Newbie – Can I really lose weight ?.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bos 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi All… I am starting the fast diet today…
    Im Going to try to go as long as possible before I eat anything today and stick to 800calories .

but the question is around non fast days… The calculator says My Tdee is 2535.. I’m female – 5ft 8″ and weigh 116kgs and I exercise about 3 times a week.

Can I really eat that much 5days a week and lose weight ?

You are right, Wanna-be. A TDEE of 2535 will keep you right where you are now.
    Try recalculating your TDEE using the weight you WANNA-BE, rather than the weight you ARE. I did a calculation for you just now, and if you want to weigh 90 kg, the TDEE would be 2260. [made a wild guess at your age] See how that changes things? Also, try low-balling your amount of exercise when you calculate the TDEE.

What you eat on Slow Days also determines how much weight you lose. It is not exactly true that ‘you can eat anything you want’ on Slow Days. Over time, your appetite will change and you won’t find yourself being so hungry on most days. That helps too.

Good luck.

thankyou… I didn’t think to put in the weight i wanted to be.. Will try that.

1st fast is going ok so far… I’ve had about 600 calories today and don’t intend to eat anything else unless I have a glass of milk before i go to make sure I’m not going to bed hungry.

Hello all I’m starting my Fast diet tomorrow. I’m going to follow the recipes provided but can I assume that the calories indicated for a meal refer to each portion not the entire meal for eg. porridge with pistachios and chia (370 cals & serves 2)?Thanks. MOS

Welcome, MaryO. Not sure which recipe book you are using, but the calories would be for one portion.

If you like porridge, you might enjoy this:
    Oatmeal Pudding: 258 calories 4 g fat 5.4 g fiber 14 g protein 36 g carb 55.6 mg Calcium GF PB A riff on a recipe found in Marion Cunningham’s Breakfast Book, this can easily be prepared the night before. NB: THIS MAKES ENOUGH FOR TWO [2] SERVINGS.  Make them both, as two are as easy as one, and freeze the other.
    1/2 cup rolled oats, cooked in 1 cup water 2 tsp maple syrup ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon 4 Tbsp. blueberries [fresh or frozen] blackish coffee [53 calories] or blackish tea or lemon in hot water
    Cook the oatmeal in the water. Take off the heat, stir in the maple syrup and nutmeg. While it is still a little warm, stir in the cottage cheese. Let sit to cool. HINT: I did this part the night before while cleaning up after dinner. If making one portion, pour half of the pudding into a freezer container and top with 2 Tbsp blueberries. Freeze it. HINT: make the entire batch, eat half of it today and freeze the rest for a really simple-to-prepare breakfast for another day. With the remainder, stir in 2 Tbsp blueberries and pour the pudding into a ramekin. Nuke it for a minute to heat through – longer than that and it will bubble over. Serve with the hot beverage of your choice for a hearty, healthy meal.

We like eggs for a Fast Breakfast, as the protein in them suppresses hunger.

For today’s Fast, we had a Creole Egg Bake with apple slices at breakfast and dinner will be a Ham +Oyster Casserole. Happy Fasting.

MaryO and wanna-be: Ignore all posts trying to turn you on to special teas that ‘magically’ help you to lose weight. BAD.

good results from yesterday’s Fast — I lost 1.4 pounds. 🙂

You can lose weight, just put the work to it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.