No Weight loss please help!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
No Weight loss please help!!

This topic contains 64 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  poppylocks 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 51 through 76 (of 76 total)

• use the tdee calculator o see your daily cal intake
    on my non fasting days i still diet …keeping my cal intake around 2000 play golf twice a week
    started the 5;2 to restart the weight loss lost 13 kg on my normal diet and plateaued the 5;2 is in addition to it,
    ive lost 1kg in two weeks
    good luck

Hey! I know the last post was ages ago but thought I’d keep people updated on my progress, if anyone is still out there :-).
    I’ve religiously kept to 5:2 since January and been going to the gym at least twice a week! For the past two months, I have been running 5K twice a week and then at least another mile run on top of that. I’ve also been doing 50 weighted squats (14kg) 3 times a week.
    I’m delighted to say that my old size 10 clothes have started to fit and from my heaviest I’ve approximately lost 2stone (approx because I was too scared to weigh myself but if I’m honest think I started at around 13st!!).
    However, I have yet to break the 11st bbarrier and am stubbornly stuck at 11st 1 for the past few weeks. I can’t wait to see 10st 13 on the scales!!
    Did not realise how difficult/ uplifting this experience would be! Its an emotional rollercoaster! I still have another stone at least to loose and it feels like a mountain to climb!! I’m not giving in though!!
    If anyone has any motivating stories to tell please post them here!!
    Thank you all for your continued support!!

Hi Miss:

Congratulations, and hang in there:
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

I feel you should try to eat 5-6 small meals per day, about 2-3 hours apart to keep your metabolism and energy up, cravings down and muscles fed constantly encouraging growth.
    http://consciouslifenews.com/surprising-reasons-youre-losing-weight/1174991/

Wrong.

Maybe spam

How old are you if you don’t mind me asking pre or post menopause?

I’m 22 πŸ™‚

You really need to track your weekend calories.I would recommend tracking your sugar as well. Try not having carbs at every meal. It could be that you’re underestimating your food calories and over estimating your exercise calories.

Well done missm!!!!

How often do you weigh yourself?

So as I see this diet is quite good and I hope I will lose few pounds as well. But I had the same experience in the past when I’ve lost few pounds during the first 2 weeks and then the process has stopped. I guess this is how our body system works. So we just need to be patient…

@missmotivated, I understand your feelings. It can be really disheartening to see that your efforts are not paying off. But you know at times even if we are under strict diet, few hidden calories may enter our food, and these hidden calories could be the reason your diet isn’t working the way it should be. Have a look at this article which talks about these hidden calories in your diet and make sure that they are not entering your’s http://www.holisticsvoice.com/healthy-diet/find-hidden-calories-diet/

I’ve read through a lot of these posts and thought I would add my tuppence. Eat what you like, when you like on non-fast days refers, in my opinion, to the fact that no food is forbidden. Brilliant! However, the caveat is that some foods just are more calorie dense, and you cannot eat them with impunity without putting on weight, if you exceed your TDEE. So as I see it, you need to make some hard decisions about how much of certain foods you eat. Personally, I look a slice of cheesecake now and think… that’s my whole evening meal on a fast day. It kind of helps me moderate my intake and re-order how I think about my diet and portion size! Knowledge of calories and portion size is really helpful, but it’s not vital to weigh every mouthful. I did spend a lot of time in the beginning educating myself about this, so now I have a pretty good idea what will cause me a problem, and how much of certain types of food equals another, calorie-wise. I still enjoy my bottle of wine at the weekend, but accept my weight loss will slow down as a result. Keeps me happy though. You have to be realistic about this. If you eat too much, you won’t lose weight. But doesn’t mean you can’t eat the stuff you like… sometimes. I have lost 18 pounds in 12 weeks. Feel really great about this and would encourage people to work out the way it works for them and stick with it.

I started the 5:2 in January 2013 and wanted to lose 10 lbs. I lost 17 llbs by August and then maintained. I really thought I had found the ideal way of eating.
    All went well until I stopped smoking cigarettes in January of this year, and switched to electronic cigarettes. After about two weeks I noticed I was putting on weight. I continued with the 5:2 – and sometimes the 4:3 – and kept going to the gym – on average, 3 times a week – and walking … I have been using a Fitbit since January and got my 1000 mile badge last month.
    I have now gained 10 lbs. I really don’t know what to do.

Hi marie:

When you stopped smoking your TDEE decreased, or your appetite increased, maybe both. Sad to say the only ‘cure’ is to eat less. The exercise will not help with your weight that much – http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/ #5.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply.

My TDEE is 1581. I am now going to go for 1200 on non-fast days and see what happens with that. If my weight continues to go up, I just don’t where to turn next!

I haven’t thought about stopping the 5:2 though – if I am gaining weight on this, I hate to think what would happen if I stopped!

Hi Marielaem
    You have made a good decision. My OH and I quickly realised our TDEEs had to drop right down and continued to as we lost weight.
    You should lose if you are doing two fasts properly and keep to 1200 or 1300 other days. Look carefully at what you eat normally too and train yourself not to snack. Most of us cut out potatoes bread rice and pasta completely initially. It is staggering how many fabulous meals can be made without them. Look on the LOACA recipe thread here.
    All the best PVE

Hi again marie:

You say you are using a fitbit and gaining weight. This might be of interest: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101834563

It looks as if there are a lot more posts on this thread of people feeling disappointed with the lack of results than on other threads where people are incorporating methods from other diets, and in fact restricting calories every day of the week.

Hi Vero.
    I absolutely will not count calories. But you are right, I do incorporate other strategies. I eat 16:8 every day and 5:2 twice weekly. I’m down 17lbs since January 1st. I’m due a weigh in Monday so will let you know if there’s been more progress lol.
    If I’m hungry then I eat. If I’m not then I don’t. Simple.
    Interestingly, 16:8 has given me a new relationship with food. It’s been a revelation.

Hi to all those who are disappointed not to be losing weight.

First, are you weighing yourself properly? You need a good pair of scales reading to 0.1 or 0.2 lb. You need to weigh yourself everyday. Weigh yourself ’empty’ first thing in the morning after going to the toilet & before anything to eat. Plot the results as a graph. It will go down after fasting and then back up the next couple of days. Ideally calculate a 7 day average to smooth out the 5:2 ups and downs.

Second, are you fasting and bingeing correctly? With a normal calorie reduced diet you lose weight initially but then your body reduces the metabolic rate and you stop losing weight. The 5:2 diet fools your body. The 5 bingeing days fool your body into thinking there is no need to reduce the metabolic rate as there is loads of food. If you are restricting what you eat on the 5 bingeing days your body will reduce your metabolic rate. It seems odd to say eat more to lose weight, but 5 days per week you must eat 4 times the calories of the 2 fasting days. (Read the book – on the 2 fasting days you should eat 500 calories – a quarter of your normal 2,000 calories on the other 5 days)

Third, have you already reached what your body considers is your minimum weight? (Probably what you weighed in your teens/twenties). We both lost about a pound per week for the first 6 months but then ‘bottomed out’ at the weight we were in our twenties and we have stayed there for the last two years. We continue with the 5:2 diet to live longer (and it stops our weight creeping up). Watch the Horizon programme or read the book – 5:2 is about LIVING LONGER (losing weight is a nice side effect)

I joke about the ‘Marks & Spencer Health/Age Test’. According to the M&S test I am 50 years younger than my actual age! I have an M&S certificate sewn in my trousers that says ’15-16 year old Schoolboy’ (There is even a 20% government incentive for staying young – no VAT)

Paul

Hi Paul:

I believe advocating binging on a weight loss diet is inappropriate.

In addition, your metabolism does not slow down from eating less, it slows down from losing weight. There is no such thing as starvation mode, as Dr. M has many times explained: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/food-thought-fast-day-starvation-mode/

The less you eat, the more you lose.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Hi Missmotivated,

I hope you are not putting all your hope on what the scale says. For now, you just have to ditch the scale and be persistent. You can also try different workouts. You can not be doing the same thing all the time and still expect a new result. Don’t give up, be determined and work more on your mindset, it helps.
    I look forward to hearing your success story very soon.

I have lost six pounds since I began 4 weeks ago, but have had similar issues with not losing weight and or gaining weight. I must admit that I forgot one of the things it says in the book about counting your calories on feast days. I think that once we are aware of how many calories we take in on a feast day, that not losing weight might begin to make sense. I will forge on with this, and let you guys know if it helped! πŸ™‚ If that doesn’t work…on its own, I will personally add another fast day and see what happens. Don’t give up guys, it will happen! Oh, I did lose 4 inches in my waist! πŸ™‚

a rapid weight loss in the first week is due to losing a lot of water. After that your body starts to ‘eat’ the fat, and that takes more time.

if you follow the diet stricktly (36 hours) you will lose weight. You will also have to watch what you eat and drink on other days.

exercise is not working for 5:2. Just light exercise will suffice. Don’t lose more than 1 lb a week!!!

Anonymous

Hi there, I’m a newbie, and the message written above by @hroshik could have been written by me, I too am within the healthy weight zone for my height, but my clothes barely fit any more and at 43 I’m getting fed up of the constant slide in weight gain, I peaked at 65 kg recently and had to try on size 12s when trying on trousers which made me buy the book, previous peaks used to be 62kg…

I run, I garden, I do crazy burpee HIT in the kitchen at least twice a week, I walk when I can during the day.

My waist measurement is half an inch bigger than when I started

I’ve lost 500g over 3 weeks….. my trousers still make me feel like an inflated sausage.

I think I might be over eating on non fast days, but I thought that was the point? I thought I could have a treat here and there?

πŸ™

Has anyone studied the ‘don’t need to lose much’ end of the scale in detail – do you think I should try 4:3?

Thanks, Naomi

Hello all. I have been 5 weeks on 3:4, I am 160cm and 68.5 kg…I have an underactive thyroid and have elevated cholesterol. I thought that by doing 3:4, and making sure I stay under my TDEE I would shift weight. Gained 2.2lbs this week. Feeling angry…if I have been diligent in my 3:4, and watching my non-fasting behaviour, I expect better results than this.

Viewing 26 posts - 51 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply.