New Year – New Start – January 2019 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New Year – New Start – January 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 959 replies, has 65 voices, and was last updated by  Betsylee 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 963 total)

• Day 15. London UK. FD

Sorry, can someone add me to the pocket list? I can’t copy and paste for some reason.

Quick update – my friend Elaine’s funeral finally happened on Friday. Against expectations, it was a lovely day. We took over a nice pub in Highgate and really had fun. Saw lots of old friends and made a few new ones. Elaine would have loved it. She was a keen party giver and made sure her last one was a good ‘un. Sad, sad.

Day 15 Pocket List
    @betsylee
    @elektron
    @chipmunk13
    @snowflake56
    @emmataylor

@emmataylor-you’re added.

Good luck fasters. Stay strong.

Day 15……Florida…..FD

Well, I slipped yesterday but not posting. I only ended up eating a late lunch, no dinner! Today, I’m just going to do a FD.

I am also really behind on reading posts.

Hopefully, I’ll get caught up today!

I finally did it
    I bought shoes with memory foam
    So,now no more forgetting why I walked into the kitchen!

Day #15, NC, USA – NFD

Good Morning/Evening everyone. This is Day #3 for me on the boards so thank you to everyone I missed including on my “thank you” post the previous days. Here are my results:

Weight this morning, 181.2. It’s crazy how the weight drops (and adds) so drastically for me between the FD and NFD even though I worked to stay super hydrated. (yesterday was 183.8)

Snuck out of work for a quick 3.74 mile run, so I have successfully completed 18.74 out of 1000 miles for the year. By the end of the day, I was really struggling but pushed through. Happy with the drop since I am shaking things up with the cold weather and still using Stevia as a sweetener for tea on the FD’s. When @emma1202 and I did the fast earlier last year, we didn’t do stevia on our fast days. Bottom line is that we both love tea too much in the winter to not drink it on the FD’s.

Thank you for the warm welcome @annemarilyn, @greta, @flourbaby, @betsylee, @emma1202, @at, @debster251 and my new 1000 mile friend @erika45.

To one and all, Happy Fasting! Stay Strong! Continue to have an outstanding day!

Day 15 USA (Illinois) FD

Need to do a FD today. Had an afternoon meeting yesterday with absolutely delicious sweets. Had to have a few, but feeling the calories today.

@evolutioncoach – welcome! Seems like you’re like lots of us with weight popping up and down. I admire your ability to get in a run like that. Congratulations on your stamina!

Joining today’s pocket list:

Day 15 Pocket List
    @betsylee
    @elektron
    @chipmunk13
    @snowflake56
    @emmataylor
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 15. UK. NFD

Yesterday I succumbed and my intended FD turned into a CD. Not much harm done, if any.

However was up today at 4:00am after only 3 1/2 hours sleep. By 10:00am I was so hungry I’d have eaten a scabby dog. Normally I never feel like eating until early afternoon. My food plan also went out the window and I had cheese on gluten free buttered toast …. then the flood gates opened and ate other stuff too. My mind & stomach became possessed by the Dastardly Devil 👿. I was just so hungry and strangely nauseous like I’ve never felt before. Now I’m comfortable, satiated, not overfull and sleepy, so will go for a nap shortly. Hopefully I can salvage something by eating lighter for the rest of the day.

@gretta I think we are twins. It’s also been advised I follow Fodmap (got a great app to assist) This isn’t always easy being celiac too.

@chipmunk13 sounds like you’re doing great on 800 cal days. Well done.

Day 15 Pocket List
    @betsylee
    @elektron
    @chipmunk13
    @snowflake56
    @emma Taylor
    @songbirdme

Off for a nap 😴

Peace & Love

Fingers crossed this posts. Tried to edit.

Day 15. UK. NFD

Yesterday my intended FD became a CFD. Not much harm done if any.

However I was up today at 4:30 after only 3 1/2 hours sleep. By 10:00am I was so hungry I’d have eaten a scabby dog. Normally I don’t feel like eating until the early afternoon. My food plan also went out the window and I gluten free buttered cheese on toast….then the flood gates opened and I ate other stuff too.

My mind and stomach became possessed by the Dastardly Devil 👿. I was just so hungry and strangely nauseous like I’ve never felt before. Now I’m comfortable, satiated & sleepy, so will go for a nap soon.

Hopefully I can salvage something by eating lighter for the rest of the day.

@gretta I think we are twins. I’ve also been advised to eat a low fodmap diet, which I find difficult being celiac too. But I do my best.

@chipmunk13 sounds like you’re doing good on 800 cals a day. Well done 👍

Day 15 Pocket List
    @betsylee
    @elektron
    @chipmunk13
    @snowflake56
    @emma taylor
    @songbirdme

Off for a nap 😴

Peace & Love

Day 15 Melb Aust, failed FD, probably CD – second post

Well, that was a washout! I did really well up till dinnertime, but then ate more than the FD limit, then a bit more again, so probably best called a CD. I am thinking that like @jumpgoldpenguin, it may be better for me to entirely skip food for my FDs. It seems that once I start eating, I want to keep eating. Not sure what to do about my two meds, as I really can’t swallow them just with fluid. Maybe I’ll skip them for those days. Probably okay – no need for Nexium if you’re not eating, and my half a blood pressure tablet (I’m on about the lowest dose possible!) probably isn’t needed on a fast day either.

@elektron, I’m also trying to do TRE, but 16:8: eat after midday, and stop eating by 8 p.m. I usually eat my dinner between 6 and 7 p.m. I’m doing it on every day, not just FDs. Do you usually finish eating by 6 p.m.? I think I’d find that too difficult – but then I also tend to go to bed around midnight.

@gretta, thanks for the encouragement re the plateau – I think part of it is the above – once I start eating, I want to eat more, so I may try restricting my FDs to fluid only and see if that helps.

@daffodil2010, hope you’ve fully recovered from your cold. Unpleasant to be sick like that in the middle of winter.

@emma1202, yes, I was very thankful to keep my leg. Not that I was told how serious it could be when I was in China. I was evacuated back to Melbourne for total knee reconstruction surgery, but after being in plaster then a few months of intensive physio and exercise no surgery was needed at all, and I was able to return to China. Several orthopaedic surgeons and doctors, once they see my Xrays, have told me how fortunate I was not to lose my leg, and also how amazing it is that I have such use and mobility in the leg. I just thank God for His goodness in that.

Going to the Australian Open tennis tomorrow, yay! so not a FD. Will try to do B2B Thursday and Friday to make up. Happy fasting everyone!!!

Day 15, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B2B)

Quick & late post as I’m swamped at work.

Having heralded my previous successes with the basic 5:2 and saying I was going back to what worked at the beginning …………………….Yesterday turned into a surprise WFD!!!!! I had a hospital appointment in the afternoon with strict instructions to WF for 6hrs before it. I then went shopping & visited my mum, by the time I got home I didn’t fancy the planned stir-fry …………………… so WFD it was!!!! I haven’t done one of those for a long time, so I’m patting myself on the back and banking it for the next time I hurl myself off of the wagon!

I broke my fast with soup this afternoon at 2pm, so in total it was a 43hr WFD ……………………. I wasn’t ravenous, but soup never tasted soooooooo good.

Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 15: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    I really don’t know why I state the above as all I ever do is run behind the wagon, just calling out for a chat each day. Fasting? What is that? It seems an age since I was on that wagon with you people, so strong, so motivated..
    Anyway.
    @jumpgoldpenguin: So glad you are finding a way to keep on keeping on. Those horrible scales are known as “Cruella” by many on this forum, you see the reason. Nasty things!

@daffodil2010: Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell, but good that you are feeling so much better today. The stressful times over your dad have probably lowered your immunity.

@jaifaim: full of admiration for you managing sugar-free. Sugar is my addiction of choice, and boy am I hooked. Luckily alcohol is not a problem; I hate the taste, always have done! Good luck.

Day 15 – USA – NFD

Amazing that half the month whizzed by already! @daffodil2010, hope the docs get your dad’s diagnosis sorted out and glad you are feeling a little better. @anna6, how is little Eve doing?

Day 15 – UK – 800cal FD

Well I managed a 40hr WFD drinking only black tea and lots of water – I have to admit I did feel a bit hungry at times but distractions worked well. I was much inspired by @annemarilyn
    Exercise wise I managed to do 45min of Broga, 1hr Pilates and 2.5hr of Yoga yesterday and then did a 1.5hr hike this morning with my walking group. I broke my fast with a late lunch of smoked haddock chowder with a poached egg and a small slice of sourdough bread – around 600cals so far saving 200 for the evening in case I need it. OH and I are off to our High Impact Pilates class at 1630 so will see how I feel……..

@jumpgoldpenguin – you are right in trying out different regimens to see what works best for you – this WOL is flexible and allows for that. So glad that you are liking the yoga link I sent you – maybe you can find a local teacher to join her/his classes – great benefits in doing classes instead of practicing on your own. I suspect you’re 2.6kg is mostly water retention – be interesting to hear what your weight is after your TOM?
    @mogaman – not sure what happened there – maybe someone filled in theirs on your line by mistake – when I went to have a look your line was only filled until mid this week……..I would just delete what is on your line that does not reflect your WOL
    @erika45 – great willpower In resisting brownies especially with the cooking smells around you 💪
    @dykask – you are progressing with your frog stands target!!
    @elektron – Day 9 of 800cals – great job! your episode with a prepared lasagna just goes to show how much better home made food is for you!
    @chipmunk13 – you and @elektron are on the path at the moment so can support each other! I’m joining the the two of you with 800cals for a 2-3 days this week. This was the yoga link I posted and you can other videos of different levels of classes – I like her style and she explains clearly how to move as well
    Yoga For Beginners – The Basics – Yoga With Adriene – YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWobp3phsEU
    @jaifaim – WOW Janudry and sugar free 💪 Amazing job!!
    @daffodil2010 – 🤗 hopefully the issues with your Dad’s care can be resolved to both his and the family’s satisfaction.
    @emma-taylor – funerals are meant to celebrate one’s life and I’m sure your friend would have been pleased to see you all together reminiscing and having a laugh 🤗
    @betsylee – lucky you getting tickets to the Australian Open – do you know who you will get to see playing? I have been following it here -Sharapova got out with 2 donuts!!! and poor Azarenka has not got back to her level pre baby but I gather she has other personal issues going – she was so disappointed!!
    @flourbaby – you and me both with a surprising WFD yesterday!!! and we both broke our fasts around 2pm – Amazing how when you are busy and occupied you don’t miss food and I for one finds that exercise does not stimulate an appetite almost the opposite…..

As others have noted we are now 1/2 way through this New Start – January 2019 Challenge!!

Day 15 Pocket List – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!
    @elektron (800cals)
    @chipmunk13 (800cals)
    @daffodil2010
    @bert1802
    @flourbaby (2nd of B2B2B2B)
    @moukinator
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @songbirdme
    @at (800cal)

The following quote is my personal mantra for this WOL and whenever I stray I remind myself of where I used to be!!!!!
    “IF I QUIT NOW, I WILL SOON BE BACK TO WHERE I STARTED. AND WHEN I STARTED, I WAS DESPERATELY WISHING TO BE WHERE I AM NOW”

2nd post,

@at, maybe the successful WFD was because we were holding hands, but didn’t know it!!

I feel the same way about exercise, when doing the 30 day shred pre-Xmas party & just HAD to get into that dress, I was having a 3-500cal lunch then home to exercise at 7pm. I always left enough calories for a yoghurt & honey or apple & cheese, but never needed them. OMAD works for me if I can fit in (read ‘motivate myself to do’) rigorous exercise!!

Day 15 UK CD

Successful OMAD FD yesterday at 630 and about 2.5litres water, all of which felt miraculous after carbtastic weekend. DD came for quick supper after her first day in new job. Enjoyed cooking @borealis masala recipe again, with parsnip & cauiflower instead of chickpeas, side of spinach and brussel sprouts with coconut oil & peanut butter dressing, plus a baked sweet potato for DD. Warming, filling,and less than 500 calories – what’s not to love? Fruit, dates & a couple of nuts took me over the 500 but i was so glad to feel more in control.

This morning’s weigh-in brought one of those HUH? moments. I’d moved my mechanical scales into the bathroom and discovered that my weight varies by around 6lbs depending on where on the floor they are 🙁 When pointing downhill I now weigh 149lb, downhill I’m 142 and on the level 145 Just about managed to switch my brain away from getting stuck on the numbers absolute to focusing on the weight lost.

Feeling pretty rough today and don’t seem to be able to focus on project work, planning or even practical things – not sure if I’m coming down with something or just tired. Going to wrap up and get a really early night again. I’m sure most of the pressure to catch up comes from my head, so that’s what I need to change! Beginning with good self-care…

@jaifaim I know what you mean about clear headache!
    @emma1202 thanks so much for your encouragement yesterday 🙂
    @daffodil2010 glad you are feeling better, and hope you have a good visit with your Dad this evening x
    @emma-taylor sounds like a real celebration of your friend’s life x
    @judyjudes I’ve read a fair bit of research recently showing a link between lack of sleep, craving for carboyhydrates and reduced resistance to temptation
    @betsylee wow! hope you have a lovely time at the Australian Open 🙂
    @flourbaby congratulations on strong start with WFD 🙂 I’m always inspired by your learning & experience, not least bc I so struggle to resist carbs! Hope you have an excellent B2B2B2B 🙂

2nd Post

@michelinme. Totally agree. I’m living proof sleep depravation leads to EFS!!! So much for trying to eat light for the rest of the day. Pork stir fry & cauli rice with Greek yoghurt and chocolate pieces for dessert. Just eaten and now the kitchen is cleaned up & closed until tomorrow. Plan on retiring about 9:00pm ish. Hopefully will wake refreshed, rested and determined.

Congratulations on your OMAD FD yesterday. You’ve inspired me and that’s what I’m aiming for tomorrow.

Day 15 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Making it an 18:6 today and looking forward to breaking the fast from yesterday soon, at noon. Yes, it was a liquid fast @betsylee. I didn’t start 5:2 that way, but that’s what works for me now. @at – WFDs can be a challenge but you’re so right distractions help. And @flourbaby you had an unexpected WFD yesterday. It does feel good!

@daffodil2010 – so glad you’re feeling better. That must be so frustrating that you’re unable to meet with your dad’s doctor. Is it possible to perhaps have your nurse sister make an actual appointment with the doctor? I know our family has experienced that type of challenge as well. Usually, with persistence, eventually there was a mtg set up.

Wishing you all the best whether feasting or fasting my forum friends!

Day 15 – NC, USA – NFD

Holding steady on the weight in spite of having food in me. I guess I’ll take that as a win considering I drop a pound or two when I fast and usually put it right back on when I eat :p But this time, I seem to be holding on to the pound lost so that’s good.

Not sure if anyone would find this interesting but I was looking for the best fasting app and doing some research (I’m a bit of a geek) when I came across this: https://vimeo.com/309755273 from Dr. Rhonda Patrick. I happen to love her because she is so science based and I thought the interview had some great nuggets of info. For right now, I think I’ll stick to Zero for my fasting app but if any of you use another one you like better, I am all ears.

Congratulations @michelinme on your successful OMAD and great calorie count yesterday! That’s fantastic no matter what the scale chooses to say. Hope you stay healthy.

@daffodil2010 I love the saying: Together we are stronger, so thank you for your sweet words. I’m so glad I can be of help back. You certainly have been my inspiration as well! You are a big reason for me even getting to this point. We’ll get there. Maybe with a few detours, but we’ll get there 🙂 In the meantime, I continue to send you and you’re dad some healthy prayers.

So excited for you @betsylee The Australian Open sounds so fun! Enjoy!!!

Day 16, Wellington NZ, 800

Well done to all – too many to mention- going so well this week.

Thanks @at for the link. What’s Brolga, and how do you find the hours in the day for so much exercise? I’m in awe. Btw high impact Pilates sounds like an oxymoron 🤣

One other question – what’s OMAD?

Day 15 – 2nd post

@flourbaby – Telepathy perhaps??? 😃
    @chipmunk13 – Broga is traditional yoga with a twist – The style has grown consistently since it began in 2009. The difference between Broga and yoga is Broga is first and foremost a strength workout with some cardio, then we weave in the vinyasa yoga. The emphasis is on core-strengthening exercises and poses, muscle-toning and cardiovascular work. High intensity interval training is woven into Broga yoga classes. It started out as a specific class for men but nowadays probably more women attend!
    I’m retired so can now do pretty much what I enjoy and I have discovered a late love of exercise – hence doing around 6 varying classes a week as well as hiking on my local fells (Cumbrian for mountains!) I am much more active now than when I used to work full time and loving this new fit lifestyle ☺️ and btw
    OMAD is one meal a day!

Well I did finish the day at just under 800cals following yesterday’s WFD – aiming for another 800cals FD tomorrow but will see how I feel…….

“WHEN YOUR SOUL HAS BEEN FEELING A LITTLE UNHAPPY AND YOU WANT AN ENERGY BOOST……..TAKE TIME TO DO WHAT MAKES YOUR SOUL HAPPY”

Day 15 Portugal NFD

Started the day thinking I might do a a FD but it didn’t turn out that way as I ate large portion at dinner time. Although it was a controlled day under 1200 calories, I think. Cutting out the sweet stuff has helped a lot. Stood on scales today and it’s going down slowly and steadily!
    Just counting up my miles – I’ve walked 50 miles already since 1st Jan. Not sure I’ll do so well when the weather gets worse but for now it’s good to be outdoors. All the walking must be good for weight loss too. Getting myself prepared for FD tomorrow.

Thanks @at for the explanations and link.
    I’ve been doing yoga for about 20 years and know I wouldn’t be as strong and flexible or as zen 🤣 (not everyone would agree) as I am without it. More recently I’ve embraced yin yoga and really enjoy the ways it gently stretches, as well as my regular vinyasa class. I haven’t heard of Broga so or may not have reached our shores yet. I too am retired, and for me a gentler approach to exercise than I had in my aerobics and gym bunny high impact past is a joy!!

Day 15, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800

Did 23:1 today, OMAD (one meal a day @chipmunk13).

Now off to Qigong.

Hope everyone had a good Tuesday! 😊😊😊

Ok, I’ve googled broga now and see it was created because men don’t want to be embarrassed because they’re not as ‘good’ as women at yoga!!!

Still, it sounds like a class I’d try if I found one nearby. I’ll try anything once – we’ll, most things. 😆

Day 15 Ohio, US — NFD ✔️

Stayed on target with the TDEE and under 10 g added sugars. I also was able to get up early and get my tai chi and qigong practice in.

@chipmunk13 The difference between the two can be a little amorphous, and here is how I understand it: Qigong can refer to energy work in general, and it also can refer to specific practices. In that view Tai Chi Chuan can be viewed as one particular kind of qigong. On the other hand there are also many different kinds of qigong routines or forms. In addition to Tai Chi I do several other forms, such as baduajin qigong (the 8 brocade of silk qigong), and while people can say baduajin or baduajin qigong, I haven’t heard anyone say Tai Chi Chuan qigong. Tai Chi also has martial arts roots, while most forms labelled qigong come from healing practices. Does that make sense? How do you see the relationship between the two?

Day 15 Minnesota, USA
    CFD at 860 cals.
    @daffodil2010 and @michelinme; I hope you feel much better in the next few days.
    Stay strong everyone!

Day 16 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Had the worst sleep I’ve had in weeks, reckon I was lucky to get 4h (didn’t take the niacin which wouldn’t have helped), so today’s FD has been a bit of a struggle. Dragged myself to a 30min strength circuit class at lunch which has helped, but feeling the mental struggle to stick to 500cal today.

@flourbaby congrats on the WFD, what a bonus!
    @emma1202 thanks for the suggestion about the app, I’m trying to extend my fasting window to 14h (as I’m a keen breakfast fan, so will use that as a starting point and go from there), and reckon that will definitely help!

Day 16 Pocket List
    @gretta

Day 15 – California – NFD

It’s raining like crazy here for the second day and will continue for the next two days. Hopefully we won’t all wash away into the ocean. The weather hasn’t caused me to eat more luckily so I’m just continuing with the plan.

@matpi thanks for that. I’d done a bit of googling and it seems, as you said, tai chi is part of qigong (breath and movement) with a martial arts root.

Day 16 Portugal FD
    Determined to do a FD today and go for a walk at lunch time – takes my mind off eating food at lunch. I save my calories until dinner.
    Have a great day everyone!

Day 16, Emden Germany, WFD

Day 16 Pocket List

@gretta
    @chipmunk13
    @erika45
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day!

Day 16 – FD – Ireland
    Janudry and sugar free 🤞

I’m reassured @michelinme that you know what I mean re: my clearer headache.. definitely sugar causes brain fog for me but it’s hard to explain to others how that feels🌫

Have a good day everyone..particularly those of you who are ill or struggling.. thanks @at for guiding us through this challenging month and for looking after everybody on this forum. It’s very much appreciated 😀.

Day 16 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @chipmunk13
    @erika45
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD 2nd B2B

Going for a B2B today as DH is giving his daughter a driving lesson this evening so I am free to have my FD lentil soup! Yay!

Good FD yesterday, hospital visit means not much time to eat in the evening. Great to see Dad, he was very happy that he can now walk with the Zimmer frame to the bathroom and back. He asked DH to walk behind him and wait outside in case he fell, but he did it!

Once I got over the crushing sadness of seeing my big strong Dad struggling along with a Zimmer frame (I hid the tears), it was so good to see such a small achievement helping his positivity and mental health. His physio told him she is delighted with the progress made in just one day. It’s going to be a long road, but Dad is essentially a fighter so hopefully he will recover in some way.

It’s a busy time in work (last nights Brexit vote might have a bearing on our work load today), plus the organisation of Occupational Therapists, Public Health professionals, trying to speak to doctors, updating family, them updating me re Dad….phew, it does take a lot out of you.

I am on the pocket list today – joining you all for my 5th FD of the year.

Day 16, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B2B)

I’m throwing in another FD today since I have a (bog standard!) yoga class this evening, like last week, I don’t expect to be hungry afterwards, so I have a huge salad for lunch today which might be at ½ at 2pm followed by ½ at 4pm, so 21:3 really.

There’s an earth shattering, life changing vote in parliament today!!!!………………………….. Whether to raise the height of letterboxes!!!!! @ciren2, I expect you’re glued to the TV!!!!!! I’ve always wondered about those letterboxes at the base of the door, why???? ………………………. Poor, poor posties having to bend down there!!!!!!

@daffodil2010, I’m glad your dad’s up, if not running at least moving, once his confidence comes back, there’ll be no stopping him!!!

Has anyone experienced the shoe thing???? I could cry because when I was bigger (??) clothes never interested me because I couldn’t fit into the sexy/ cute/ stylish outfits everyone else wore; so my focus and £££££ went on shoes. I can’t tell you how many pairs I own, I can’t count that high!!! I can tell you that I own 8 pairs of boots ……………… just the knee length ones, let’s not get into ankle or mid-calf!!!! But …………………………. My feet have shrunk!!!! I was always a size 5, then about a year ago & 25lbs down I was a size 4 ½ ……………… not great but inner soles were lifesavers ………………………….. On Monday I spent ages trying on shoes & complaining about how big they were until I found & bought a pair of shoes that fit perfectly …………………………… they were children’s shoes, in a size four (I assume adult size 4!!!) I just can’t face trying on any of my ‘special occasion’ shoes in a size 5!!!………………………. There will be tears!!!!!

Keep the faith folks!!!!!

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Keeping on 😉

Day 16 London UK FD

Going to aim for a FD today, if not 500 than 800 or below. I had a complete and utter pigging out day yesterday. Not sure what came over me but I was hungry at 09:30. Very strange as I have got so used to not having breakfast that I don’t even think about it. Of course had at been at home I could at least have had a healthy option as there wouldn’t have been the junk that there is in the office. But no, I fully embraced the junk and made a day of it. Pain au chocolat, chocolate crepes, birthday cake, kit kat chunky, a blt sandwich and fried at lunch. But you know what’s strange? I’m fine with it – it’s almost like I needed to do it and get it out of my system. Of course being find with it could be because the scales were only up 0.2kg this morning. Today I am back to having tea all morning, heading out for a walk in a bit and looking forward to a nice simple soup for lunch. I just hope the scales don’t do a delayed jump tomorrow!!

@flourbaby I had the show thing as well. I thought my feet had got bigger with pregnancy as I have heard this before but then when I lost the weight last year (14 lbs) I went back down to my old size! I feel for you and your lovely shoes…can you wear some of them by using an insole, I wonder? Although that’s probably not great feet advice!

@daffodil2010 just catching up and I am so pleased to read that your dad is back up and about with the help of the frame. Onwards and upwards!

@gretta hope you managed to stick with your FD. It must be just after 11pm in Melbourne now so am hoping you made it through okay!

Loving all the yoga chat. I got into it when I was pregnant and found it really helped. Then I didn’t manage to keep it up after my son arrived. I would love to find a simple beginners class near me. Perhaps that can me my March challenge. Instead of a New Years Resolution this year I am setting a new challenge each month. January’s was to finish things I had started around the house. Photo frames up on walls, photos oriented to go in them. Clear out of kitchen cupboards. Wardrobe clear out. And I am going to read the Marie Kondo book this weekend and spend the rest of the month implementing what I learn. February is going to see me cutting out meat and I will be a pescatarian for the month. Now March will be my yoga (and perhaps meditation? Or that could have it’s own month in April) month…

@emma1202 just looked up your fasting app. What a great idea and I wish I’d had it previously! Just downloading now . Thank you!

Wish I could continue ready back up the page but this is as far back as time will allow for this morning. Hope you are all having a great day.

Day 16 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @chipmunk13
    @erika45
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @beedoo

DAY16. UK. OMAD

@at I’m in awe of your WFD of 40hrs. My goodness you have stamina. I’ve managed a water/black coffee fast since yesterday at 5:00pm and intend to break it at 2:00pm today, so that will be 21hours. I feel OK but I’m ready to eat. I just hope by eating something it doesn’t open the flood gates. Fingers crossed.

@michelinme I intend to eat my OMAD meal at 2:00pm. I’m hoping it’s nutrient dense enough to sustain me until tomorrow. Chants to self:- I can do this, I can do this, I can do this …

@gretta I’m sure we are twins … yesterday I myself got barely 4hrs. Sleep deprivation makes everything more difficult, especially keeping on track food wise.

Everyone seems to be doing great! I enjoy reading all your posts.

Day 16 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @chipmunk13
    @erika45
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @beedoo

Just going to prepare my OMAD of braised liver, cauli mash with butter & grated cheese, fine green beans.

Peace & Love

Day 16 Belfast NFD
    Dog walk and volunteering done for today. Now to tick off some chores.

@flourbaby – I’m sorry I’m so like you although I can’t quite match your boot total! My feet got bigger when I was pregnant but sadly never shrunk. The thing about children’s shoes is that they can be considerably cheaper! I volunteer and was doing a Christmas thingy in a fold. One of the older ladies (in her 80s) was telling me she had recently got rid of most of her designer shoes, which she hadn’t worn in years because of foot trouble. A lesson for us all. Wear and enjoy all those beauties while you can!
    Jaifaim – I salute your sugar free resolve. I’ve missed on three days, but still doin OK.
    @beedoo – I love the idea of a monthly challenge. That’s got me thinking. 🤔

Off to get busy…
    Together we are stronger.💪 💪💪

Day 16 UK ??

Yesterday was good OMAD CD – nearly became FD but felt a real need for more food in the evening. Satisfied with oats, coconut milk, apple, dates and a little cacao.

Bath & bed didn’t eliminate feeling rough, woke up a zillion times in the night with a crashing headache. This morning added a sore throat, temperature and spaced out, but burning joint pain isn’t as bad as yesterday – yay! It’s probably a virus but goodness my body has strange ways of responding to infections. I’m going to go with whatever my body wants today and wait until I feel better before thinking about fasting.

Best of luck to everyone who’s fasting today, or simply trying to make helpful choices towards long term goals.

Day 16, UK, FD

Sorry for being awol lately, its been a busy time for me and I’ve been away from home quite a lot. I tried to keep up with the posts but I must say I skimmed a lot and I might have missed some things, so my apologies 🙂

Anyway, I have been keeping with my FDs and, although monday one turned a bit into CD (850 cal), I’ve been successful, so I’m not complaining. I don’t want to weigh myself at the moment because I feel that seeing the number would discourage me somewhat. Clothes feel the same, so thats something 😳

Anyway, we must soldier on …. 💪

Have a good day everyone 🌼

Day 16: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD and just a quick “Hello” to you all.
    Got a bit of a soaking delivering the mail today, but the rain came a bit later than forcast, so could have been worse, eh?

@daffodil2010: Here’s to your big strong dad getting strong and healthy once more. Such a difficult time for you both. Stay strong xx

@flourbaby:The big question is: did they vote for or against (raising the minimum height of letterboxes)!? It’s true they are a pain, bearing in mind that we have a pile of mail in one hand and their post in the other whilst doing the bend-and-push-through at the same time!

Day 16 – USA – NFD?

Could be a FD today when all is said and done, only because I’m preoccupied with packing for a trip to see my BFF who has Alzheimers and I want to see her before that lucidity window closes. I made the mistake, after baking for non-5:2 people, of keeping some mini Reese’s cups and mindlessly ate 5 of them last night…note to self: when sugar makes you anxious and restless, don’t eat it. Up all night. Lesson re-learned!

Day 16 Minnesota, USA FD

I am finally at the same weight I was just before Christmas, so I went up and down 3 ~real~ pounds, (2 more that were easy on, easy off and probably just water weight).

@daffodil2010 Glad your dad is moving. It’s such a stressful time dealing with all the health providers and also your own feelings while watching your dad struggle. I hope you can find ways to de-stress.
    @michelinme Get some rest and conquer that virus!
    @metatauta: I hope you have a wonderful time with your BFF and make memories that you can cherish.
    And I can NOT have any Reese’s PB anything in my house without getting into them. My sympathy!
    Best to everyone!

Day 16 – UK – FD 800cals

Busy day starting with a yoga class this morning – lunch out with a couple of friends and then an afternoon of volunteering. Phone call early evening to a friend down south to catch up.

Cooked a quick and easy crab pasta dish for OH’s dinner – I managed to keep my calories at lunch to just over 800cals so will count this as an 800cal FD. Checking in now to keep me focused on not opening that kitchen door this evening……..I can do this!

@erika45 – walking is great for your mental health as well as for your bones! To decrease health risks such as heart disease, you need to exercise at a moderate level for 30 minutes at least four days a week. Walking is the perfect form of exercise to split up this way – it may not burn up a lot of calories but the other benefits are great – keep up the good work!
    @matpi – great work on reducing the sugar consumption
    @gretta – hope you managed to hold the hunger dragon 🐉 at bay and complete your FD 🤞
    @rafiki44 – hope all in well with you in view of the bad weather you seem to be having
    @snowflake56 – 🤗
    @jaifaim – thank you 🤗
    @daffodil2010 – good to hear that your Dad is making small steps forward – stay strong and positive, I know how hard it must be to see these changes in your dad xx
    @flourbaby – 👠👢👡 😢 – I totally sympathise although personally when I lost weight my feet did not shrink…….BTW I’m a size 5 😉
    @beedoo – love your idea of monthly challenges too!
    @judyjudes – thank you but it did take a lot of willpower and I had to distract myself severals times during the day – I kept thinking of @annemarilyn she was my inspiration as she does them regularly!!!
    @shinything – lovely to hear from you and so glad you are still with us and sticking with your FDs and this WOL
    @emma1202 – I’m now going to look at the link you shared:- https://vimeo.com/309755273 from Dr. Rhonda Patrick
    @metatauta – next time they go in the fridge…….😇 easier said than done I know 😉
    @northerndawn – well done on getting back to your pre Christmas weight 👍

Day 16 Pocket list – Thank you @gretta for starting it
    @gretta
    @chipmunk13
    @erika45
    @snowflake56 – WFD
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010 – 2nd B2B
    @flourbaby – 3rd of B2B2B2B
    @beedoo
    @evolutioncoach
    @emma1202
    @elektron – Day 10 of 800cals
    @chipmunk13 – Day 5 of 800cals
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @northerndawn
    @at – 800cals

It can be disappointing when you do everything ‘right’ and you don’t get the results you want. But this WOL is about being patient…………
    You just have to remember that every healthy choice you make is the right one. Just because the scale may not reflect it, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth it. SUCCESS IS THE SUM OF SMALL EFFORTS, REPEATED DAY IN AND DAY OUT

Sending positive vibes to all those in need today 🙏

Day 16 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Going for OMAD today. I plan to eat until satisfied. Then begin a true FD for about 42 hours. I quickly lost Christmas weight @northerndawn, but then have been bouncing up this week. Still trying to find my rhythm as it were. Glad you’ve got your holiday weight off.

@michelinme – I do hope you feel better soon. Maybe some healing tea and/or soup.

@metatauta – may you have a special time with your BFF. Do you expect her to know you? My 88 yr old mom, who has dementia, just had her sister from central Canada visit her, she’s about 4 yrs younger. I want to find out if she “knew” her. I’ve seen a few pictures of the visit on FB but can’t tell from the pictures. What I can see, is that they enjoyed being together. I’m glad you’re continuing to be a good friend even though I’m sure it’s difficult.

@debster251 – what kind of volunteer work are you involved in? As I’m in this new stage of life, I’m exploring possibilities some things locally and others perhaps abroad. I’m curious as to what folks do in their retirement chapter of life.

Glad we’re on the journey together!

Day 16, Gozo, Malta, cfd

I’ve not posted the last couple of days. I ended today the last of a B2B2B successfully.

Good night everyone.

Day 16 – NC, USA – FD

Quick add to the Pocket list 🙂

Day 16 Pocket list
    @gretta
    @chipmunk13
    @erika45
    @snowflake56 – WFD
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010 – 2nd B2B
    @flourbaby – 3rd of B2B2B2B
    @beedoo
    @evolutioncoach
    @emma1202
    @elektron – Day 10 of 800cals
    @chipmunk13 – Day 5 of 800cals
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @northerndawn
    @at – 800cals
    @emma1202

Continued prayers to you @daffodil2010 and you’re very welcome @beedoo! So glad you like it!

Day 17, Wellington NZ, 800 calls day 6

Have skim read to keep up to date -well done everyone on with either staying on, on quickly getting back on track. It’s hard to recreate resolve when you’ve had a set back, so kudos to you for your determination.

My 800 a day has been going great. It’s been easy to manage, especially with OT on board (literally- we’re on our boat🤣). He has now decided that’s enough so I’m on my own again. I won’t let him revert to chippies though.

Last night friends came to dinner so for starters I served zucchini rounds with various toppings of hummus, avocado, and feta and olive tapenade as per the fast 800 book. BIG success as this time of year everyone is looking for new things to do with zucchini! And they were yummy. 211 cals per person but I probably ate more than one portion. Main was the Vegan Rogan Josh (310) with raita (97). I gave everyone else big servings and rice and all were happy. With breakfast and a sneaky wine with dinner I probably went a bit over 1,000 but I don’t feel bad.

Will be home briefly tomorrow so can weigh and measure – stand by. I’ll either be 😁or 😟

Day 16 USA – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was about 800 calories, so I won’t complain. Doing well today so far.

Oh @flourbaby – I had to chuckle with you over the shoe 🥿👠👡👢👞👟🥾🧦purchases when you weren’t fitting into cute clothes. Mine was (well still is) handbags. 👛👜💼🎒🧳I am afraid to count how many I have. Then if you throw in tote bags, messenger bags … whew… must be a dozen of them and probably 30-40 handbags. At least when I lost weight, they still fit! I call myself a bag lady. Also love varied luggage. That’s another story. Likely when we decide to move out of our “family” size home into one more for us retired folks, I will have to divest myself of most of those too.

Onward and downward.

Day 17 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Last FD of the week done and dusted, and very pleased that I was able to hold on. Haven’t weighed in for a fair few days now, will try and check in the next couple of days. Not feeling as puffy as I was in the last week, that’s a bonus.

Will try and keep sugar free until Saturday.

@beedoo & @at – I did thanks! Ended the day on just under 540cal, so given how I was feeling I’m pretty chuffed with the effort. Couldn’t have done it without the support of the forum.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Day 16 – 2nd post

therealskinnyonfat.com has begun a series of 9 episodes. I just finished watching the 1st Episode (2 hours long) and the bonus viewpoint (17 min.) with a neurosurgeon. It is so worth checking out. I believe Dr. Jason Fung is one of the participants in one of the episodes at least.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 963 total)

You must be logged in to reply.