November 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 756 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 760 total)

• Day 19, London, UK, NFD

I would love to have a FD today or join you LF-ers, but I know I would just be setting myself up for a fall. So, I’ll aim for control, and look forward to Tue-Thurs’ B2B2B.

I really need to up my water intake, I know it helps flush the system and keep things moving, I’m not sure why I’m avoiding it………….. maybe the colder weather. Herbal teas may be the answer.

Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 19, Surrey (UK), 800 cal FD

Good weekend kicked off with a personal best parkrun – under 35 minutes! I’m a happy tortoise! Much needed FD today though, for overall weight management and for the discipline. I enjoy the sense of achievement for ‘having done’ a FD. My tracker graph shows my weekly weigh ins stable at around 151lbs for the past 6 weeks now, which is close enough to where I want to be, so I’m sticking with 2x 800 cal FDs per week. For now.

@dingping – well done for ditching that difficult task. Sometimes these big decisions really can drain our mental reserves. It’s good when you feel you can move on from a situation that was getting you down, even if it means disappointing someone. Chances are, they won’t have invested so much of themselves as you did – and if they did, hopefully they’ll understand and forgive you. And if they don’t, well, that’s their problem!

Day 19 Pocket List
    @judyjudes
    @cornish-jane
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @annemarilyn
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @fatfingers

Day 19 North Canton OH FD

Prepping for EFSD on Thursday by B2b2B fasting before-hand to condition myself. I find that after protracted fasts I enjoy my food more and I am not able to eat as much as I usually would. This will be my first time doing this, this year and I am curious to see how it turns out. I prepped for this stretch by making a delicious roasted cauliflower soup, which I am looking forward to consuming when I get home.By the way, I have discovered a love for all things cauliflower 

@EmmaTaylor my congratulations on knowing what you do not want. Kudos!

@dingping we love sharing each other’s burdens and I am glad that you are feeling more liberated. I agree with @snowflake56 this forum is a safe space to be, I don’t think I have ever regretted sharing anything here – the support is incredible!

@songbirdme congrats on another successful concert

Day 19 Pocket List
    @judyjudes
    @cornish-jane
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @annemarilyn
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @fatfingers
    @basyjames

Motivational quote of the week:
    Be thankful for what you have and you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you do not have, you will never, ever have enough.
    Oprah Winfrey

Day 19, UK, FD

I feel hungry today, not sure if the cold weather is adding to that feeling. Determined to stay the course though 💪

@lilymartin that course on nutrition for health and healing sounds really interesting, any links that we can check it out online? 🙂

@snowflake56 I noticed too that our @beedoo is awol, @beedoo are you ok?

Day 19 Pocket List
    @judyjudes
    @cornish-jane
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @annemarilyn
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @fatfingers
    @basyjames
    @shinything

Day 19 USA (Illinois) CD

Going to make today a good CD – just OMAD to get back on better track.

For our Choral Society concert yesterday, I decided to wear my Mother-of-the-Bride dress from last summer. Lots of wonderful compliments, and people even commenting on how I have been able to keep off the weight I lost. Yeah for 6:1 maintenance, but most especially THIS GROUP of wonderful supporters. You all are fabulous.

Onward and downward.

Day 19 USA (Colorado) NFD

Hi all! I’m 66, live in the Rocky Mountains, semi-retired with a hubby and 3 adult kids.

Starting a bit late in the month on the 5:2, but I feel I’m now ready. Lost 20 lbs almost a year ago on the 5:2 and had a health issue (blood clot in my lung) which sidelined me. Now need to lose 40 lbs. Tomorrow and Friday will be my FDs this week. Excited to get started and climb what feels like a mountain. One step at a time…Today, I will get a 30-minute walk in. Happy to join all of you!

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @northrancher: welcome. people join us all the time, it doesn’t matter when. We keep the monthly challenges going….ever since @coda started them in May 2016. Everyone here is really friendly and supportive.
    @cornish-jane: well, yes, my job is active, wearing even. Can’t say I’m slim and trim though….just that I would be much fatter if I retired!!
    Still trailing just behind the wagon….

Day 19 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

The whole weekend was a total carb-fest and yet I still managed to lose 0.3kg! That elusive whoosh, perhaps? SO happy to see the scales finally move under 69.5kg, making me hopful that I might finally achieve my end-of-month goal weight, which has been 69.5kg since August!

Good luck to everyone fasting today, sorry I haven’t had a chance to catch up on everyone’s posts.

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@judyjudes
    @cornish-jane
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @annemarilyn
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @fatfingers
    @basyjames
    @shinything
    @moukinator

Florida
    Day 19
    FD today. Weighed in yesterday and gain 1.5 pounds. I must be home. 🙂 Got to get my walking going. It’s so evident when walking all over Spain, it helped keep my weigh in check. The weather has cooled off, so there is no excuse. Although, I’m good at thinking of them.:)
    Everyone have a great day.

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@judyjudes
    @cornish-jane
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @annemarilyn
    @sarahbob
    @missybear
    @fatfingers
    @basyjames
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @kaywesterman

Day 19 Belfast NFD
    I had a wonderful weekend with YS and his girl and was well looked after.
    No usual FD for me today as I’m off for brunch with a friend and then to the BBC for a poetry reading for book week. Will go for a FD tomorrow.

Thank you for your birthday wishes particularly @at, @michelinme, @snowflake 56, and anyone I’ve missed. It’s great to feel loved!

@snowflake56 thank you again for that link. It made so much sense and gives me another avenue to explore. I so agree about the connections in your life, particularly as you get older.
    @shinything – hang in there!
    @ciren2 – I feel for you.
    @annemarilyn – such a roller coaster of emotion. Caring for our elderly parents is so difficult.
    @anna6 – you care for your family so well.

Struggling to catch up with all of the posts. Will try to do so later, but for now, I’m off to my swimming class.

Keep on keeping on!

Day 19 Canada NFD

@debster251 it sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating your birthday!
    @moukinator so glad your patience and perseverance has paid off, a well deserved whoosh
    @northrancher welcome, there are so many successful fasters here you will be at your goal weight for sure.
    @ciren2 think of you every time I get a flyer in my mail box!

Day 19, Gozo, Malta, cfd

At, Annemaryiln, Debster251, songbirdme, and Dingping it was a bit time consuming to organize a surprise party for my sixteenth year old son. It was worth the effort though as he appreciated it and thanked me. The day after on Saturday his friends decided to celebrate it with him again going to a Chinese restaurant and drinking afterwards. SongBirdMe it was his lucky birthday like the golden birthday because the date and years were the same. We have also discovered he has his first girlfriend and they have been dating for about a month.

I can’t seem to have a proper fd. I need to do better. Near the end of the month my OH and I are going for six days to Sicily. I always seem to eat more when abroad.

I need to do better. As I’ve started nibbling again.

Onwards and downwards. Good night 🌙💤😴

I

Debster251 happy belated birthday wishes for you, many happy returns!

Second post …

@debster251 Happy belated Birthday! 🎂 I hope you had a fab day 💃

@debster251. – happy birthday. Hope you had a lovely day.
    How did the liquid fasters get on? I got to about 8 o’clock, went to town for a talk and then free nibbles and wine after. Managed to swerve the wine ( phew) but roasted almonds and veg crisps are soooooooo tempting. So I messed up on the liquid fasting but didn’t eat many nuts and crisps. I should avoid the free nibbles and drinks dos on FDs but I don’t want to miss anything. There’s a lot to pack in….

@debster251 – “Happy birthday, dear Debster ♫♪♫♪ happy birthday to YOU!”

Day 20 – Japan – NFD … Joyful NFD 😀

Actually my WFD was easy, I just really enjoy eating.

I’ve started working on more core body strength. I lost a lot of ground while I was ill but am starting to rebuild. Since it is time consuming for me to go over to a park where there are good bars to use, I’m going to start focusing more on getting to the point where I can do planche which is similar to a plank except one keeps the body straight with the feet in the air, only the hands are on the ground. It requires balance and strength. I have months of work to get there, but if I don’t start I’ll never do it. Once one can do a planche then planche pushups can be done and that is where pushups start getting more advanced.

To bad I didn’t start on this like 40 years ago!

Day 19 Ohio, US — FD(#30)

A pretty good FD. A good rhythm of the FD’s every week is developing.

@emma Taylor I suppose that wine doesn’t count as part of a liquid fast? 😉

@debster251 Happy Belated Birthday Wishes! By the way, which poets were read?

@kaywesterman Like you I need to re-establish a walking routine. My old routine was to walk the dog after supper. But now that it’s dark by 5:15, by the time I transition from work and eat supper, it’s too dark (and cold!!) to do much walking.
    In previous winters the dog and I have walked much less and probably slept more. When spring comes it usually takes us a while to get out walking legs back! Too bad there isn’t an indoor doggie walking track in the area!

@northrancher Welcome! Usually my FD’s are Mondays and Thursdays, but this week I’ll probably need the FD on Friday, since I’ll be eating in a group Thursday. So Friday seems like a perfect day for a FD.

Day 19 Minnesota, USA NFD

Planning on a FD tomorrow. Maybe even adding a FD on Wednesday for B2B FDs.

@debster251 Happy Belated Birthday!!
    @songbirdme Congrats on your concert…it sounds like you had a wonderful day on Sunday, including your Bears beating my Vikings! I don’t begrudge you that victory; I just hope we can beat the Packers next Sunday or the season is more or less over for us this year.
    @matpi I agree it’s hard to get a walk in this time of year. I really do better when I can walk- I sleep better and my appetite decreases. Time to make myself go to the gym and use the track there, I suppose. It’s so much nicer to walk outside but it’s been too cold already. We just didn’t get an Autumn this year.
    Best of luck to everyone.

Day 20, Cornwall UK, NFD

Yesterday’s fast went well.

Found myself talking to my OH the other day about trying to resign my membership of the Tortoise Club, speed up the loss of the last 6kgs, so i can drop to one fast day a week. But i need to change my bad snacking habits to do that. I have to control this constant snacking/grazing on non fast days. Still thinking how to do it.

Off to yoga this morning to an alternate class as my main teacher is away. My alt teacher is a fabulously cool 50ish rock chick and i end her sessions feeling amazing so worth a 20mile round trip and the risk of passing by the sourdough bakery.

Day 20 – Ireland – CD

Happy belated birthday @debster251!
    I am planning a CD today but if I can I’ll make it a FD… Not seeing much change at the moment but it is still early days for me back on the horse and my long spin at the weekend is great but with theses spins comes coffee, cake, energy bars etc so am not letting myself be too disappointed and will plough on.
    Very much enjoying being back in the zone even though I’m finding it tough…. I’d lost my mojo recently and was feeling pretty rubbish as still trying to sort out health issues and have quite a lot of pressures on me at the moment but… This WOL, forum and getting back out in the fresh air is my fix.
    @dingping I too find myself taking on too much than I can chew and then feel guilty if I can’t follow through… I’m slowly learning to Pace myself in that respect…and to stop apologizing for it…
    Wishing you all a great day! Thanks for being there!
    Onward and downward!

Day 20, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

I’m back on the B2B2Bs for the final November push; although maintaining, I have definitely taken my foot off the gas!!!

I need to bank some FDs before the Xmas festivities begin in earnest, so the name of the game, until at least 23rd December, is CONTROL.

I’ll try to catch-up & comment on posts a bit later ……………. busy, busy, busy!!!

Wishing you all the best, stay strong people!!!

Day 20 Wales NFD

I did it!!! My first water FD yesterday…….lots of water, calorie free herbal teas, black coffee and 2 mugs of Marmite tea = around 40 calories. It wasn’t anything like as difficult as I’d anticipated. Pleased I’ve been able to do a WFD as this is a new tool in my maintenance strategy……I won’t do it every week but it should help me cope with maintenance over the December festivities.

I haven’t eaten since 7pm Sunday so I am really going to enjoy my breakfast of blueberries, apple, nuts and Greek yogurt now.

Keep on keeping on everyone…..you will surprise yourself at just what you can achieve 😉

Day 20 UK NFD

Travelling later today aiming to stay controlled. Resisted yesterday excessive munching of Ginger Nuts that were bought into the house yesterday and OH eating other sweet treats.

@debster251 – glad you enjoyed your birthday weekend, belated congratulations and best wishes for a beautiful year ahead.

@fatfingers – it wasn’t easy telling my friends I couldn’t help them anymore, they took it well but I could feel their disappointment but I know they respect my decision and won’t hold it against me.
    Well done on the park run you’ve found your thing!

@jaifaim – I have a lot of works in progress and ditching things that are just making me feel bad/unhappy is one of them, life is too short at my age to carry that around, finally listening to rational thoughts and applying the advice I’d give others to me.

@basyjames – being anonymous here can be liberating I appreciate the diversity of life experiences and hearing everyone’s stories puts your own into perspective. There’s a lot of love and wisdom here and I’m very grateful for it.

@anna6 – sixteen such a transition age, yet still full of teenage embarrassment and rebellion! Your son and family are lucky to have you making their worlds safe and loved.

@moukinator – yay a whoosh!

@cornish-jane and @anna6 – do you think it’s the darker nights and colder weather is making you nibble?

@songbirdme – lovely to hear those comments, such a lift.

@matpi, @northerndawn and @kaywesterman – walking is one of those good habits I’ve let slip, trying hard to pick up the strands and forcing myself out into these variable autumn days and the Christmas lights that are starting to appear are brightening up the evenings.

@northrancher – welcome, glad to hear you’re well on the road to recovery following your health issues and wish you well in picking up this WOL again.

Well done yesterday’s water fasters, not bagged that skill yet!

Have a good day all.
    Ta x

Day 20 USA (Illinois – travel) NFD

Yesterday’s CD was excellent – ended up about 600 calories. That included a Silver Sneakers class as well.

Really can’t stay here, as much as I enjoy you all, but heading to O’Hare Airport this morning to travel to DD,SIL and GD’s in Utah. As much as I hate traveling at Thanksgiving time, I am looking forward to being with them for a while!

Onward and downward.

Day 20 North Canton Ohio CD

So today was supposed to be a FD but I went to a year end meeting and consumed a pastry, so I’ll transition to a CD instead.

Remember that commercial I told you guys about? It’s out now and it’s everywhere: on tv, on the radio, on a billboard and at the mall. Definitely surreal!

I hope to get some work done today, will catch up on posts later.

Cha,cha, chao!!

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    My day off work today….packed (not) with exciting things! Morning; acupuncture for ongoing aches pains and strains. My plantar fasciitis is almost better now and not causing me a problem, it’s the other bits now!
    Next day off I’m having a long-awaited cortisone injection in my arthritic wrists….x-ray guided at the local hospital (ouch, ouch).
    Afternoon; dentist for a repair of the second broken tooth. I had the first done last week. Because I’m a coward, I have finally used up my Valium tablets which expired in Nov 2016! Apparently still effective for 8 years beyond the “use by” date. I don’t like wasting tablets.
    @missybear: well done on your first liquid fast.
    @flourbaby, and all others on maintenance…I admire you SO much.
    @debster251: Hope you had a fantastic birthday…..sorry I missed it.
    @bellyblast: Thanks….I know we all hate those flyers! We used to get paid per item, but then a few years ago a sum was incorporated into our wages (which wasn’t in our favour) so there’s no incentive. (especially when there’s more than three).

DAY 20 – UK – NFD

Day 20 Belfast FD
    A doggy walk and Pilates under my belt and feeling good.
    Funny, in real life I never would have mentioned it was my birthday but I actually really enjoy all those birthday wishes so thank you for making my day special. Thank you Bellyblast, Anna6, Shinything, EmmaTaylor, Songbirdme, matpi, NorthernDawn, j’aifaim and DingPing.
    @dykask I think we can all echo your sentiment about starting 40 years ago.
    @dingping – learning to say ‘no’ is one of life’s hardest lessons. Well done.
    @matpi – OH brought home a Christmas light up harness for the dog. Would one of those encourage you to go out in the dark!?
    You can’t beat a good Yoga teacher @ Cornish-Jane. I usually try to catch a drop in class, but you have inspired to sign up for January’s 6 week class. 👍

The poetry reading was amazing yesterday. It made me realise that I am missing some creativity in my life.

Stay strong one and all 💪💪💪💪💪

Second post
    @ciren2 – thank you and double ouch!

Day 20 – UK – CD
    Day 19 – FD (431cals)

After our early morning Broga class yesterday I had a light brunch out with OH then did a water fast until 1130hrs (26hrs) today when I broke my fast with half a scone with jam and cream and a cup of tea after our Tuesday walk (shared with a friend!)

Much needed haircut and colour this afternoon – feel like a new woman now 😀

@annemarilyn – good to hear that your parents are a bit more settled and you are happier with the arrangements 🤗
    @dingping – thank you – I still count my lucky stars I found this WOL – cannot believe how well it works for me and that I can still enjoy all the food/drink that gives me pleasure just in moderation!
    @northrancher – welcome on board to the November challenge – these monthly challenges are amazingly supportive friendly
    @missybear – well done on your first WFD – bet that breakfast tasted good 😋
    @dingping @matpi @northerndawn and @kaywesterman – I can vouch how great walking is for you, not only do you get some exercise but also being out in the fresh air is great for your mental wellbeing – I walk twice a week with a group and at least on 1/2 other days with my OH or on my own – love being on my own sometime as I get to really appreciate the scenery and clear my thoughts ☺️
    @ciren2 – sounds like an MOT day for your body 😉 seriously good news regarding your plantar fasciitis!!!

Off to do an extra yoga class this evening at 6pm – I had one to catch up…….I have a healthy salad made and ready for me to eat when I return so today will definitely be a CD

Remember that “The best investment you can make is in yourself”

Day 20 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Planning on breaking my WFD begun at 7PM Sunday through probably 1 PM today – 42 hours. Looking forward to breaking it with breakfast food. It’s good any time of day in my estimation. Good for @missybear for making it through with liquid only for the 1st time. I drank warm water with a little lemon, black coffee, herbal tea & lots of water.

@debster251 – belated birthday greetings! Glad you had a lovely birthday weekend!

@cornish-jane – It’s lovely that your waist was down even when the scale remained the same. I need to measure my waist again. I’ve decided that my goal is to get to at least .5 on my waist to height ratio rather than the BMI.

@dingping – a waffle feed is not uniquely a house warming tradition. My brother & sister-in-law are known for their waffle feeds & had promised my son one some time ago on a previous visit. They said they were fulfilling their promise. Yes, my mom is dealing with dementia brought on initially in the fall of 2009 by too much prednizone (sp?) for too long. My dad keeps praying for a miracle to get his sweetheart back.

@basyjames – is it too much work to share your roasted cauliflower soup? I too am into things cauliflower. For Thanksgiving, which I’m hosting Thursday, I’m planning on using some cauliflower stuffing from Trader Joe’s. I was in line buying some cauliflower to make stuffing from scratch and the cashier showed me what was in the freezer already made. It looks yummy.
    So you’re seeing yourself all over the place. Any way to give us a link?

@ciren2 – so glad your plantar faciitis is improving! Your shots do not sound like fun.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 20 Minnesota, USA FD

It’s noon my time and I am hungry, but have only had coffee and water so far. I’ve been up since 4:30 a.m. as both my OH and my cat were up banging around and I just couldn’t get back to sleep. I’m always hungrier when tired, as most people also experience. Planning on OMAD tonight of soup or possibly and omelette with veg.

Off to DD to babysit 2 year old while she takes 6 year old to Doctor for sore throat, fever, headache, enlarged tonsils. Hoping she will rally by Thursday as DD is hosting her MIL and us for Thanksgiving Dinner. Honestly, it seems we can’t get through a Holiday without someone being sick. Perfectly healthy most other days, though. LOL

@songbirdme Safe travels
    @baseyjames I’d love your roasted cauliflower soup recipe as well. I’ve been trying new soups for each week this month. Planning carrot and coriander tomorrow as I’ve never had it, if you can believe that.
    @annemarilyn Congratulations on your WFD! I’ll use your example for inspiration.

I’ve got to get going. I hope to check in again, later.

Stay strong and the best of luck to everyone.

@annemarilyn, I will be happy to share, I modified the original and it turned out great, I tried to share the link to the commercial or at least the print campaign but was very unsuccessful 🙂

Roasted cauliflower soup:
    1/2 head cauliflower florets chopped
    1 stick celery chopped
    1/2 onion chopped
    1 clove garlic minced
    3tsp avocado oil
    1 slice thick bacon chopped and cooked
    2 oz gruyere cheese
    1 handful of shredded cheddar
    3 cups chicken broth
    1 TBS smoked paprika
    1 TBS Mrs dash seasoning
    1 TBS garlic powder
    1 TBS onion powder
    salt and pepper to taste

Toss cauliflower with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Mrs dash and 1 tsp of avocado oil
    Roast in 400c oven for 20 minutes, toss halfway
    sauté onions and garlic over medium heat in remaining avocado oil until fragrant, add celery and cauliflower, stir continuously for 7 minutes then
    add the broth, reduce heat to low add the bacon,cheese and seasonings to taste. Stir and monitor. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Enjoy!

I made mine the day before because (in my mind) soup always tastes better the next day – after the flavors mingle

Day 20, Guildford UK, CFD

Still no kitchen. But there is heat and hot water.

Still truckin, no loss but working out.

Ankle aches a lot.

Dancing and judo.

Happy related birthday dearest @debster251.

Mari

Day 20 nfd
    Day 19 cd

Fever flared after weekend, yesterday was mostly asleep or dozing listening to Harry potter audiobooks, slept again by 8.30pm. Today was a rest day, caught up with chores and laundry but still in PJs. Tomorrow I will aim to get up, yoga and meditation, start tackling the project work backlog.

Totally flummoxed by laptop harddrive failure at the weekend, while simultaneously my backup laptop died! Trying to function with just my phone while I research a new (eBay) laptop, and it’s hard! No document work, and everything takes so much longer! And I’m hosting November, which would be v tricky on a phone!

Meanwhile i don’t have a single bra that fits well, and my winter wardrobe is now miniscule – as in nothing to wear rather than tiny clothes 😉 Today i gave away a top whose neckline is as wide as my shoulders – how have my shoulders shrunk so much??? I’d love being smaller a bit more if I had clothes, but ATM it all seems either sacks, black dresses or uncomfortably clingy. Must prioritise bra fitting and making sure I’ve got enough clothes to get me through a week at least!

Doing OK on the food front despite Sundays EFS reunion – inc prosecco, nibbles, pizza and chocolate! Monday’s FD was a cd rather than FD, today a 18:6 nfd with late lunch of freshly baked seedy oat bread and salad. But only 100g bread and the rest easily sliced and frozen. Supper was vegetable stew and vegan sausages with a little stewed apple and blackberry.

Caught up with posts but Past my bedtime already -so slow on phone!
    @snowflake56 great post about supporting each other 🙂
    @dingping glad you are feeling better
    @basyjames how exciting! Where can we see your advert? 🙂
    @annemarilyn glad you had a good visit with your family
    @rainbowsmile glad you are dancing again, hope you are soon restored to cooking and electricity too XX

Okay… Bed! Go well, good people x

@michelinme – I can’t remember if you live in the UK, but Uniqlo ( and Sloggi) both do super comfortable pull on bras which are very easy to wear. They have moulded cups which you can remove if you need NO support, but how many of us can say that?
    The Uniqlo ones are £20 and the Sloggi ones are £30, and they are very similar. I’ve chucked away all my uncomfortable bras. Life’s too short…
    Happy Tuesday and Wednesday everyone.

Day 21, Cornwall UK, NFD

All this talk of bras. I had a look at sloggi and may give them a try. Thanks @emmataylor. Because i searched online for bras my family will now get lots of bra adverts on their phones!

Trying to pretend Christmas is not approaching. I feel under pressure to make it fun for everyone. But truthfully i get anxious about all the food on offer as its 24x7x7 temptation. At least in the UK we don’t have Thanksgiving as well!

DAY 21 – UK – NFD

That soup recipe sounds great @basyjames

Day 21 – Ireland – FD

The soup looks delicious @basyjames! I need to get back into soup making – particularly in this wet and cold weather we are having… I’m trying to perfect wet weather commute wear – you would think Ireland that we would have this area sorted…very few waterproof clothes are truly waterproof and breathable……very important!!
    FD for me today and still trying to get to bottom of morning tiredness but sleep study scheduled (thanks to those of you who suggested that) it’s been in process for a number of months but in Ireland you need a referral..and..even with private health insurance and there is a 9 month wait..so will know more in 2019!

Onward and downward! Have a good day all!

Pocket list for today:

@jaifaim

Day 21, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

So, I’ve finally caught up with the weekends’ posts …………………….. I’ve missed an important event!!! Happy Belated B’day @debster251, I expect your YS couldn’t treat you enough!!!!

I’m not blaming you @ciren2, but some unsympathetic person dropped a pizza leaflet through the door yesterday ………………. On a FD!!!, getting home only to be confronted by THAT!!!! I sooooo wanted to eat the leaflet ………… bone broth to the rescue!!! Phew!!!

Thanks for the recipe @basyjames, I’m an avid collector of recipes and cooker of none!!!!! I will get round to trying it ……………. one day!!!! I tend to stick to my own tried & tested family favourites!!

@cornish-jane, I’m with you regarding Xmas anxiety. I want everyone else to have a fantastic time, so the house will be groaning under the weight of booze, chocolate, biscuits and numerous (WHY??!!) cheese boards!!! However, this year, I’m treating it as a challenge to myself to stay mindful, I have 2 weeks off work, so I know that if I throw caution to the wind, I’ll reacquire at least 7-10lbs……………………………. no, No, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!

I’m really looking forward to my lunchtime soup, especially since I had to scrape the 1st ice of this winter from the windscreen this morning…………….. Not happy!!!!

Onward & Downwards folks!!!

Day 20, Gozo, Malta, cfd

Dingping you’re right about teenage years full of embarrassment and rebellion. Except our son wasn’t embarrassed by us he hugged me when I went near him infront of his friends and picked up his neices and nephews. As for rebillion we try to compromise with him and discuss his outings and warn him about drugs and a lot of alcohol. His sisters discuss with him too and he does have his own ideas but he is quite mature for his age and is determined to study medicine. He also has his moods.

Today trying for a cfd as at the moment that’s the best I can do. I made a chicken, walnut, blueberry, avocado, feta, spinach leaves salad with yogurt dressing for lunch and I’m going to cook a beef pilaf for this evening.

Yesterday I made pan a cotta and have one in the fridge. It was calling my name but I refrained and it’s still in the fridge.

Keep on keeping on everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 21 North Canton OH FD
    I need a new bra too, you are right @Emmataylor life is too short. Undergarments that are too tight or too loose are the worst; @michelinme it sounds like a good shopping spree is in your future. I wish we lived close because I would totally love to help you with a makeover. That’s the best part of loosing weight!

I can’t even think of Christmas right now, I have to get through Thanksgiving first

@debster251 happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good time with your family. Another year of wisdom gained to celebrate!

This will be my first mindful holiday season, the maintain don’t gain challenges are really helping; Knowing that I have to step on the scale every Saturday morning and share that image with the group – regardless of how good or bad my food choices have been – has been quite the deterrent. We had a participant drop out and then jump right back in after a week – she gained two pounds without the support!

Here is the motivational quote for the rest of the week:
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races, one after the other
    Walter Elliot

Happy Thanksgiving everyone 🙂 and have a great weekend

Day 21 Minnesota, USA FD (2nd of B2B)

Yesterday’s FD went well with liquids until 5 PM when I had a cup of chicken bone broth and a kale, brussel sprout, lettuce variety- chopped salad with 1 TBS lemon vinaigrette and a TBS of Asiago cheese and an apple an hour later. All came to under 380 cals. That felt great!

Little 6 y/o GrandD has strep throat, and is now on antibiotics but had to miss the “Harvest Festival” at school today: they are not allowed back with strep until on ATB for 24 hours. She was very sad about that. But, DD just texted and said there was a threat called in to one of the elementary schools in her town, so they cancelled all the elementary schools for today, anyway. What a world we live in!

@basyjames….thanks so much for the recipe-it’s sounds wonderful. I’m a lover of all things cheese and I feel that the calories from cheese are perfectly justified by the low calorie content of the cauliflower. 😉

@anna6…your son sounds like a lovely young man! I’m sure he will be successful in whatever he decides to do in life. You can take much of the credit as you are so dedicated to your family and have taught him to love and nurture by your example.

@dykask…your goals simply amaze me! Your attitude towards achieving them is truly inspiring.

@dingping and @jaifaim…I also use to find myself talked into accepting projects and responsibilities that added to my own responsibilities, but I was afraid to offend or disappoint people by saying I could not or did not want to do it. Then I realized that often times, not always, but often enough, the people trying to persuade me to take on these extra responsibilities were manipulating me or others to do what they didn’t want to do themselves. Some people have an uncanny knack for picking up on other people’s vulnerabilities, such as wanting to please others or feeling guilty. And they use that to manipulate.

A very wise friend taught me to always ask myself if a relationship, whether business or personal, is truly reciprocal. Would they do the same for you? Do they help you out, or others? Do both sides benefit? IF NOT, then they are just using you when it’s convenient. And they count on your guilt to keep you cooperative.
    Keep your own best interests in mind and simply make sure yours are treated equal to theirs. And of course, sometimes people just have no idea that what they are asking is too much at that particular time. These people are happy when you speak up and tell them you can’t do it. No hard feelings.

@missybear…congrats on your water fast! I plan to try it in January and February.

@ciren2….I really feel for you with your daughter flying off to Australia soon. You shouldn’t worry about her staying longer than planned, not yet, anyway. She may not like it that much. She may miss you, and her family after a time. My daughter moved away but then wanted us close when she started a family. And as others have said, you’ll have some great trips ahead of you when you go to visit her.

@rainbowsmile…I love the way you balance the positives with the negatives in your post. You are a lesson in gratitude and perseverance!

@michelinme….take care and I hope you get your computer woes straightened out. There’s little in life that is as frustrating as suddenly being without a computer. Best luck bra hunting!

@emma-taylor…I had to laugh when you said you shucked your uncomfortable bras because life is too short. Then I thought…hmmm…good idea! I wonder why I’ve been putting up with a couple that I really don’t like. Shucking them today!

@cornish-jane and @flourbaby…..I also am worried about Christmas bounty this year. I will have son and daughter and their families here, and the older grandkids love their carbs! There will be plenty cheese boards, charcuterie boards, cookies (biscuits), ice creams, and many pasta dishes and deserts (puddings?), as well as healthy vegetables and entrees, but just having all of that stuff around will be extremely hard to resist. I am such a carb addict. Maybe I’ll have to really plan out my own treats and allowances well ahead so that I can control it without feeling as if I’m missing out. Maybe a lot of fruits and only a couple of refined treats. I’ll have to put some thought into it, that is for sure.

Best of luck to everyone today! And Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

2nd post
    Sorry for that long post; I just wanted to respond to as many as I could since I had time, for once. Feel free to skip ahead.

Day 21 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Pretty easy travel day yesterday – airport and plane weren’t nearly as crowded as I feared they might be. Here with DD and her husband who loves to cook, so I will do my best not to overeat for my time here!

I’m off shortly to finish up the shopping for tomorrow’s dinner. It will include wine for sure. 🍷

Onward and downward.

Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Back at work, cold, wet, snowy then blowy with some sun. The joys of working outdoors!
    @flourbaby: It was probably some local eaterie sending those pizza flyers, we keep getting leaflets for curry houses etc. Our dog goes barking mad!
    @northerndawn: I think we will be relying on DD visiting us rather than vice-versa. We can’t face a 23 hour flight and day turned into night, time-wise…if we were younger, maybe, but not now. She promises to visit twice a year (to see her friends too) and says there’s skype, whatsapp etc to keep in touch. Might not be enough if she settles and has children though…

@northerndawn – I hope shucking and chucking are the same thing ( just with the Atlantic between them ). They must be. And WHO invented crisps? ( chips to our American friends). They are the work of the devil. I can’t eat one. I can only eat a hundred…. sigh.

Day 21 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Pocket list for Day 21 –

@jaifaim
    @basyjames
    @flourbaby
    @northerndawn
    @anne Marilyn

Hope I added all who are fasting today. I thought a fast today would be good seeing tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in America.

@basyjames – TY for the recipe. I look forward to trying it soon.

@northerndawn – yes, reciprocal relationships are so important and they are usually glad then for one to speak up without hard feelings. I think the speaking up is one thing I still need to be sure to do. I have sometimes backed off of relationships when I realized they weren’t reciprocal. Figuring out how to express how I feel or what I need in the relationship would be healthy. You’ve given me some things to think about. I appreciate our diverse discussions on various aspects of life on this forum.

@songbirdme – safe travels! Enjoy Thanksgiving with your daughter and family!

Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans tomorrow!

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.