Newbie here; would like a 5:2 buddy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Newbie here; would like a 5:2 buddy

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ema_chelle 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi,

I have been on a low-carb (but not high fat) diet for about 3 weeks. I always planned to switch things up because, in the past, I have found that for me, it’s harder to have continuous weight loss the longer I stay one just one diet. Switching things up seems to “confuse” my body and therefore it doesn’t know what to expect, so I just keep losing.

Anyway, it’s actually been a while since I have been on a diet because I had been eating fairly low carb as a way of life. That all changed after I got divorced 2 years ago and moved to my parent’s property so I could go back to school and not have to worry about a rent or mortgage. “Unfortunately”, my mom is a really good cook and loves to make tortillas, which are almost impossible to resist lol.l Needless to say, I have gained way too much weight in the last year and a half and I really need to do something about it. So I started drastically cutting carbs 3 wks ago (not fanatically though), and have lost 3 lbs. In the meantime, I found this diet plan and it seems to be just the thing I need. Today is Sunday; I started the plan on Friday. Although, I’m planning on tweaking it a bit and making it 4:3, as I’d like to lose as much weight as I can between now and mid-August when we’re having a big family reunion.

On Friday I ate normally, which entailed limiting my carbs…no prob. Yesterday was my first official “fast” day, and I ended up staying under the 500 calories, but wasn’t starving, probably due to the fact that I just noshed on low-carb, but filling veggies, as well as sugar free jello and a stick of string cheese. Today I am eating normally again, but actually seemed to be hungrier, and I’m guessing that is because I didn’t make a point to graze. However, it’s nothing I can’t handle. As a matter of fact, I’m eating a bowl of diced cucumbers, tomatoes and a bit of turkey right now.

Anyway, if there’s anyone out there who wants to buddy up with me, I’m here. It’s more convenient for me to converse via something like Facebook messenger or text, so if you don’t mind, neither do I. Otherwise, email might take me a bit longer to receive or reply to messages. Just let me know what works for you!

Btw, does anyone know if this diet has an app or something? Maybe it’ll also have a message service?

Thanks in advance for reading this and for any responses.

Hi Ema-chelle
    I would be happy to buddy up with you. I started yesterday and suffered badly. I got to 9pm then ate an entire tub of ben and Jerrys. am trying not to beat myself up too much about it and will start anew tomorrow. In hindsight I should have come onto the forums for added motivation and to keep my mind off the hunger, headaches etc. As tomorrow I will be at work I am more than a little scared of feeling the way I did most of yesterday.

Hi there,

It’s still pretty early for me, and I’m going back to sleep for about an hour after I write this message.

I just wanted to wish you good luck at work today. Like you said, you can always start over again today, so don’t let yesterday’s slip put you in tomorrow’s tumble. In the past, when I’ve had terrible cravings, I’ll allow myself a very small amount of whatever it is I want. Then I eat it super slowly, and tell myself if I still really want more in a half hour, I’ll get more. I usually forget about it when my time limit comes around. Maybe that’ll help you?

I’m taking a summer class right now, and my day being broken up tends to help me out with my diet because I don’t have the time to sit around and munch, or think much about food.

I have a hard time getting emails when I’m on campus, so if you have Facebook and would like to send me a message throughout the day, I’m happy to add you.

I’ll be checking back here after I wake up, and before I take off for class.

Good luck today! 🙂

Amy

Hi Amy

I am hoping that being at work will help take my mind off the hunger more than being at home but I am scared as I felt so lethargic yesterday afternoon I was only able to do housework after I’d had my dinner at 6pm. I think from now on I am just going to have something more if I feel too unbearably awful as surely having 600 cals instead of 500 is better than an entire tub of ice cream! Anyways my facebook name is Michaela Winchester. Looking forward to our journey together 🙂
    Michaela

Hi again,

There are a few people with your name, so I’m not sure which one you are.

I’m not sure if you can find my name because I took it out of the search engine, but you can try. My name on fb is Ame Davis (I use my nickname as my first name there). My picture is me with the rainbow filter that Facebook recently have the option for.

Let me know if you find me. You can also email me at ema.sivad@gmail.con and we can figure out how to find each other lol.

Have a great day!

I forgot to say that if you find my name, it says I’m from Sacramento, CA, if that helps any 🙂

Hi there,

I was just checking in to see how you’re holding up. Let me know!

Hope you’re having a good day 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.