Newbie today…. very determined

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi everyone
    I tried this way of eating a few years ago and felt great…
    but I have now slipped into bad eating and drinking habits…

I eat a mostly plant based diet…. I have been veggie for over 30 years but no longer eat eggs.

Anyone wanting to share recipes or advice… please get in touch..
    🙂🙃🙂

So you want recipes for plant-based, no egg foods. More on the Vegan side. Fish or seafood? Cheese?
    This is good:

MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLES: SIDEKICKS II Oct 4, 2017
    2 c. [add chickpeas]: 155 cal 2.2 g fat 9.5 g fiber 8.4 g protein 28 g carbs 106 mg Calcium
    2 c. [no chickpeas] 102 cal 1.0 g fat 7 g fiber 5.8 g protein 20 g carbs 89 mg Calcium
    2 cups eggplant, peeled & cubed OR 1 and 1/2 cup bell peppers, cubed 2 cups tomato, cubed 2 cups zucchini, cubed 2 cloves garlic 1.5 tsp oregano ½ cup chickpeas, rised and drained [optional]
    Prepare all the vegetables, and put them in a saucepan. Simmer, covered, until cooked through. If watery, remove lid and continue to simmer. Add oregano, salt and pepper to taste, and the chickpeas. Use whatever amount you wish for this meal and freeze the remainder in 1/2-cup or 1-cup portions.

So is this:

FELAFEL: Stocking Up I-4-’17
    So convenient to have in the freezer for ‘instant’ meals.
    2 cups canned chick peas I like Goya brand [if you use dried chickpeas, you will get a grainer product. Factor in the time to reconstitute and cook them] 1.5 cloves garlic, crushed [add as much as you enjoy!] ¼ cup celery, minced ¼ c. scallions, sliced 1 egg 1.5 tsp tahini ½ t. cumin ½ t. tumeric ¼ t. cayenne ¼ t. black pepper 1.5 t. salt
    Combine in food processer until ingredients form a uniform paste. Scoop into a bowl and chill 1 hour. Form into balls on a silicone mat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet. I used a 1 and 1/2 Tbsp scoop and then flattened the patties. TIP: You don’t have to bake them now. You could freeze the patties on a cookie sheet, then put them frozen into bags to cook later. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. The patties should be heated through and have an outside ‘crust’ which is firm to the touch. In most recipes, you will cook them further. At this point you want them to be firm enough to store well. There will be about 25 of them. Use now or cool and freeze for later use.

I’ve got lots of recipes. The references you see in the upper right of the recipe tells the name and date of when it was posted in my blog. I have breakfast recipes, too if you eat in the morning.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.