Not losing weight

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeanius 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all,

I need your help.

I am doing the alternate day fasting but I am not losing weight. In the 1st week I lost 1 kilo (2.2 pounds)and then nothing. I excercise. I eat no more than 500 calories on fasting days and usually no more than 2000 on other days. I sometimes eat/drink more than 2000 if I’m going out at the weekend (on a non fasting day). I have been excercising 5 days a week, doing cardio + strenght. What am I doing wrong? This is my 4th week. Am feeling a little discouraged…
    Thanks for your help

Hi, AlexDoes… – Perhaps your best bet is to use the forum’s calculator to work out the appropriate daily intake based on your actual statistics, as 2000kcals is just a general average figure. Click on ‘how?’ (in blue, towards the top-right of the page) and enter your details there, using your current weight. The resulting TDEE figure is your recommended maximum intake for each non-fast day and, then, one-quarter of that figure (25%) is the suggested maximum for each fast day.
    You use words like ‘usually’ and ‘sometimes’ when describing your intake on non-fast days. I’m afraid that to lose weight using the 5:2 system, whilst it is true that you can eat whatever TYPE of food you like, it’s just not true that you can eat whatever QUANTITY of that food that you like. Some degree of awareness of intake is required – sadly, the laws of physics always apply.
    Well done for all the effort so far. It sounds like you’re already doing all the right things on your fast days and exercising well so I really hope you will find the right balance for yourself and reach all your goals. All best wishes.

Hi Jeanius,
    Thanks for your message. I just calculated the calories I need and they are 2064. I read that when you do the alternate day fasting (every other day) you can eat pretty much what you want on non fasting days. I guess I thought if once or twice a week I had 2500 calories it wouldn’t hurt but I will try to be more attentive to not exceeding 2000 and keep the carb intake low. Thanks for your help. Alix

Oops, sorry for mis-spelling your name, Alix! Sounds like you’ve got a good plan there. All best wishes with it. Do keep posting your thoughts, experiences and progress.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.