This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gadabout 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Greetings fellow Brits! Just starting on this 5:2 journey and have 6 stones to loose……..somewhat daunted by the task but needs must if I want to continue my retirement in the way hubby and I have planned it out!! Health has to be a priority πŸ‘ We are currently half way through a six month trip in the USA and I would love to be just a tad lighter on the way home!! πŸ˜€

Hello newbie from a Newbie – and someone else with a serious amount to lose – I’m looking at 4.5 to 5 stone. Saying it like that – even quickly is daunting. I used to be so judgemental about overweight people – always a mistake! You are right – health is the thing! You will be lighter on the way home – you have decided. Also a Brit – sitting in the Spring sun with the first cut of the lawn today. Enjoy America – enjoy life….

Hi gadabout, that must be hard to try and lose weight when abroad. Also from what i remember good food can be hard to come by, I wish you lots of good fortune and patience from London. I have just started this IF and am getting used to feeling hungry and not thinking I`m dying! πŸ™‚ Mark

Hi all, I started my 5/2 last Sunday and today is my 2nd fast day, have to say if you plan and can cook it’s fairly easy meal wise. I did this plan 2 years ago for 6 weeks and lost 6 kilos which meant I could wear size 14 again, although I didn’t drink alcoholπŸ˜‚. Today I did something new and went to the gym and did 40 minutes weights and a bit of cardio To warm up. I really expected to be beside myself with hunger but I lasted 2 hours before my first meal so am really pleased with myself!

Gadabout you have set yourself a real challenge to lose weight on holiday! Well done and good luck πŸ€

Great to hear from you guys, thank you. As we are travelling we don’t always have access to decent wifi unless we go into McDonald’s (a difficult visit bit can get all you can drink ‘senior’s coffee’ for 69c and unlimited dependable wifi lol). As we have spent six months every year for the last six years travelling, it’s not really a holiday, more my ‘other’ life!!! Just said goodbye to friends so we are now travelling on our own and my first 500 day starts tomorrow (after a Walmart shop). Good luck to us all and look forward to keeping up with you all 😎 πŸ‘

Welcome, assorted newbies, from an ex-newbie! I began my 5:2 journey a year ago and have lost 4.5 stone, so I know you can all do this. Not all at once, but just day by day. Eventually, you’ll be looking back at a year, too!

Best of luck to you all. πŸ™‚

Thanks, Lolly! Just the encouragement I need as I sit in a very windy campsite in Texas (we just missed the tornadoe they had yesterday…..). Hubby is enjoying a glass of malt and a packet of crisps whilst imbibing a small(ish) glass of single malt and I have just enjoyed a delicious raw carrot……pizza for him and my last 250 canaries for me in a while………

Missing tornadoes is a very good thing… I love the sound of your adventure, travelling for 6 months at a time to really get the feel of a place.

Hope your fast day went well!

It did, thanks. Came in at about 520 so happy with that. πŸ˜€ πŸ‘ 😎

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.