Newbie…Starting for 1st time tomorrow.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GraciesGran 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Going to give this a try as I think I’ve got a good chance of been strict two days a week, and relaxing the other 5 days (without going crazy).

Want to keep the fasting days very simple as too busy to mess with recipes/prep work etc..

Thinking of Fasting Tuesdays/Thursdays

Was thinking of the following :-

Breakfast : 1 Weetabix with semi skinned milk (~180 kcals) or a banana
    Lunch: Heinz Big Soup (214 kcals)
    Dinner: Heinz Big Soup (214 kcals)

Advise or tips would be appreciated.

I started last week and have had 2 fast days so far, like you I’m now doing Tuesday and Thursday, they are the days I work and am removed from temptation. I’m having a banana for breakfast, a huge bowl of salad for lunch and some chicken/grilled fish and green veg for supper. I’m drinking fizzy water by the gallon and hope that the rushing up and down stairs to the ladies will also burn some fat. My work trousers feel looser already but I’m not sure if thats my imagination or not, I’ll weigh myself at the weekend.

Hello. I started yesterday and found the first fasting day OK. I had porridge and blackberries for breakfast and in the evening, I ate tuna, ratatouille and cauliflower and a natural yoghurt in the evening. I wasn’t hungry until I’d eaten my evening meal but then I was very hungry.

I tried to keep busy and did 2 hours of gardening in the afternoon to keep my mind off food. I hope 5:2 works for me because I have about 20kg to lose. Good luck both of you who’ve posted here.

Hi,
    See how it goes for you but you might find you can skip breakfast and just have 2 meals a day. I love breakfast but on fast days I find I can make it to lunchtime without any problems (as long as I’m at work and have a couple of cups of tea to keep me going!)
    Sasha

I weighed myself on Sunday and I’m about a 1lb down. I’m having porridge for breakfast and bowl of salad for lunch. Dinner is basically grilled meat/fish and veg. I’m sleeping like a log and I think that this is having a positive effect on my asthma. I’m going on a hen weekend in June and I don’t mind being the old, grey haired lady in the party but have no intention of being the fat, old, grey haired lady.

I weighed myself on Monday and was 0.5kg down so similar to you, GraciesGran. No fast weight loss for me but of course, it’s better to lose slowly. Even though my weight hasn’t changed much, I certainly feel less bloated and think my tum is a bit smaller. This week, I fasted on Monday (about 520 cals), Tuesday I did 800, Wednesday NFD (1900) and today I’m doing about 700.

I’m giving this method a try as I can easily do 700 to 800 caloreis but find 500 difficult because I’m trying to do more exercise.

I’ll let you know how much I lose on Monday. We’re going to Paris for the weekend so it might be difficult.

Hope Paris was good. Did not weigh myself yesterday, had granddaughter staying overnight so forgot all about it. Stomach feels a bit smaller but the most important thing is that I feel better and the whole thing feels achievable. Spent Monday at the allotment so am hoping the exercise will have shifted a few calories.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.