Newbie checking in from Ontario Canada

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Wwallace 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hello everyone! I just joined the forum today and thought I’d introduce myself. I’m 40 years old and have been on the 5:2 for about 3 months now. My wife has been on the diet for 2 years and has had great results so she encouraged me to try it. I’m 40 years old and had been over 200 lbs since grade 11, topping out at 238 1 year ago. Traditional diets got me down to 220 but I couldn’t seem to get any lower and the yo-yo effect seemed to be the norm. After 3 months on 5:2 I’m now down to 189lbs and I haven’t felt this good in forever! My blood pressure and blood sugar levels were both a concern before and they’ve followed my weight to the point where I’m actually out of the danger zone :). Anyway, just wanted to express my gratitude to the diet and everyone behind it!

Pete

Congratulations and well done…push on into the New Year with new goals…it’s a good way of life

X

Great work, Pete! My husband joined me on this Lifestyle and lost 40 pounds. Everyone here on the Forum will offer you support if you need it, but with your wife as a participant you should have it made. Just curious: who plans the meals in your household? Chez Nous, I keep the file of Fast recipes and plan the meals. My husband prepares the breakfasts, as he has always done, but for Fast Days I lay out the ingredients for him to carry out the recipe. It all works well.

We only eat 1 meal on our fast days, dinner. My wife always has the meal planned out beforehand and usually it consists of salmon, a chicken breast or tuna the odd time and an elaborate salad to go with the meal.

Cheers,
    Pete

Your wife sounds like me: I do the food planning for Fast Days, tho as I said, my husband cooks the breakfast. How many calories in that one meal and when do you eat it? Just curious. My husband can’t imagine not eating breakfast.
    Happy New Year.

Hi everyone, I’m reading fast diets for dummies even though I’ve been intermittent fasting for over a year now ( correction micro fasting) I’ve had great results and dropped 15 pounds down from 190 lbs. at 5′ 7″ my ideal weight would be at 145- 150lbs Is that realistic? So I know this lifestyle works, to reduce weight but recently my belly fat has been increasing and I’m thinking it’s due to sugar content in my diet ( the food industry puts sugar in everything in North America ) so I think my insulin is still high as belly fat is a sign of this. I consume a bottle of red on the weekend and love my roasted veggies as I’m 99 % vegan. Fish and cheese
    are my greatness nemesis as a vegan. But I don’t go crazy on it. I’m finishing my last glass of vino tonight for the next 3 months alcohol will not touch my lips. I’m going to reduce my consumption of sugar to 7 grams a day which should be obtainable with no processed foods. Any advice would be appreciated .
    Thanks,
    Wayne from Canada

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.