Nice November – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Nice November – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 328 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Emma Taylor 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 344 total)

• second post

I need to go to the grocery store. As in, I really should have driven away twenty minutes ago. But I’m starving and I keep thinking about all the food I want to eat. That’s not a very good attitude to take into a grocery store, LOL! So I’m trying to build up my resolve that I won’t buy extra, and I won’t break my fast until the planned time, and thought I’d come here to post to see if that helps any.

sigh

I’m still hungry, and still am not finding much resolve.

Well, it’s fifteen minutes to the grocery store, so perhaps my thinking time in the car will be sufficient to rescue me from over-buying food!!!

🤞💪👍😂

Day 12, NFD, Aus

RESOLVE @stitchincarol – take a shopping list and don’t buy anything that’s not on it!!!

Check in to say hi. Still looking for my mojo. Maybe I’ll find it in December but if last year is anything to go by I should be realistic and aim for January…

Day 12 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD -OMAD
    Eat like a Bear day 4

Morning all. So I continue with my resolve for time restricted eating and looking forward to one good meal a day. Weight wise it’s not really showing, yes, I am down 3lbs since I started, but I have seen this bounce before.

BUT, this time I have DH on board (he is not doing OMAD but doesn’t eat lunch), and he too has lost a few pounds, we both commented on how we feel sharper in work…he is really up for it now.

I got the email from Amanda Rose from Eat Like A Bear, and what helped my yesterday was her encouragement to find that one word that will help you grind through. For her it is WALK, because at her highest weight she literally could not walk. I was musing yesterday for my word…..and I think now……would I have plantar fasciitis it I was lighter??

So maybe my word too will be WALK…..to walk without burning pain and orthotics, to be able to get out of bed without hobbling….

So for the first time in years there will be no wine tonight. One day at a time.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol – 😅 I hope the grocery shopping wasn’t too traumatic?! Ditto what @penz said. Even better – stay away from food stores on a FD. Plan plan plan!

@daffodil2010 – great decision! If you want some quit-spiration – I just made that up – then check out http://www.thisnakedmind.com; especially the blog section.

Pocket List – Day 12 🍋
    @daffodil2010

Day 12, UK, NFD

Well today is NOT a FD as scheduled!

I didn’t get much sleep last night and I simply couldn’t face the day without breakfast!

Also I was starving after my OMAD – how weird is that?!! (As hungry as if I’d done a full on FD!)

Will try again on Sunday instead.

Bon weekend à tous 🙂

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Good WFD yesterday. Weigh-in: 215 lbs, but on the lower to middle range. Should’ve drank more water yesterday, as I feel the bloat a bit, but I’m OK with the results.

Anyway, off to work!

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s OMAD went well. Hopefully I won’t overeat today!

@basyjames – We did try the lentil spaghetti the other night. DH did not know he was eating something healthy, and I really could not tell any difference from normal recipe pasta. I think we have a new staple!

Off to Silver Sneakers shortly. Raining today and a Facebook friend said he was snowflakes last night. ‘Tis that time of year!

Onward and downward.

Day 12 – 16:8

I’ve been very hungry lately. I notice so many of you mentioning it as well. In October it was very easy for me to ignore the fleeting hunger, even with several WF days that month. This month, not so much. While cooking dinner last night I had to stop for 3 full glasses of water to tell my rumbling stomach, no we are not eating yet!

About once a week, my husband and I try to make a big meal, special and one that will provide a day or two of leftovers. Because my fast days are M/W I’m trying to cook these (when I’m on cooking duty) on Thursday’s. These large and easily reheated meals are, quite honestly, more for his benefit than mine. When he finishes work, he thinks of how much work it will be to prepare dinner at home … then often picks up fast food instead. If I prepare a meal on Thursday, he will often not bother with take out for the whole weekend. (As he enjoys weekend cooking).

Last night it was our Lemon Greek Chicken and potatoes. And I surprised myself, after being so hungry earlier, I ate a small sensible portion and was satisfied. I’m sure the Greek salad I had prior to dinner helped there! We set aside the sauce/chicken fat left in the pan after cooking for me to use for upcoming veggie sautés so really this one meal will keep me going for about a week.

No Alcohol October officially ended last night as I decided to an after dinner drink indulgence. But only one and only about 3 oz. It was one of my favourites, a black sambuca with three coffee beans. One simply can not drink this, it requires small sips and lasts me 2 or 3 hours. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

@stitchincarol I hope you made it through the shopping!

@penz sending good thoughts for mojo recovery!

And my hopes that all have a terrific day and weekend!

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – a challenging day

Well, yesterday did not go well. I tried so hard at the grocery store, and didn’t actually do too badly…and then I got home and opened a beer. I nibbled on a few carbs I shouldn’t have had, but truly only a few. In the end, I’d nibbled on enough stuff that I knew I didn’t have room for a proper supper. Eventually I opened a second beer, once I had enough food in me not to go straight to my head. I’ve learned I MUST have groceries for Thursday and Friday in the house, or buy them when I’m running errands on Tuesday between lessons. (duh!) Thanks for all the encouragement, by the way.

Today’s challenge? I have six frozen pies to bake, so they shouldn’t be an issue, but I also am roasting one of the 33 twenty-two-pound turkeys for the turkey supper tomorrow–AND carving it. Not only should I not nibble on the turkey because we need all we can get, but because I shouldn’t nibble on anything until supper. Supper is going to be hamburger patties and steamed broccoli with cheddar cheese, so a close approximation of a cooked RBS, and I’m hoping yesterday’s indulgence will keep my belly full enough that my RESOLVE is up to challenge of not nibbling on the turkey while I’m carving.

So off I go to start two pies and to think through what I need to change next week so I don’t have such an ignominious end to my water fast.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 12 – UK – CD

Happy to report that I managed to stick to my FD800 yesterday and now aiming for a CD to finish the week on a positive note and best of all it has been a dry week – no wine!!!

A very wet day here in Cumbria but not particularly cold – met with a couple of friends for coffee then went to do my big monthly shop to top up the stores, came back home and unpacked whilst enjoying a cup of tea to stop me thinking of eating.

I have just finished prepping the dried fruit and put it soaking for my Christmas cake – this year I’m making “The Good Housekeeping Buttered Rum Christmas Cake” – A boozy unctuous cake suffused with rum and plump fruit (sultanas, raisins, dried cranberries, chopped dried figs and chopped mixed peel are now soaking in a mixture of dark rum, 50gms melted butter, maple syrup, juice and zest of a large orange until tomorrow or Sunday whenever I have time to make and bake the cake)

Dinner tonight is Spelt Pasta with a Crab sauce so should come in for a total of just over 1000cals for the day 🤞

@basyjames – luckily I had no IC in the house and I managed to resist buying a bottle today when shopping – saving it for December 🤣
    @stitchincarol – happy baking and cooking – keep that RESOLVE of no nibbling on the turkey while you’re carving!!

I needed to keep myself occupied and out of the kitchen until it’s time to cook that crab pasta – hence my logging on and posting here and then I’m going to ring a friend for a much needed catch up …….

For those fasting stay strong, others like me need to stay in control and those on a NFD enjoy!

Pilates workshop tomorrow morning using Space Hoppers!! – apparently guaranteed to make us smile as we improve all our Pilates Principles with the aid of a large bouncy ball…….

Day 12 North Canton OH CD

@mariaelena every bit helps! Keep on kinda dancing

@stitchincarol you are a stronger than I am my friend, grocery shopping while hungry has been done by me once and it was not good! I bought a loaf of bread and attacked it immediately I got back in my car. Never again-I am only human people😁😁😁

@penz you are still checking in and that matters greatly

@daffodil2010 good word and you said it- one day at a time

@funshipfreddie you are quite the wordsmith – quitspiration?! I like it!!!

@northgeorgia lovoing your results. I remember when you struggled with the 220s and now you are well on your way to the 210s

@songbirdme intriguing, I will try to find some

@at I also plan to treat myself to a bottle for Christmas, in the meantime I cannot have it in the house because I will drink it- just keeping it real here. That boozy unctuous cake sounds so good yum!!!

I was reading an article about Tom Brady and how he become a force to be reckoned with in the NFL and it’s pretty remarkable; his superpower is self-discipline. The article credited his longevity in the sport to being a product of his habits. His ambition, coupled with his methods, has led to him being the greatest of all time. He said, “If I don’t really work at it, and if I don’t play to my strengths-I am a very average QB. His success is the product of years of compounding interest on small choices.
    Aspiration requires discipline, otherwise it is just a dream. Discipline is a muscle that has to be built up. The best professional athletes are those with steady, unvarying habits. The experts believe that showing up habitually for the little things lead to enhanced willpower and better discipline, and the effects build over time. The more good behaviors you engage in, the better things turn out. The circadian code also advocated the same thing, keeping routines as consistent as possible- the human body does not like deviations and it takes forever for our bodies to correct for changes from our perceived routine.
    Nobody on this forum is trying to win the SuperBowl of course, but we just have to be willing to make the small choices and mini- sacrifices throughout the day to arrive at our goals, and then wake up the next day and do it all over again. That is how we win.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Day 13 UK NFD

Had a lovely day out Thursday Theatre was amazing , bit of a weird story but production was fantastic and it was so nice to be back in lovely surroundings, had a delicious wine bar lunch , which wasn’t too bad as I swerved the bread , back to reality now aiming for a controlled couple of days – intrigued with the bear stuff must have a read up – have a good weekend all

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Tomorrow, we fast!

Enjoy the weekend!

Day 13 – 16:8

Everything on target here.

Happy weekend!

Day 13 – UK – TDEE

Great Pilates workshop this morning using big stability balls and what a gorgeous day we have had after yesterday’s grey, wet and dismal weather 🌤

Managed to stick to my CD yesterday and aiming for a just under TDEE one today 🤞This past week has been one of the more controlled ones for a long time for me 💃 I suspect the lack of 🍷🥂helped a lot!!

Christmas cake is in the oven cooking – dinner is prepped so I’m now relaxing and enjoying watching the 🏉 between Ireland and NZ with a cup of tea

Wishing everyone a great weekend

Day 14 AUS FD

Great to hear how everyone is going on this thread. You all inspire me!

This month got a bit derailed for us as OH was in a fairly serious traffic accident ten days ago, and comfort food was definitely indulged in. (He’s happily on the mend now).

But there’s still half a month to go, so let’s make the most of Nice November. I’m looking up new low cal recipes for inspiration, and am just back from a Sunday morning run. Looking forward to a light restorative week ahead.

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@litprof – so sorry to hear about your OH?! Wishing him a speedy recovery. Ditto what you said re November being barely half over; let’s make it count!

Happy S🌞nday everyone. I WILL be on the pocket list tomorrow 🎯

Pocket List – Day 14 🍓
    @litprof

Day 14 UK NFD

@litprof Here’s to a speedy recovery

Be joining you tomorrow @funshipfreddie – my last FD for a while as going on holiday Tuesday morning !! still can’t believe it’s actually going to happen 🤞

Have a lovely Sunday all

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

I can happily report that my weigh in yesterday showed a 4.5lb loss in the week. DH also had about the same loss. I am having a day off today as had breakfast but will try to relax and not go off plot, and definitely on the FD pocket list tomorrow.

But things are so overwhelming with all the updates from DH’s long lost family (and his own children and family)….the poor man is exhausted with all the phone calls and video calls..,he has just spent two hours on a video call with his new sister in NZ…some harrowing news to take in over how his father passed away…….I feel some relaxation and comfort is required today for poor DH.

See you all tomorrow guys.

Day 14 – USA/GA – WFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Well, I behaved very badly yesterday. Snacking all day long, and eating carbs when I had plenty of vegetable choices. I was ridiculous. Probably related to my stress over this coming Monday, when I have to speak before an audience of around 500 people. Still, that’s no excuse.

Anyway, resolve is back. Here we go with my first FD of the week.

Pocket list – day 14
    @litprof
    @northgeorgia

Day 14 – NFD

Today will be an off day for sure. My DH is making Chili. And that simple statement is anything but a simple thing in this household. It requires me to have many samples as it cooks and he tweaks it to his standard of perfection. As someone who is generally ZBC, I’ve already ingested so much Chili in its developmental state this morning as to exceed my usual month full of pre noon eating. LOL – it is delicious tho.

@litprof I send speedy recovery wishes to your OH

@funshipfreddie I’m gonna borrow the “Happy 🌞day” phrase (? Verbiage? What is a emoji/word combo called? Lol)

@daffodil2010 great results! Congrats!

Running off now. Warm wishes to all!

Second post

I weigh myself twice monthly, usually the fifteenth and last or first day of the month. Decided to do the mid-month weigh myself today- got a surprise. The scale says I’m down 4.5 lb since Nov 1. That’s twice what I usually (and expect to) see. Don’t know if it’s very accurate, but that meets my November goals.

Kinda shocked, certainly pleased, but honestly disbelief is the strongest emotion.

At 154.7 lb and my expected goal (will reassess when I’m there) is to maintain between 140 – 143.

A happy 🌞day indeed! 😀

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -FD
    18:6

No time to post, quick check in for accountability.

Day15 – Aus – CD
    Just a quick note to say hello. I’m not posting much at all, but often read through and send everyone best wishes mentally. Good luck to everyone this month!

Day 15 AUS FD800

Thanks so much for your kind good wishes to OH, all! He’s very much on the mend, and I’m back in the fasting mindset here. My poor body really just doesn’t cope well with carbs these days. They make me feel super bloated and sluggish. A couple of days of light eating and I feel soooo much better.

I am impressed by those of you seeing good losses on the scales. Very inspiring!

It’s getting into the time of year here where it’s too hot to eat anything but salads or light food, so that should really help things along.

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. ZBC until lunch, as 7 pm marks my public speaking event. Will try for another FD tomorrow.

Good luck to those on the pocket list today!

Day 15 London OMAD

Eating in a one hour window seems to suit me very well. I did OMAD in a five hour window for a long time, so I’d had a bit of practice, but the ridiculously big salad is just great. You know that once a day, you can have a very big meal, full of loads of nice salady things, nice protein, and, very important for me, a lovely dressing. My hideous cough, which I had despaired of EVER getting rid of, has disappeared after giving up alcohol. Hmmmm. That was straightforward. Funnily enough, I was talking to a doctor friend yesterday, and she said ‘ or you could take – insert name of medicine here-‘. That’s part of the problem isn’t it. Doctors just hand out medicines instead of helping people to change their lifestyles. It made me quite cross. Anyway, all going well, finally.
    And the Setting Boundaries book is a complete revelation. I think it’s one of the most helpful books I’ve ever read. Instead of expecting people to work out what you want, you actually tell them. So simple, but I’ve been doing it all wrong. 😢😢😢

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@mariaelena – I don’t think there’s a name for an emoji/word combo? I’ll have to invent one. Well done on the 4.5 lb loss!
    and @daffodil2010 too?!

Just been taking a look at ‘Caffeine Blues’, a book I’ve had forever, but don’t remember reading. After feeling a little out of sorts over the weekend, I discovered via https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/caffeine that I’ve been consuming more than double the maximum recommended dose! So I’m going to drastically, but gradually reduce my intake.

Pocket List – Day 15 🍏
    @daffodil2010
    @litprof
    @funshipfreddie

Day 15 – FD 500 & OMAD

Had a bit of indulgence last night, two scoops of ice cream. Probably more sugar than I’ve had since I joined this board but it was lovely. My eating was erratic yesterday, but came in at about maintenance calories so I’m not worried or anything but it helps me to acknowledge my eating here.

Today will be a (moderate) salad and homemade soup to get me back on track.

@funshipfreddie I do not have the clever word creativity myself, so I eagerly wait to see what term you might coin for the emoji/word combo! You are smart to reduce the caffeine gradually – the effects of drastic caffeine changes were painful to observe when I watched my DH eliminate caffeine. He is one who makes changes cold turkey in my household and I am the do it gradually type – but that one was eye-opening.

@Emma_Taylor Like you, I am enjoying the ridiculously big salad, and have found on my NFD it makes a very satisfying meal. I like to up the protein with some almond slices or pumpkin seeds or something like that. I don’t care for mushrooms, personally, but they would be a very healthy addition to my usual salad fixings. Ver glad to hear the cough seems to be behind you!

Well, I’ve finished my coffee and the day is another beautiful cool sunny day so a quick 15 minutes of exercise with the hula hoop and I’m off to get stuff done!

Happy thoughts to all

Pocket List – Day 15 🍏
    @daffodil2010
    @litprof
    @funshipfreddie
    @mariaelena

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

The weekend with the church Turkey Dinner was an absolute delight…and my eating was an absolute disaster. The scale reflects that, and I’m ready to get back to my good behavior. I’ve a busy morning, so don’t have but a few minutes, but I began to wonder yesterday afternoon if some of my wild eating was a reflection of my poor sleep: both Thursday and Friday nights saw me wake up around 1:15 am and never really get back to sleep. Thankfully, I slept well on Saturday night and ate decently yesterday, and slept even better last night, and will eat decently today. (RESOLVE is how come I know that.)

I’ll hopefully have time to check in and read all the comments from the rest of you later today.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 15, U.K.- FD

Just a really quick post to check in and say that today is a fast day for me

Hoping to be able to catch up with everybody else’s posts later on

Good luck to everyone today XX

Day 15 UK FD

Off to Sicily tomorrow ! Very stressful morning doing tests and paperwork but all ready now , will try to make some wise choices but we’ll see , See you all in a week ( but might pop by to see how everyone’s getting on )👋

Day 15 USA – NFD

I’m back to see if my hemoglobin count is at least 12.5% this afternoon so I can give my normal blood donation, so I am about to have a nice lunch after doing my Silver Sneakers class this morning. I still think I am more healthy because I donate blood every 8 weeks.

@mariaelena – good loss! I’m with you and @funshipfreddie about coining a word for emoji+word but Happy 😊day does look cute.

@daffodil2010 – good loss for you too!

@northgeorgia – see? Quick on + quick off. I also behaved badly over the weekend, so my FD is tomorrow.

@litprof – glad to hear OH is making a good recovery.

@emma-taylor – I love your “ridiculously big salad” and often do them on FD’s as well with some chicken or fish on it. Caesar salad is my fave.

@funshipfreddie – yes, I agree caffeine is awful to quit cold turkey. I do 2 mugs of coffee each morning and hopefully that isn’t over the limit.

@stitchincarol – yeah for you and your turkey dinner!! I am sure the people who attend were thrilled.

@brightonbelle – oh, how wonderful you get to go to Sicily! I am sure the trip will be terrific.

Onward and downward.

Day 15 North Canton OH FD

Stressful Monday everyone. I wanted to check in for accountability though. I will catch up on posts later

Pocket List – Day 15 🍏
    @daffodil2010
    @litprof
    @funshipfreddie
    @mariaelena
    @basyjames

second post

Okay, still lots to do, but feeling more in control of my day and less frantic over the long list. DS25 and I are cooking for 8 for Thanksgiving this year, and I made up our minute-by-minute cooking schedule this morning; that always helps. If I weren’t so stubborn and would consent to bake the pies on Wednesday, it would be simpler…but I’m also busy being organist and choir director on Wednesday, so there it is. So one pie will be baked on Wednesday–I may buy a frozen peach pie that’s darned near as good as homemade and bake it, except that I have frozen peaches ready to go so haven’t decided for sure–and the rest I’ll make entirely from scratch, with the plan being to have the crusts made ahead so I can simply bake the three additional pies early Thursday morning. (Do you even care about such details?? LOL)

@litprof I’m so sorry your honey was in a serious car accident, and so glad he’s on the mend!

@daffodil2010 Deep, deep, steadying breaths, right? So much news and emotions packed into this new family of yours and your DH’s! But what a great weight loss to start things off for you!

@northgeorgia I was right there with you, although my own bad day was Saturday, not Sunday. Here’s the one thing I’ll actually admit to: there was a big container of blueberry donut holes at church for all of us there working at various things on the to-do list. I had one. Then I had a second. I won’t admit to how many I had in total because it was that many. It got worse from there. But like you, I have my resolve back today; hopefully my weight has recovered later this week as nicely as yours did already! (And, man oh man, but those donut holes were totally yummy!!!!!!) As to speaking to the crowd tonight, I’m certain you’ll do wonderfully, and I’m looking forward to hearing your report saying so in the morning!

@mariaelena YAY for your great weigh-in!

@zzzzz45 How lovely to hear from you; thanks for speaking up!

@emma-taylor So delighted you’re liking the RBS and the one-hour eating window. 👍 Even better that your cough is gone. But how in the world was alcohol giving you a cough???? It will be interesting to see how quickly the cough returns should you ever decide to resume drinking.

@brightonbelle What a LOVELY trip you’re about to enjoy; I look forward to hearing whatever reports you share!

Among other things, I’m twelve inches away from being done sewing on the binding to the quilt I finished last June. It was way too hot to have it on my lap during the summer, but has been a delight to work on it the last week or two now that it’s cooled off and the warmth was welcome. Soon I’ll take it downstairs to put on the guest bed there!

Pocket List – Day 15 🍏
    @daffodil2010
    @litprof
    @funshipfreddie
    @mariaelena
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

Okay, given how awful (eating-wise) some of my days were last week, I think it’s time to resume my chant: “RESOLVE, RESOLVE, RESOLVE, RESOLVE.” I wish a dramatic dose of resolve for each and every one of you as well!

Day 16 AUS FD

It’s early here and I have a looooong day ahead, but the sun is shining, the cat is purring, and there’s a new day ahead. Let’s make this one count, whether we are fasting or not!

I am looking forward to ending this week lighter than I started it. That’s my main goal for now.

Day 15 OMAD London.

@stitchcarol – I think I had something called GERD which is an acid reflux thing. Not painful, but can be caused by alcohol, caffeine, spicy food, and other things. I’ve been very cavalier with alcohol for years, so it’s a bit of a shock for my body to actively have such a negative response at this stage. I probably deserved it!!
    But, I LOVE the ridiculously big salad, and one hour window. Who knew???

Day 16 NFD country west Australia
    Hi to everyone old and new.

I thought life was going to slow down somewhat but the past few months have been beyond hectic.
    Just now starting to be able to put m y head above the parapet and take a breath.
    So here I am back where it all started for me 5 years ago. And what a rollercoaster!!
    The previous 15 days have been a mix of NFDs and CDs due to gut issues.😢
    Having been able to eat absolutely everything and anything all my life ( and how the results show!!!) I suddenly have developed gut issues.😫
    Have had every test known to man, or woman, and everything is fine- Except it isn’t !!
    Discomfort sitting/standing/lying. Sleep is not my friend at present as I have to be quite careful turning over in bed due to upper left epigastric pain.
    Not helped by all the docs saying ‘ Well everything seems fine’!!😳
    So back to the sauerkraut, kombucha, can’t quite stomach keffir, and trying food ‘challenges’ to try to discover if it is diverticulitis or IBS.😞
    Funnily enough I am able to give up the vino far more easily than the coffee…
    Hope everyone is going along OK.
    Will catch up with November posts and try to post daily as I DO find accountability really helps me.
    Onward and just onward at present.

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Well, I must confess, although not going hell for leather over the weekend, I did have wine, and there was a salty snack, and half a pizza on Sunday…..and every single pound that I lost come back overnight!!!!! Every one of them!! 😱

So back to the 23:1 eating window, a big salad for dinner, and hopefully it will be easy on and easy off as I see with @northgeorgia and @stitchincarol….

I have designated this weekend as Mental Health weekend for DH and I. We will head somewhere lakeside, put the phones away, and he will fish and I will read….it has been wonderful the past few weeks finding his long lost family but the weekend just past there was friend requests upon friend requests and texting and talking to family in NZ and the U.K. (Me too!! Everyone seems so excited to get to know him) and great to know them and find out his past……but a break is needed…..and time after that to settle and spend time with the children and our Grandaughter too.

@lilymartin, I sure hope you get those gut issues sorted. ☹️

@emmataylor great to hear the RBS and no alcohol works to get rid of that cough. Alcohol must be the reason my weight returned, and it’s not like I was swilling it down all weekend. Anywahoo, onwards we go

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@lilymartin – I feel for you! That’s the worst, when you’re not well & even the doctors can’t come up with a reason. Interesting that you mention coffee though. There’s a lot of information in Stephen Cherniske’s book ‘Caffeine Blues’ re caffeine & gut health. It’s annoying, I know, when things we’ve enjoyed for years start to become problematic as we get older. I can’t tolerate alcohol as I once could; well, not the morning after anyway. And now caffeine too, maybe?! 😱

@mariaelena – A word for an emoji/word combo? A worji? Word-oji? That’s the best I can come up with 🤔

Pocket List – Day 16 🍇
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010

Day 16 – USA/GA – FD

Well, stressful huge event is over, but didn’t get in bed until 10:30 pm, and didn’t sleep well 🙁

Still, yesterday turned into an OMAD lunch day, so amazing post-NFD weigh-in today at 215 lbs. Which makes me wonder, what will tomorrow bring after today’s FD? I’ll plan to do a WFD today, but we shall see.

Best wishes to us today!

Pocket List – Day 16 🍇
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

Day 16 USA – FD

Jumping on the FD wagon today. Have stuff to do around the house today, so it ought to keep me busy and not eating. Blood donation went find yesterday. Yeah for that! FD will be less than my OMAD turns out to be.

Pocket List – Day 16 🍇
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

DH is scolding and cajoling me, trying to stop my wicked backsliding. I love him for that. It’s not working. I had put the turkey carcass (that I roasted for our church’s turkey supper) into a pot of water last Friday and had to finish up the turkey noodle soup last night. So I went ahead and made a Trader Joe’s Beer Bread. And had two beers to go with the soup. Calories-wise, it wasn’t bad at all, but carb wise, it was a disaster. I don’t know why I’m backsliding so badly, so I can’t figure out how to stop it. I’m hopeful today will be as simple as every other Tuesday has been, and tomorrow’s scale will be less discouraging.

@northgeorgia What a delight to have your scale be so lovely after an NFD, and I knew your presentation last night would go well!!

@emma-taylor I’ve heard of GERD and know it can be truly problematic; so glad it’s all better. Time will tell if it comes back, eh?

@lilymartin How frustrating to get no solid answers!

@daffodil2010 Your time away with DH sounds like a perfect way to bring back an even keel to your life. And that returned weight will go away again with more RBS consumption; I promise!

Pocket List – Day 16 🍇
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @songbirdme
    @stitchincarol

Day 16 – 16:8

DH purchased more ground meat than he needed for his batch of chili this weekend so I get to try a wonderful recipe we found to use the rest of the meat. Gingery ground beef with lime and herbs. Hoping it is half as good as it sounds. Intended to be served over rice, I’ll pull out riced cauliflower for my serving.

What I need to do is learn and start cooking is Indian dishes, we do have a wonderful local spice shop that does have everything we need. No Indian food restaurants in my locale, and it has been years since I’ve had some good Indian Cooking. (About 6 years since we attended a huge Indian wedding reception for the son of one of my husband’s co-workers). But I will never stop missing having a Tandoori restaurant on every corner like I did in London.

@funshipfreddie my vote is for worji! I ❤️It!

@lilymartin my sympathies! Perhaps a nutritionist would have helpful advice? My mother’s IBS escalated into full blown diverticulitis toward the end of her life and it was very hard for her. I get angry knowing that all the eating advice from the medical professionals she was given is now considered the wrong thing to do with her condition.

I have had better luck than she – with eating journal to control my own borderline IBS, and I think the key to gut issues is always individual. Not a scientifically sound opinion, but an observational theory. For me, wheat is a big trigger for reflux and gut disturbance. I am not gluten intolerant but must keep wheat scarce if I’m to feel well. (Wheetabix has moved from an eating staple to a rare treat 😢). The other thing that helps me is not ingesting anything but plain water for 3-4 hours before bedtime.

@northgeorgia I’m glad the major stressor is in your past. Hopefully a good night of sleep will follow tonight.

@litprof I adore that calm happy morning feeling with a sunbeam and cat purr touch!

I’m not officially on the pocket list today, but am with all in spirit!

Day 16 – Ireland – NFD

Hello all,

All go here, mums carer tested positive last week so we have been busier than usual…

Mum is boosted so we are not worried for her but we miss our saint of a carer… I am boosted too! 💉 as of today… hurrah! Underlying pulmonary disease meant I was called in.. very grateful 🤗

I feel I have missed a lot of news as have still not caught up on posts but still on my reading list 📚🤗

Stay safe everyone… things are a little bit rocky here in Ireland with our numbers 🦠 but hopefully we’ll see full light soon ☀️

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17 CD country west Australia
    Thank you all for your sympathies. Sitting here typing wondering if I will ever not notice my stomach again. You know how you often don’t notice you have a pain until you are without the pain – if that makes sense!
    @mariaelena, yes I have just started to keep a food diary as we are notoriously inaccurate in remembering how much and what we eat ( hence I am on here !!!!) and also how much exercise one has done ( hence I am on here!!)
    Tragically @funshipfreddie I do think caffeine might be a trigger 😳😢😲🙄😱😱😱😢😢. After a lifetime of several cups of coffee a day at any time of the day or night that habit looks like it might have to end….BTW you sound like a wordsmith. I love the quit-spiration. 👏 Also the worji.🙂
    @daffodil2010, I have obviously been absent for too long and am so intrigued by your posts about ‘new’ family for your DH that I will have to take time this weekend to sit with a cup of….. something….and read through from day 1.
    @jaifaim, sorry to hear about your mother’s carer. 😔 It must be very busy for you all for the next little while.
    Thank goodness for the vax and the booster. I get very cross with anti-vaxxers here in WA. Will hold the whole state to ransom as we are not open until 90% of the population vaccinated.😞
    Must away for another day at work.
    Onward and onward…

Day 16 – Ireland – FD

Happy Wednesday all!

I am feeling good after the booster and celebrated with a yum achar curry last night 🍛. I love anything with pickles 😋

Today has to be a FD though…. I have been hovering around 163lbs for months and now is the time to get down to 160… and stay there 👍

Thanks @lilymartin it is hard to manage when our carer is off – but my siblings are also great so we do pull together… most of the time… we’ve had our issues but most of the time it works well 👍. I had a lovely weekend with mum and had her “back” for a little while so lots and lots of chat 😍. Very precious times.

Carers are saints – I know I say it a lot but really they are – we would not be able to keep mum (and dad before he passed) home without their help 💖 and we’ve learned so much from them.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket List Day 17
    @jaifaim

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Day 2 of ELAB this week, had the big salad last night, was 23:1. Still no movement on scales and every pound that was lost and came back is still there!!!! This is what, in other dietary regimes, would be pointed out as my body going into “starvation mode” and holding onto the pounds as I am not eating enough.

Well, I just don’t believe in the starvation mode baloney, as I say to one of my friends who quotes that at me, I tell her “Ain’t none of us starving here!!!” 😆

I will continue to grind on, water, coffee, tea until evening then it’s a toss between the big salad or cooked veg with some protein….not sure yet.

I sure don’t feel like that loss was a figment of my imagination, waist is down 2 inches and my tum feels lighter…so with faith I go on.

@jaifaim, so good to have you back, you are so right about carers, absolute Angels. My Dad has one that is a great help, thankfully Dad still compos me this and relatively mobile and independent but it’s a relief to know this great guy comes in every day to make Dad breakup fast, clean his room and bathroom, and generally have a chat with him. It stops Dad lolling about in bed too ha ha.

Yes, figures in Ireland getting serious again. Hopefully I will get called for my booster soon as I just had the one shot Johnson one, so it’s time to boost up.

My DH’s boss us an anti-Vaxxer, and that’s fine, every one has the right to choose, however the poor man has Covid for the past two weeks and it has now come to pneumonia. Last week everyone was chuckling saying rough justice, but now it’s getting serious as last night he was in Emergency on oxygen. Everyone is really worried now, and he would be relatively fit and healthy.

Take care everyone. It’s still a tough world out there, but we will keep each other safe.

Pocket list Day 17
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@mariaelena – Worji it is! 🇼 🇴 🇷 🇯 🇮 😃

@lilymartin – I hope you get some relief soon! There are some good alternatives to regular coffee. Decaf, obviously. And I found a drink called Barley Cup, which is really good. It’s made from barley, rye & chicory. I think it’s Polish, but most health food type stores seem to stock it here http://www.barleycup.com

Happy Hump Day! 🐫 🐪

Day 17 OMAD London

@daffodil2010. Stick with it! I’m doing just the same as you, ELAB, and I’m sticking with it. Rightly or wrongly, I don’t weigh myself because the scales have always been my enemy – lose weight and I proceed to overeat, put on weight and a big black cloud hangs over me…, so I don’t know if lbs are going off, but I feel slimmer and look better, and my stomach is smaller. No cheat days! Fair enough. I like clear instructions, and easy to follow rules.

Is it really hump day already? H

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 344 total)

You must be logged in to reply.