No weight loss

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• First week last week fasted mon & Weds, stuck to 500 calories, and was sensible non fast days, weighed this Monday and I lost no weight , I stayed the same, I have carried on this week hoping better results this Monday, is this normal. , thanks

Hi Tracey and welcome:

This will illustrate the weight loss pattern you will probably experience with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

I used to eat a “sensible” diet a few years ago and even though the calories were lower than my “TDEE” I wasn’t losing weight. The problem I had was too much refined sugar in my diet. Now I don’t eat processed foods or add sugar but my calories are much higher and I can lose weight. So while my current diet isn’t sensible by most diet standards, it works.

My point is “sensible” doesn’t really tell us anything. There are many factors involved in weight loss and what works well for one person may not be what works well for you.

Additionally a week is a very short period. 5:2 isn’t a rapid loss program. It is a way of life that works well for many people. After two years of 5:2 I look in the mirror and can hardly recognize myself. The fat loss and muscle gains have reshaped my body.

There is the issue of what is reasonable to expect. If you aren’t obese you shouldn’t expect to lose weight as rapidly as if you were. In fact if I lost the standard 1 pound a week, I would likely be dead in a year. It depends on where you are starting from. I expect to lose two to five kilograms over the next year. That works out to not very much per week. I’ll probably have weeks where I gain weight.

Finally weight varies a lot and we have weight ranges. So a week over week measurement of weight isn’t a great data point. There are other measurements that are valid to use, such as size of belly or how clothes fit. Still most good results take weeks or even months.

What dykask said is spot on. What do you mean by “sensible”? It doesn’t really mean much. My take on what is sensible is probably different to most others, I know its different to dykask and sims definitions. I have a very pragmatic approach. If what you are doing isn’t working, change it. having said that doing it for a week is not giving yourself enough time to judge if its going to work. If you have no results after a month then change what youre doing.

What you eat is more important that how much you eat. Lets assume your TDEE was 2000 cal. If you ate 2000 cal or sugary foods per day and 2000 cal or veggies per day, do you expect the results to be the same? Im suggesting they wont be.

Some simple truths. People grossly underestimate how much they think they eat. People grossly over estimate how much exercise they do. If you eliminate sugar and highly processed foods and focus on lots of veggies with some meat, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds you really cant go much wrong. For processed foods I focus on anything that is grain based as being junk food. So no bread, pasta, biscuits etc. No fruit juice, pure junk. Most low fat yogurts are pure sugary junk. All energy drinks are pure junk. You want fruit eat a whole piece of fruit rather than juice. Alcohol, Im not saying don’t have some, buy remember alcohol is about 7 calories per gram. You need to take this into account.

A loss of about 1lb per week is about normal and sustainable. Good luck.

dykask, I didn’t write the original post, but your post was very helpful to me. Thank you, and congratulations on such success.

Thank you for the great advice xx

We are all hoping you succeed even if fasting doesn’t work for you. This is a very supportive group. Losing the fat isn’t easy and sometimes the choices we have to make aren’t fun. However looking back, I have no desire to go back to how I used to eat.

@dykask. Of course its easy. All you have to do is drink red tea. Haven’t you heard?

Hi my name is Ramon,

Have you seen this? Click Here: http://www.clkmg.com/Rami0115/redteathankyoupage
    This Secret Red Tea that helps people lose weight
    You can literally start today to change your life
    Everything is explained on te video – Click Here: http://www.clkmg.com/Rami0115/redteathankyoupage

All the best

Ramon Gamoun

@ramon. I was being sarcastic about the red tea. Everyone knows that crimson tea is far superior to red tea.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.