This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  orcamaus 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m a newbie here but have done the fast in the past. It was helpful but I just stop doing it. I’m up 10 pounds and decided to try it again. So happy to find forum and support.

I was going to wait till tomorrow to post because I wanted to join the March challenge. I’m not 100% sure I’m doing this correctly.

Starting at 147 pounds and would like to lose that 10 pounds. At 71, I’ve shrunk a bit in height.

I will be fasting Mondays and probably Thursdays.

Will continue with 10 to 15 minutes of yoga in the morning, kettle bell workout to just three times a week, walking for 20 to 30 minutes five times a week and using my elliptical machine 2 to 3 times a week. I teach an hour-long yoga class once a week so I’ll include that as well.

I do have a question. The book says not to fast on consecutive days but I think I’ve seen several post hear that people are doing that. Has that guidelines changed? The book I have is a couple of years old and things do change.

I’m enjoying seeing everybody’s posts. So nice to encourage one another on this journey toward health and wellness.

Separating fast days generally makes 5;2 easier and more sustainable, but you are right, some people find it suits them best to do the two fast days together, and that will work fine.

I’m not only new to this site; I’m also new to this form of dieting – and I’m VERY curious how it will work.

I’m most likely to separate the fasting days because that corresponds better with my current work rota.

I’ve read that on fasting days women should not eat more than 500 kcals; but it’s also mentioned that this number is merely a rule of thumb based on the assumption that women need 2000 calories per day.

However, my TDEE was calculated with merely 1636 calories; I suppose that means that my food consumption should remain at about 400 kcals on a fasting day…?!
    AAAARGH!!!
    That won’t be easy – but fortunately, I’ve found that 2 cans of Mushroom soup (spread over the day) just cover that amount – and as long as I don’t have to fast on two consecutive days this appears to be do-able… 😉

I’ll be curious to find out how well I can stick to the 5:2 protocol – and how well (fast?!) this will work for me, because I am currently 16kg overweight… 🙁

Good luck to all fellow-5:2 dieters… 😀

…or 4 bananas at 100 kcal per piece
    😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.