November 2019 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 537 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 540 total)

• Day 9 UK NFD

Day10 UK NFD

Yesterday’s fast was quite a battle. I had a headache so couldn’t use the rainy day to get any work done online and so was just flitting from one thing to another, but I did it, just ate a plate of leftover Pumpkin and Pineapple bean casserole at about 5pm and left it at that despite lots of cravings. I can fight them off wheen I need to. But no big weight change this morning. Still above 150lbs. The first few days was probably water weight and the fat itself is harder to shift. Anyway the other markers of success are that the swelling and redness has now greatly reduced in my hands and they didn’t hurt at all when I was out feeding the animals in that cold rain yesterday. A couple of months ago that would have been agony. And my breathing is back to normal too, albeit with the help of the inhaler. So weight loss or not this is necessary.

@ Flourbaby I had been doing that heating up after eating thing all the time but it hasn’t happened since I went back to fasting. I think it is a hormonal, post menopausal thing. I have had a more even nighttime temperature too. Yet another incentive to fast!

@songbirdme I have always been a big reader. But lately my eyes are not as cooperative and I need really bright light to do it and I have a tendency to fall asleep as soon as I start. To a large extent I have substituted watching tv series for reading these days which I never would have expected as for years I simply didn’t watch tv at all. But watching without adds or having to wait for new episodes is much more like reading, and as almost everything I watch has subtitles it actually is reading too!

Day 10 Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Training myself ready for early rising again. Back to work on Tuesday. I could so easily get used to lying in!

@fatrabbit: Good to hear you are getting some noticable health improvements. I admire you being able to power through a FD…I seem to give in at the slightest hunger pang these days….Grrrr.

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@songbirdme – I love reading; anything! My Kindle is never far from me. I like fiction, mostly crime stuff. But I like nonfiction too. I’m fascinated by anything to do with eastern philosophy/Buddhism. I just started Michael Epstein’s ‘Going to Pieces Without Falling Apart’. But I’ll read just about anything. I recently read a couple of Rosamund Pilcher books: I really liked ‘The Shell Seekers’. I also just reread Dan Harris’ ‘10% Happier’; I love his sardonic humour. Sam Harris’ ‘Waking Up’ is brilliant. I used to like Stephen King, but he got too weird. And James Patterson, until ‘Four Blind Mice’, when it just seemed like he was rehashing all his previous books. James Herriot, Sidney Sheldon, Jeffrey Archer, Augusten Burroughs… So many books – so little time!

It’s a gloomy, wet day here. A perfect day for reading.

Happy S🌞nday!

Day 10 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Wowsees, I have totted up yesterday’s calorie intake and it’s through the roof! That’s despite opting for the vegetarian breakfast at the little cafe where DH brought me for breakfast, and despite not having lunch. Who knew a hash brown is 150 calories! And white toast with butter is laden with calories!

Anyway, it’s a good exercise for me logging everything, it will take me a while to get used to it, but I know better now where those pesky weekend calories come from.

Today my Grandaughter is coming down to us, her mum is dropping her off while she starts her Christmas shopping 😱😱 (already) but she (stepdaughter) wants to go for food later. So that will be something I will have to work around…pub lunches are not generally super healthy!!!!

Back to the fasting wagon tomorrow but going to enjoy today and hoping all will be ok for the start of the week 👍

Day 9 UK NFD
    Day 10 UK NFD

A bit disappointed that the scales didn’t move at all following my very good fasting week! Grrr… Well done to those getting good results this week and next week is a new challenge!

Day 10 UK NFD but planning a controlled eating day

A glorious autumn day here after days of rain. I’m looking out of my bedroom window through trees glowing with red and yellow leaves to a blue sky. I have time to catch up on the posts over the last few days,and as a bonus I weighed myself yesterday and I lost 1.5 lbs last week. So I’m feeling good!

I’m also an avid reader, I have been part of the same book group for nearly 20 years. We meet every month and discuss a book chosen by one of us, but after so long it’s like a little therapy group as well, we talk about anything and everything, and over the years we have supported each other through various traumas, illnesses and bereavements. I feel very lucky.

@fatrabbit, @ciren2 and anyone else who is experiencing inflammation or other chronic health conditions, I hope that you are feeling OK. One of my major motivators is that I have arthritis in my knees, which has started to impact on the quality of my life over the last couple of years. I know from experience that every pound I lose makes a difference to the pressure on my knees, and I am resolved to head into my sixties at a healthy weight. That gives me 3 years to get there, which I figure is a sensible target given that I’ve been overweight for 30 years.

@rabbette thank you for the delicious sounding idea of hot water with a clove-spiked slice of orange, I’m going to try that this evening.

Sending best wishes to everyone for a happy and peaceful Remembrance Sunday

@dahliafan: I think you have every chance to lose 30 pounds in three years with 5:2. There you are; you lost 1.5lbs last week already! There is nothing like weight loss to motivate you.
    Just for interest: way back in 2016, when I started 5:2 myself. I was 62 and 28 pounds overweight and had been half my life since I had my daughter. For the first time something worked! Because it was, basically, only two days a week. It took me four months to lose ALL the excess weight. It felt amazing that I could do this.
    Then the harder part starts….but there are quite a few on here who have successfully maintained going right back to 2016.
    So you can certainly do it.

Day 10 NFD California

I’m a huge reader also, mostly non fiction at the moment with psychology, finance and personal development being big topics at the moment. Life got exponentially better when I discovered the public library now has ebooks and I constantly have a wish list and wait list queued up! I loved the movie Sabrina where at the beginning she talks about how her father became a chauffer to have more time to read!!

Good fast days and I’m keeping my weight stable and doing my weight exercises. Today I have promised myself a margarita and a few other treats because it’s a NFD and a three day weekend 🙂

Happy Sunday everyone.

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Glad to see we have some other readers around here. I just wish I could read while doing an exercise bike at home… I see people at the gym doing it, but we don’t have a bike here.

Onward and downward.

Day 11, Aus, FD

Yay for a FD! It’s much needed. I did not log in over the weekend but I am chuckling at all the above average wine consumers out there. I’m in that club too.

Good luck for your MRI today, @ciren2.

Thanks for the leg raising tips @rabbette. I’m doing them now! (I have one of those stand up desks at work which I love.)

I’m a reader, @songbirdme. I’ve got wide tastes but tend to read a lot of crime fiction (easily consumable). I do enjoy what I think of as more pure literature (A Gentleman in Moscow was a recent one I liked) and I’m currently re-reading the Harry Potter series. Someone (can’t remember who, but thank you!) last month mentioned an author Sandra Brown; I found one of hers and enjoyed it. It’s rare that I read an actual book (my HP series an exception); I took to e-reading like a duck to water. So much easier to travel with one tablet, than a suitcase full of books which I used to do.

Memorial Day today – lots to remember. Also thinking of all those affected by bushfires across this big, dry country of mine.

Day 11 Pocket list:
    @penz

Day 11 – Japan – WFD #80 in 2019

Still programming … my mind is consumed with code. This weekend I think found 12 bugs in 10 lines of code I wrote.

Day 10 Ohio, US — NFD (62 bites)
    Day 9 — NFD (64 bites)
    Day 8 — MFD

The fasting went well on Friday, and when I weighed in on Saturday morning, I had lost a pound over the last week. So the walking 10K steps a day was more important than the relaxed eating of the week. This week I’m back to counting bites (mouthfuls) since for me that appears to be the most efficient way of controlling my eating on NFD’s.

I got my laptop back from the shop today, so my posting is getting back up to snuff. Working with a tablet just isn’t as smooth for logging in daily posts.

@rabbette I’m with you on the hot water and tea in cold weather. My favorites are ginseng, green tea, and rooibos tea. A number of years ago there was a lot of talk about a “hibernation instinct” prompting people to eat a little more as the coldest season approaches. Supposedly that’s why there is so much holiday eating in November and December in the northern hemisphere. I’m not sure if that is operative for me, but on the flip side I definitely find a natural desire to eat less as the warmest season approaches.

@dykask Better finding the bugs than otherwise! My first programming prof had a way of “encouraging” people to write perfect code: If our code ran on the first pass, it would get an “A”. If it took two passes, then we’d get a “B”, and so on. When I had an internship, my first project involved making modifications on a program for which there was a 60 page handwritten “manual” of notes. Thanks to that prof, apparently I was the first intern to get the task done and have it run the first time.

Thanks to all who recommended the Jack Reacher novels. On the way back from picking up my laptop this afternoon, I stopped at a local bookstore and picked up “Killing Floor” and am about a quarter way through it. Child does write a fast-paced narrative that’s hard to put down!

Day 11 Pocket list:
    @penz
    @matpi

Day 11 UK FD

The initial enthusiasm is wearing off. I need to make this routine now in order to stick with it.

Day 11: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Last day of my holidays, plus MRI this afternoon. Should be interesting.
    @fatrabbit: Good Luck for today. Think of one day at a time…

Day 11 Pocket List:

@penz
    @matpi
    @fatrabbit

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Pocket List – Day 11 🍏
    @penz
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @fatrabbit
    @funshipfreddie

Day 11, Emden Germany, NFD
    Day 10 NFD

@ciren2 hope the MRI goes well today, stay calm.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Pure vanilla 5:2 this week and mindful NFD’s at the weekend. So, although today I am up from my weigh in on Friday, I am nearly 2lb down from last Mondays weigh in, so I am calling it a 2lb loss. And then we see how Friday’s marker will be.

I have today’s FD food plugged into MFP, less than 300 cals but I will probably take something at bedtime to being it up to 500 (I find a bedtime snack to be really beneficial to get me to sleep and to stay sleeping).

I love the chatter from all you readers out there. I used to be a voracious reader, but with the advent of Instagram, Facebook and the like I don’t read as much as I used to. I don’t like e-books either. I had bought a Stephen King on holiday but never got to open it until last week……a couple of pages in and I realised I had already read it. Grrr! I actually love travel books, and Bill Bryson is hilarious. I see some have mentioned books from him, I might go searching out.

@ciren2 thinking of you and your MRI today.

We’ll have a great FD today, I reckon it will be a long list.

Day 11 UK NFD

@ciren2 thank you for the words of encouragement. I’m with @fatrabbit, I find it challenging to keep going once the novelty becomes more of a routine. I think I need to make a conscious decision to reframe this to a way of life rather than a temporary adjustment. I’ve been looking at some of the really long threads on the site like the Southern Hemispherites, and there are some amazing folk on there like @cinque who have just incorporated fasting into the rhythm of their lives for the long term. So that’s my goal!

I have a different challenge this week because I am on a late shift at work this evening so I will be at work until the early hours of tomorrow morning. These come around every two or three weeks so I need to find a way to manage them. I’m going to have a sensible NFD today and then fast tomorrow and see how that goes.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week, @ciren joining everyone else in hoping that the MRI goes well

Day 11 UK FD

Happy with last weeks FDs the other 5 not so much So that’s what I’m working on this week Have a good one all – 🤞for the MRI @ciren2

Day 11 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Monday again and another FD 🙂
    Pocket List – Day 11 🍏
    @penz
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @fatrabbit
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear

Together we are stronger.

Day 11UK FD

Enjoying reading all the posts from this amazing support group! Those and the daily check in helps keep me on track…. hopefully. Almost half way through the month and the scales remain stubborn although I do feel thinner and clothes are fitting better. Sticking with it and hoping for some downward movement on the scales!

Day 11 Canton OH WFD1

Hello my friends, guess who is back!

A lot has happened in my life since I took a break from this forum. I started and completed a Master’s program in Nursing, finished a major project at work, got a new job, my oldest started driving… and dating with all the headaches that come with it.

I considered re-joining the challenges but just could not make it work. This morning I knew it was time to return. Good to see you again fatrabbit, good to see everyone! I need to get caught up on posts but wanted to say hi to everyone and start posting again.

I am celebrating my return with a 4 day water-fast. During my break from the forum, I stuck to 16:8 TRE but did not keep track of calories. The scale responded accordingly, I have gained a few but am still within normal BMI. My doc is happy, I am happy because clothes still fit, and being a woman of a certain age I think additional padding is not a bad idea to keep the wrinkles away. Oh and by the way, I am officially premenopausal; hot flashes and all. I used to be so cold when I would water-fast; that would be heavenly now. So…jumping right in – It feels so good to be back!

Pocket List – Day 11
    @penz
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @fatrabbit
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @basyjames WFD1
    Together we are stronger.

Day 11 UK FD
    Day 10 UK EFS

First FD since early September & going to make it a WFD. There’s something about the starkness of simply drinking – hopefully get me drinking more (!) as well as fasting.

Yesterday was an unexpected EFS bc I didn’t plan – despite knowing it was a whole day out around a community party. Need to get back into the routine of planning and self-discipline and away from the easy temptations and distractions that come with being tired.

Today – yoga, meditation, water (and black coffee, vegemite tea, ginger tea) and an early night. V happy to be back and posting for accountability – hugely helpful part of the scaffolding that supports my healthier, happier self. Future Me will be very happy that I climbed back on the waggon…

@basyjames welcome back! x 🙂

Pocket List – Day 11
    @penz
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @fatrabbit
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @basyjames WFD1
    @michelinme

USA Day 11 FD

Jumping back in here for accountability in order to repair the weekend’s wine damage!! LOL

Pocket List – Day 11
    @penz
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @fatrabbit
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @basyjames WFD1
    @michelinme
    @ccco

Good luck and have a great day, everybody!

Day 11 FD country West Australia
    Had a late shift at work then choir practice so able to fast relatively easily.
    The scales are remaining stubborn like @mia139 but I am not giving in or up.
    @basyjames, good to hear from you.
    Had a minute’s silence at 11am to remember all those who fought or contributed in WWI and other wars too.
    We are blessed by their efforts and sacrifice.
    Thoughts and prayers are with those in the Eastern States of Australia facing the horrific bushfires.
    What a nightmare. Hope you all stay safe.🙏

Day 11- Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

Looking forward to conquering this week. Gonna start off with a Monday FD to set the tone for the week!! Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Had the MRI….spent a good 20 minutes lying still on my back in the tunnel with classic FM blasting in my earplugged ears, as well as a variety of loud repetitive noises lasting in bouts of three or four minutes at a time. Also a cold breeze blowing on my bare arms made me rather wish I’d worn something with long sleeves! Anyway, what I’m hoping is that whatever is causing my pains will show up! I’m due to see the MSKAP person again next week to find out the results.
    One bad thing: They weighed me and I was well up after a week of free eating on holiday. Grrr…maybe the scales were wrong!

Day 11, VA, USA, WFD

Interesting observation – my water % keeps going down and fat % has went up!

Well here goes something – Embarking on my 5 day water fast for health and the added benefit of possibly shedding a few lbs would be a nice bonus. As I had contemplated when I wanted to do my 5 WFDs I found that yesterday even tho I started with just water for the morning… (which I thought about starting the Water Fast then) but somehow got this craving for a very flavorful dinner, before I did this challenge. My Sweetheart and I ordered Chinese takeout (which will give them leftovers for tonight and tomorrow.)

My washing machine has been a bit sassy lately and not wanting to finish out the last spin cycle. I looked at getting a new pair and really don’t feel like spending the $1,400 to 1,800 on that AND the fact that both me or my sweetheart can not move heavy appliances right now b/c of our dang toe injuries. I don’t know how old the set is that I have as they came with the house 4 years ago. They are ARMANAs which are not fancy but they do offer functions that I didn’t realize don’t come standard anymore on the other washers (such as just using cold water) Like when did that become a feature that I would need to make sure that it had!!! Seriously its better for your clothes to wash them in cold water most of the time. <sigh> I also do not care for the dryer that tries to tell me by sensing when the clothes are done (I had a used one of those and guess what was the first thing to malfunction… that sensor.) So it beeped ALL the TIME! Oh my gosh!

I’ve had a bit more laundry because lately I’ve been dressing in layers. Which is new for me since I am typically so warm natured. I don’t know if it really is the weather or maybe I don’t have as much insulation (aka fat) to keep me warm? Did anyone else have this happen to them when you guys/gals lost weight?

And all you readers out there, good on ya. I’m dyslexic I tend to read or listen to self-help books or books that research a topic such as language or time. OR books that teach you how to make or build something. I love learning. (I love fantasy fiction but I think because reading is a challenge for me I tend to lean toward things that will teach me something (I seem to love utilitarian items which may be the reason I love books that teach me something.) looks like @rafiki44 we may have some common interest in books and YES ebooks from the library FTW!

@fatrabbit – I had to look up Pumpkin and Pineapple bean casserole. I found a “chili/soup” version and a “sweet potato casserole” version (although no beans in that one) Both sound delightful and can’t wait to make one next week or so. Fun Fact (I teach yoga, however I don’t like repetitive exercise either, I rather do a chore and get my exercise too) With that said, I will work in leg raises with my house chores/cooking/brush teeth etc. b/c Its nearly impossible for me to get that particular movement otherwise.

@daffodil2010 – Yes I totally forgo toast and butter, not worth it to me. I’ll eat something else WAY more worth the calories I’m going to stuff into my face.

@mia139 – I feel ya, I’ve stalled a bit as I’ve been about 3 weeks at the same numbers despite the fasting, but typically something does start to shift so stay strong.

@dahliafan – Mmmmm just you wait even just an orange slice is quite awesome in hot water. (Going to go make that now)

@songbirdme – I think the movement of exercise bike would make me nauseous while trying to read, but what about listening to a book?

@dykask – that is the worst with programming when you are doing sooo much that it just then feels like you are constantly have to fix it more than actually write it. (I did a tiny bit of it back in the day) Keep that water in ya and let your focus flow!

@matip – oh that is a brilliant idea from your professor to get better coding (a little bit harsh too but really in the long run OR should I say short run? Haha it would be quite helpful)

@ciren2 – awe your poor leg/buttocks/hip hoping MRI will give some insight.

@basyjames – Hi, congrats on your Masters in Nursing and new job AND the oldest driving! Oh My Gosh! I’ll be with you on this WFDs! I’m going for 5 of em.

Pocket List – Day 11
    @penz
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @fatrabbit
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @basyjames WFD1
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @rabbette

Day 10 CD
    Day 11 FD Oxfordshire, UK

my FD on day 9 seemed to sort the scales out. I was still up 100g but that’s ok with me. Haven’t weighed after the CD, but I don’t think I overdid it too much.
    Today’s fast is going ok. An impromptu French class this afternoon helped take my mind away from food.
    @ciren2 glad the MRI is over, I hope the results show what’s wrong.
    a new week is full of new possibilities.

2nd post

Good FD so far, I haven’t eaten anything yet but am heating up my soup for my OMAD b

And yes @rabbette I always felt the cold when I lost weight. That time I lost 50lb I spent that winter freezing in my clothes 😀

Welcome back @basyjames, you were missed!!! ☺️

2nd post

Amazingly have managed a WFD, with some marmite tea & ginger tea – checking in for accountability bc that seems to be working at last!

It’s amazingly freeing to decide not to eat – lots more time in the day when not thinking around food prep. Not drunk as much as I thought I would, but more than recently. Done some yoga & medtiation – yay! – had an early bath and brushed my teeth. Just waiting for a phone call then I’m going to get a very early night – bliss!

@ciren2 glad your MRI went ok – fingers crossed for the results
    @rabbette i felt really cold when I lost weight – the whole of last winter I kept saying “skinny people feel the cold”. perhaps that’s why I’ve been tempted to go into hibernation mode – eat more, put on some extra insulation 🙂

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

Woke up to about 4-5″ of new snow, but it seems to have stopped now. Looks like we will go ahead with Choral Society rehearsal tonight. Since I direct it, likely it would have been up to me if we needed to cancel.

I made a big pot of chile yesterday in my Crock Pot. It will be great on our cold, snowy days ahead. Put a couple containers in the freezer too.

So fun reading about other readers and what you enjoy. I recently read “Anna Karenina” as I had seen at least twice that it was the best novel ever written. I wasn’t that enthralled with it, even though I got an edition that had lots of helps -historical explanation notes and even family tree information with all the nicknames of characters, etc. It was good, but not my best ever.

I would agree with another person’s evaluation that Kenneth Follett tells the best stories, both his Century Trilogy and “Pillars of the Earth”/”Fall of Giants.” They are indeed tomes but well worth the effort.

@daffodil2010 – my FD’s always have me cold and reaching for my hot packs (2# of rice I heat up in the microwave)to warm up my hands, feet, or whatever.

Onward and downward.

Day 12, Aus, FD

Had a v stressful phone call last night which prompted me to say to my OH “I need a martini!” He asked if I was using the phone call as an excuse, which I was. Which SHOULD have been the mental check I needed to save my FD. But oh no, I fell face first into a martini, and of course, because I’d not eaten all day, it went straight to my head, which was another excuse to have dinner.

So, trying again for a FD today.

Day 12 CD country West Australia
    Up early as we have sheep work to do today- always good for exercise!
    I have only just started catching up with all the posts this month.
    It seems many of us are readers. I belong to a bookclub which has been going for over 35 years and is an eclectic group as on here.
    Currently reading ‘The Brain that Changes itself’ a fascinating read about brain plasticity and how people have managed to teach them selves to overcome great difficulties and to do extraordinary things by changing their brain.
    I also have by my bed – The Clever Guts Diet; Gut by Guilt Enders; The Blood Sugar Diet. All good reading but sadly the spirit is willing but the flesh ( willpower)is weak.
    @rabbette good luck with 5 day WF. Not sure I could do that just yet.
    @ciren2 good luck with MRI results.
    @michelinme, welcome back
    @dykask, good luck with the programming. I HATE computers WITH. A . PASSION!!!!!!
    I use computers a lot at work but never really understood them and have SO much difficulty with them, grrrrrr…….
    @daffodil2010, I don’t really like counting calories and I didn’t ever do it before starting 5:2 but found that I had NO idea of how much I was overeating/ consuming until I started crunching the numbers and wow! what a wake up call that was.
    Those pesky little calories hide themselves in everything. Most noticeably in things like flat white coffees in my case. Thinking I was doing well on a FD it only took a couple of those bad boys (bad girls??) to find I had consumed 2/3 of my daily allowance.😲😮😱😱
    I also have more than 30 mis of milk in my tea so that was all adding up unbeknownst to me.
    I am much more careful on FDs but especially on NFDs to keep under/to my TDEE.😇

Day 12: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Just a quick call-in because I’m back at work after over a week of holidays! Up early, breakfasted, and must get my act together!
    MRI over so I’m going back onto the anti-inflamatories as I NEED them…
    @basyjames: Hello and good to see you back……straight into a run of water fasts too. You’re amazing!
    Any kind of cutting back would suit me right now! If only I had some willpower…

Must fly……see you all later xx

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Had another successful FD/oatmeal day, & I finally got back to my maintenance weight. And I intend to stay there!

@daffodil2010 – MFP really is an gamechanger; keeps me on my best behaviour, so long as I remember to log everything.

@ciren2 – good luck with your MRI results. It must have felt weird lying in there for 20 minutes? I’ve only seen those things on TV. I never thought of myself as claustrophobic, until we had a drill on one of the ships I was working on. They crammed dozens of us into a lifeboat, whilst wearing lifejackets. It was horrific, and a really hot day. I think I was seconds away from having a full-blown panic attack. I only got through it by closing my eyes and imagining green fields. Maybe I just needed Classic FM?!

@penz – a Pocket List of one so far! No sneaky martinis today 😉 🍸. I love those glasses; a pity I don’t like martinis

Pocket List – Day 12
    @penz

Day 12 – Ireland – NFD

Good FD yesterday, less than 400 cals in total. Today’s NFD plugged in and it will be 1200 cals which is 400 lower than my TDEE but exactly what MFP says I should be eating if I want to lose 1-2lb a week 😳

In fact the messages on MFP are annoying. Most days it’s telling me I am eating far too little, blah blah blah, health and nutrition, blah blah blah, then when I plugged in the weekend calories, the lecturing message I got was “if every day was like today you will have gained 20lbs by New Year”……….sheesh…🙄🙄🙄🙄……give me this helpful forum for support all the time !

@lilymartin this is my first time really crunching the calorie numbers. I was relatively successful for years without the count, but 2019 has been difficult, what with a 9 month plateau and now an unexpected weight gain…..so I am finding it very interesting. And yes, black coffees only on an NFD, that milk does push up the allowance.

@penz oh I sympathise. Hope you will be ok today. Letting you in on something……I haven’t had TOM since August, which I am delighted about and hoping it means I am nearly through with it, BUT, yesterday I told myself that if I did get TOM, then I would be so upset that I was going to console myself with wine …blushes…I mean… Seriously??. Hey ho!! Thus is my mind tripping me up 😉

Have a great Tuesday all.

Day 12 UK FD

Yesterday was an abject failure so I am trying again. I started eating early and kept going even resorting to pinching my sister’s Doritos in the evening. I have such a disgusting taste in my mouth this morning!! Yuk!! Hopefully I won’t do that again, I can feel a headache lurking too.

Lots of work today so fasting should be much easier. I just need to dodge the rain.

Day 12 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Monday FD went to plan, now looking forward to DAFD breakfast which always tastes fab.

@funshipfreddie congratulations on reaching maintenance, I’ve found maintaining requires vigilance! I’ve accepted 5:2 has to be my WOL to hold my weight stable, no hardship I am now into a routine of Monday and Thursday FDs, Tuesday and Wednesday I eat within TDEE and weekends I relax and enjoy 🍷 Good luck in finding a maintenance plan that suits you, it may take a little trial and error.

@penz been there, done that! Hope today’s FD goes well 🤗

I was informed yesterday that we are only 6 weeks away from Christmas. This is motivating me to stay mindful as we approach the silly season of December’s food and drinks everywhere. I know in the end resistance will be futile, but I don’t want to be feasting for weeks so I’m planning to be very good for the next 5 weeks to make sure I have some wriggle room to enjoy Christmas and New Year week 😇🤞

Keep on keeping on Tuesday fasters.

Day 12, London, UK, FD

I seem to have lost a couple of days, I haven’t posted since Day 9!! That’s unheard of for me unless I’m on holiday!! I was super busy moving furniture and ‘stuff’ to the garage for the leaky roof inspection this week, with the help of my brothers, who requested payment in wine followed by one of them cooking dinner …………… with wine!!! So, with willpower at an all-time low, I had a white submarine roll yesterday with coronation chicken and avocado for lunch, then pasta for dinner …………… with the remaining wine!!! I’m such a donkey!!!

I seem to be struggling to hang onto my mojo, it’s like catching fog. I’ve got it, I’ve got it, I’ve got it ……………………. Actually, I haven’t got it!!

I WILL persevere, since I really have no other option, it’s time to knuckle down……………… again!!

@fatrabbit, as if I needed another reason to belt myself to the wagon, help with balancing my hormones is a biggie!!! Fasting helped with my anxiety (combined with niacin) and sleepless nights (along with magnesium oil & cashews) and general wellbeing!!!! So why, Oh why am I backsliding into anxiety, insomnia, brain-fog and weight gain??????

THERE!!! I’ve talked myself into supergluing by a*se to the wagon; done & done with cheating myself!!!!

@songbirdme, I love to read, I gravitate towards psychological thrillers and as I’ve mentioned before I’m a big Jack Reacher fan. I have a kindle which is full of free books so I can get to know authors new to me or just delete them if they’re pants!! I only buy books by authors I know & love, a chapter or 2 in bed is a must for me!!

@dykask you’re going strong with the WFDs, as for your buggy code, I had a chuckle as I visualised ladybirds within lines of text trying to be inconspicuous ………………… “keep still George, he won’t be able to see us!”

I’m glad to see you’re back with us @basyjames, way to go on getting that Masters & with the 16:8 success!! It’s what I hope maintenance will be like, with a couple of FDs thrown in to compensate for ‘those’ days!!

@ciren2, keeping everything crossed for your results. I had an MRI a while ago which made me realise …………… I’m a little bit claustrophobic, I started to think a disaster had struck & there was nobody left to release me & panic started to set in, my meditation skills deserted me at precisely the wrong moment!!!

Well done @funshipfreddie, now the real work starts in hanging onto maintenance ……………………. Just stay away from those salted peanuts!!!

Once again, @penz & @daffodil2010, we’re on the very same page …………………………….. wine can make anything better, from stressful phone calls, TOM to moving furniture!!!! Got to get the brain re-training going again ……………. Wine does not count as 1 of your 5-a-day nor towards your liquid intake ……………… Empty, empty calories!!!!!

So, that’s my lengthy post having missed a couple of days, back on the wagon, back to being accountable, breathing a sigh of relief and clawing my way back up that damned slippery slope!!! Onward & downwards folks, stay strong!!!

“Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.”

Day 12 UK CD

Fabulous DAFD feeling today after yesterday’s v helpful WFD reset, first FD since early September. Just a couple of mugs of marmite tea and ginger tea, black coffee and water. And 10 hrs sleep has really helped remind me of the joys of self-care. Tempted to throw in another FD day but will settle on extending the fast until this afternoon.

Well done everyone who is in a rhythm. Hang in there if you’re struggling. Sometimes it can feel as tho nothing works and you can’t imagine how you managed before – but all it takes is one thing to click and we’re off again.

Whatever the day brings, go gently

Day 12 CH CD?

@rabbette again thank you for all your good tips, I can imagine that the hair brushing can be very relaxing, going to try that tonight 🙂

My plan to fast on Saturday to avoid a catastrophic weekend didn’t succeed, I tried again Sunday and managed to fast until dinner, but then I had a whole lot of nuts and chocolate, yesterday the same happened… don’t know if I can call it a OMAD? Still haven’t got new scales, I think that has led to my motivation dwindling a bit.

Will try to be mindful today and give it another go tomorrow!
    Good luck to all!

Day 12 Canton Oh FD

So my gangbusters waterfast plan did not work out 🙁 I think i will have to build up to it. I had to help OH with some manual labor and then we decided to go for a swim. I could have technically not eaten but I decide to have a small meal of veggies and protein. I stayed under 500 calories, so I will celebrate that at least. Minimal hot flashes yesterday though, so definitely worth celebrating.

I know I said this before, but it feels so good to be back. I have missed all of you 🙂

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

Woke up to 0′ F. this morning (-17.7 C.) – we heard it was going to get cold, but wow. Far too early to have this cold!

Otherwise all is well. Need to do some housework today since I’m not planning on going out. Got the bird feeders filled yesterday, so they will be happy.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 12 FD

Yesterday’s FD did not go well! I get acid reflux (I think from drinking too much coffee), so I ate more food thinking I could control it. Unfortunately, it ruined my FD but did help with the acid reflux! Today is another day and I will try again (without all the coffee)!

Adding myself to the pocket list,

Pocket List – Day 12
    @penz
    @ccco

Hope everyone has a great day! I’ve been reading the posts, even when I haven’t posted myself. My life has gotten a bit busy lately but I am right in there with you! 🙂

Day 12 UK FD

Yesterday didn’t go so well in the end, I was fine during the day but once I got to work I made the mistake of having a biscuit just because someone was handing them out and that opened the floodgates of mindless snacking. Knowing that I had to be at work until 2am combined with a cupboard crammed with calorific treats meant that I grazed the evening away. A new night shift strategy needed!

Today is going well however, I met friends this morning and managed to resist muffins and stick to mint tea. I feel great, although as others have said I’m freezing cold. I’m telling myself sternly that it’s worth the short term discomfort, and in fact I do feel better than I did yesterday when I ended up with a sugar/carb induced headache. Good luck fellow fasters!

Day 12 UK NFD

Well…in at the deep end back at work!
    I didn’t get my round finished until 3pm. My official finish-time is 1.15pm….ha….ha! Apart from SEVEN lots of unaddressed junk leaflets per address, we have been lumbered with polling cards for the forthcoming elections. These have to be counted (as we get paid per item for these) I had 638. Approximately. There will be another 114 tomorrow, already. All this takes loads of time….then there was the mail of course!
    So, apart from a few squares of 85% chocolate at about 8.30-ish, I ate nothing from my breakfast porridge at 6am until my “too big slap-up coming home meal” at 4.15pm.
    @funshipfreddie: @flourbaby: I don’t suffer from claustophobia in the MRI, but the excessive noises and the fact that I have to lie still flat on my back in it, I find a little stressful. I go back next Tuesday for the results. I will need to finish work earlier than I did today, though!
    @ccco: I’d suggest drinking lots of water (rather than coffee) would help acid reflux….by diluting it, if nothing else.
    @basyjames: You did a successful fast day!

Today’s Pocket-Listers….stay strong!

@penz
    @ccco
    @dahliafan
    @basyjames
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @fatrabbit

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 540 total)

You must be logged in to reply.