and eat it tonight. @dykask – I’m noticing this change toward lunch time. I’ll say its interesting to notice “wanting it and then realizing I don’t want/need it.” How strange.

Day 23 UK FD

Good FD today. Fasted till dinner and had small chicken salad and fruit plus yogurt. Kitchen now closed !

Day 24 – New Zealand – FD

Well the NFD yesterday turned into a control day of around 1300-1500 calories as my dentist appointment took ages and I ended up not getting any lunch. I had a piece of chicken and an avocado around 11:00am and that was all until I cooked dinner around 6:00pm (some savoury mince and vegetables), well I managed to sneak in a protein bar and some nuts while I was cooking because I was starving.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 24, Aus, NFD

Thinking of you @yo-yo Fletch. It is hard to drag yourself back when you feel so low, but the fact that you’ve logged on and posted is a huge achievement! Keep doing so – we’re all here in support. I echo the comments you made for @michelinme: “sending good wishes and hugs, take care of yourself”

@flourbaby – at this rate I’m looking to November to get my mojo back. I’m away with work next week which is always a challenge for me to do FDs, and yesterday’s planned OMAD went bust when we had a case of wine delivered and OH decided we should crack it.

Day 24. FD. London. UK.

I’m hardly getting any of the posts. Not quite sure why. I normally get around 20 posts a day but at the mo I’m getting about 3! I’ll try and sort it out. H

Day 24 – Japan – NFD

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@yo-yo-fletch: Go easy on yourself.
    @brightonbelle: Same to you.
    It’s hard when you lose motivation (like me….long ago). The best course of action is, at least try not to gain. Stay stable awhile and be kind to yourself. Try to stick with healthy food (hark, who’s talking?) and set small goals. Maybe bigger ones, like FDs, will follow.

Ugh, I feel so ill….but I have to work. Please may the rain hold off.

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Down a pound so grateful for that, but lo, here comes the October Bank Holiday weekend and a trip in the camper to wild Co Mayo from Friday night. Really look g forward to it though, there will be lots of cliff and beach walks, but there will be snugly glasses of wine too.

Feeling for all those going through trying and sad times.

@yo-yo-fletch, I don’t even know if there is a way to break the yo-yo cycle but I do know that most times life does go in cycles. Good times, bad times, followed by good times. We need the bad times I suppose so that we can recognise the good times when they do come along, and they always do come along. Hard to see it when you are surrounded by the black dog, but things do turn for the better. As for this WOL, a lot of us are going through the yo-yo cycle right now, self-sabotaging (10lbs up after a few weeks…me!)….please don’t feel bad about yourself or take it out on yourself though….you are a good person after all and you deserve good things…..coming on here is a push in the right direction. Take care.

@michelinme I had noticed you were absent for a while and knew that you were going through a tough time after your friends loss. It seems 10lbs gain is an actual thing, but hump it, times were tough for you, keep on trying to remain healthy, 10lbs is not a mammoth task to despatch, as long as mental health and physical health are good then that mojo will return….it always does.

My mother always said “This too shall pass” and I stick with that. Taking it onboard for this WOL, this blinking weight gain will pass, again, ……I don’t mind going through slight periods of gain and loss for the rest of my life but the key word is slight…….I need to keep on top of it, and I will.

@penz my DH moved all the cases of wine we bought in France and Spain to a readily accessible area near the kitchen. I bet he will want to crack one open tonight as he is off now until Monday…..and I probably will join him…..though I have work tomorrow so that will put a stop to my gallop 😆

Common denominator for us all seems to be having stuff to do (work, hobbies, projects) that keeps us on this WOL’s straight and narrow. It’s the downtime that is the danger.

On that, have a great Thursday everyone.

Day 24 – UK Lakes – FD

Morning all

Not my favourite time of year, still pretty dark here @ 8.20am, looks like the garden got all the tidy work its getting just now, however, needed doing so lots of it sorted and less to do before winter sets in properly.

Think todays ‘man on a mission’ walking is going to be a dodging showers job, but that’s not so bad, have quite a few short walks between 15 and 30 mins.
    Have a great 30 minute one, a midges under 2 miles, gentle hill to start, then at half way, a long steep hill, thats where the heart rate monitor heads to orange!
    We live out ‘in the sticks’ so the nearest gym/swimming pool is half an hours drive each way, so my walking is better in many ways, including …. free!

Todays bucket list
    @ihatelettuce
    @neolithicman
    @emma Taylor

Good luck those on FD today, take care all.

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Good luck to the Thursday fasters 🍏

Pocket List – Day 24
    @neilithicman
    @emma-taylor
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24 – 2nd Post

@i-hate-lettuce – I just realised you wrote ‘bucket list’😅. A fast day would definitely NOT be on my bucket list. 24 hours locked in a chocolate factory might be though..🤔

Day 24, London, UK, NFD,

It’s a quick check-in from me today, I’ll be leaving work early to get ready for the Gala dinner this evening with vino!! So it’s a NFD and I’ve 2 BabyBels for a snack if I need it.

@penz & @daffodil2010 your OH’s sounds like very bad, bad influences!!! Hang onto them & just pass the corkscrew!!!

Right, there’s work to do so keep in chugging folks!!!

“Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.”

Day 24 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

B2B

I had a successful FD yesterday, it’s been awhile…BUT, I did it AND I also walked my dog (which I haven’t wanted to do for weeks, relying on my DH to walk her – ohh! the guilt!!!) I feel strong enough to attempt another FD today – small victories, I’ll take them.

@funshipfreddie – thank you for the book recommendation, unfortunately it is out of stock so I will ask my local bookshop if they can order it in for me.
    @rabbette – thank you for explaining and sharing your technique for breaking the self sabotage cycle, I will give it a go. I would never have made the connection – that it could actually be the feeling of my jaw moving that relaxes me and eases my anxiety!
    @penz – thank you for your kind words of encouragement.
    @cirenz – I am trying but aren’t we always our own harshest critic?
    @daffodil2010 – “This too shall pass” 🙂 Thank you for your words of support, I know that how I feel right now won’t last forever, sometimes you just need someone to remind you…..

I’m hoping my ‘black dog’ will fade away soon, the fact that I’m back, posting here and wanting to get out and walk my dog again (who just so happens to be black!)tells me it is beginning to….I don’t know what came over me yesterday I just needed to write it down, thank you lovely people for listening and reaching out – appreciated more than you will ever know.

Day 24, Emden Germany, FD

@yo-yo-fletch don’t be so hard on yourself, we’re not defined by our weight or if we can do FDs or not. We’re much more than that, we’re being loved because we are who we are. You did your FD yesterday, I’ll join you on today’s one. I agree with others, the dark times will pass.

@michelinme it’s good to hear from you again, just take care and don’t overdo things. Hugs x

Pocket List – Day 24
    @neilithicman
    @emma-taylor
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @yo-yo-fletch 2nd of B2B!
    @snowflake56

Day 24 UK NFD

Thanks for all the advice and kind words , I think it’s just a bit of post holiday blues I’m not doing too bad on the eating front I know it’s just a temporary blip and I’ll be back on that waggon soon x

Day 24 Massachusetts USA FD My 2nd FD this week. Feeling back in the groove. It helps SO much to have hubby on board as he does most of the cooking! He shocked me yesterday by telling me how much he’d gained. But it comes down to where we were in 2013 when we first found the 5/2 WOL and each lost 20 pounds. I want all of you to know that your commitment, including renewed commitment like mine, helps me a great deal. 😘

Day 24, VA, USA, MFD

Aiming for >800 today (or CD) – I woke and wanted a little breakfast AND to my surprise Mr. Particular said I had lost -2 more lbs!!! Which finally broke me below the 130 mark and of course a new ATL.

Lets get back to breakfast tho. Since discovering my body actually does need/want smaller portions (that took so long to realize and I’m still in disbelief) I made 1 scrambled egg, 2 slices of bacon and cut up 1 fresh tomato and can I say WOW. I loved it. I FEEL full – truth be told I felt full with 1 slice of tomato and bacon left (but I was a bit naughty and ate it) next time. I’ll just put 1 slice of bacon on my plate (and cut it into 4 slices) **the bacon is thick cut so its not puny. Each slice is like 2 slices so cutting it into 4 pieces won’t be as small as it sounds. The feeling of FULL IS REAL! Oh my gosh its finally real.

Pocket List – Day 24
    @neilithicman
    @emma-taylor
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56
    @rabbette B2B2B2B

Will catch up later – got to go teach!

Day 24 Melb Aust CD

I’ve had 4 CDs in a row, counting calories and staying under 1300 cals, and have dropped 1.7 kg of the 2kg I gained during my indulgent week. Feeling better for it.

@rabbette, Great that you are now so close to your goal weight, only 14 lbs to go. Enjoy investing in some smaller outer-wear. It’s encouraging that you’re noting and analysing your eating behaviour.

@songbirdme, After Insidious, there’s Enigma, Paradox and Labyrinth. Haven’t had time to read them yet, looking forward to it. I have all of the Catherine Coulter FBI thrillers. She also writes historical romances which aren’t bad, just a different genre. I don’t like the ones co-authored with J.T.Ellison. I bought a Sandra Brown book at a nearby op shop today, to check her writing out. Most of the second-hand bookstores in Melbourne have closed, but most op shops have several bookcases of second-hand books.

@neilithicman, I’ve been wondering – with your mammoth biking trip this coming weekend, how are you going to watch the rugby?

@penz, I bought a couple of Lee Child (Jack Reacher) books today at the op shop, too – will see if they appeal. Alas for your veggie garden! Are you going to be able to puppy-proof it? You can find your mojo again. The idea is to keep the weight on a downward path, even if it goes up a bit, make it come even lower, then up not as much and even lower again. You can do this.

@WinsomeWaif, Welcome back. Sorry to read of your sickness, and hope you feel 100% quickly. Impressed by your kitten’s name – a big name for a little cat, but maybe she’ll grow into it.

@matpi, good NFDs seem to be one of the keys to this WOL. Re Marmite, as @penz mentioned, there’s always Vegemite, though you have to be careful to only use a fine scraping as it can taste a bit bitter. Definitely no onion though. Another option is Promite, which is a bit sweeter, also no onion. I think that might be the UK version (or am I confusing Promite and Marmite?)

@mogaman, welcome back from Sicily. The spreadsheet is listed in the first post on page 1, kindly set up by Rafiki44. I’ve added your name to it, if you want to use it for the final week of October. Five lbs gained in five weeks will come off quickly.

@ciren2, sorry to read that your cold has developed so miserably. Maybe try to fill up with lots of warm drinks to reduce the eating? Hope the rain holds off for you on your rounds.

@snowflake56, sorry, for some reason I thought you’d reached maintenance, but still, you can get rid of those last 7 kgs quickly. Hope the day 24 FD went well.

@daffodil2010, yay, back into routine, 5 lbs gained in one week cycling round Ireland; I gained 4.4 lbs through an indulgent birthday week. It will come off again. The saying you and @funshipfreddie mentioned was one of my favourites when dealing with the challenges of living in a foreign country (China).

@funshipfreddie, hope the day 24 FD went well, and enjoy the rugby at the weekend.

@i hate lettuce, great that you are now 4 lbs DOWN on your pre-cruise weight, that’s so encouraging. Did you manage a shower-free walk? Yeah, like you I’ve been finding that the sheer accountability of writing down my calories has been really helpful. Wonderful that your coat is now swimming on you.

@flourbaby, hope the day 23 FD went well, and also the Gala dinner tonight was a not too disastrous NFD.

@brightonbelle, remember that this WOL is a marathon, not a sprint. Tortoises get there in the end.

@michelinme, good to have you back. Although the traumas of the loss of your friend, followed by sickness and now conferences have led to some weight gain, you know this WOL works, and you’ll take it all off again quickly. Start now, don’t wait till November.

@yo-yo Fletch, great that you’ve managed 2 FDs, and walked the dog today. Studies have shown that when the black dog is hovering, talking to friends can be as effective as any kind of therapy – feel free to offload as you need to here. It’s a safe place. And remember to be kind to yourself.

@therealwil78, great, another FD done for day 23

@mia139, another successful FD also on day 23, keep it up.

@emma Taylor, Frustrating that you’re not getting posts – do you log into the website, or just get email notifications?

@dykask, day 24, keep your NFD under control.

Quotes read in a book (uncited): “Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind you have to convince”, and “your mind will quit a thousand times before your body will”. Don’t give up!

USA Day 24 FD500

Hi, all! Adding myself to the pocket list

Pocket List – Day 24
    @neilithicman
    @emma-taylor
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56
    @rabbette B2B2B2B
    @ccco

Day 24 UK NFD

Thank you for warm welcome and lovely messages @yo-yo-fletch @rabbette @penz @daffodil2010 @snowflake56 @betsylee

@brightonbelle @yo-yo-fletch sorry you are down, hope things lift soon

Yesterday I restarted yoga & meditation, drank some more water & ginger tea, ate more carefully. Didn’t get enough sleep bc barking cough appeared overnight #week5 of virus 🙁

Today I fasted until 5pm but didn’t drink enough. Still got a couple of hours stuff to do before heading for bath & bed, but Future Me will be pretty happy with small steps in the right direction

Whatever your day brings, go gently

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing well. Maintenance is fine.

@betsylee — I jump around authors but often romantic crime novels are my favorites. I sure will look for those Coulter books next time I am in my bookstore. Let me know what you think about Sandra Brown.

Onward and downward.

Day 25 – New Zealand – NFD

Last day at work before my cycle trip. Today is really going to drag. I guess I’ll have to try and find somewhere to watch the rugby in the camping ground I’m going to be staying at.

Have a great weekend everyone.

@Betsylee- I usually just get loads of emails, but I’ve logged into the site this time. Not sure what’s gone wrong. I’ll sort it out.

Day 24 Ohio, US — NFD (45 bites)
    Day 23 — NFD (49 bites)

Typed a long entry, but the site suddenly shifted me to page 8 and deleted the entry. All tired out now, so will recoup tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

Day 25 – Japan – WFD #75

Feeling good so far.

Day 25, Emden Germany, FD

Yesterday’s FD went well, going for the next one today.

@ciren2 good you have your day off today, take care.

@betsylee I’m trying to get rid of these kilos for months now, I just have to be more strict. From now on I will be until I’ve reached 58 kg again!

Pocket list day 25

@dykask
    @snowflake56

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s the bank holiday weekend in Ireland and straight after work myself and DH are taking a road trip to Co Mayo on the Wild Atlantic Way! Plan is to park up at Downpatrick Head for the night. We won’t see it as it will be dark, but oh, what a view we will have tomorrow morning. Cannot wait!

In preparation I will try not to eat today until this evening, BUT, as I haven’t done OMAD in ages, if It gets tough I am giving myself dispensation to get a healthy wrap for late lunch.

It’s is also my Dads 83rd birthday which is great. He is out and about in great form, he can manage stairs again and can walk with just a stick. When I think how he was virtually paralysed from the waist down at the beginning of the year my eyes fill with tears of joy. If I even have an ounce of his willpower and sheer gumption to live a good life….well, I would be doing well. ☺️

It is so dark these days. The clocks go back this weekend too which means it will be pitch dark by 5.30pm (though mornings will be brighter for a bit). There was talk of doing away with Daylight Saving some year soon….wonder if it will actually happen?

@flourbaby hope your gala dinner went well and you won lots of awards 😄

Have a great Friday.

Day 25 – UK – NFD

Morning all,

Well it’s only a pound …. but the scales moved downwards!
    Now 19 pounds down since 26th July, not bad over 13 weeks ???

It’s actually 11 weeks on 5:2 and 2 weeks off on holiday where I put 6 pounds back on, so overall, very happy indeed!

@daffodil2010 enjoy your trip, we did a similar one quite a few years ago from Galway down to just south of Killarney all along the coast, it was magnificent and great fun!

Take care all hope those on a FD have an easy one.

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD

Easy FD yesterday, but I’m still sabotaging my efforts with overindulgent NFDs. I need to give myself a good talking to.

@i-hate-lettuce – great result, well done! 👏

@daffodil2010 – happy travels! 🚙

Day 25: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

It’s raining….but it’s my day off work so I have a choice about whether to go outside, or not!
    Old habits die hard however, as I’ve just returned from a longish dog-walk, so got wet anyway!
    I have a flu-jab appointment today….11.51am (precicely!!!)….it seems they allow exactly three minutes per person.
    I’ll try not to spread my germs from my horrible cold/cough.

Also, will try not to over-indulge today. Days off are dangerous…

Day 25 Melb Aust CD

Another good CD, around 1160 cals, and the scales this morning showed me 0.1 kg UNDER my pre-indulgent week’s weight, yay! Maybe I’ll even show an overall loss for the month. It’s good that the weather is finally warming up.

@ccco, hope your FD yesterday went well.

@songbirdme, I’m a bit hesitant to suggest yet another author, but if you like romantic crime novels, have you looked at any by Nora Roberts or her alter-ego, J.D.Robb? The J.B. Robb ones are set in the future New York starting around 2056, and flow better if you read them in order, as there is character development and new characters are added every few books. She’s written about 48 in the series so far, with 2 coming out each year. I’ll let you know what I think of the Sandra Brown book I bought.

@neilithicman, enjoy the cycling trip over the weekend, and hopefully SOMEONE will have an interest in the rugby and a TV you can watch.

@emma Taylor. Frustrating! Maybe click again on the “notify me of follow-up replies via email” at the bottom of the page again? (Or maybe that’s the first thing you tried, sorry if it’s a superfluous comment)

@matpi, frustrating to lose posts. I hold my breath a bit when I’m replying to so many people, hoping not to lose it all to the “ether”. 🙂

@dykask, hope your day 25 FD went well.

@snowflake56, what has really helped me just recently is counting calories, not so much the amount, but the accountability of putting it all down on paper, even if it’s only me who sees it.

@daffodil2010, enjoy your long weekend away and the view in the morning. Great that your Dad has recovered so well.

@i hate lettuce, congrat son another 1 lb down on the scales. You’ve progressed really well in only a few months.

@funshipfreddie, note my comment to @snowflake56 – if you write everything down, sheer horror might keep the eating in check on NFDs 🙂

@ciren2, hope your day off is enjoyable, relaxing AND controlled. Ouch for the jab in the arm.

Hope all the non-posters are going okay.

As the end of the month is approaching, do we have a volunteer to host next month yet?

Have a great weekend everyone!

2nd post

@betsylee well done, you lost the extra weight so fast! I sometimes count calories but don’t want to do it every day. My downfall are Dutch sweets and puddings, I shouldn’t buy them but they taste so delicious. I have two puddings in the fridge with 489 cals each, dangerous.

@flourbaby hope you’ll have a wonderful dinner!

Day 25, VA, USA, CD

Had a late lunch of homemade broccoli salad. Hopefully I didn’t eat too much. I should have served a portion into a bowl so that I would know how much I ate. Not so much for any counting of calories (although can be helpful) but just so I didn’t eat so much and feel too full (which I do feel just a slight bit too full) still new to this feeling and I am still learning how to feel/listen to it.

Had a small bit of potato chips (the ones I usually love and wait all year for them to put them out at Trader Joes) and after opening the fresh bag I had 2 handfuls and was not impressed. I’m wondering how I wanted to eat these so much before. Well I have 2 more bags and will see if I can give them to some friends b/c I just don’t think I’ll be getting to them.

@betsylee – good job on your CDs, I do find that I’m getting better at CDs more than NFDs. You have been so good with checking in with everyone, thank you for being our host! And good job on getting that pre-indulgent weeks weight to melt off!

I do wonder how many FDs I’ve done since Feb this year when I started. I’ll have to go though and count them since I have them all documented (for the most part) could be interesting to see how many FDs correspond with the weight loss journey. *you guys know me and numbers and stats in general. I love data (and sorting it to see patterns)

Have a great weekend everyone. I’m usually away from the forum on the weekends battling the NFDs! Eeeeeep!

Day 26 – Japan – NFD

I’m going to do a run and maybe some bar work if I can avoid too much mud. Yesterday was a wet day. After the workout I’ll get around to breaking my fast.

Last night wasn’t great but not as bad as I used to always feel while trying to use calorie restriction. A bit of extra stress right now.

Day 25 Ohio, US — MFD

The fasting has gone well today, although I slept 11 hours last night and haven’t had my usual get up and go today. I was able to go out and shop for a futon to replace the one on my living room couch. The futon store was a stitch — something right out of the 60’s hippie scene. In addition to futons and water beds, it also sold “gifts” of incense, dragon figurines, etc. And, of course, also medical marijuana. I was also shocked by how much more futons cost now than 25 years ago. Guess it’s a niche market. I also went through the remaining 83 bankers boxes of unpacked stuff trying to locate 3 items that are unaccounted for. I’m able to tolerate a certain amount of chaos, provided that I know where everything is in that chaos. Ha! It looks as though this wasn’t as low an energy day as I thought.

@winsome waif Pixie is a great name for a cat. It connotes just a good combination of lightness and mischief.

@penz and @betsyee Thanks for the leads about Vegemite and Promite. There are some natural food places that are big into imports nearby, so I’ll take a look for them there.

@dykask Hope the run helps to ease the effects of the stress!

@i hate lettuce That’s fantastic progress! It seems as though 5:2 is really agreeing with you!

@betsylee Thanks for the really spot on quotes!

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 539 total)

You must be logged in to reply.