Newbie??

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  laniebaby45 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi I am new too this been doung it for nearly a week I am finding it ok at moment. Having fast day today bit hungrey at moment so had glass of water now a herbal tea hopefully it should subside till dinner?? ;0)

Hello, Hope you made it till dinner!I started last week too. Keeping busy helps me to keep my mind of food. Late afternoons are the most difficult. I don’t eat breakfast and usually have cottage cheese at 2 and then some bouillon late afternoon.A savoury taste helps to tide me over till dinner.Herbal tea in evenings feels better somehow, perhaps because there’s more in my stomach
    Good luck, happy fasting! Marcella in Holland

Hi All, just finished the first week myself. I have lost 4.5lb and feel great! Hope this continues. I am finding that, even if I am hungry during the day, I know that that will not kill me, and that whatever I fancy to eat I can have the day after. However on my feast days I am no hungrier than I would be normally and am not overeating, just eating healthily and normally. No loss in energy which I was, as a runner, worried about. Week 1 verdict – brilliant!

Hi people , I m 41, unable to exercise as i used to, because of lower back pain, and wishing to lose a stone, and more importantly, TO KEEP IT OFF!
    I finished my 1st week, lost 4lb,(2kg) and felt ever so positive and happy whilst doing it…… I ve tried with reducing calories daily for ages and I can t do it , I think it s in my head….I feel too frustrated, and end up bingeing, and when I “fall off the wagon” it makes me feel useless. And also, it s terrible but I ve got no patience, that s my main problem….and because the only exercise I can do is walk, the pounds don t really go….getting results straight away puts me on the right path if you know what I mean…I m even tempted now to start 6:1 already, but a Spanish holiday s coming and, I know it s a bit “vain” I want to feel great in my bathing suit…so I d like to lose another 3kg.
    I think the success of 5;2 is that I don t feel like a dieter any longer….I feel like I can eat whatever I want on normal days, and even if (surprisingly enough) I don t overeat then, I know that if I want to, I sort of can…to some extent…which makes my feast day easier…and my normal day something to look forward to….and that s what works for me. A 500calories day is a bit hard (although my 2sd one already felt easier) but you know that it s just a day and you can eat normally afterwards. The main thing I found , is to keep busy : I find little things to do around the house, then go to work and tend to keep my main calorie intake for the evening as falling asleep hungry seems to be my main issue. …(if you ve got any tip please help!!!)…and because I m always very thirsty during feast days, I need the loo a lot at night…
    As opposed to what I thought, I feel strangely awake on my feast days….and relaxed…(not agressive as I used to be)… I don t like my hunger pangs (I hope I ll get used to them) and the fact I find it hard to fall asleep but I really like the mindset you re in when you re doing it… I feel I m doing something good for my body and mind….
    I love reading people s experiences about this diet on a feast day…it helps me a lot.
    Good luck everyone.
    S.

Thanks fr all your replies Good Luck too All & I Am doing GREAT ;0)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.