OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,059 total)

• Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Scale is getting kinder – down 2# today. Again, need to keep good control today. I do weigh daily and find it important for accountability to myself.

Glad the “Bum” telling granny brought joy.

Onward and downward.

Ugh…I feel so much pain. The Plantar Fasciitis I’ve had since May feels more sore than of late. But the worse thing is a bad, sharp knife-like pain in my left lower back where my spine joins my pelvis. Every time I get up from bending over. I’m told it’s possibly the sacroiliac joint. I had spinal fusion higher on my spine in 2011 which, maybe, has put more strain on the lower parts. My right Knee has also flared up….especially going downstairs.
    I wonder if 5:2 will help arthritis? If I could get back on the wagon tomorrow, at least I’d feel something was in control about my health!
    Moan over….

Day 21, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Today I just had my usual coffee, honey and semi skimmed milk in the morning. Then I served a three course lunch which was carrot soup, individual beef Wellingtons with roasted parsnips, onions and sweet potatoes and then a peppermint or a chocolate dessert. Everyone said the beef Wellingtons were delicious and to make again.

I had some fruity local mulled wine with my lunch but I served asti sparkling white wine also.

This evening I just had a yogurt and some bitter lemon.

Tomorrow is the first of three fd of 800 calories.

Onwards and downwards, good night friends.

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Very busy with preparations for my trip to Austria. Leaving tomorrow and returning the end of November.
    Goal: not exceeding the high end of maintenance. I have 4 pounds to play with. 😊😊😊

I will be rejoining this absolutely fabulous international group of co-fasters and friends with the December Challenge. 😊

@debster251: Thank you so much for hosting our October Challenge! 💐🌻⚘

All the best to all of you lovely people! 🌸⚘🍀🍂🍁🍃🌼

Day 21 London UK NFD

My FD turned into a NFD when we decided to have an early supper out…We’d just had a lovely long walk through Hyde Park and I was feeling virtuous. Supper included fries…and a chocolate eclair for dessert 🐷 …but Sundays are a family day and I wasn’t going to sit there watching husband and toddler eat! I was good before and after so I guess that’s something 😊 Meal was over by 5:30pm and haven’t had anything since so that’ll give me a long window of not eating until I break my fast tomorrow. Definitely planning an FD tomorrow. Busy day of meetings at work which should make it easier!

Does anyone else listen to The Food Programme on BBC Radio 4? I’ve only just come across it on iPlayer Radio and it’s a treasure trove of interesting food related reports. Found one with Bee Wilson about how we learn to eat…someone here (sorry I can’t recall who) mentioned reading her book, First Bite, recently.
    Also a really fascinating (if slightly worrying!) one on food labelling going back through the decades and also looking to the future. Here’s a link in case anyone is interested: The Food Programme – Label This! – @bbcradio4 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bgpbvk

@redrockgirl302 Have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to reading about it in December. Safe travels!

@anna6 Your meal sounds delicious and so special. Mulled wine? I love mulled wine. It can only mean one thing…Christmas is (almost) upon us! Hope the last trimester of your daughters pregnancy is going well. Such an exciting time!

@ciren2 How I wish I had some advice to offer for your pain. All I have is healing energy and thoughts which I’m sending in abundance to you. Imagine them in virtual format in the shape of a giant painkiller! X

@songbirdme congrats on that downward trend! Great way to end the weekend!

@mia139 Your clear out sounds like a big job. Something very therapeutic about, don’t you find? Bet there’ll be plenty of trips down memory lane with it! I always get sidetracked by old photos or books when I go up into the loft. It’s like a time warp up there!

@daffodil2010 I know what you mean about fruit! I love, love, love fruit but feel a bit of guilt associated with it…only since doing Dukan. I do tell myself that there are worse things I could be having (like that chocolate eclair!!)

@debster251 I share your tummy conundrum! I think if I lost anymore weight my tummy area would just look even more “crepey” than it already does! Looking into beginners Pilates classes in my area (thanks for info @shinything ) although between work and toddler my availability is restricted. If anyone has any dvd/online recommendations I’d love to hear about them. There’s so many out there that it’s hard to know where to start.
    Also remembered I was given Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil – Firming/Toning by a friend when I was pregnant. Never got round to using it then so have started now and will apply daily. Seems to get rave reviews so we’ll see. It feels lovely on the skin if nothing else!

Bedtime for me. Excuse any typos, I’m falling asleep here! Next stop Monday and work. Bleurgh! Ready not feeling engaged on that front at the moment. Wish I could fast forward to Wednesday night already! Have a great day/night all X

Day 21 – UK – NFD
    Day 20 – NFD 👿

Very busy day out in the drizzle marshalling for a major Fell and Relay Championship Race but great fun and our local club pulled together to host this – great effort by all involved……..we celebrated the end of a wonderful day with pizza, wine/beer and cake!!!! so a bit of overindulgence……….

Today I have been more controlled and came in just under TDEE ready for a FD tomorrow @Ciren I’m pulling on board that wagon with me tomorrow and ensuring your seat belt is firmly fastened!!! You Can Do This!

@songbirdme – I love my hairdresser – I always walk out feeling 5 years younger and with a bounce in my step! Came back home to bake cakes for Saturday’s race and kept to a controlled day on Friday!
    @michelinme – Self love is so important 🙏 we must remember to take care of not just our bodies but our heart and soul too 🤗
    @cntryfolk – Welcome on board – congratulations on dispatching that 22lbs so far but are you saying that you only eating 500cal every day???? Losing weight is the easy part but keeping it off is the important part – you need to find a way of eating that is sustainable in the long run and fasting for 2 days and normal eating on 5 i.e. 5:2 certainly is – have you read Dr Mosely’s book? if not I highly recommend it. The following link by @simcoeluv might prove helpful and answer a lot of your questions:– https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    @shinything – We are here for each other – this forum is amazing for provide support just when needed.
    @beedoo @debster251 @flourbaby @rainbowsmile – Pilates is certainly great for flattening the tummy – It is really worth it if you can find a good pilates instructor near you for a private lesson so she/he can go through the moves properly with you if not here are a couple of links that you might like to try – similar set of exercises with different instructors
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBmXv6iiMJU
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7yqw4gCnaY
    @debster251 in your daily planks are you also doing side ones to work the obliques more?
    @diana123 – Your family and MIL have been in my thoughts 🤗
    @songbirdme – Thanks for the laugh – I had seen that video before thanks to a friend but it made me laugh just as much second time round 😂
    @ciren2 – I’m assuming you have tried the following stretches and exercises for your plantar fasciitis but this is an excellent link
    Exercise advice: foot pain | The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
    https://www.csp.org.uk/public-patient/rehabilitation-exercises/foot-pain
    @redrockgirl302 – Another visit to Austria – lucky you – have a fab time – we will miss you on the monthly challenges – looking forward to hearing from you when you return for the December one!

Anyone out there struggling – stay strong and positive – you will get there!!! We all have different paths to the end goal – “You Cannot Change Yesterday BUT You Can Change tToday and Tomorrow!”
    I thought I would remind us all of those non scale victories:
    *Clothes fit better
    *More energy
    *Improved endurance
    *Sleep quality
    *Fewer cravings
    *Feel healthier

10 more days to go after today……..Time enough to make a difference……is there anyone who is willing to take the lead for the November Challenge………

Day 21 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Keeping to an 18:6 today on this glorious fall day. This first fall in Spokane is just lovely – crisp cool mornings followed by a lot of sun and warmer afternoons accompanied by colourful falling leaves. Raking some of those leaves was good exercise yesterday!

@redrockgirl302 – have a lovely time in Austria! Look forward to hearing of your travels.

@ciren2 – praying for pain relief for you. That can not be fun.

@beedoo – your family time in Hyde Park sounds lovely. I was there once only way back in the early 1970s when I was quite young. Good memories! I don’t know if it’s an expression back in England but here we say “once in a blue moon”. Indulging is fine if we only do it once in a while. We need times of celebration!

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 20 – USA – CD (917 cals)
    Day 21 – USA – CD (? cals)

@diana123, my hopes are that your MIL and family can cherish every moment you still have together, as we all need to with our families, healthy or not.

My last 2 days have been filled with long work hours, a pesky intestinal virus of some sort and the anticipation of a whole new line of work tomorrow. I am cautiously optimistic that all will go well in the “teething” phase, which may last a few months. Stay tuned!

Although I did not get to TDEE on Day 20 or probably Day 21, I don’t want to let myself slide and call them FDs, since 800 really is the limit. Once I start this new position tomorrow, I will hopefully be able to have more of a routine.

Day 21 Minnesota, USA FD
    Day 20 CD

8:35 pm my time. I’ve been doing better the last two days and feel like I’m regaining some control over my cravings. It’s a good feeling. Momentum is so important.
    Off to babysit right now while SIL goes to airport to collect my daughter from her short trip to visit friends in LA, California.

Tomorrow, I will hopefully catch up on all posts. I’ll be stuck in the house with tree cutters working all day out on the acreage. Never pleasant, really. I love trees, but we’ve had storm damage and some are just old and diseased. Still, I hate to see them go. Plenty left, thank goodness.

Best of luck to everyone!

Day 22 – Japan – WFD #75 in 2018

I’m not keeping up with this forum right now. I’m fighting a cold so am unsure if I’ll make it through the fast, but so far so good.

Day 21 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 18 FD (#20)
    Day 19 NFD
    Day 20 NFD

The end of last week saw me playing chess in the evenings and before I knew it, here we are at the start of a new week. The FD went very well and so did the NFD’s. I’ve kept with minimal added sugars now for two weeks, with the exception of Friday night. The local Mom & Pop soft serve ice cream place closed for the season and it is sort of a tradition to have one last item to mark the closing. The interesting thing is that while it was okay, it just didn’t taste that great and it didn’t set off massive sugar cravings as it would have a few weeks ago. Maybe this is another sign that 5:2 is working.

Hope your week is off to a fine beginning!

Day 22 – Mebourne AUS – FD

Hi all, hope you all had a great weekend!
    Have pretty bad ToM cramps today, so might allow myself an extra 100cal to have a snack before wedding dance lessons tonight (had our first lesson last week, was an absolute laugh!)

@at and @beedoo – thanks for the advice! Agree I probably need a good buffer (especially seeing as that I get the feeling that Byron Bay will be filled with lots of lovely food!) not to mention that I’m not a fasting fan when travelling, so it will allow for any trips. My original goal was 69kg, then 68kg, now I moved it to 67kg – so I’ll take on board your advice and try and stick between the 66-68 range, and see how I feel 🙂

@diana123 thoughts are with you at this difficult time x

Day 22 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @dykask

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK: FD
    Today I’m clambering back onto the wagon. Thanks @beedoo @at, @annemarilyn Back pain feels better after a night’s sleep but now for a day’s work, eh? PF, I can live with by now….yes, done the stretches, had the massages, re; ball-rolling the acupuncture….it will just go away eventually, I hope.

Day 22 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @ciren2

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Got a shock on the scales this morning. I saw a figure I have not seen since March! Yes I had a nice indulgent weekend but it was no way an EFS. Oh well.

I am kind of losing my mojo. In the past I would have knuckled down to pan LFD to start the week and then a B2B….(I followed 4:3 to lose my weight quicker) but now I feel I can’t be bothered. No, I am not giving up, but I think I will just stick to the basics, FD today and one on Thursday, and mindful NFD’s in between. If I can manage that, then I can feel proud that I am getting back to normal.

I did feel a bit manic yesterday, maybe its hormones? This pre-menopause is going on for ever, wish I could just get it over with

It’s a beautiful crisp frosty morning. I love Autumnal days like this.

@debster251 I grow my chillis in our glass covered patio. We have glass sliding doors so in the summer we can open them and let all the air in, but winter we close them and with a gas heater it’s so cosy. This is the first year I have successfully grown chillis. I had tried many times before but the Irish weather is not kind to them.

Day 22 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Ate far too many nuts over the weekend, had a dose of the munchies and ate more than usual, all good healthy food just too many calories….so need my Monday FD!!!

Holding tight to the wagon, @ciren2 are you comfortably seated for a good FD?

Day 22 London UK FD

Just out of a meeting and on way to office so a quick check in to log FD intention! 18 hours since last meal which I’m pleased with. Will be an hour or so before I have some miso. Will save omad for this evening. Might even make this a 500 cal day and do a 6:1 this week. We shall see!

@at thanks so much for links to Pilates and suggestion for private instruction. Hadn’t thought of that and a session could be a good way to get started. Will check out cost as classes alone are £15 per session in my part of London. Quite prohibitive for me to do weekly.
    Thanks also for the reminder of non scale victories!

@annemarilyn we too say “once in a blue moon”….although lately I’m taking it to mean once a week! Oops!

Day 22 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

indulged a bit over the weekend and so the scale is back up over 70kg for the first time since last week. Lets hope for a rapid easy off! Fiance still plateauing at 116kg.

Hoping to go to the gym today. Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Day 22 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @beedoo
    @moukinator

Day 22 NC USA FD

Tired today. Hope the FD goes well.

Day 22 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @beththenew

Day 22 – UK – FD

“I am capable. I am strong. If I believe in myself, I can turn my dreams into a plan, and my plan into my reality”

A beautiful sunny day if a bit cold 🌤 Out for wander this morning with OH then shared a pot of Earl Grey tea – he had a fruit scone (no butter/jam – he likes them just as they are!)

Back home for a bit before I go out to meet friends for a coffee followed by a Pilates class.

@annemarilyn – your weather sounds like ours today
    @metatauta – hope that intestinal virus clears up soon x
    @dykask – good to hear from you every now and then – hope work is not too busy!
    @gretta – you have got this
    @ciren2@missybear and I have got hold of you today – Together We Are Stronger!
    @daffodil2010 – absolutely right – stick to the basics – it works!
    @beedoo – very expensive pilates class compared to mine up here……..maybe worthwhile having 1 private lessons to teach you to do the basics properly
    @diana123 – hope MIL is peaceful 🤗

Joining Day 22 Pocket list for motivation and strength to see this FD through – I don’t have my usual yoga class this evening which normally helps, but as it’s halfterm my teacher is having time off with her gorgeous boy 🙏

Day 22 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @beththenew
    @at

DON’T EVER GIVE UP.
    Don’t let frustration knock you down.
    DON’T LET FEAR STAND IN YOUR WAY.
    Don’t let time get in your head.
    WHO CARES HOW LONG IT TAKES OR HOW MANY TIMES YOU TRY.
    Your only competition is yourself.
    WHEN YOU FINALLY SUCCEED, THE STRUGGLE WILL ALL BE WORTH IT.

Day 22 North Canton FD

Like @dykask I am not keeping up with the forum as much as I would like. I promise to do better in November. do we have a host yet?

I also got really wishy-washy with my diet choices and exercise routine. God willing I intend to do better starting now. I am recommitting to no added sugars and low carb diet as well as working out 5 days a week and taking 10,000 steps a day. My diet will be classic 5:2

I hate to make excuses but the onset of the cold weather completely threw me off my game. I have to account for that. I also need to catch up on posts, which I have not been doing. I believe an important part of being a member of this forum is the support we give to each other.

Stay strong and keep the faith

Day 22 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @beththenew
    @at
    @basyjames

Day 22, Emden Germany, NFD

Thank you all for your lovely posts reg. my friend. We had a really good time with our friends, talked a lot, walked a lot, bought a lot, ate a lot, drank a lot, had a lot of fun together and celebrated life. DH and I had a lovely quiet weekend together, just reading and enjoying being together. My friend had an appointment on Friday afternoon with the gynacologist/oncologist who is planned to do the operation and the after care. They set the date at 23rd of November. My MIL is glad to be back in the envirement she knows, sleeps a lot or watches TV without understanding much. She’s happy at the moment.

This month I just can’t keep up with the posts and today I just skimmed them, trying to catch up, apologize in advance for missing someone.

@bert1802 no, the niece’s wedding will be in Germany. I know you’ll look lovely in your new dress.

@chaphat welcome! I don’t weigh very often but go by how the clothes fit and the look in the mirror.

@metatauta nice to have you back with us!

@daffodil2010 I’m glad the foreign object could be removed, but what was it?

@beedoo just ignore the comments, the only important thing is that you feel well.

@gretta well done on the half marathon and now a wedding to come, how exiting.

@mia139 how lovely to have a new grandson, I’m glad it turned out fine.

@judyjudes my TDEE is ~1350 cal. My FDs were mostly ~500 cal, the weight got off very easy without being too strict.

@claire-suzanne the right job will come!

@ciren2 your job sounds really hard, I hope the back pain will be better soon.

@shinything nothing better than a whoosh now and then!

@fatfingers welcome to maintenance!

@cntryfolk welcome! Another hard-boiled egg fan here, soup is another good thing to eat on a FD.

@at also need a haircut, my DH cuts my hair as hairdressers always suggest things I don’t want. He knows what I want and it doesn’t take forever.

@redrockgirl have fun!

@diana123 thinking of you, your OH and your MIL. Take care!

@dingping sorry for not being there on Saturday, didn’t want to get the computer out. Will be there next Saturday as usual. xxx

@songbirdme loved the Scottish Granny, thanks for posting the link.

Wanted to fast today but DH left a piece of roastbeef in the fridge for me and the cat to share. I ate it with a Dutch bun and mayonaisse, so no FD today.

Have a nice day everyone!

USA Day 22 FD

Just checking in and joining the pocket list!@gretta
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @beththenew
    @at
    @basyjames
    @ccco

Hope I am able to keep my FD going as I feel like celebrating today! Just found out my daughter’s baby will be a grandson! We are all excited! 🙂 Have a great day, everyone!

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Leaving for my trip shortly. One more check in. Today’s weight is at the very low end of maintenance. Have now 5 pounds to play with and I know I need the wiggle room to accommodate the fabulous Austrian cuisine. Plan on following 16:8 on most days or at least 14:10. 😊😊😊

Thank you for the good travel wishes @beedoo, @at, @annemarilyn, @snowflake56. 😊⚘🌸🌼🌻

See you all in December! Take care!💐

Day 22, Gozo, Malta, mfd

Thanks Beedoo. The pregnancy of my daughter is going well. Due date 16 December.

Today I made chicken, pineapple, mango and lemon kebabs with couscous for lunch. For this evening I’m going to cook beef tereyaki.

We’re going to celebrate mass at the Eucharistic meeting this evening and then we’ll have an agape which means everyone brings food or drinks and we share and eat. So I might not have a mfd today but I’ll do so in the next three days.

@at thanks for the beautiful words of encouragement.

Onwards and downwards, keep on keeping on everyone.

@redrockgirl302: Austria? A beautiful country. I had a bit of a love affair with Austria in my teens and twenties. Went there many times. Loved the mountains of Tirol.
    Bright, crisp day here in Gloucestershire today. Work not too bad….usually Wednesdays and Thursdays are our heaviest days, mailwise.
    Just had a tin of soup today, so far…then I walked the dog in the park. However I’m likely to start eating soon….I can feel myself weakening. Twenty fours hours will be up by about 5pm. So, not long now.

Day 22 UK FD

Having good FD so far. Will have baked fish and veg for dinner. The end of the month beckons. Let’s all stay strong for a good finish!

Day 22 London UK FD

I picked up some soup on the way to work. I have to keep reminding myself that 800 calorie days are fine and also that I’m not trying to lose any more weight. Such an example of my dysfunctional relationship with food and diet…if it’s not difficult then I can’t be doing it right. Slowly slowly retraining myself. Lunch was 220 calories – a spiced sweet potato and cauliflower soup with coconut and mung beans. Have had a coffee, two teas and just about to have a camomile and honey herbal tea.

@basyjames and @dykask I’m another who has floundered on the posts this month although have improved the past few days. Feel like I’m getting back into the rhythm of being accountable. This place gives me the time and headspace to think about how and what I eat. I won’t be having another chocolate éclair any time soon because I know I would have to tell you all about it!! However when life gets busy it’s easy to let this forum slip, as well as food choices and exercise which is exactly what happened with me this month too. @basyjames I love your recommitment goals. You’ve inspired me!

My TDEE averages at 1550 cals which I find easy to meet if I am eating rubbish yet hard to meet if I am eating healthily. Which tells me just how unhealthy my diet was before starting this WOE. I would like to plan my meals ahead of time. Otherwise the easy option is to reach for bread/crisps/cheese. Like you I would also like to cut back on carbs of the white /processed variety and sugar. Found this online and posted back in August. I thought it was rather good:

Eat less CRAP

C –carbonated drinks
    R – refined sugar
    A – artificial sweeteners and colours
    P – processed foods

Eat more FOOD

F – fruit and vegetables
    O – organic proteins
    O – omega 3 fatty acids
    D – drink water

@moukinator Hope you managed to get to the gym. Just think of how good you’ll feel afterwards. I’m so good at giving advice, need to take it myself!

@snowflake56 Your time spent with your friends sounds so special and just as it should be – celebrating life. We could all do with practicing that more often so thank you for the reminder. I’m glad your MIL is comfortable. Your roast beef and mayo in a bun sounds delicious and worth skipping the FD for, especially when your lovely DH thoughtfully left it for you and the cat!

@ccco what exciting news! Congratulations! Now the tricky bit is stopping yourself buying lots and lots of baby boy items! Time sure does fly, I remember you announcing the pregnancy. When is your grandson(!) due?

@diana123 You and your family are in my thoughts. Sending love and peaceful wishes X

Day 22 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managing a pretty good CD today so far. Had Silver Sneakers this morning, light lunch, supper with Choral Society friends before handbell and choir rehearsals tonight. Plenty busy!

Hopefully I can catch up on posts tomorrow.
    Onward and downward.

Day 22, Guildford UK, MFD

Struggling with lots of things today. Sunshine will be restored tomorrow.

Mari

Day 22 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Hang in there @rainbowsmile. Sending some of my sunshine 🙂

Planning to make some chili for my one meal today.

Day 22 FD Pocket list:

@gretta
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @beththenew
    @at
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

Together we can do this!

USA Day 22 FD

Thank you, Beedoo! The time is flying and I will need some self-control!! LOL

Day 22 FD Montana

I am going to read more posts! It really gives me inspiration.
    @Beedo and @Debsrer251… I am hoping I get the hang of having an empty nest. The weather here has been beautiful, so I have done fun outdoor stuff after work.
    I had the best weekend with my daughter.
    I really am having an easy FD, who knows why. Last week I decided to keep it simple, jus eat 500 calories 2 times a week. I had been trying to do 1 meal or just liquids, and failing by dinner. This way I can have 3 small meals a day and don’t feel like I am starving. I lost 2 pounds last week doing this. I only have 5 more to go.
    I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

Day 22 FD Pocket list:

@gretta
    @dykask
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @beththenew
    @at
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

We have got this

Day 22 (late), UK, FD

Successful FD today, happy with that. I’m getting used to having around 800cal on FDs and it doesnt even feel like fasting, which is really great. Easy = sustainable 🙂

@redrockgirl302 I hope you have a fab trip ❤

@beedoo and anyone who is interested in starting pilates, I would recommend Mari Winsor pilates. She is really good and to the point, doing and not talking 🙂 . Also, a good beginners dvd would be any one by Lynne Robinson: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=lynne+robinson+pilates+dvd , she is also very good. I learned pilates from her dvd and Mari winsor videos, and always done it at home, no hassle 🙂

@dykask feel better soon :hug: , you are missed here, I always look forward to your informative, interesting posts 🙂

@ccco I can feel your excitment, wonderful news indeed 😀

@rainbowsmile I hope you get a lots of sunshine 🤗

Who is going to host November?

Have a great day everyone 🌷

Day 22 – USA – CD

Still playing with 4.6 more lbs. to go before the end of the month and determined to get there, even though I’ve only had 1 serious FD this month. I have had a few CDs and notice my appetite has changed; I barely have been making it to TDEE, but not at 800 or lower either. Go figure.

Day 23 – Japan – NFD

Still somewhat sick but I’m eating anyway! 😀

Day 23 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Managed a good FD in the end of 510 cal, despite not feeling great. Very hungry today, the day after my first FD of the week i seem to be ravenous.

Had a good session with the PT this morning, and just about to go for lunch (will focus on good fats and proteins to fill up to discourage looking around for chocolate later!!!)

Hope everyone is having a great day 🙂

Gretta

Day 22 Ohio, US — FD(#21)

Pretty good FD!
    So how am I doing on my monthly goals?

Being faithful to the 5:2 WOL — all fast days taken and completed.
    working toward an hour of physical activity a day — this was way down with no days meeting the minimum, much less one hour.
    working toward getting 8 hours of sleep a night — definite progress, although most nights only got between 7 and 7.5 hours of sleep at night.
    limiting screen time a little — this was a big plus; have cut my recreational screen time to less than 1/3 of what it was.
    eating only my TDEE on NFD’s — only one exception this week, so good.
    curtailing sweets/desserts — same as for the TDEE.

So it looks like this week was a mixed bag of results.

@dykask Hope you’re able to shake that cold!

@beedoo Great memory devices!

Day 23, Emden Germany, FD

back to fasting after a week of delicious food but too much sugar.

Pocket list day 23

@snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good FD yesterday at a just under 500 calories. I lost over 3 lbs in just one day, I really do live the “Easy Come, Easy Go” mantra 😳 So I am back to basics, don’t want my mojo slipping away, I am still at a healthy BMI though at least 7lbs more than I was before I went on hols and 13lbs away from ultimate goal. Sigh ☹️ My skirt feels a tad snug at the moment too but at least I can still wear it. Sigh ☹️

Today’s NFD will be a 16:8, I can happily go without food until lunchtime during the working week so I will continue with that. I have an egg sandwich on oat bran bread for lunch and maybe I might slip a low cal soup in as well. Really looking forward to dinner though. I made a chicken, white bean, broccoli and chilli casserole the other day. I made my own home made chilli sauce using loads of my homegrown chill is, some red peppers, garlic, lime juice, some oriental fish sauce, blended them all together then popped teaspoons into an ice cube tray and now I have lots of little chilli cubes to pop into soups and dishes going forward. DH had some last night and really enjoyed it, it’s super hot, so looking forward to it tonight.

@murph58 I am with you on the back to basics, just plain and simple 5:2 stops any feeling of deprivation

@cornish-jane and @debster251 I am still going on about that sit down/stand up test. I watched Angela Rippons BBC report on YouTube and tried it myself. I was shocked! While I can just about masked it to sit down, though with a jolt, I cannot stand up again unaided by knee or hand. I though I was relatively nimble and lithe 😨 Not a chance. So will definitely be working on that move every day

Day 23 Belfast FD

I didn’t fast yesterday, because YS has come home for a couple of days to share his wedding plans. Will have one meal tonight. However yesterday, the sugar dragon escaped big time and I’m struggling to get her back in her cage 🐉🗡😡
    @ciren2 – I admire your tenacity, carrying on through your pain. Stay strong my friend and climb back on that wagon. There are so many hands out to pull you up!
    @beedoo – ‘A little os what you fancy is good for you’, isn’t that what they say? For me, getting to maintenance is about living a normal life, and managing our weight en route, so well done on your self control. Thanks for the link. I’ll dive into that later. Oh, and I particularly like your ‘CRAP’ mnemonic!
    Have a great trip @Redrockgirl and see you in December.
    @at – I don’t do enough side planks for sure but do an exercise recommended by my Pilates instructor. The ‘little pooch’ (thank you @ flourbaby for that pertinent term!) is the problem for sure, not helped by my occasional forays with the sugar dragon.
    @matpi – well done on keeping that sugar intake low.
    @gretta – Byron Bay is a fabulous place. Enjoy your trip.
    @dykask – hope you feel better soon
    @daffodil2010 – hmm yes, that move! Like you I thought I had fairly strong legs. I can get down with a bit of a thump, but definitely can’t get up. My daily exercises are getting longer!
    Aiming for a sensible CD today and NO sugar!

I’m going to steal @at’s very motivational ending:
    DON’T EVER GIVE UP.
    Don’t let frustration knock you down.
    DON’T LET FEAR STAND IN YOUR WAY.
    Don’t let time get in your head.
    WHO CARES HOW LONG IT TAKES OR HOW MANY TIMES YOU TRY.
    Your only competition is yourself.
    WHEN YOU FINALLY SUCCEED, THE STRUGGLE WILL ALL BE WORTH IT.

Day 23, London, UK, FD

I’ve been MIA for a couple of days I think!! I’ll try to catch-up on posts today……………………. At work!!!

@debster251, I think MSM helps keep my skin plump and bright, I have some loose skin on my inner thighs and tummy of course, but I don’t think exercise will re-elasticate 20 years of abuse so I’m trying EVERYTHING and I think MSM (I use the powder in water with Vit C) & coconut oil are helping …………….. slowly!!! I might have to try a couple of WFD as per @rainbowsmile recommendation ………………………. I’m not sure why I’m fearful of WFDs, I’m not going to die of starvation!!!!

@dykask, good to hear from you, I hope the cold improves, even a little check-in here or there is good at keeping us on the wagon!!!!
    @daffodil2010, I had the same scale shock this morning, no way did I regain 4lbs over a very controlled weekend!!! There WAS pizza, but no cake, there WAS a burger, but no chips …………………… & there was ZERO wine, although I have been slacking on the water!!!! I think the end of my TOM has signalled something!!! Aiming for a whoosh this week ……………………… I’ve a dress to squeeze into on Saturday night!!!!!

Soups, bone broth, prawn salads and water, water, water planned for this week!!!!!

Stay strong everyone as we race towards November (What!!!???) just that little bit lighter, but lighter nonetheless!!!!

Day 23 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I don’t consciously count calories on NFDs but this week I will keep a mental note of intake to stay within TDEE as I’m eating out at the weekend and there will be a ‘treat’ pudding. Its the time of year when the cold weather and shorter days turn my mind towards warming comfort food…..so I need to be on guard.

Happy Tuesday all 🙂

2nd post

@daffodil2010 I’m living in the same way at the moment: “Easy Come, Easy Go”. This morning the scales said 60.4 kg so a lot of CDs and FDs to come! DH and I are busy going through the cookbooks, everything is mixed up and they seem to be everywhere in the house. The perfect thing to do when fasting.

@debster251 when will the wedding be?

Day 23, UK, NFD

Successful FD yesterday and no move on the scales, typical *rolls eyes*
    We carry on …..

@daffodil2010 I hope your mojo recovers, here is a huge virtual hug 🤗

Also, @daffodil2010 and @debster251 , and other who might have similar problem, its a very good exercise for strengthening legs and knees in particular, to do a posture from yoga called San Salutation B. It requires you to bend your knees at the beginning and at the end in a certain way which is excellent for knees. It sorts of oils them 😉 . Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Gb5cbD5sc
    If you don’t want to (or can’t do) San Salutation B, you can do San Salutation A (what you start exercise with) but just bend knees in the same way at the beginning and the end. I’ve had a very good results doing that 🙂

Have a great day everyone 😀

Day 23 Ireland FD

Meant to fast yesterday but it didnt happen so trying again today. Writing this so I will stick to it!!

3rd post

this is getting hard, finding lots of unknown cookbooks.

Pocket list day 23

@snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @yellowandblue

Day 23 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

My MIL passed away peacefully in our home Saturday at 9:25am. Viewing is Nov 1st and grave site services performed by my son in law Nov 2nd. Tomorrow I leave for my retreat https://kimbabcockonline.com/event/sedonas-ascension-retreat/ the timing couldn’t be anymore perfect.

Sometimes the strongest people in the morning are the people who cry all night.

Have a great Tuesday everyone looking forward to daily visits starting next week

USA Day 23 NFD

Diana123, so sorry to hear about your MIL. You are in my thoughts!

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Pretty good NFD yesterday. Was very busy and seemingly burned off all the calories I ingested! 🙂

@diana123 – so sorry about your MIL, but happy for you all that her passing was peaceful. May you also have peace in your weeks ahead.

@debster251 & @beedoo — you have great mnemonics and advice!

@murph58 – empty nest transitioning seems to be different for everyone. Hugs to you as you find your way along that journey. And congrats on keeping with 500 calories 2x a week. Again, our WOL is so adaptable to your own lifestyle. The beauty of 5:2 IMHO.

@matpi – I’m also trying to get more than 7 hours of sleep a night, and getting better. I found that a good ‘ol paperback novel for the last 15-30 minutes of bedside reading has made me much more restful than any screen time. (I LOVE my iPad… bigger than my phone for these old eyes, but not a healthy item last thing at night.)

Onward and downward.

Day 23 North Canton OH Healthy Eating day

@diana123 my condolences on your loss. Bless you for being there for your MIL in her time of need, I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers

@beedoo thanks for the mnemonic. Love it 🙂

@matpi nice goals, lets keep each other accountable!

@diana123 my condolences on your loss. Bless you for being there for your MIL in her time of need, I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers

I have been doing a lot of baking lately; sugar free low carb treats and I finally invested in a kitchen aid mixer. I used it for the first time last night to bake some low carb raspberry swirl cream cheese cookies. They tasted amazing :) I see even more baking in my future.

Do we have a host for Sweet November? if we don’t, I will be happy to guide us through the beginning of the treacherous holiday season

Blessings to you all, stay strong – we’ve got this!

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.