November 2019 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 537 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 540 total)

• Day 12 NFD Oxfordshire, UK
    Quiet day here today. Its local market day so I went down for my eggs, came back with Baclava – DH loves it, Turkish delight and Greek Olives. Its a new stall and I felt I must support it. At least I remembered the eggs too.
    Dentist this afternoon and now enjoying a warm cup of chamomile tea. I’ve just put the numbers in my calorie counter and I’m on track for a CD if I dont’t stumble this evening.
    I find keeping my hands busy – with Knitting at the moment – helps me stay away from treats most of the time.
    @songbirdme that sounds chilly. I think since losing some weight I’ve noticed the cold more. I’m thinking of asking Father Christmas for a body warmer that I can wear beneath other clothes.
    @marroni Nuts are my downfall. Once my DH has opened the packet I seem compelled to finish them. My will power is fine during the week, but fasting at weekends I find really difficult.
    @daffodil2010 I am always more successful if I count calories. I think it makes me more aware of what I am eating.
    @ciren2 I’m amazed at what you do as a postie, I just thought you delivered mail, not all this extra stuff. Although I suppose now there is more competition out there for the Royal Mail they take on all sorts for delivery. I shall be thinking you out in all weather. Still on the upside at least you didnt have time to think about food.
    Onward and downward.

Day 12, VA, USA, WFD 2

Whew almost cracked yesterday when I went to the gathering and there were one of my favorite dishes vegetable dumplings. I pondered on breaking/starting my fast the next day, but then I thought really I would want to eat at least 5 or 6 of them… b/c I would want them to just be my supper and I would feel like a pig eating 5 or 6 of them at an event where you should probably only have 2 so that you are not rude. Once I had that conversation in my head, I settled on that it was ok to skip it and enjoy my awesome water.

Then it felt dare I say – easy. So far easy breezy I will need some hot water and orange slice with cloves as it is raining and snowing here. Or should I just say Wet Snow.

I’ve not done just a straight water fast in a while and I do think this would be a touch easier in the summer when one would already be warm and craving water, but alas summer and/or warmer weather is a little ways away. I’m happy to report that water % has gone up, although I can feel that I have to keep at it to say on top of my game.

@basyjames – I did many of LFD and/or water at the start of my day with 1 bowl of fresh cut veggies and broth for dinner many many times before tackling WFDs. With this cold weather coming through it may do you better to have something warm at night. You did great at keeping under the 500 and usually that is all I aim for, sometimes it helps to shoot for the moon and if you miss you’ll still hit a star.

@ccco – I found out that I get acid reflux if I drink coffee that has turned cold. (Not cold brew) but if I have a cup of hot coffee and there is one more sip and its turned cold sure enough I will have the acid reflux all dang day and yes I too tend to want to eat to help the reflux as I don’t know any other tricks for that one.

@dahliafan – that was what I was afraid of yesterday with the dumplings. Having a game plan has saved me, maybe stock some miso soup or some broth for a “snack” later in your shift.

Pocket list day 12 (must get in some good fasting before the holiday time tries to get us!)

Pocket List – Day 12
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dahliafan
    @rabbette

Day 12 Oxfordshire 2nd post
    @Rabette interesting fact about the hair brushing, I didnt know that.
    I try to have a warm drink before bed. I use Clipper, Sleepy Tea which isnt to everyone’s taste, but it works most nights. I found while we were away in the motorhome I got into a really good sleep pattern, and I’m desperately tring to keep it up.
    When I was heavier I had trouble with waking in the night and not being able to go back to sleep. It could also have been due to the menopause.
    I watched another Jason Fung youtube interview where he advsies folk to embrace the not sleeping and get up and do something else.

Today’s Pocket-Listers….stay strong!

@penz
    @ccco
    @dahliafan
    @rabbette
    @basyjames
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @fatrabbit

Hope you’re all still in there!
    See you tomorrow xx

2nd post

Oh my gosh anyone watch The Great British Baking Show? It is not recommend during fasting, but my sweetheart loves it and we watch one episode every other day or so. Needless to say I thought day 2 of WFD would be a piece of cake, but not when it is up on the screen as big as my head! Ha! I held out so far. (Although my sweetheart is wanting me to make ganache) they will just have to wait till the weekend then maybe I’ll make a vegan orange chocolate one or a vegan blue berry lavender one.

@suki2 – it is good advice to get up if you are not sleeping (nothing worse than laying there for hours *I’ve done it*) and being exhausted from just not moving so you don’t wake your SO or b/c you think if you lay there long enough you will fall asleep. I find that if I wake in the middle of the night I do sometimes go downstairs do a bit of computer work or reading and will sometimes tucker out on the couch.

Day 12 California. FD

Doing a fast day today which is good because my car is in the shop and I can’t go get anything. Since my car needs a major repair I kind of need food for the comfort 😞 but I guess it’s worth it since my car has lasted 9 years/160,000 miles and will probably last a few more.

@missybear I also need 5:2 in maintenance so I guess that means I eat to much in my NFD’s!

2nd post Day 12

Oops clumsy fingers on my phone this morning, today is a NFD for me, my FDs are Monday and Thursday.

@rafiki44 I think 2 FDs a week are a happy trade to be able to enjoy relaxed eating and drinking with no calories counting every weekend 😉. Hope your car gets better soon and the repairs don’t cost too much.

Today’s Pocket-Listers….stay strong!
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dahliafan
    @rabbette
    @basyjames
    @flourbaby
    @fatrabbit

Day 13, NFD, AUS

Today is PFDS!!! (Post FD smugness.) Yes, I successfully completed the FD yesterday; first for the month, and first in many many weeks. Thanks for thoughts, @funshipfreddie, @daffodil2010 (ha ha, wishing you to be TOM-free so the wine bottle is not a temptation!), @missybear. So true that I would not be doing this without your e-support across the globe.

Hey @flourbaby. You know how this works, so just DO it!!! Post daily and stay away from the vino (says this little black pot). That moji is there – just dig a little deeper.

Interesting how many people have come to realise they are slightly claustrophobic. For me, it was the first time I went scuba diving. I love being in the water, and have no problem snorkelling, but for some reason the whole closed in feel of the breathing apparatus and limited peripheral visibility etc had me on the verge of panic. I couldn’t wait to get back to the surface.

And it’s lovely to have you back, @basyjames! I’m counting your day 12 as a win.

Day 13, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 12 NFD

Pocket list day 13
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 12 Ohio, US — NFD (59 bites)
    Day 11 — MFD

Just a quick check in —- last night I didn’t finish my prep work for today until after 11 and it looks about the same today. Fortunately the fasting went well yesterday and I kept on target for my meals today, even with the snow last night and the single digit temperatures tonight. The full moon is up to its old tricks!

Enjoy the moonlight!

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

It’s cold this morning. We posties tend to wear shorts for much of the year out on delivery (as the job is physical we stay warm) but from this week I’ve got back into long trousers. With some I think it may be a macho thing to stay in shorts all year round. Even in snow!
    @penz: Hey you DID it…..your PFDS is well deserved!

Pocket List for Day 13 fasters:

@snowflake56

Go for it.
    Bye for now xx

Day 13 UK NFD

Enjoy your cosy long trousers @ciren2! Hope your round is lighter today.

I’m hosting my book group this evening so I’m looking forward to that. I always make little spicy cheese and olive scones but I’m not planning to undo yesterday’s successful fast by indulging today, so any left over will be going in my husband’s lunch tomorrow.

Hope you have a successful day @snowflake56 and any other fasters today. And for those in the UK, stay warm!

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

My friend wanted to go for lunch yesterday but I ordered a relatively good chicken wrap with sweet chilli sauce, but the side of fries to share might have been a bit too much ☹️ Still, onwards we go, counting calories, trying to figure out the danger foods (I know what most of them are, but it’s always a learning curve).

For example, I love mince beef for chilli con carne, bolognese, anything spicy with chilli, but wow, the calories! Definely now for weekend NFD.

I feel good today, I shall come under 1000 calories, then its tomorrow’s 2nd FD.

@flourbaby, stay strong, your mojo was there in spades a few weeks ago, it will come back. Guess a few of us are having a hard time of it. I wish I could channel that voice I had when I stopped smoking and made me stay off the cigs…….but food is life, cigs are not….much more willpower needed to stay on the path……😨

@suki2 I always have the best nights sleep when we are away in our camper. It’s the most comfortable bed we have…..and maybe it’s also that lovely feeling that outside is a lovely view, fresh air, a mountain. Or a beach, or whatever, but I sleep soundly. Hoping to head off Saturday week for a cheeky night somewhere before Christmas madness….I fancy somewhere along the shores of the mighty River Shannon 😄

@ciren2 Lordy, shorts in this biting weather? Brave posties ☺️ It’s at this time of year I am glad I no longer work in a Glasshouse with cold temperatures and instead have a cosy office with nice coffee…..although I miss the horticulture life I don’t think I will ever go back to making my living that way.

@dahliafan mmmm, your spicy cheese and olive scones sound like something I would LOVE!

@penz Well done on the PFDS!!

Have a great Hump Day everyone.

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Crazy weather here last night! Torrential rain, hail; we even had a tornado in our province, leaving a trail of destruction, injuring 20 people & killing two. And they’re telling us the worst is on the way tonight and tomorrow.

@daffodil2010 – I just use the diary part, for logging meals/snacks and just keep my eye on the calories. I turned off the annoying reminders, eg ‘you haven’t logged your breakfast’. I don’t think MFP is 5:2 friendly!

Well done on a successful FD @penz! I’ll be toughing out another one tomorrow. I must start logging what I eat before I eat it; instead of doing it later & keeping my fingers crossed 🤪

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 13
    @snowflake56

Day 13 UK FD

Day 13, London, UK, FD,

Unfortunately @dahliafan, that first mouthful is like the tiny pebble that starts the avalanche, once it starts, there’s NO stopping it!!!

@suki2, I find it almost impossible to fast over the weekend, which for me is 4 NFDs long!!! I have done it once or twice, but I must have been really ill since I can’t manage it at the moment!!

@penz, I’m digging sooooo deep at the moment don’t be surprised if I turn up on your doorstep down under!!! Thanks for the pep talk, I was teetering on the edge of giving November’s challenge a miss, but since we’re not even halfway through ……………………… WHAT WAS I THINKING???!!! Stay smug my friend!!

@daffodil2010, it really is all down to the dreaded trigger foods, I know what they are, I know I shouldn’t buy them (bargain or not!) and I know that if I do buy them thinking I’ll have it/them once per week, all it takes is one glass of wine to turn “once per week” into “eat ALL of it now to get rid of temptation” ……………………… and so …………………….. the cycle begins!!!!

Anyway, the superglue is holding fast(!) I’m still on the wagon, I figure 2 good fasting weeks will reset my mind. At the moment it feels like week 8. When I started, weeks 1-7 were such a breeze, such a revelation, where have you been all my life 5:2, soooo easy; unfortunately, week 8 was Xmas ’16 and as many of you know, that was the year I rewarded myself and let loose, so I could easily identify where the bottles of Baileys had attached themselves to my bum by Jan 1st!!! Getting back on the wagon was hard & that’s where I find myself at the moment, but I AM back on it, I just need to stay put!!!

Enough of my moaning, I’m here, I’m staying, I’m posting……………………… I HAVE GOT THIS!!!!

Day 13 UK CD

Stayed up too late getting stuff ready for today so will be more of an effort getting through on will power. Last meeting for the team who planned this year’s events and that’s always a cakey one…

I’m learning that sleep is so essential to every other thing – enough and I make good decisions, not enough and my will power is weak. So sleep is going to be my key going forewards.

That and warm drinks – my body seems to be rejecting water atm so i’ll be taking out ginger and peppermint tea, and aim to keep hydrated on the hoof.

Whatever your day brings, go gently…

Day 13- Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

Day 13 USA (Illinois) FD

Need to do a good FD. Making the list:

Pocket List – Day 13
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @therealwil78
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

USA Day 13 FD

Adding myself to the pocket list:

Pocket List – Day 13
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @therealwil78
    @songbirdme
    @ccco

Very cold here today, the coldest we’ve had so far this yea! Exercise will all have to be indoors, which is fine for me. Ciren, I would be right there with you wearing long pants. I think comfort is important. It’s below freezing here, so it works for me! Yesterday’s FD went well but I have some wine! I intend to keep that off today’s menu.

Have a great day, everyone!

@flourbaby: Aaah yes, Christmas 2016…..I also have reason to remember it well. I too started to seriously fall off the wagon around then, here I am still, but hardly successfully! It’s the thought that counts,I suppose. YOU are getting back on that wagon.

Another busy day at work, but it was DRY! Wednesdays are always busy days….but, strangely, I finished twenty minutes earlier than yesterday. You see, normally Tuesdays are the lightest day of the week…..but not this Tuesday.
    @daffodil2010: You’d be surprised how many posties are still wearing shorts in this bitter wind. Not me though…
    @ccco: Luckily, not so cold as you though. Stay wrapped up. And, well done doing fast-days when it’s so cold there.
    @michelinme: I hope you managed to stay steady with all those cakes around.
    @funshipfreddie: That sounds awful. I hope you stay safe tonight and tomorrow. We are so lucky that we don’t get any extreme weather events in the UK. Also, I know the Aussies are having a terrible time round Sydney with bush fires…..while further up north in the UK some poor people are flooded out.

2nd post

did really well today until I made my DH (recovering from surgery) French Toast, normally I don’t bake the bread crust but I had left over egg-milk mix so now I did and ate a bit of it. Delicious but a bit was enough.

@dahliafan thanks for the support!

@funshipfreddie take care and stay safe!

Day 13 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Prepped a veggie casserole this afternoon but only just remembered to switch on the oven so it will be a late dinner this evening. DH has just walked to the village shop in the rain to get a bottle of red (my hero) to sip while we wait….so no dry till Fri this week 😈 I’m not drinking enough water either, lots of hot drinks but water consumption right down since the days turned colder and shorter. Going to enjoy a cosy night in cuddling cat 🍷and DH. FD tomorrow.

Day 12 UK NFD
    Day 13 UK FD

Quick check in as not much time!

Day 13, VA, USA, WFD x 3

Water consumption and percentage is UP! Yay making progress noticing that I still almost want to eat yet once faced with that I could go make food, I don’t want it. Which clearly tells me I’m thirsty and not able to keep up with my demand. Third day of Water I’m feeling good and less cravings. Although I will say I would not turn down a cup of miso. My biggest challenge with the WFDs would be that its cold and I want warm soup. Well I know the first thing I’m making when I break my fast (any guesses).

Next Monday off to see the Dr for my increasing restless leg symptoms. Oddly enough tho my legs are on good behavior the past 2 days. (Scratching head thats when I started my water fast…) If I could just live on water every day I guess I could cure myself. <sigh>

@daffodil2010 – good job on the wrap I was actually quite floored how many calories fries have, I don’t ever order them on purpose, but one day they came with a meal and I ate a small portion and then I went to put it into MFP and was like WHAAAAAAT, GET the FRONT DOOR OUT OF HERE! Like seriously)

@funshipfreddie – jeez that weather sounds mighty scary. I do hope you and your loved ones are safe in the passing of the storm(s). AND you hit the nail on the head [log the food before you eat it] I started doing that, but it really was bc I was trying to stay under a certain amount and logging it before would help me calculate if I had any calories left (((bc goodness knows we don’t want any calories to go to waist… or waistline haha) *but this would be great for NFDs so that I don’t go overboard.

@flourbaby – don’t be writing off Nov you will be kicking yourself big time in later for not staying on top of the slow trickle that happens during the holiday season (hopefully you guys don’t celebrate any feasting holidays in November, I tried to look up if Ireland celebrates a (thanksgiving type of holiday) *or some other feasting deal in November) Mmmmm I noticed Baileys was mentioned. I like that one too, what I do when I want to have that kind of liqueur I mix it with something stronger (meaning higher percentage alcohol) that has less calories like vodka or goldschlager *** or the best drink to make during the season a

Gingerbread Man:
    1 part Baileys
    1 part Cinnamon Schnapps
    1 part Butterscotch Schnapps
    1 part Vodka (optional) Gives more bang for your buck *

Put all ingredients in a shaker with ice strain to serve (or serve with some of the ice if you tend to drink your cocktails a bit quick.)

@missybear – I’d be right there with ya. We have totally had a cocktail waiting for dinner. (Even when I have fasted all dang day, suddenly waiting that extra 30 minutes to an hour is impossible)

Pocket List – Day 13
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @therealwil78
    @songbirdme
    @ccco
    @rabbette 3xWFD

Day 14, FD, Aus

I’m tired today which I know will make completing today’s FD a challenge. Why do I want warm comforting food when I’m sleepy? I will focus on the pocket lis, and the indulgent feeling of a PFDS which I expect to have tomorrow. [And you are so right @michelinme, sleep is so important!]

Your spicy cheese and olive scones sound delish, @dahliafan. Would you be willing to share your recipe? And what book are you discussing in you group?

Our local news is so focused on bushfires that I had no idea you had such crazy – and fatal – weather in your part of the world, @funshipfreddie. Hope you and yours are ok and get through the next few days.

Ok, @flourbaby. I’m about to yell at you. DO NOT GIVE UP ON NOVEMBER’S CHALLENGE!! You are welcome on my door step anytime (but I am the sort of host who would immediately offer you something to drink – alcoholic of course!) Hope you are enjoying your own post FD smugness today (on day 14).

Thinking of all of you experiencing extreme weather: @ccco, @ciren2 – brrrrr!

Pocket list day 14:
    @penz

Oh @rabbette – that “Gingerbread Man” sounds so decadent! My DH came home with a bottle of Bailey’s the other day …may just have to try that one. But this time of year I prefer hot drinks, like a “Peppermint Patty” where you put peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate. Also apple schnapps in cider (heated) is delicious, adding a cinnamon stick. I use the diet hot chocolate and spiced cider packets that means lower calories.

Day 13 Ohio, US — NFD (59 bites)

The NFD has gone well and I met all my meal targets. I made a loaf of bread today and it hardly rose at all. Maybe the very low humidity in the house? The wintry weather? Has this happened to anyone?

@rabbette Your “Gingerbread Man” sounds fantastic! Will definitely try that out, probably at Thanksgiving time (i.e., end of November).

@snowflake56 Hope your DH has a complete and quick recovery! French toast has got to be the best comfort food going!

Day 14: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Oh NO… I wake up and find that the all night heavy rain has started to turn to wet snow! I hate the very thought of spending the day (Thursdays are always heavy on mail) slogging round in rain and sleet. Hopefully, at least, once the daylight comes it’ll turn back to rain.
    @penz: you can DO it.

Day 14 Pocket List:

@penz

See you later xx

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Bright and cold morning and that full moon is still high in the sky! I love how we are all seeing that moon e en though we are in different parts of the world.

As for the Baileys cocktails talk!!! Lads, lads, lads, it’s WAY to early in the day to be reading delicious sounding Baileys cocktails!! So I will throw this in as its nearly the festive season……I used to work in the Baileys plant, I was in the office. I was a trained Baileys TASTER….every day we had to go to the tasting room and sample the previous day’s batches. Every day!!! Oh what a lovely job it was ☺️ Around the millennium I think it was, good times 😆😆

So today is my 2nd FD of the week. Going to keep it liquid only until dinner, with just half a veggie stock cube to warm me up at lunch, and lots of herbal tea, coffee etc. Evening meal is my homemade chicken bone broth. Fingers crossed for tomorrow and the weigh in.

@flourbaby, we are definitely going through the same thing, though if we throw in the towel….what else is there? A few days of mindlessly stuffing our faces, thinking we deserve this, guzzling wine as we are entitiled to, feeling great for a brief moment….then feeling stuffed and unhappy with ourselves and then starts the self loathing as we pull on the rolls of flab that have gathered and we know exactley how and why THAT happened…and do we care? We HAVE to, otherwise we disappear from the WOL for a while…and come back eventually bigger than ever. Let’s not go there @flourbaby, there are loads here holding your hand, we can do it.

@missybear your DH is a sweetheart, I hope you enjoyed that lovely evening ☺️

My own DH is off for an MRI this morning…..I am a bit worried about him and hope there is a simple and curable reason for the pain he has been suffering around his tailbone for months. I will think positive thoughts for him. His job is so physical and he has been through the wars the past year ☹️

For everyone suffering bad weather and hurricanes, tornadoes, bush fires, snow, stay safe.

@funshipfreddie I hope you got through that weather ok.

Pocket list day 14
    @penz
    @daffodil2010

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

They must be expecting a heck of a storm here today. They just advised parents to pick up their kids from school, at 9:30am! They start really early here though, at 7:30am.

Have an easy FD, Thursday fasters! 🍏

Pocket List – Day 14
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 14 UK FD

I’m just checking in quickly before I go to work (very late, I’m usually in the office well before 8 o’clock!)

I’m out this evening at choir so I may not have time to check in again today, if not I will post properly tomorrow and share my scone recipe. Perfect timing because it’s perfect for pre-Christmas parties.

Happy fasting everyone on this rainy day. Thinking of those who are so dreadfully affected by severe weather at the moment.

@daffodil2010 our posts crossed, I hope all goes well for your husband this morning

Day 14. Bologna. Italy. NFD Again

Just saying hi, at the end of our time in Italy. I’ve been to Bologna before, but I forgot how amazing it is. Just the most beautiful, and historic of cities. There are loads of arcades, so even though it rained nonstop on Tuesday, we swerved the water most of the time. Sorry to see Venice has had bad floods. We only left there about a week ago, and our host said our place would flood if there were high tides.
    I ditched the Zumba video – I realised I hated being shouted instructions which I couldn’t seem to follow, so now I exercise to a series of videos by Sherrie Silver on YouTube. I just put them on and fling myself around to the music. It’s fun. And I can’t get it wrong….
    Looking forward to getting back to fasting. We haven’t gone bonkers in Italy, but there is definitely a need for some weight loss before Christmas. Some? Ha!

Day 14, Emden Germany, NFD

busy day shopping and cooking, lovely patient, pleased with everything I serve him, unfortunately I’m not a great cook or baker. No problem getting my 10.000 steps done today.

@ciren2 I hope the weather calms down, we had storm and hail yesterday.

@funshipfreddie hope it’s won’t come a bad as expected.

@matpi thanks, everything is going well. Today he ordered two toasted ham-cheese sandwiches, ginger nuts, Club Sandwich with chicken, bacon, tomato, salad and freshly made mayonnaise, for dessert it’s going to be mousse au chocolat. I only have little bits of everything. If this goes on for much longer he’ll need a diet.

@daffodil2010 hope your DH’s MRI goes well.

Day 14 North Canton OH FD

So I have had to let the whole idea of water-fasting go for now and I am just sticking to TRE 16:8 in combination with two 500 calorie days a week
    To that end, yesterday was a NFD and today will be a FD

@rabbette I agree with your sentiment “sometimes it helps to shoot for the moon and if you miss you’ll still hit a star”

On the one hand I know the benefits of water fasting and I want to take advantage of that, on the other hand, I am in firmly in maintenance mode and not quite ready to commit to it. I will mossy along with my current regimen and try again in the summer
    @suki, thanks for the Jason Fung tip – the next time I wake up at 2am in the morning – I will embrace it and go work out, then I don’t have to worry about doing it later. I signed up for the Black Fire program. It is designed by Bob Harper one of the trainers from The Biggest Loser and I am loving my results so far

@penz, thank you 🙂

Pocket List – Day 14
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @basyjames

Day 14- Atlanta, GA- USA- FD

Gonna do a b2b FD today. Finally back on my workout schedule. Back to rising at 4:30am to hit the gym at 5:00. It actually evens out my mood for the day. Kinda like therapy. I work out all the things in my head that I have to conquer that day. And when I’m stressed out about something I usually fell a little better after. Down about 3lbs. on the scale this morning. Still hovering around 4-6 lbs. over my summer weight. I’m determined not to go back to my bad habits. Better off nipping it in the bud now. Gotta love this WOL. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Day 14, London, UK, NFD,

It’s a late check-in from me today, the leak detectives have just left, driving SW rain & poor construction have led to the leak, so problem found, now for a solution!! I’m doing ok with fasting, I just need to feel secure in what I’m doing, still standing a wee bit too close to the edge for my liking!!!

@penz, I definitely need a comfort food recipe suitable for a FD!! Although my brain is telling me that involves stodgy, heavy, warming, rich food ……………….. hardly suited to fasting!!

To all concerned, I feel ya holding my hand, I’m squeezing back!! @rabbette, @penz, & @daffodil2010, I’m not going anywhere except to the gun shop, so I can get rid of the little devil sitting on my shoulder whispering naughty things ………………. Mmmh chocolate ………….. Mmmh wine ………….. Mmmh Crisps ……….Mmmh cake!! Just feeling a bit sorry for myself but now I have to get that great empty but proud feeling back and there’s only one way to do that …………………………… FAST!!!! Plus the fact that although I was cute before (30-40lbs heavier!), now I’m kinda hot, so I couldn’t possibly leave this WOL!!!!! LOL, I’m tickling myself with that one!!!

Thank goodness I don’t have ANY of the ingredients requird for a ‘gingerbread man’, ‘Peppermint Patty’ or that cider concoction in the house. Phew ………………………. I dodged a bullet!!!

@daffodil2010, my coccyx cushion made all the difference, plus a bit of weight loss, I’ll leave you to mention that to your DH!!! I hope the MRI shows nothing sinister xx

@funshipfreddie, batten down the hatches & stay safe, it sounds like you’re expecting a doozy!!!

Wow, you early exercisers put me to shame the prospect of an early workout session scares the bejesus out of me, maybe because I love, love, love sleep!!!! @basyjames & @therealwil78, perhaps I’ll have to revisit the 30 Day shred soon, only in the evenings though!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 14 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Hope everyone is keeping safe in crazy weather conditions around the world 🤗

Pocket List – Day 14
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @basyjames
    @missybear

Day 14 UK FD

Yesterday’s CD went v off piste when I forgot all about lunch and 5:2. Absent-mindedly ate 1/2 box M&S gf chocolate rice crispy squares – albeit with several clementines. Swerved the temptations of community supper and made it home for weird leftovers supper – eggs, red lentil pasta and home made vegan bolognaise. Not quite EFS but over TDEE

Glad to relax into today’s FD & hoping to make the 5:2 routine stick again. Water, black coffee & peppermint tea thus far, now for OMAD vegetable stew and clementines. Then it’s bath and a very early night – this cold is beginning to feel worse rather than better,hoping sleep will help!

Rest day tomorrow ahead of a day conference on Saturday – then that’s it for this year’s events. A whole 10 days off ahead with a nice mix of meeting friends – for talks/exhibitions rather than food! Plus catching up with neglected household stuff, health appointments, chutney making and sleep. Nearly there, so pacing myself to be able to enjoy it.

@ciren2 hope the weather has been better today
    @daffodil2010 hope DH’s MRI shows useful results
    @flourbaby You can do this! You’ve had so much MOJO to share…. Hopefully it’s just having a snooze rather than hibernating. Keep on keeping on. Remember, if you give up now you’ll soon be back where you were, wishing you were where you are now 🙂

All the best to those in stormy times, facing fire wind or flood. Stay safe!

Pocket List – Day 14
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @dahliafan
    @basyjames
    @therealwil78
    @missybear
    @michelinme

Day 14 – USA – NFD

Hello again, all! Reading posts daily and enjoying the connection with you all! It’s now 1 week post surgery and I’m home recuperating very well: reading a lot, resting, and hopefully healing. Still got 2 FDs in last week with a goal of 1 or 2 more this month to keep steady in maintenance. Welcome back, @basyjames, @emmataylor! @daffodil2010 and @snowflake56, hope both your OHs have a speedy recovery!

Awful, awful, AWFUL day, weatherwise out on the rounds. Cold, constant rain, non-stop, ALL day and all last night too. Flooding all around, mud, yuk, horrible! Luckily, after it changed to wet snow early on, it changed back. Heavy, difficult day on the deliveries, lots of mail, full wet weather gear….all very energy-draining. Finished at 2.50….an hour and a half over my time (again)!
    Moan over.

@daffodil2010: Your DH is also having an MRI for nagging pain? I hope he gets a good result and then treatment. It could well be some arthritis or trapped nerves by the sound of it…..especially if he has a physical job. Good luck xx
    @flourbaby: leaks are NOT what you want in this weather. You’ve got the fasting now, haven’t you? YES!
    @snowflake56: Hope you have better weather today.
    @funshipfreddie: Stay safe today and hang on in there.
    @therealwil78: GO for it!

Pocket List – Day 14

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @dahliafan
    @basyjames
    @therealwil78
    @missybear
    @michelinme

Onwards…

Day 14, VA, USA, FD

Today I decided to make a transition to FD and the reason for that is from a Keto meter reading that scored me very high in my ketosis and while I do know this particular meter does read a bit high (I need to get some other test strips to get a better idea of the range of my breath meter) I did feel excessively thirsty. I tried the salt trick but I think I needed a bit more. I think I’ll give a 5 day WF a go in the spring and make sure to have an electrolyte supplement. Otherwise from feeling so thirsty I feel pretty good. Today I had a broth and veggie soup (which felt amazingly good because it is still a bit cold outside.)

I was almost disappointed that I closed out my WF today, but then I though heck no I made it 76 hours without even a morsel of food. So with that I will celebrate making it to today with a FD!

@penz – when I’m tired, fasting is much harder, Usually I just keep reaching for soup, and my trusty water sometimes tea or another round of coffee if it is early in the day.

@songbirdme – mmmm such delicious delights. I’ll have to work on a couple more low calorie cocktails. Maybe I could make my own cinnamon infused vodka.

@ciren2 – oh dear that does sound a bit dreadful to say the least. I hope you can get warm and cozy, maybe some hot tea and a nice bowl of warm soup. Maybe even an epson salt bath!

@daffodil2010 – wow a Baileys taster, ha that takes the cake.

@funshipfreddie – I’ll be thinking about ya and hoping you are safe though the storm.

@dahliafan – mmmmm scones.

@emma_taylor – looked up sherrie silver she is loads of fun! I liked Zumba but really didn’t like messing up so much (haha) The other thing I found with Zumba was that it always seems to make my hip hurt but with freestyle dancing I don’t have that happen (I must instinctively know what hurts it and not do those moves) and the Zumba doesn’t hurt during, its after that my hip is so sore that I can not fall asleep on that side.

@basyjames – black fire sounds exotic and butt whopping.

@flourbaby – HA! Dodged a bullet! Yes in deed you did if you have no ingredients.

@michelinme – I thought it was just me that ate weird combinations! I often do wonder why on earth I eat the combos as they start to just get weirder or like I don’t want them but can’t stop eating them kind of deal.

@metatauta – hope you are feeling better and better every day, Glad to hear from ya!

Now were is the pocket list, b/c even tho its not a water fast I’ve got to hold tight bc my soup and 1/4 cup nuts are just ticking up those calories! Maybe just broth and carrots tonight.

Pocket List – Day 14
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @dahliafan
    @basyjames
    @therealwil78
    @missybear
    @michelinme
    @rabbette

Day 15, NFD, Aus

I blew yesterday’s FD. Completely. I almost decided to chuck in the entire year and come back with vengeance in January, but brought myself back from the brink. Today is a new day after all. (I need to follow my own advice.)

Wow, @daffodil2010 – you were a Baileys taster?!? At first blush that seems like an awesome job (like being a taster in Cadbury’s chocolate factory) but I suppose after a while you’d get sick of it? And awesome words of advice to @flourbaby which I am redirecting to myself (if only I read your words of wisdom last night!!)

Thinking of you all battling horrid weather @ciren2, @funshipfreddie

Has anyone volunteered yet to host December? I will if someone is happy to help out with the spreadsheet (which is beyond my IT abilities).

Day 14 Ohio, US — NFD (59 bites)

All on schedule for eating today. It turns out I could have made today a FD, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I have a long, intense class on Thursdays mid-day, so fasting doesn’t go well with such intensity. But when I got there today no one else showed up. It turns out that the teacher was sick and sent a message of there being no class on the electronic homework system. Since I always do my homework due Thursday on Wednesday evening, there was no reason to look at the electronic system. Apparently everyone else does their homework just before class on Thursday morning, That will teach me!

@penz Hurrah on keeping up with this WOL through (at least) the end of the year. Remember the old quote — it’s not how many times you fall that counts, it’s how many times you get up again! (says one who’s had to get back a good share of times!)

Day 15 UK NFD

After a couple of good FD the scales have finally moved! 0.7 kg or 1.5 pounds in a downwards direction! Will catch up with all the posts later but meantime, as usual, all the support and encouragement has kept me on track! So thanks to all.

Day 15: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Up early and ready for work. I see it’s actually stopped raining…..not sure how long for. Please, PLEASE….let it be an easier day on the deliveries!
    @penz: If I remember rightly, I think @at volunteered to do December. Assuming that still stands.
    Good for you for summoning that extra bit of willpower to hang on in there. If nothing else, do what I do, and just be here! I’m the world’s worst 5:2-er….

Well, I’d better get going, I suppose.
    See you all later xx

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD

Thanks for the good wishes re our crazy weather. Things seem to have calmed down for now, although they had another tornado further north near Durban yesterday; & there’s more rain on the way.

@ciren2 – hope you have a dry, easier delivery day! 📬

For anyone thinking of throwing in the towel, or asking themselves, ‘why am I doing this?’; there were some quite sobering statistics in the news yesterday. According to a study by Diabetes UK, obesity cases have doubled in the past 20 years; from 18 to 29 percent of adults. Not just overweight, but obese! I think we can be quite sure that applies to most developed countries. ‘Obesity is a dangerous public health threat that is already leading to a string of serious illnesses, including 13 types of cancer, heart attacks and strokes.’ In the UK alone, every week diabetes causes 169 amputations, 680 strokes, 530 heart attacks and 2000 cases of heart failure. Staggering. Reading that certainly helped me to get through my FD yesterday!

And on that happy note, to any Friday fasters, happy fasting! 🍏

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good FD, absolutely bang on 500 calories according to MFP. There is a loss this week…but I am going to see how Monday’s post-weekend weigh in will be before calling a loss…ie, it will be up from today’s weight, but if it’s lower than last Monday then that’s the loss.

Still can’t believe though that I am in 140 land. Ok, just a smidge, 140.2lbs right now, but I haven’t seen the 130’s since I came back from my trip, and previous to that I was desperate to get out of 130 land and into the 120’s.☹️ 2019 has been a struggle alright.

However, I am still classed as normal by Mr BMI, and so that means healthy.

Good facts there @funshipfreddie, and it reminded me of why I started the weight loss journey proper back in 2013. I had been faffing about with Weight Watchers since about 2004, but anyway, in 2013, I felt pain in my arm and my chest whilst visiting my brother. I blamed it on the string coffee but I was scared.

Started the Dukan Diet the next week and lost 50lbs. I did put back 30lbs over the years, found 5:2 and lost most of that. I have had my cardio checked lots of times and I am in good health (my family has predisposition to cardio issues)… So no matter what, no matter how tough it seems, by actively trying to cut back, lose weight, maintain, just don’t pile it on again………..I will not be obese again.

With the help of you guys here, we are all rooting for each other…..

@penz OMG I am so glad you didn’t just Jack in the remainder of the year!!! Hang on in there. At least be on here. As @ciren2 said ” just be here”. As for the Baileys tasting, it wasn’t all day….just a quick pop down to the tasting room for 30 mins, sample, write notes, have a water biscuit, back to desk. It was great!!!

Right, Ireland was blessed with lovely crisp winter weather and now I must de-ice my car. Have a great Friday.

Day 15, Emden Germany, NFD

yesterday didn’t turn out as aspected. The neightbours had a day full of desasters so three of them came over to share their stories, they took most of the ginger nuts with them and left me with no time to make the chocolate mousse.

@ciren2 hope you’re staying dry today!

@metatauta hoping for a speedy recovery for you too!

@funshipfreddie scary statistic, how good we found this site.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 540 total)

You must be logged in to reply.