OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,059 total)

• Day 19, Finland, NFD

For a while I have been jogging next to the wagon, keeping it within arms reach, but not quite being able to complete a FD and jump up onto the wagon. This last couple of weeks I have watched as old habits have crept back in and the wagon has slipped away. After seeing my months target, I managed to self sabotage in a major way. Donuts, pasta, cake…and hardly a vegetable in sight. Who knew it was not only possible, but so easy to put on 2kg in one week!!!??? This week my gut has rebelled..out of nowhere came stomach cramps and the runs, and only this has made me pause and think about what I am doing to myself. I have pushed the reset button….yet again. I read all of your posts, and realize how much I have wasted this year…I am slower than a tortoise with my weight loss! I think I could start a Sloth Club!! While I am tempted to throw in the towel for the year, I don’t want to put on my 5kg I have lost, because I do feel better for it.
    A park run has started in Helsinki, and I went to my first one last week, and hope to make it a regular event, to the point where I am planning my shifts at work around attending! That should make it a bit easier to catch you guys on the wagon.
    So, keep an eye out for me, I will soon be ready to jump back onto the wagon, just have to run a bit harder to catch it ;-).

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @kerryn73: same here Kerryn, same here…
    I just like my food too much and use eating to fill all sorts of needs other than hunger. What can we do…??
    It’s my day off work today, Off to our rental flat in Southampton to tidy the communal garden, which no-one else does!!
    We have got the flat on the market as the 160-mile round trip, with the mower on a trailer, is getting to my husband after nine years of it. However, cheaper and better, we’ve found, than hiring a regular gardener…..would you believe it?
    See you later.

Day 19, Cornwall UK, NFD

Weekly weigh-in and 1.0kg down this week to 72.1kg. I was up last week so this is a relief. I can’t see I did anything different in particular this week, so for those of you sitting on a plateau, just keep going and things will eventually move – thats what I tell myself because what else will I do, and it does work out with time.

Just 0.6kg to go to healthy BMI of 25. Its difficult getting the last kgs off. Hope to do it this month – thats what I said last month!

My OH tried a bit of sabotage yesterday – we went out for a coffee on a fast day and he came back with a bag of my favourite crisps. When I refused to have any he asked me to put them in my bag! And I refused. I was mad at him – I’m not even sure he knew what he was doing, although he does know crisps are my most favourite binge food and I try and avoid them completely. He’s normally very supportive so not sure what happened there!

@ciren2 – a binge now and then is perfectly normal and is your body fighting back! If you can keep going and contain it to only every-now-and-then, then you are winning. I think we are programmed to eat well when food is plentiful, and this is probably one of the reasons why your ancestors survived and you are here today! Maybe only keep healthy food in the house and avoid eating out for a while and your brain will think the feast is over and won’t keep asking you to eat more!

@daffodil2010 – glad to hear your husband’s ear is fixed – must have been very painful – let us know what the object was! Your yoga sounds good – is it helping resolve your knee pain/getting up off the floor issues? My yoga teacher has taught us how to get up off the floor with no hands or knees. by rocking back and forth on the floor on your back and then spring up as you rock forward. And it works! So after 15 months of yoga (and a lot of weight loss) I am now 10/10 on the ‘Get down/get up from the floor’ measure. 5 points for getting down with no hands and knees and 5 points for getting up with no hands and knees. Lose a point every time you use a hand or knee to help. 9 or 10/10 has a big affect on your life expectancy! Can’t remember now the effect – so I’m going to look it up.

ODay 19 Belfast NFD

I’m feeling confident today after a successful fast day yesterday. I’m still a pound above my top of the range weight, but will zap that soon hopefully. I need to rethink my routine because I’d really like to be at the lower end rather than the top. And of course zap that HP moustache!

@murph58 – an empty next is a huge change to deal with. That said, now your children have gone, there is something nice about the orderliness that results once you’ve come to terms with the loss of their noise and mess. When they return for a visit, enjoy their fun and laughter and then settle comfortably into normality when they’re gone!
    @ciren2 – hold on tight! We’ve got ya!
    @shinything -yay for that whoosh!
    @matatauta – fingers crossed for that ideal position!
    @rainbowsmile – my problem exactly! I now feel I look a bit like Billy Dainty! Am working on those planks but that sugar monster still lurks! Stay strong my friend. We can do this!
    @northerndawn – your park sounds idyllic. Don’t worry too much about the pause in weight loss. 10 lbs is a fantastic achievement and hopefully you’ll top it up with another couple before the end of the month.
    @gretta – I’m sure you’re excited and it seems you’ve got a great plan!
    @daffodil2010 – I’m sure OH is so relieved. Hopefully it’ll heal thoroughly now. Enjoy your night out with OH.

For all those moments when you’re tempted to step off the straight and narrow. Remember: the anticipation is often much more delightful than the real thing.

Day 19, London, UK, NFD,

Feeling lighter today having dropped 2lbs this week, my clothes are certainly looser!! @mia139, I’m with you on the effects of Sober for October, fasting seems so much more effective without booze on NFDs, the scales haven’t been as bouncy-bouncy as usual!!

@daffodil2010, glad your OH has been restored to normal, I’m waiting with baited breath to know what the ‘foreign object’ was!!!!

Off to Pilates soon, I’ll keep today OMAD and that should keep this 1st of 4 NFDs on track!!

“Dare to keep moving when it is a must and dare to keep waiting when you have to, but note, you shall always keep waiting if you keep waiting and you shall always keep moving when you keep moving!”
    ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

Day 19, Surrey (UK), NFD

Well, friends, after yesterday’s FD, did I reach my 150lb target?

This time……yes, I’m pleased to say. 149.4lb. I even have the photo of my feet on the scales to prove it!

Vital statistics: BMI 23.0. WHR 0.44. Measurements: Bust 37″. Waist 29.5″. Hips 39.5″. Neck 14″. Thighs 22″. Knees 15.5″. (Note chunky knees bigger than stringy neck!) I have a bit of crepey skin in places, but I think of that as like a battle scar. It shows I’ve fought and I’ve won! I’m content with that outcome.

Time to switch to maintenance mode. Going to try 11:3 (fasting 3 days per fortnight, alternating 5:2 and 6:1) as a regime. Will it work? Who knows? Now, methinks, the hard work really begins…

Second post:

@kerryn 73- Don’t give up. We’ve all been in that situation and sometimes out head gets out of kilter with our willpower. Don’t look back and beat yourself up about what might have happened. Take a day at a time, coast if you need to and climb back on that wagon when you’re ready. We’re holding you tight.
    @ciren2 – that’s a long round trip to do chores. Hopefully you’ll be able to sell the flat soon.
    @CornishJane – I’m off to practise that move! I saw that measure with Angela Rippon as a measure of your longevity. I must add that to my daily exercises.
    @flourbaby 👍
    @fatfingers – woo hoo! 🥇💥🍾💥

Onwards and downwards

Day 19 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Monday and Thursday FDs done so I’m looking forward to relaxing a little over the weekend.

@fatfingers congratulations and welcome to maintenance…….enjoy experimenting to find your own best forever plan and don’t panic when weight fluctuates. To hold steady I need to continue 5:2 but I’m doing 800 calories FDs so its easier.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone 🤗

Day 19 – Michigan – NFD

Had a decent FD yesterday. Got some funny looks on campus when I was eating bell peppers and a clementine out of a large ziploc while walking to an exam. 😂 Now to try and cram for my giant quiz today and then finally relax for a minute as it’s finally Friday.

@matpi – “attitudinal readjustment donuts” made me laugh! Perfect descriptor. Can definitely relate.

Day 19– Colorado USA- FD

Back from Florida vacation. It was DH’s birthday & his wish was to go to Universal Studios Orlando to attend Halloween Horror Nights. What fun!!
    Such scares & startles & special effects! Simply amazing the effort put into those haunted houses & the scare zones. The creepiest for me was walking thru the area patrolled by the Killer Klowns. 🤡👻😦

Sober In October Crew….. Confession time: I had 2 glasses red wine 🍷🍷 to celebrate with DH during birthday dinner. I’m a cheap date now…..could not finish the 2nd glass. Whoo! I have NO tolerance left.

So that’s my only alcohol for all of October….and I’m pleased with that. I’ve broken the habit of hearing DH open the wine at home & pour a glass & running to the kitchen to join him. I also no longer feel silly ordering just a tall glass of water or plain, unsweetened tea at restaurants.

My weight def went up (so much traveling this month has been challenging!) But after buckling down these last 3 days at work, I whooshed off 2 lbs down to 150.8.
    Would love to end October where @fatfingers is now (Congrats on hitting maintenance mode!) Want to firmly plant myself into the 140’s and STOP bouncing back up into the 150’s

Exercise-wise…..on vacation, MILES of walking & stair climbing (DH & I skip the elevator or escalator whenever possible & walk the stairs.). While at home, I’ve consistently lifted weights doing my “100 Moves” at least 4 x per week. Able to move heavier weights already. So I chalk that up as success!

Missed you guys!! I’m behind on 6 pages of the thread….doubt I’ll be able to go back, but look forward to picking up & carrying on with my Fellow Fasters!

Day 19 – UK – ?CD

Yesterday’s CD ended up being a FD as the afternoon tea was all the food that was consumed not so healthy but kept me just under 800cals – I ate the savoury bites and the cake bites (they were so yummy 😋) and drank copious cups of tea but took home the 2 scones for OH not so healthy but kept me just under 800cals. Lots of chat and laughter and lovely catching up with 4 good friends.

A lovely walk this morning with my walking group – rather chilly but dry and the sun was trying hard to come out to say hello.

Weight this morning after yesterday’s unintentional FD was 53.7kg but have not broken my fast as yet today – will probably now wait until this evening as a busy afternoon ahead – will need a quick shower then off to have my hair cut and coloured. I also have to bake a couple of cakes for tomorrow (helping at another fell race) and then cook dinner for OH and I…….

@ciren2 – I’m going to keep holding my hand out until you can grasp it 🤝
    @mia139 – well one on the weight loss and great to hear that your grandson is now thriving after a difficult start 👶
    @shinything – you and are are doing a similar path – same weight more or less this morning
    @metatauta – well done on that first FD for October and on getting that position sorted out – will be wonderful to have a routine sorted out
    @rainbowsmile and @debster251 – keep plugging away and I’m sure that HP moustache will resolve – I can’t remember but have either of you considered doing pilates for your tummy area??
    @lilymartin 🤗
    @northerndawn – what a lovely sounding family afternoon!
    @gretta – congratulations on getting to a weight you feel happy at and for your impending wedding – I would advice that you continue with your fasting regime so you build in some wriggle room until the wedding and if you lose a bit more it allows you to feel more relaxed and enjoy all the celebrations and your week of some R&R in Byron Bay afterwards – personally I have found a 2kg wriggle room works well
    @daffodil2010 – great news for your OH – will be fascinated to hear what was in his ear when you find out. Have a fab dinner tonight with him.
    @kerryn73 – you can do it – the wagon is starting to slow down a bit to allow you and @ciren2 to catch up very soon……….
    @fatfingers – congratulations on hitting that 149.4 well below that long unattainable 150kg 👍 Welcome to maintenance
    @happymargo – welcome back – sounds like you had a wonderful time

Right must go and get organised to head out for my hair cut – well done to all those who are getting rid of those unwanted lbs/kg – strength and motivation to those who are struggling 🤗

“Your body can do anything. It’s your mind that needs convincing” ~Unknown

Day 19 NC USA FD B2B 2of2

Day 19 Pocket List – Let’s do this!

@dykask WFD
    @beedoo
    @beththenew B2B 2of2

Day 19 USA (Illinois) CD

Really must be controlled today. “Maintenance” has crept up to 165# which is really 5# more than I want to maintain. Looks like I will be back on 5:2 for a while. Ugh. That ought to teach me that I really can’t indulge at all on NFD’s. For me 160# is right at BMI 25, so truly where I want to be.

Ditto on the ‘foreign object’ report, @daffodil2010 – and @fatfingers, congratulations on your maintenance! I love the image of “battle scar” of “crepey skin!”

@happymargo – that Florida vacay sounds marvelous! Yeah for you!

@at – enjoy your haircut!

Onward and downward.

Day 19 UK FD

Hello! Popping in post-conference weekend, having read posts for the past few days, thinking of you all in your ups and downs but largely non-verbal.

In getting ready and through last weekend I pushed so far past what my body & mind were able to do that I couldn’t find my way back again. I got myself to the point of exhausted buzziness, now coming back to life after struggling to get my feet on the ground. This week’s been not really resting and not doing anything either – generally anxious, tired and frustrated, but with at least the glimmerings of a little perspective and awareness. Mind & body were craving food after last week’s long days and short meals – So far this week I’ve had a day of sugar, a day of nuts, a day of carbs and a day of cheese! Feeling a bit pudgier than previously but somehow still 145lbs today – PlateauxRUs 🙂

Getting my head back into the zone all round, beginning with food.I’ve been doing a little gentle planning and preparation to get myself to a better place bc otherwise I’ll just sit and look at it and wonder why I’m struggling to start. Baby steps! Today is a reset FD, and I’m going to drink more water/peppermint tea and have a OMAD evening meal.

Switching myself from summer salads to some cold weather food, so this week’s shopping was all about the fruit & veg, plus tofu, nuts, eggs and cheddar cheese. Made a huge pot of spicy vegetable stew yesterday which can be topped up with green veg and protein and the odd spoonful of rice, and there’s a pot of carrot & ginger soup bubbling away behind me now. I’ve got monthly community gathering tomorrow so I’m making a sweet potato and raisin bread to take with me, a gluten-free, high protein and low carb/sugar offering to add to the mix. Ingredients laid out and I’ll put it together while catching up with GBF on the phone later.

My routines are shot so I’m having to reteach myself gentle things – shorter periods of adapted yoga & meditation, getting clothes laid out the day before, writing lists of things rather than expecting myself to jump straight in. I would love to be able to do more and better but I’m doing the best I can, and that’s good enough. Feeling snappy and tired benefits no-one so keeping myself to myself for a day or two, except for GBF catch up later. Juggling so much and if i don’t find a way to be in it I’ll be subsumed.

Learning that if I can practice self-compassion from the depths of this fatigue, I’ll be so much more comfortable and able to offer understanding and acceptance to others. Rather than heroics, it all begins with going inwards, good self care and baby steps – who knew?!

Sending love to all who are struggling, congratulations to all who are thriving, wishing you all rest and peace this weekend xx

USA Day 19 FD

Gretta, congratulations! I have no doubt you will be a beautiful bride! 🙂

Just checking in for accountability! Have a great day, everyone!

It’s been a beautiful, sunny day here in Gloucestershire today, my day off….hopefully it will be the same tomorrow when I’m out delivering the mail. Just walked the dog and riled up my plantar fasciitis. Hopefully temporarily.

USA – I’m on my 4th week of daily FD. Only 500 calories a day- or less. I have close to 100 lbs to lose and after 30 years of jumping from diet to diet I am committed to making this work. Anyway, I’m 22 lbs lighter than I was 4 weeks ago. The only issue I came up with is that when I’m at work (Mon through Fri) by 10:30 all I could think of was food. I have fixed that by having a hard-boiled egg. That holds me until dinner time. I just found this site and after seeing that not everyone is from the UK!! I decided to jump aboard.

Day 19 – USA – NFD

@cntryfolk, welcome! Congratulations on your dispatch of 22 lbs. If you read Dr. M’s book, this way of life is sustainable by doing 2 FDs a week (hence, 5:2). Your commitment is so commendable, but I fear, as a fellow 5:2’er, that it may not be sustainable in the long haul. That’s why we don’t call it a diet; it’s a way of life. You are correct in observing that protein does soothe the savage beast, but read over the basics of 5:2 and you may be surprised at what you can eat on fast days and non-fast days. I suggest you also follow a low-carb, healthy fat, moderate protein regimen which will easily melt all those pesky pounds and make you feel satiated at the same time.

@daffodil2010, so glad to hear your husband’s crisis is almost over. Hope that infection clears up soon and amazing that he was able to celebrate his birthday anyway! @fatfingers, congratulations on maintenance; our statistics are very close as far as weight and measurements. I am hoping to reach my goal (again) soon. You may be right to say the real battle begins in maintenance!

@songbirdme, I’m confident with your self-discipline and regularity of routine, you will drop those 5 lbs. very soon! @CornishJane, I shudder to even try to lift myself off the floor with no hands or knees even after an almost 40 lbs. loss. I admire your agility! @happymargo, welcome back! Happy birthday to DH and so proud of your Sober October effort and recent whoosh!

Day 19, UK, FD

You guys are keeping me sane! ❤ Its been really hectic at work and outside work, hardly have time to breathe.
    Looking forward to the next week, which should be calmer 🙂

Stay the course everyone 💪

Day 19 London UK FD

Second post

Ah Friday night! Toddler is asleep, husband is out tonight so I have the place to myself (so rock and roll 😂). Uh oh! Means my one track mind is in the kitchen cupboards and fridge. What to do with myself?! I ate late afternoon so am not hungry and if I eat anything else my FD will be no more. So here I am on the forum to keep myself busy, thank goodness for this place! Since reaching maintenance mode I’m finding that some days this WOE is easy and other days it’s really tough. I know what I need to do and think I’ve figured out what works for me but…the reward of seeing change when you’re losing weight is a great motivator, whereas now without that I’m sometimes finding it hard to stick to my own rules.

@kerryn73 Reaching out to grab your hand and pull you back onto the wagon! Don’t think about throwing the towel in for the year. We still have a whole two and a half months to go! You could lose some weight or simply maintain where you are at – we’ve got your back here! Well done on the park run – I’ve always aspired to be a runner and loved the bits I’ve done but a dodgy knee means walking is now my thing. I miss that feeling of freedom you get when out on a run. Keep it up!

@ciren2 That’s a long way to go for gardening. The joys of communal areas! Hope the chores aren’t too taxing on your feet/back etc. And that you get to rest too.

@cornish-jane congrats on the 1kg loss. So close to your BMI target now! The last bit is always the hardest isn’t it? So frustrating but equally so very satisfying when you do make it there! Speaking of saboteurs – my husband came home with chocolate for me last week. He knows better! I didn’t know whether to kiss him or throw it at his head…so I ate it all instead 😂 what’s a girl to do, right?! As you said a binge every now and then is okay. Thankfully no other sweet treats in the house otherwise it would have continued!

@debster251 tomorrow morning I’m hoping to feel like you did today after a successful FD!

@fatfingers Congrats on reaching maintenance mode and welcome! So pleased for you! 🎉🎉 I’ll be following your progress with interest and cheering you on. I like your 3 days per fortnight idea. Will you stick with 500 or 800 calories on those days? I’m two and a half months into maintaining and as I’ve mentioned in recent posts I’m still finding my way. There’s a lot of flexibility which I’m tempted to take advantage of far too often!! I’m no expert but I am glad to say that I’ve found any indulgences are easy to rectify if followed up quickly with a fast day.

@happymargo your vacation sounds like so much fun (and also terrifying but then I’m a wimp!). Also wanted to say that just two glasses of wine in 19 days is pretty amazing!

@at you mentioned Pilates for tummy area…is this a thing? It’s my problem zone so will be looking into this!

@gretta 4 weeks to go, I’m so excited for you! Byron Bay…so beautiful and so much fun. 10 years since I was there…as a much younger and slimmer version of me! How wonderful to be at a happy weight. I agree with AT on the 2kg wiggle room, in fact I think I decided on applying it to myself after reading one of AT’s posts – she’s very wise!

@songbirdme I hope you managed a controlled day. Does wonders for the old self confidence. I’m *almost* at the end of a successful FD!

@michelinme I love your detailed post. Thank you for sharing this as it felt personal and some of what you said resonates so much that I’ve copied and pasted into my notes so that I can read again. Especially the parts about reteaching yourself gentle things and also about self-compassion. Thank you again x

@cntryfolk welcome to the forum and congrats on losing so much. Would agree with the advice about reading the book – it’s a great read and you’ll see why metatauta’s advise makes sense.

@metatauta I hope all gets approved and sorted soon with your new position so you can get back into a routine. Also, back to a few posts ago re moving away from toxic family members, you are definitely right to feel happy about that. It broke my heart but was good and right for my soul. Self care is everything X

Right, you’ve all kept me busy and away from the kitchen for two hours since I started writing this post so thank you! Did you know you’ve even been in the bath with me?! 😳 Signing off and getting ready for bed now. Successful FD done! Phew!

@beedoo
    So glad that the reading the posts kept you out of the kitchen and temptation – I often read the posts on FDs when I’m struggling too – so helpful!
    Thank you for your kind words but not sure how wise I am but I can tell you that advice and support from these challenges got me to maintenance in Dec 16 and kept me there since and I do know that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

I’m off to bed too having managed a very CD so feeling thankful for this WOL 🙏

Day 19 (my Day 5, NFD)

I’m so sorry but not been able to read today’s posts yet (will do after my evening bath).

Yesterday was a FD. I did really well right up to about 20:45 then had some natural yoghurt with cream 😮.

I was still well below my TDEE but over my ‘fast’ allowance. I didn’t panic over that, although I still wish I’d not had it. But sometimes when the munchies strike you just have to roll with it.

Ate below my TDEE today too, so that might make up for yesterday’s indiscretion.

Hopefully get a good nights sleep tonight which always enables me to make better food choices. Nighty night all, sleep tight.

@metatauta and @beedoo — doing very well on what is ending up to be a FD today.

Thank you both for your words of support and strength!

Day 19 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Trying to keep a shorter eating window on this NFD so will go have a salad tailored after one of Anna6’s ideas – chicken, avocado, strawberries, spinach…
    I enjoyed a card making class this morning, picking up a friend on the way. The two of us used to live where the class is but both had moved. Anyway, now that I’m at least partly retired, I went to the class because I can. I kind of like that.

@fatfingers – woo-hoo for making it into maintenance! I love it that others who are in maintenance stay with this forum. They go before us giving us hope!

@daffodil2010 – so glad your hubby’s object was taken out. I too am waiting to hear what it actually was.

Enjoy the weekend forum friends!

Day 19 Minnesota, USA NFD

8:50 pm: I am well over TDEE today, and looking back at my FitBit app, I have an average daily intake that is over TDEE for all of this week. Boo!!
    Starting tomorrow, a big reset. Aiming for 3 FDs this week and 3 CDs. Hoping if I catch my bad habits soon enough the overindulgence won’t show up on the scale as weight gain.
    It’s been mostly cold this past week and I have wimped out with my daily walks. So, I’m going to the gym this next week when it’s too cold for me outside. That will be a new habit! It really helps decrease my appetite to simply walk. And it won’t hurt me a bit to start using some of the equipment to possibly firm up some of this wiggly skin that is the result of weight loss.

Also, “No Wine Until Weekend!!!!”

I’ve finally caught up with posts but don’t have time to respond to everyone. Wonderful posts, though. They are truly what inspires me to stay with the plan and not give up when I sabotage myself.

Thank you @debster, for the encouragement! @at, you are indeed very wise and so inspirational.

Best of luck to everyone and enjoy the weekend.

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Yesterday was also a NFD. Very busy preparing for my trip to Austria.

Have a good weekend everyone! 🌸⚘🍀

Day 20, Cornwall UK, NFD

Cooking for friends tonight and going healthy! No snacks, plenty of veg. Hope they don’t feel deprived.

I decided to try growing some of my pomegranate seeds into plants today. People don’t grow them much in the UK but here in Cornwall they might do OK. My favourite fruit at the mo.

@cntryfolk – welcome – you’ve done so well already! I started last year with 90 lbs to lose and just 15 lbs to go so this works! Never give up…

@fatfingers – big congrats on reaching your target. Stay with us for maintenance so we can learn from a pro!

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Saturday and time for the garden. Lots to do. Will try to be mindful!

@cornish-jane will try that move. I know my yoga teacher does ask us to rock back and forth before sitting up…but springing up….hmmm, I sure do want my knees to be better so will try it.

It will be a while before we know what the foreign body was in my husbands ear but I will definitely report. He is so much chirpier today.

Have a great Saturday

Day 20 Belfast NFD
    It’s hard to believe we are in the last third of the month. Let’s reinforce that willpower for a final push towards the end of the month. Personally, now those of us in the northern hemisphere are coming into the colder days, I’m struggling with my diet. Having grown my own salad and veggies over the summer and eaten my fill, I’m struggling to change to something healthy. I’ve made some soups for the freezer but those carbs, aka comfort food, look very appealing!

@happymargo – welcome back from your holidays. Sounds like you had a great time! I would have loved the special effects but don’t like to be scared. No Adrenalin junkie, me! You’ll be back on track in no time.
    @at – am planking daily and doing the Pilates 100 a couple of times a week. I think my problem is this: as my weight got less, the weight from my stomach shrank from the top down. Now I’m left with a small roll that is hard to shift. I don’t really want to lose any more weight because it seems to come off everywhere else! Sorry for TMI!
    @songbirdme – that’s so annoying. You’ll despatch those few unwanted pounds in no time I’m sure.
    @michelinme – I know you are such a busy lady, but be careful not to overdo it. Your health is all important. Take care of yourself.
    @cntryfolk – welcome to this truly international group of friends who are very supportive. It sounds like you’ve made a cracking start. Good to have you aboard.
    @annemarilyn – isn’t ‘because I can’ or perhaps ‘because I don’t have to’ just the epitome of retirement!
    @cornish-jane I love pomegranate seeds on the top of salad. Jamie Oliver has a great recipe for steak and a rice salad with fresh herbs and pomegranate. Yum!

Speaking of October on the wane, is there anyone out there to take over the reins in November? I can thoroughly recommend it!

I can and I will!

Day 20 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Just a quick pop in. My MIL is in her final hours here on earth. She is resting peacefully. Manage to stay in maintenance thru this ordeal. Leaving for my trip to Sedona AZ next Wednesday.

I can’t wait to get back in the swing of things again, I truly miss my daily check ins here.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Day 20 FD
    Day 19 EFS

Ate loads of cheap crap food yesterday and made a cake which has virtually been demolished by me, well done me!
    All a result of stress. Going to try and keep my stress in check today and maybe an FD will happen, maybe!

Lost track of posts but in my struggle to keep on track today I’ll delve in to catch up and keep me strong.

@snowflake56 – hope you’ve had a lovely time with your friend and hope all are coping after the distress with your MIL situation. Take care x

Shocking we are at the tail end of October, I say it every month but where did that go. Life does seem to be speeding up!

Have a great w’end everyone

Ta x

Day 29
    2nd post
    @diana123 – thoughts of peace and love for your MIL. Take care

@diana123 you, your family and your MIL are in my thoughts. Xo

Day 20, London, UK, NFD,

I’ll be controlled today even though it’s a ‘planned’ treat day involving carbs!! Funnily enough I’ve been researching reducing stress (meditation & EFT – Tapping) in order to lose weight, it may be working, I’m feeling a bit differently towards food choices. It’s early days and it could just be down to the loss of appetite during TOM!!! I’ll report back once the results are in.

@happymargo, I’m guessing you didn’t struggle with saying “grapefruit” this time round!!! (that still tickles me!!) It really does make a difference to my challenge success if it’s a ‘Dry’ month………………. I really must try to remember the feeling!!! I’ll be having a glass of wine next Saturday as it’s an anniversary party at work, but since I’m driving, 1 glass will do, followed by tonic water to keep the other guests off of my back!!!!

@debster251, I can’t believe how this month is flying either!! Regarding stomach shrinking, I’m doing everything in my power to get rid of that ‘little pooch’ I hate, hate, hate having to tuck it into my knickers, but I know it’s becoming floppier because the fat is going and the empty fat cells make it unsightly ………………………. But, only time, reverse crunches, MSM, coconut oil and super moisturising will tighten the skin …………………… and patience of course!!!!

@diana123, thinking & praying for you, your OH and family at this difficult time xxxx

Happy weekend fasting folks!!!

@flourbaby – I haven’t come across MSM. I see it’s tablets and cream. I’ve stopped using glucosamine and oil tablets because I don’t feel they work, although I work hard at eating g 2/3 portions of oily fish per day. Would you recommend it?

Day 20, Guildford UK, MFD

Still MFD slowly slowly. I think I might have lost a little on my rib cage. Second boob area is less boobie!

Still no tummy shrinkage though, moustache tummy is still moustaching. @flourbaby with you on this one, I am hoping WFD will help as it did with my excess skin on my arms and legs.

Frustrating me still.

@debster251 please be careful with 2-3 portions of fish a day. (Or do you mean a week?). There is some heavy metal toxicity.

@diana123 you are still in my votive every day for peace for MIL and your family.

Mari

Day 20 USA (Illinois) DAFD – NFD

My CD of yesterday ended up being 710 calories, so I am calling it a FD. Scale back to 164# this morning, so just need to keep controlled today.

@rainbowsmile – the extra skin, especially in the tummy area, has been the side effect of my 30+ pound weight loss. At my age (70)it doesn’t seem to shrink at all. I hope your WFD works for you!

Onward and downward.

Oh delight — we Americans don’t use this lingo or accent, maybe that’s what makes it especially funny. In case you’re feeling like your bum isn’t right:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQoYjU2Fh0M

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.
    Well, I do intend to get back on that wagon next week, so @at and all you others….look out for me on MONDAY!
    @beedoo:
    I understand exactly what you mean about it being harder once you reach maintenance. Constant vigilance is the key. However I have NO room to advise as I got de-motivated once the weekly drop on the scales was over and PUT IT ALL BACK ON.
    So, instead, listen to people like @at. She’s successfully maintained for nearly TWO YEARS and really knows how to do it.
    Good luck.

Day 20 London UK NFD

I’m having a planned treat evening today. Seems a bit counter productive after a good fast day yesterday but decided on a cosy night in front of tv with (a hungover 🙄🙄) husband. As I don’t drink much anymore and therefore don’t suffer bad hangovers (just not worth it with a toddler who is a whirlwind of activity), I have no patience for other people’s hangovers these days! Am going to have a tonne of creamy buttery mash potato amongst other things as I’ve been craving it all day! Also picked up some coleslaw which is another guilty pleasure! But I wont feel guilty and will do FDs tomorrow and Monday.

@ciren2 you’re right about the constant vigilance. I weigh in everyday to keep myself in check. Strangely I’ve gone a kg below lower maintenance range. So I went to the fancy weighing machine at Boots to check my scales weren’t off and it confirmed a new low. It also confirmed my height as half an inch shorter than I used to be 😭. So at 5ft 2 and a half inches and 48kg, my BMI is 19. Happy with that. Must note that this was this morning after a FD. I don’t want to lose anymore but am adjusting my maintenance range to 48kg to 50kg as I’ve been hovering around there for sometime. Just need to get back to working on the tummy and am reading the posts above with keen interest! I’m weighing in everyday because I know this is when things can go wrong. I lost weight previously on the Dukan diet but put it back on once I reached maintenance. Lesson learned: cutting out an entire food group is not sustainable!

Husband has taken toddler to the playground. I’m going to have a quick whizz around the place to tidy up before they comeback for little ones bedtime and then an evening with my feet up. Can’t wait!

@diana123 My heart goes out to you. I am sending you positive energy, peace and love and hope things are as well as they can be for you, your dear husband, MIL and family. I hope you are finding strength in each other. Take care X

Day 20, Gozo, Malta, cd

Yesterday I didn’t post as I got home late from a bbq in aid of the orphan children of Philippine. My OH s cousin has a daughter that goes there to help them and she organized this bbq.

Today my OH had some left over chicken stir fry I made yesterday and I cooked bbq spare ribs for my son. I couldn’t resist a piece of pizza I bought for my granddaughters. I also ate a piece of puff pastry with sugar and cinnamon which I had extra after preparing individual beef Wellington to cook tomorrow for lunch.

I also prepared carrot soup for first course tomorrow. For dessert I bought two kinds of sweets. I’ll just have to prepare parsnips, sweet potatoes and onions to roast them with the beef Wellington tomorrow.

Beedoo I’m constantly searching for recipes to please my family especially my pregnant daughter who will have her baby mid December.

Daffodil2010 just be determined to stick to a couple of fd per week or try three mfd instead. Thats what I do. And keep on keeping on.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 20– Colorado USA — NFD

Oh I love the weekends….I get to eat breakfast on Saturday & Sunday.

The rest of the week I skip breakfast in order to do 17:7 Monday thru Friday (that’s 17 hour Fast, with 7 hour eating window.) Usually just eat lunch & dinner. On my 2 FD, I also cut out lunch & keep dinner calories under 800. Sure makes breakfast feel special !!

After Friday’s FD, I stepped onto the scale (as I do every morning, directly after “emptying my tanks.”) …….Lo and behold, I’ve nudged down into the 140’s at 149.8. Ha!

I tend to sneak into that range & then bounce back up into 150’s again……Goal for October? Reach below 149 …..and don’t rebound again!

Ultimate Goal Weight: solidly stay in the 130’s (136 to 138 lbs.)

@flourbaby – Wow! What a memory you have! I’d forgotten all about my “grapefruit” tongue-twister debacle. Funny stuff!

@songbirdme — thanks for posting that video “I need a new bum.” I was cry-laughing & needed a Kleenex right along with that Scottish granny. 😂

Day 20, UK, NFD

Today has been a bit of a “let your hair down” day. I had a lunch with my friend, jacket potato with butter and cheese, yum 😋 , followed with some red wine (red wine is good for you 😉 ). Once in a while its good to relax and not think about calories 🙂 .
    @judyjudes put it nicely, indiscretion it was 😁 , and its good not to panic over it *nods*

@kerryn73 stay with us, and remember, if you give up now, you might be where you definitely don’t want to be by the end of the year. Plenty of time for improvement. Having said that, its good to have a break sometimes, as long as its just that, a break 🙂

@beedoo pilates is very good for your core muscles, so every pilates exercise you do will have some effect your your tummy. Thats where you drow the strenght from in pilates. Give it a go 🙂

@at yes, we are at about the same place (weight) 😀

@diana123 praying for peaceful moments of departure for your MIL 🙏

Have a fab rest of the weekend everyone 🌹

Day 20 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Doing okay. Planning a meal in the evening, which I’ll be ready for…

@RedRock – you are so active with hiking and so on. Will you continue that in Austria? Just wondering.

@diana123 – hugs and prayers coming your way. May things be peaceful for your MIL and all of you with her.

@songbirdme – thanks for the chuckle

All the best on the rest of the weekend everyone!

Day 21, Guildford UK, WFD for 5 days

Going to get rid of some more excess skin

Mari

Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    As I say…I WILL get back on the wagon tomorrow. I WILL.
    Foggy here this morning…but should mean a nice day later.

Day 21 Ireland NFD

Just managed one FD this week but on Friday I probably only had 700 cal or so, so don’t feel too bad.

Bought new scales – digital ones, as the ones I have been using are antique almost! The new ones are reading that I am 2lbs or so heavier than my other scales when used at the same time, oh no!! Might just continue this month on old scales and start afresh in November.

Have family around for dinner today, doing a roast and looking forward to it! Have a good Sunday everyone.

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I woke up this morning thinking t was Monday! Oh happy days, it’s Sunday 😃😃😃

I have a few cleaning chores to do today then relaxing this afternoon. DH goes back to work this afternoon so I have the place to myself…I am looking forward to it. Shush, don’t tell him that 😉

I made a fab chilli dish last night with my own home grown chill is…super hot as I Like it. There is something so satisfying about going out to the patio and picking your own chillis, then popping them into the cooking pot. There is loads leftover so DH will take some to work and I will dine on it tonight.

@diana123 prayers for your MIL and family
    @cornish-jane I googled that Sit Down/Stand Up test and will give it a go today. Aye my age I really should be able to get up and down off the floor unaided so this will be another goal to aim for. Thanks for alerting me to it.

@beedoo I too lost 50lbs in the Dukan Duet and also could not hold onto the loss in Stabilisation Phase. I put 30 of those pounds back on over 2 years. With this WOL I have lost them again and I know that this way is more sustainable…….though I still don’t eat as much fruit as I used to..throwback to the Dukan Diet I suppose.

Have a lovely Sunday today everyone 🤗

Day 21 Belfast NFD
    Despite having a controlled couple of days, the scales are up again and I’m feeling quite bloated. ☹️

Oops @rainbowsmile – a typo I think! I meant per week. I think I’d be swimming if I ate that much!
    @songbirdme – I’d call that a FD. Anything under 800 is a good ‘un! I actually wonder if I lost another 1/2stone whether my belly would shrink, but I really don’t want to lose anywhere else. So that’s my conundrum! Thank you for the belly (ha!)laugh with your YouTube clip!
    Your story is an inspiration to us all @beedoo.
    @
    Daffodil2010 – did you grown your chillis in the open air or in a greenhouse? I have a plant on my windowsill but they haven’t done very well this year. I have a vine growing over my shed and am having a bumper harvest of grapes this year. 🍇 however, they are small and have tiny pips so although they are sweet they’re not so good to eat.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Day 21 UK FD

Busy weekend so far so just catching up with all the posts again. Having FD today to kick start next week.

A day at home clearing out our loft space. I say ” a day” but it will take at least a month! Why would I keep stuff I didn’t know was there, and haven’t looked at for 30 years!!

Good luck to everyone today.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.