OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,059 total)

• Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.
    Yesterday’s FD ended an hour short. Once I start eating I just can’t seem to stop. AArggh!
    My throat is so sore….husband has brought some throat infection into the house, I squirt Vicks First Defence up my nose but, it’s not entirely held it at bay. At least I didn’t get the streaming nose….yet!
    I’m going for acupuncture soon. Trying to sort out my poor back, not sure it will help.
    Beautiful sunny, autumnal day here, just walked the dog in the woods.

Day 23 – Eastern WA USA – FD

@snowflake56 – what is the purpose of going through your cookbooks? Deciding if you’ll keep them or not?

@diana123 – (((hugs))) & prayers on the passing of your MIL. That she went peacefully is a blessing.

@dykask – hope you get feeling better quickly and you too @ciren2

@basyjames – I think you’re the 1st one to volunteer for November

Pocket FD list day 23

@snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @yellowandblue
    @annemarilyn

Together we can do this!

2nd post –

@ccco – did you make it through your FD yesterday okay? That is exciting family news!

USA Day 23 FD

No, AnneMarilyn, I didn’t succeed at fasting yesterday, so I am trying to fast again today. So far so good! I’ve been eating out of boredom lately. I need to get over that! LOL

USA Day 23 FD

Adding myself to the pocket list!

@snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @yellowandblue
    @annemarilyn
    @ccco

Day 23 London UK FD

Yesterday was a failed FD so aiming again for an 800 calorie day today. Let’s just say there were chicken satay skewers involved and my portion size didn’t lend itself to a successful FD! Also had four squares of dark chocolate. Weight fine this morning, still within maintenance range but I really need and want to focus on healthy food choices.

Today I skipped breakfast as usual, had coffee, tea and herbal teas, then a late lunch at 14:00 of a BOL brand Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Soup (220 cals) followed by a satsuma and some black grapes = 334 cals so far. It’s the evening meal choice that I seem to be struggling with at the moment. I have planned ahead and I took a homemade daal (Indian red lentil soup) out of the freezer this morning which is another 300 calories for supper, so that leaves me with just under 200 to play with. Sounds so easy when put like that…now I just have to make it to the end of the day!! There is definitely no chocolate left in the house so that should make life a bit easier!

@rainbowsmile Sorry to read that yesterday was a struggle. I hope the sun has broken through the clouds today for you. Sending some rays from me to you.

@murph58 Glad you had an easy FD yesterday and that you have found a successful approach for you. The great thing about those 500 (or 800) calories is that you can have them to suit your appetite. Congrats on last week’s loss!

@shinything thanks for the pilates recommendations. Looking forward to finding some time when I can sit down and look at links and have a go!

@daffodil2010 Glad you are holding onto your mojo, we are holding onto you! Your casserole sounds amazing especially with those chilli cubes.

@debster251 I agree with having a little of what you fancy…I just need to learn to stop at a little! Thank you for the reminder that maintenance should be about living a normal life whilst maintaining weight. It’s that adjustment to normal life/making my normal eating habits healthier an smaller than they were (without fasting) that I am trying to master. I will get there!

@yellowandblue hope you are having a successful FD today!

@diana123 I am so glad you have your retreat and I hope you find it helps you in your grief. Sending you thoughts of love and peace and strength

@basyjames I would love it if you would share some of your low carb sugar free baking recipes! Pretty please!

4th post

@diana123 my sincere condolences.

@annemarilyn we tried to list all the cookbooks on LibraryThing but failed. We’re buying books we allready have and perhaps a few can go, but not very likely. Some of them are a joy to read, some are weird but worth keeping.

FD going well, just had a bowl of pumpkin soup.

Stay strong fellow fasters!

Day 23, Gozo, Malta, fd

Diana123 condolences.

For lunch it was smoked salmon salad with spinach leaves, sweet corn, olives, artichokes and orange pepper. I also had half a banana and half an apple plus coffees with honey and milk.

This evening it’s going to be fish fillets fried in olive oil and white wine with parsley and served with qinuoa salad made with roasted broccoli, leeks and almonds plus extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey and lemon juice.

Onwards and downwards, good evening everyone.

Day 23, Fd, Finland

@diana123 so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing you made her last moments comfortable and surrounded by love.

I have the wagon in sight….a good day today. Just had a little jog with my son, a nice way to start the evening. Now off to sauna and some cross stitch to keep mind and hands away from kitchen. Hope to leap into the wagon in time for the end of this month’s challenge

Day 24 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Made relatively good choices on yesterdays NFD, except for the almost two glasses of wine, had a bit of good news so it was to celebrate of sorts. Couldnt figure out why I was feeling hungrier than usual this morning – the wine is definitely it I reckon! Lots of water and herbal tea for me this morning!

@diana123 I’m so sorry for loss, thoughts are with you.

Day 24 Pocket List:
    @gretta

Day 23 – UK – Between a FD and a CD

Lots of exercise today starting with a 6.5km walk/jog with a friend this morning and then a High Intensity Pilates class late afternoon!

Despite a 359cal FD yesterday have not felt particularly hungry today so ending at just under 1000cals

@basyjames – Hope you find your mojo back – going back to the basic 5:2 is the best thing – I find it works for me and I still can enjoy a scone or cake and of course my glass of wine – just not everyday!!! For me the trick is not to deprive myself of anything but to ensure portion control!
    @snowflake56 – Celebrating life with good friends is one of the major joys of life as is quiet times spent at home with the person you love – sounds like you had a fabulous time. Thinking of your friend and wishing her strength in what she has to face
    @ccco – what wonderful news – a grandson deserves celebrations 👶
    @redrockgirl302 – what a great position to be in before going on holidays – 5lbs wriggle room – have a fab time in Austria
    @anna6 – your pregnant daughter is so lucky to have you as a mum as are the rest of your family in having such a wonderful caring cook looking after them
    @rainbowsmile – hope you did not struggle so much today!
    @murph58 – you might surprise yourself at how much you start to enjoy having more “me time” now that the nest is empty – I found myself rather enjoying doing things that I wanted to do and finding a new quality of life when my nest became empty – wishing the same for you x
    @dykask – hope you feel better soon
    @daffodil2010 @cornish-jane and @debster251 – I remember when the sit down/stand up test was initially shown on TV – there was rather a lot of discussions in the medical field that it is not a test everyone should undergo, and it probably says little about your mortality and more about your strength. If you have knee issues then this test can cause more harm! Using one hand to help you down and up only lowers your score by 2 points to a very acceptable 8/10
    @diana123 – 🤗good to hear that MIL passed away peacefully with her family around her – to be surrounded by loved ones and to be at peace must have been reassuring for her and all of you x

Tomorrow morning OH has talked me into going to his “Broga” class with him – my usual Yoga classes are not running this week as my teacher is having a week off – does not sound like my kind of thing but will give it a go – hope I can survive it………..

Remember “It’s OK to give in to cravings every now and then. Losing weight and keeping it off means balance, not going without treats for the rest of your life”

Day 23 Minnesota, USA NFD, under TDEE
    Day 22 CD Did well.
    Tomorrow a FD. Hopefully will stay under 500.

@diana123, sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. It was a loving thing you did, taking care of your MIL in her last months and helping her pass peacefully from this world surrounded by love.
    @ccco: congrats on the grandson news!

Best of luck to everyone.

Day 23 Ohio, US — NFD

@debster251 Thanks for the positive feedback about the sugar. Alas, it turns out to have been a little premature. I got a one-two punch (figuratively!) this afternoon — at the end of the work day I participated in a conversation about the upcoming changes to the health plan at work and people were pretty upset. I got out of work quite tightly wound. Then I did some grocery shopping and picked up bags of candy for handing out on Trick-or-Treat night later this week. I succumbed to those sweet odors wafting from off the shelves. (Do they hide fans on the shelves to blow the aromas into our faces?) So I picked up some for myself. Fortunately it wasn’t a full-scale binge, but it was a lot more sugar than I have been having for a few weeks. @at your wisdom has come just at the right time today!

@diana Sorry for your loss! Peace be with you and yours!

@ciren2 Acupuncture (and Chinese medicine) is one of the great wonders of the world! It has kept me going for the last 30 years. Hope your back gets to feeling better!

Day 24 Ireland NFD

Got through yesterday’s FD, really find it hard going at the minute for unknown reason but feeling glad I did it now.

@diane123 sorry to hear about your MIL.

I’m sorry I don’t get time to comment on anyone’s conversation, can’t remember the names and who is who but maybe with time this all becomes easier (i.e. writing on and using the forum!!)

Have a good day everyone.

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Really enjoyed a good NFD yesterday. No eating tons of crap, just a little more food and going to bed with a nice comfortable feeling in my tum. Another NFD today, nothing to eat until lunch when I have my oat bran bread sandwich followed by a good 30 minute walk, then dinner tonight will be homemade beef burger with onions and gravy. Yum.

Going back to basics will negate any feelings of deprivation that were creeping in. Enjoying my 5 NFD’s and knuckling down to 500 cal FD’s until I am back in the zone. Otherwise I was in danger of throwing my hands in the air and giving up. But I have got this. Thanks to all you guys here too ☺️

@shinything thanks for the YouTube link on the yoga poses for knees. Will incorporate more of this into my morning stretching routine. Thanks also for the Pilates links. I was thinking of seeing if anybody local runs a class too.
    @debster251 yup, I have also got more and more exercises to do…but if it keeps us supple 😄
    @diana123. Condolences on your MIL and so glad you have this long awaited retreat to go to. Blessings.
    @yellowandblue Just keep posting on here and soon it will become easier to recognise names and comments. You will be grand 👍
    @at I am starting to get knee issues only in the past few months so I want to stop it before it gets worse. I agree though that the sit down test would be bad if you had bad knees, I am trying to increase my strength. Hey, this morning though I scored a 9/10…only needed one knee to stand back up….so after two days already an improvement 😆

@matpi as my DH is working this Hallowe’en and we don’t have any small children I really really did not want to get in a load of treats for trick and treaters and be here in the house on my own with them (the treats). Problem solved….my friend in work and I have decided to go out for an early dinner on Halloween, straight from work, so when I get home the kiddies should have stopped calling….and no mine field awaiting on the last day of the challenge 😱

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Day 24, London, UK, FD

This will be a B2B2B week for me as I really need to shrink this tummy before I even attempt to squeeze myself into my dress on Sat night, for those interested, this is it ………………………..

https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women/eliza-j-halter-neck-dress-with-ruffle-detail/d826213.pd#276590350

I’m disappointed that I didn’t hang on to last weeks’ whoosh, but 1lb down after yesterdays’ FD, so maybe I’ll repeat that success this week!!!

@diana123, so nice to imagine your MIL slipping off peacefully within the bosom of her family, you should feel proud to have given her what we all hope for, care and love and attention at the very end. Best wishes to you and the family xxxx

@kerryn73, it’s an uphill journey at the moment, so you should catch this wagon with ease!!!

Have we lost @bert1802 again??? Maybe we’ll see you in November???

Keep the faith people, it’s actually easier than we sometimes make it out to be …………………………… Back to basics sounds good to me!!!!

Day 24 UK NFD

I have not been good at 5:2 this month or keeping up with here. Life style very disjointed and without rhythm due to ongoing house limbo. Away house hunting these past few days with copious amounts of stops in cafes with copious amounts of carbtastic foods consumed! I wish I could see an end to the house search, just want to start living a normal settled life again and then I might have a better chance with sorting myself out!
    Hope everyone else is fine and dandy.
    Ta x

Day 24 London UK NFD

Delighted to have completed an 800 cal FD yesterday. It’s set me up for the rest of the week to do controlled NFDs, working on healthy, nutritious food choices. Feels like I have wiped the slate clean with regard to weight so can focus on this now. So thankful to this WOE. I still can’t believe I reached my target two months ago and have been maintaining since…despite some serious indulgences, going away and celebrations.

Supper was homemade daal which was made up of a red split lentil base with garlic, dried chillies and spices (turmeric and coriander), broccoli, cauliflower, spinach and carrot. I stirred some additional chilli oil through it to add an extra kick! Then when the sugar monster started stirring in me, I had a blush pear and some melon with a dollop of full fat greek yoghurt. It was lovely but I was still thinking of chocolate. I’m so glad there wasn’t any at home! So I had about 10 almonds. Can’t and won’t deny myself chocolate but just was aware of falling into a daily habit!

Life is stressful at the moment, workload huge and I’m feeling quite overwhelmed again and not in control. To add to this my husband is having a tough time at work and I am really worried about his stress levels. I’m so relieved that it’s Wednesday (my last work day of the week). Last week I found it really hard to switch the work part of my brain off and spent much of the time dreading Monday. Will plan some fun activities with my toddler and try not to give work too much thought. My eating habits are one element that I do have control over and it really helps to have something I can focus on which is under my control. This definitely adds to my motivation and enthusiasm for this WOE.

My plan for today’s NFD is liquids until lunch – have had a coffee, a tea and water so far. I bought lunch from Sainsbury’s this morning – a nutty and wholesome quinoa, almond and cashew salad with a soy and tamarind dressing at 340 calories. It has pepper, black eyed peas, carrot yellow split peas, radish, spinach and coriander. Also picked up some harrisa lamb and chicken koftas which are 49 cals each and I will have two of these broken up in the salad. So a total of 438 calories for lunch. Sounds like a lot but my TDEE is 1550. Next week I plan to make my own lunches for work as they are always tastier, not to mention cheaper. Haven’t thought about what’s for supper yet.

@flourbaby that dress is stunning! I love the shape and the ruffle detail – bet you will look fabulous on Saturday night! A great incentive to stay on track – you CAN do this! I noticed @bert1802 was missing too, and @sarahbob . Hope you are both okay and come back to us soon. @sarahbob I’m ready to take on Jillian Michaels with you in November! X

@daffodil2010 You really have got this by the sound of your NFD yesterday. Your homemade beef burgers just made my tummy rumble. Hope your morning is going well. Enjoy that sandwich at lunchtime!

@yellowandblue That feeling of satisfaction the morning after a FD sure is great! Makes it worth persevering and getting through the tough ones. I wouldn’t worry about commenting on others posts just yet. Get into the habit of posting for yourself first for accountability and support, and the rest may come with time.

Must get on with work now. I started this post at home in bed this morning when the little one decided starting the day at 4.30am was a good idea. I’m already ready for a snooze!

Hope today is a good day for all.

Day 24 North Canton OH Healthy eating day.

I just re-read simcoeluvs post from a few years ago and it made me laugh so hard that I wanted to share 🙂 here you go guys
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

@beedoo these were the cookies I made a couple days ago

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/cheesecake-cookies-recipe-low-carb-raspberry-cheesecake-cookies/

and everything recipe from the link below works insanely well – yum!
    https://www.ketoconnect.net/desserts/

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

More activities today and tonight. I’m finding that evenings are hard after coming home from a particularly energetic or stressful activity, I want to eat, usually desiring something sweet. I think recognizing the temptation and acting on it is a good thing. Of course, acting against it! Ha ha.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 24 NFD

Flourbaby, I love dress! You will look wonderful. It’s a good thing you got already, since they are out of them, at least online! You will have a great time!

Today will be a controlled day for me. My daughter and I will be looking at baby items. She wants me to keep a portable playpen/infant bed at my house and she selected a couple for me to look at. I’ve been advising her to stay away from too many things that say “newborn”! Babies grow way to fast, so a larger size would be a better bet, I think!

I wish everyone the very best today!

USA Day 24 NFD

Second Post

Just had to chime in about Halloween candy!! LOL I bought some candy already but that was a big mistake!!!! I ate every bit of it! I am putting off getting more until Friday! Funny thing, though! I don’t even like candy, so why the hell did I eat it??????

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Well, following on from my previous post yesterday…I HAVE now succumbed to Hubby’s horrible cold! Sore throat given way to streaming, stuffy nose. Should be fun on my deliveries tomorrow, eh? No idea where he got it from..
    My daughter (dairy researcher) has just got her visa for her new post in Australia….of course it’s a dream come true for her. At 26, it’s now or never to see the world…and get paid for it. It’s a three year contract in Victoria. I just hope she comes back afterwards!!

Day 24 FD
    @yellowandblue I really hate that I can’t keep everyone straight also. Maybe if we write down their names we can reply? I just love this group so much. All you stories inspire…Since I have been home from Portland, my belly is off, But I am fasting today. I just feel bloated and backed up, sorry is that TMI?
    @at besides missing my girl, I think the hardest thing is figuring out my marriage, which has always been solid. It is just a big change. Lucky for me I have the best lady friends, a few that are also empty nesters. We never trash talk our husbands, so it is a really loving healthy group of gals.
    I hope everyone has a beautiful day.

Day 24 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Keeping the eating window short 18:6 or maybe 17:7. Depends how long the afternoon mtg goes at the university.

@flourbaby – what fun to look forward to dressing up in a pretty dress on Saturday! Great motivation for healthier decisions. Enjoy!

Still have some posts to catch up on. Need to head back to work responsibilities. I like this part time job that allows me to pop home for lunch…

Hang in there fellow forum friends!

Day 24 Belfast NFD

I am posting late today after a busy day. Volunteering this morning made me realise that we are all one step from loneliness.
    My weight is higher than I would like and I don’t seem to have the wherewithal to fix it. I guess I’m in the doldrums a bit.

@snowflake56 – the wedding will be in June 2020. They’re looking to get married in Spain which will be nice.
    @shinything – thank you for that link. Watching that has made me realise that I must try and fit in Yoga as well as my Pilates!
    @diana123 – I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your MIL but glad for the peaceful nature of her passing. Your love and commitment to her has been outstanding. I hope you and your family find your own peace in the months ahead. Take care. Xo
    @basyjames – raspberry swirl cream cheese cookies? Oh!! And of course they have 0 calories? 😂And thank you for offering to host November. Up to now you’re the first one to offer so thank you.
    @ciren2 – my OH has had a sore shoulder for ages and I had to drag him kicking and screaming to the physio. He came home a new man after acupuncture so I hope yours is as successful. And yes, sending your children across the world is a scary undertaking, but what an opportunity!
    No, @Daffodil2101. No hands in the air and no giving up. That’s an order!
    @flourbaby – the dress is GORGEOUS and a bargain too! You’ll be the belle of the ball!
    @ccco – exciting times with your new grandson!
    @murph58 – where would we be without our girlfriends!

I’m off for my final weekend away in the caravan for this season and hoping to remain in control of the food that goes into my mouth!

Night, night, sleep tight 💤

Day 24 UK FD
    Day 25 UK NFD

Finally getting to post for day 24 and 25! Successful FD. Weigh in, in the morning at end of my 3rd week .

Will catch up with all the posts tomorrow night !

Day 24 Ohio,US — NFD

Just a regular NFD and kept the added sugars to less than 10 g.

@daffodil2010 Trick-or-Treat night is usually a BIG thing in this rural area. The towns are so small that they have trick-or-treat on different days so the kids can have a decent chance of getting an okay “haul.” In my village T-or-T is always on the Thursday before Halloween, so 10/25 this year. It lasts for just 2 hours and is mostly for smaller children. I must admit that I get a big kick out of handing out the candy and trying to guess what the costumes are. I’m really out of touch with the cartoon characters of the under 8 crowd.

@ciren2 Hope you and your OH shake off those colds really fast!

Enjoy the full moon!

Day 25 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Slept very badly last night, so in a bit of a daze today (feeling pretty anxious with all the wedding stuff coming up), but have so far managed to not stuff my face with energy dense, sugary food (but the day is still young….! sigh) need to remember to stay focussed.

Checked the body fat % this morning which I’ve been doing about montly, and this WOL and training is paying off – currently sitting at 17.7% BFP which i am thrilled about! Over the past few months my skeletal muscle mass has not changed either, which shows that the fasting days dont melt muscles (which I think historically was the mind set).

Hope everyone is having a great day! x

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Another good NFD, weight has stayed the same despite some “food in transit” issues so that has to be good. My second FD today. Small lunch, then nothing else until after yoga tonight so at that late stage I might just rustle up an oatbran porridge with raspberries and a smidge of walnuts. Then bed 👍

Feeling more motivated today. I had a pamper night last night (a friend of mine has developed her own range of facial exfoliating creams so I told her I would research one last night), and I had even told myself I could have some wine if I wanted……but I didn’t feel like it last night. 👍 Yay! Dry till Fri it remains.

My boss wanted to talk to me when work ended yesterday but then her boss demanded attention…..so she wants to catch up with me today. Wonder why 🤔 I am only there in the new role 3 weeks, and 7 weeks so far on contract…….I don’t feel any bad vibes so hopefully it’s good feedback……🤔

@matpi here in my village (and all over Ireland I assume) you signal your intent to welcome trick or treaters by dressing up your house with spooky things. Though it still doesn’t stop the more intrepid older kids who knock on every door anyway. We do draw the line at the teenagers though, often had 14 year olds a knocking at 9.30!!!!
    Thanks to our granddaughter and youngest neices and nephews I know most of the Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig, Ben and Holly characters 😆 Enjoy this evenings fun!

It’s my fathers 82nd birthday today. Love him to bits.

Have a great Thursday all.

Pocket lust Day 25
    @daffodil2010

Day 25, Guildford UK, MFD

Feeling a little better and moving forward. Starting selling some items on eBay to raise some cash for Christmas.

I will have my family this year for Christmas, so excited.

I had two days of not following the MFD, but yesterday I did.

Was intending to WFD to switch things up.

My ankle is very sore and swollen again when I get up in morning.

@diana123 peace today.

I was intending to be with you in Sedona, reluctantly because of my ankle I have had to switch to March 2019.

Thank you for all the lovely support.

I know it’s a long way away but I volunteer to host for March next year.

Mari

Day 25 UK
    Going to try very hard today, OH out of the house so no food enticements from him, cupboards almost bare so I’d have to be very wilful in what I choose to eat to scupper my attempts.
    Sunshine and blue sky outside so already a positive psychological boost but aware that a slip in mindful vigilance might mean a small eating mistake could set of a tsunami, going to distract myself with walks outside, won’t use a tedious report I need to write as an excuse. Living life on the fasting edge at the mo and it’s not a happy place so heartfelt best wishes to those in the doldrums and soaking up the positive rays from everyone else.
    Ta x

Day 25 Belfast FD

I’ve lost my mojo at the moment. If anyone finds it please return in a sealed envelope so it doesn’t escape. ☹️

Add your name to the pocket list if you are fasting today

@daffodil2010
    @rainbowsmile
    @debster251

I’m going away for the weekend this afternoon and have made a big pot of chill for this evening’s meal. The plan is to just OMAD. 🤞

💪💪💪

Day 25 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Sending positive vibes to my friends who are struggling right now, please just keep on as best you can, it really is wonderful to reach your happy weight. My loss was slow but now I’ve reached my goal it is easy to hold there with two 800 calories FDs a week. My recommendation is to try to stick with the same days for FDs so that it becomes routine……Mondays and Thursdays are my FDs and its just habit now……and don’t make it too hard for yourself. Hang on to the wagon, believe me tortoises become very happy bunnies when they reach their destination 😀

Add your name to the pocket list if you are fasting today
    @daffodil2010
    @rainbowsmile
    @debster251
    @missybear

Day 25 UK
    2nd post

@missybear – I’m imagining myself as a future very happy bunny. Thanks for your encouraging vibes spread out to all, I’m taking some!

Ta x

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday ended up being a FD at 525 calories. Good for me using up calories at exercise and a short choir concert last night but not eating much.

Onward and downward.

Day 25, London, UK, FD

So it’s day 3 of my B2B2B and I’m feeling ok with it, mainly because I MUST fit into that dress!!!! Discipline is so much easier when there’s a goal/ reward at the end!!!

I’ve been super busy at work, office move and party this weekend, that I haven’t been hungry (or maybe just no time to think of food!!), it also means I haven’t caught up with the latest posts.

I hope everyone is doing well, I’ll catch up & comment soon!!!

USA Day 25 FD

Just checking in and adding myself to the pocket list.

@daffodil2010
    @rainbowsmile
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 25 North Canton OH FD

I just completed stage 2 of my root canal, I see the specialist in 3 weeks for stage 3 then I go back in about a month to get my crown. The dentist was happy with the progress we made today and I am not too numb so yay!

@debster I wish they were zero calories, however it’s impossible to eat too much of them. I have noticed that same effect with all my low carb sugar-free desserts. A welcome change from the high carb stuff I used to eat before. Maybe it’s the high fat content that is responsible for it.I will keep searching for that mojo of yours, I am sure you will find it soon.

@flourbaby that dress?…no words.

Day 25 pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @rainbowsmile
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @basyjames

Day 25: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.
    Cold and grey today…not helped by horrible runny nose and bunged up throat. My daughter rang to say she is going home early from work with tonsillitis….oh dear must be the time of year.
    She also has a start date for her new job in Australia (mid-January) all so real now. The only reasonably cheap flight out at this time of year turns out to be on Christmas Day! She wants a couple of weeks there to get her bearings and acclimatize before starting work. Scary, scary…but, at her age, exciting (I suppose)….I’m already fretting (as any mother would)…she needs somewhere to live, transport to work, FRIENDS, etc etc…

Day 25 UK FD

Back again after almost a week of virus, compounded by post-event fatigue. good to let go and listen to my body, sleeping & listen to audiobooks for a few days. Feeling v out of it but glad to catch up with posts and events, and stumble back onto the waggon for the last week of this challenge.

Largely through unwellness I’ve mostly been eating OMAD and no processed food bc didn’t have any in the house! But I’ve not thought of portion control at all and worked my way through a fridgeful of food – 800g loaf of seedy oat bread plus 400g rolls, lots of cooked & raw veg, fruit, eggs, cheese, nuts & tofu.

Scales are still stuck at 145lbs but I’m feeling much more pudgy and sluggish, and clothes not fitting as well. Thankfully I’m now craving vegan curries and newly armed with a pile of recipes, I’m going to batchcook and get back into the fizzy water habit.

Bit of a backlog and a full load the next few weeks plus home repairs & pile of health appts to organise, but I’m going to go gently & also keep up the early nights. Self-care enables better boundaries, and everything else will fall into place somehow – and if not, I won’t mind so much!

@beedoo @debster251 @at thank you for your good wishes. I’m not good at downtime until I wind down, and then I find it really hard to rev up again! But definitely getting better at self care, albeit slowly

@diana123 my condolences on your loss. It sounded as tho your MIL had a happy last chapter and a very peaceful, safe and loving end to her life. I hope your retreat is a helpful and healing time for you xx

@beedoo maybe look at raw cacao? It is everything that is good about chocolate without any of the sugar. I often have it with fat-free Greek yogurt and a splash of raw honey, or perhaps a baked banana or chopped apple. And not looked at chocolate at all since I discovered it!

@fatfingers congratulations on reaching your goal

Small steps towards a goal are still progress

Day 25 pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @rainbowsmile
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @michelinme

Day 25, Emden Germany, NFD
    Day 24, NFD

yesterday too busy to post, today no internet/phone or electricity because one of the neightbours wanted to save money and instead of hiring a plummer decided to do the digging in the garden himself. He cut all the cables so we had to wait until the repair men came and fixed everything.

MIL in hospital since last night with a pelvic fracture, we all hope she won’t stay there long, she needs her routine to stay calm and happy.

@at how is your friend doing? I had to look up Broga, never heard of it, how was it?

@yellowandblue you’ll get to know us all, just stay with us, it takes time.

@flourbaby great dress, this one is worth doing all this fasting!

@basyjames simcoeluv describes it just as it is, so funny to read.

@murph58 just write whatever you want!

@debster251 a wedding in Spain, that will be so nice. Have fun on your last weekend away with the caravan.

@daffodil2010 how was your talk with the boss? Congratulations on your father’s birthday, you’re so fortunate to have him around.

@ciren2 this is a great opportunity for your daughter, living abroad widens your horizon. Perhaps some of our Australian friends can give her some tips? Sending healing vibes your way, try chicken soup, great against colds and it warms the soul.

@dingping house hunting can be so annoying when you can’t seem to find the right one. We’re halfheartedly looking for a house in the Netherlands but the ones we like are sold before we get a chance to have a closer look at them. How can we make you a happy bunny again? Can I offer you 2 FDs with me?

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

Day 25, UK, NFD

My mojo has gone MIA! I want it back, its not fun! 😠

@diana123 my condolances on passing of your MIL. May she RIP 🙏

@yellowandblue we all have times like that, when fasting is a challenge. It will pass, stay strong. As for knowing and replying to people here, I have a notepad opened and I take notes and write replies as I read the forum, maybe try that? Its easier 🙂

@michelinme I hope you feel better soon, remember, taking it slow is part of taking care of yourself x

@daffodil2010 Happy Birthday to your Dad 🎂 , and let us know what your boss said.

Stay strong everyone, we can do this! 💪

USA Day 25 FD

Second Post

My FD went well ending with 574 calories! I have learned a lesson! When I started this WOE, I gave up all alcoholic beverages. Recently, I reintroduced wine into the mix because I like a glass in the evening. That did not go well. I gained back all the weight I lost! UGH! Wine will have to wait until I reach my goal and figure out how to maintain without regaining! I miss my wine! Stay strong, everyone!

Day 25 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Sipping some lovely herbal tea as I have been catching up on posts. Aiming for a LFD, ending about 40-42 hours tomorrow lunchish.

@basyjames – thanks for sharing the recipes. I’ve been enjoying some LCHF items over the last while but I’m in a conundrum. Dr. Jason Fung, fasting guru from Canada, really advises no sweetners (even the good stuff like stevia) as it raised insulin. Others have said their weightloss is slowed by sweetners. Not sure what to do. Maybe keep off them most of the time, and enjoy making a treat like the raspberry cookies for a celebration. One things I’ve been able to do is stop putting a pkg of stevia in my morning ACV, lime juice & hot water. Any thoughts?

@ciren2 – it sounds like exciting times at your house, especially for your daughter. I know it’s kind of rough on parents; especially on mothers. I remember my mom crying when I committed to going to Spain for two years at 19. It all worked out. Just wish she had come to visit me while I lived there. She almost did. You have a good reason to go to Australia now. 🙂

@gretta – how are you measuring your body fat?

@matpi, @ccco and others – regarding Hallowe’en (trick or treating), Interesting the different traditions that develop in different places. I need to find out what to do as I’ve recently moved. In the past I usually buy treats that don’t tempt me. I’ll have to check out with my neighbors what to expect in this neighborhood to see if I want to stay home or be away. If I’m away, I won’t be tempted, as someone else mentioned.

@daffodil2010 – enjoy celebrating your dad’s birthday! It’s wonderful to celebrate our folks. We never know how long we have them.

@michelinme – you are so right that “self-care enables better boundaries”. Good reminder. Yes, small steps towards a goal are still progress!

Day 25 pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @rainbowsmile
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @annemarilyn

Together we are stronger!

Second post
    I’ve just blown my FD with EFS. I just can’t seem to get it together.
    @snowflake56 – I hope your MIL gets out of hospital soon and heals quickly
    @shinything – perhaps your mojo has run away with mine? 😂

Day 25 Ireland FD

Heading to bed. My FDs over for this week, great!

Day 24 and 25 – UK – NFD

You’ll be pleased to hear that I survived the “Broga Class” although after 3 intense exercise sessions and a jog/run over the last 3 days I have slightly sore legs, shoulders and arm muscles but a great sense of achievement!

@flourbaby – what a fab dress – I’m confident it will slip on like a glove and you will feel amazing wearing it….
    @bert1802 – as @flourbaby said where are you????? missing your input and entertaining posts
    @ciren2 – hope you feel better soon – take care xx
    @murph58 – it is a big change but as you say you have a solid marriage and I suspect your OH is feeling the change too…….you and OH will find a way to adjusting to the changes in your home 🤗and having a great group of girlfriends is an amazing support!
    @yellowandblue – I open 2 windows of the forum on my laptop – read from one and type on the other, makes it so much easier…….
    @debster251 – enjoy that final weekend away in the caravan for this season and come back ready to press a RESET button….your mojo is just lurking in the shadows…….
    @gretta – you are doing really well…….stick to the plan – only 3 weeks to go and you will look fab on the day!
    @daffodil2010 – hope your dad had a great time celebrating his 82nd and also that your meeting with the boss was all positive x
    @rainbowsmile – hope that pesky ankle settles down soon x
    @missybear – totally agree with you “it really is wonderful to reach your happy weight” what I love about this WOL is the flexibility – for me maintenance has meant vigilance – I pop on the scales daily but usually only record twice a week – if I find myself near the top of my maintenance range I nip things in the bud by putting in a FD ASAP and remind myself that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now” so I’m joining you in sending positive vibes to all who need it at the moment xx
    @basyjames – sympathies – I hate any dental work – hope it all works out
    @michelinme 🤗 you have got this x
    @snowflake56 – Thank you for asking – my friend is doing OK but unfortunately not good response to the 2 different types of chemo she has had so far but luckily it is a slow growing tumour and she is a positive person – doing lots of selfcare – started taking daily Kefir, Fasting and yoga practice especially for cancer patients – I am heading down south for another visit in early December. Broga was interesting, very intense – continuous movements with clear instructions, many more repetitions than I am used to and definitely the hardest exercise session I have undertaken……BUT I survived and actually enjoyed it and OH has convinced me to start a weekly session next Monday with him 💪 Hope MIL recovers and is back home sooner than later xx
    @shinything – your MOJO is lurking in the shadows with @debster251 Mojo – I’m going to catch them this weekend for you both and hold them ready for you to start next week with a strong FD 😉
    @ccco – I too love my glass of wine and have to work really hard to rein it the damages it can cause so I have been trying to apply a 4:3 way of drinking i.e 4 days of abstinence and 3 days of enjoying a glass or two and that seems to work for me…….but I know it is something I have to keep working at or that 🍷🐉 will take over…..

Heading off to bed now……thinking of doing a FD tomorrow – will see what the scales say in the morning and decide………

“Losing Weight is Hard. Maintaining Weight is Hard. Staying Overweight is Hard. Choose your Hard.”

USA Day 25 FD

AT: Thanks for that idea about the 4:3 wine drinking schedule. I think I will consider that. I want an eating system that doesn’t make me feel deprived of things. I am still trying to work that out!

London UK Day 26. FD

Struggling to fit in 2 FD each week. I’m just trying to start eating as late as possible each day to compensate.

Re drinking alcohol, I gave up as I turned 60, about a year and a half ago, and with two lapses ( Venice/ Campari, say n’more, and Christmas Day) its been ok. I used to ALWAYS have a glass of wine in my hand when I was socialising, but now I’m used to just chatting and having a laugh either with fake beer, or without a drink at all. I never thought that day would come. So hang on, those that are grappling with the demon drink. You can do it.

Shall I start a pocket list for day 26?
    @emma-taylor.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.