No weight loss

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Now on week 7 and have only lost 5lbs, fasting days are getting easier not feeling the hunger pangs as much but disappointed with actual weight loss. Feel as though on non fast days I should be restricting calories much more than my recommended 2000 calories.

Who’s recommended the 2000 calories or is that ACTUALLY your TDEE? If you’re using the ‘Ms. Average’ numbers quoted in articles and throwaway comments about the 5:2 diet then you are probably right in your assumption.

Use the TDEE calculator in the ‘How’ tab above and be REALLY honest about your exercise level. That will give you your personal TDEE to aim for (still not totally gospel but a better guide than ‘Ms. Average’).

However, having said all that – 5lb in 7 weeks is pretty damn good. As I get closer to my ‘ideal’ weight I’d be over the moon with that level of loss, so if you are starting off close to your target then that may be all that is going on.

My TDEE is 2070 calories so I’m staying on the 2000 calorie mark, my BMI is 23.5 and ideally I want to get to a BMI of 22.5 so another 5 lb to go, perhaps I’m focusing on lbs lost too much, I have lost
    1cm from both my hips and waist.

If you’re THAT close to your ideal BMI then the losses you’re getting are phenomenal – I would happily kill for them. I’ve been on 5:2 since August 2012 and have lost a small person’s worth of weight but this last stone is a nightmare but I’ll get there – it might take me another 3 years but I’ll get there. Save me a seat at the finish line. 😉

Hi Tracey, lurking and read your post, I see you really have lost a small person, its so easy making goals, me for instance, i want to be 9 stone, but it is such a big hill to climb, I have days when i think i an being daft. I started at 14/5 – so im looking to lose a slightly bigger person.

But to find someone who has actually achieved it, just shows it can be done. Ive got the first stone off, so when I cheer you over that finish line, Im hoping to still be in the race. May i ask what you target weight is?

Natalie, best of luck, with such a high TDEE, the upside is you are dropping 1500 calories every fast, so it will happen. Have you tried dropping to your target TDEE, it might work for you, as you would then be working at 80% of that weight (when you factor in 2 fast days). Only suggest it as I thought to use my target weight, but being an unfit shorty, it was a step to far, so i work to a 12 stone TDEE.

Hi Milena & thanks for the encouragement 😉 I assume you’re going by my profile info but it’s actually pretty old (I should update it really I guess). I actually started in Aug 2012 and don’t know my exact start weight but it was definitely a ‘few’ lb more than 15 stone, so you’ve probably no more to lose in total than I had at that point (unless you’re MUCH shorter than 5’4″). I am now about 11st 10lb (having just returned from a naughty few days in New York). I got down to about 11st 4lb last March/April but exercise has ruined my progress in the interim ad I’m now trying to get stricter and change up my carb ratio (I was having too many of course) to try and kick start further losses. I’m going for high-protein & low-GI (but not going all ‘diety’ with it) and I’ll see if that helps. If not I’ll bin the gym for a bit and concentrate on 5:2.

I’m not aiming for what my Wii says (9st 3lb), as I think I’d look like a fleshy skeleton if I ever got that low but I’d definitely just like to be comfortably 10st SOMETHING. That’s all I’m aiming for for now 😀

Best of luck on your journey too – get used to charity shops BTW, you’re going to be spending a lot of time there, dropping off bags of old clothes & buying ‘interim’ wardrobes. I’ve ALWAYS been big, so had no THIN clothes to go BACK to – it’s been pricey these last couple of years but charity shops definitely help cushion the blow. 😉

Hi Tracey

I’m a wee bit shorter, just under 5’3″, started at 14/5, got the first stone away. So you have well down the road I am travelling, so good to know it can be done. Just out of size 20 jeans into 18, so that’s good – I’ve only got big since moving to Scotland, and as its been gradual (5 stone in 25 years, dreadful) I have a full wardrobe – I never did fashion, it’s all good quality work suits, jeans, shirts and jumpers – some gorgeous clothes which don’t fit but I’ve never had the heart to throw away. I have jeans in every size from 10-20, and bras from 34dd to 38gg. So sad!

I’m dreaming of 9st something, but I also dream of Brad Pitt and Viggo Mortensen! But would love to be a size 12 or 14.

We will travel hopefully

Well you’re definitely on-course by the sound of it. I started out a 16. My trousers were usually pretty tight but I couldn’t bring myself to go up to an 18, especially as it was the legs that were big not necessarily the waist (I often had to alter the waistbands by an inch just to stop stretchy jeans sliding down). I was a 14-16 on the top, depending on the cut.

Almost 1 year in I had lost about 2.5 stone by the time I started getting desperate to buy some ‘new’ duds. I tried a pair of casual trousers in a New Look sale and almost died with joy when the 12s fit and actually felt comfy. I tried a pair of 10s in a slightly different cut, just to see and I could actually get the zip up!!!! I wasn’t able to actually wear the 10s comfortably for another couple of months but I bought both anyway 😀

I’m still comfortably a 12 (everywhere) in most shops and in some places I’m a 10. I even have 1 or 2 tops in size 8!!! It’s another world – it’s SO bizarre to wear skinny-people clothes – haha!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.