Not hungry – problem?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  katkins99 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Greetings from Finland!

I’m on the second week of the fast, and I think I have a bit of a problem. I find that on the days when I would be allowed to eat regularly I just don’t feel hungry. Yesterday I had a fast day (I do it by consuming green juices I make myself) and today I have managed to have one smoothie (berries, Turkish yogurt, avocado, raw egg, dash of maple syrup) in the morning and one sandwich in the evening (I don’t usually eat bread at all). I had a small handful of nuts around lunchtime and a few slices of salami. I know this all is very dense with nutrients and fats, but still, it is difficult to eat a proper meal. I’m afraid that by not eating a full meal my metabolism will be negatively impacted.

I have a history of long-term fasting (up to 21 days with liquids only), and my body likes to fast. However, now it is my purpose not to go to a full fast, but only do the 5:2.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Does this seem like a problem to anyone else? And if so, what could be possible solutions?

Thanks a lot for any views on this issue!

For the first couple of weeks of 5:2 my appetite was low on non-fast days. Maybe enthusiasm for changing my ways after watching “Eat, Fast, and Live Longer” and not wanting to ‘erase’ the benefits of the fast days.

But, unlike you, I had never fasted before. After 4 months, my snacking habit was much weaker and it is not too difficult to fast, but I’m not sure that I would say that my body ‘likes’ fasting.

Are you trying to lose weight? Maybe 6:1 would be better for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.