Not overweight, just want to look and feel better

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Not overweight, just want to look and feel better

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m a 33yo male and started on the 800 calorie version of the 5:2 diet at the start of this year. I’d tried the diet once previously with my wife, me on 600 calories, her on 500. I handled my first day alright, but my wife got severe stomach pains from her hunger and ended up vomiting and quitting. I didn’t have the willpower to do it on my own, so I quit too. My wife is now pregnant with our second child and therefore shouldn’t be on a restricted calorie diet, so I decided to do it on my own this time, though with the more generous 800 calorie limit.

Aside from my wife I haven’t told anyone that I’m doing it, as I don’t look overweight and I want to avoid awkward conversations. I’m quite lanky and people sometimes even call me skinny, although I’ve lately been struggling to fit into my 34″ waist trousers.

I’m currently on my 6th fast day for the year and am finding it is getting easier with time. I’m also enjoying my food on my normal eating days more, which is nice. I lost 1.1kg in my first week and another 0.7kg in the second week. Hopefully this will continue until I reach my goal weight, if I find I’m plateauing I might drop down to 600 calories on my fast days, but I’m hoping to avoid that if I can.

Well done, Rapid. Yes, you will get back into the 34 waistband more easily and you will reap the other, long-term benefits of Fasting.
    Keep up the good work. Your secret is safe with us.

Thought I’d check back in to update my progress. At the end of a month on the 800 calorie 5:2 diet I had lost 2kg, but I wasn’t enjoying my fasting days and decided to try something different.

I had already began skipping breakfast on my fast days and finding it made things easier. What I didn’t like was the calorie counting. I’d read about 16:8 intermittent fasting and decided to give it a go. From the get-go I couldn’t believe how easy it was and it has only become easier.

My eating window is 11am to 7pm and I only do it on weekdays. I am not strict with it and will sometimes eat as late as 8pm and if I’m hungry mid morning I will break the fast early, so in reality I’m doing 15:9 more often.

My rate of weight loss has amazingly been faster than on the 5:2. I’mactually 2kg under my goal weight and comfortably fitting 32″ waist trousers for the first time in over six years. I even have the faint outline of a 6-pack starting to show!

I’m confident this is something I can maintain for life and am feeling pretty fantastic – now to try to put some more muscle on my frame, which I’m sure will be much harder!

Nice job, Rapid.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.