New Year – New Start – January 2019 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New Year – New Start – January 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 959 replies, has 65 voices, and was last updated by  Betsylee 5 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 963 total)

• USA Day 11 CD

ShinyThing, maybe we can holds hands and pull ourselves out together. Very frustrating! I am still wishing to experience that whoosh that some of us seem to experience. I even googled it to see the reasons for it and it seems very doable. If only….. In any case, my CD went well. I am not yet sure what tomorrow will be! Tomorrow will be our first significant snow day of the Winter. Oh, well! I am already ready for Spring!

2nd post on Day 11 –

@metatauta – Hooray for you for getting below your goal of 150!!! 🙂
    The question I was asking earlier was how your job is going? Hope all is well.

As you may have read on my last post, I just learned this morning that the work I did last 1/4 isn’t there this 1/4. I’m looking at it as a gift; not sure what the upshot will be right now.

Sorry not sure what is happening to the link with the spreadsheet – I have gone into it and given access to all again – hope it works this time

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bs0KMBDCg6U1oB-Lwk7gYyNV-vXAjOPjYIOAMI6oays/edit?usp=sharing

@at thank you – all working well now 🙂

@michelinme – 👍

USA Day 11 CD

Thank you, AT! It’s working now and I was able to enter my information.

Day 11 Minnesota, USA FD (MFD?)
    3rd completed FD or MFD in a row at 800 cals or under. Definitely feels different than doing 500 cals or less. Not sure what I will do going forward. It’s easier but somehow not as satisfying as doing 1/4 of TDEE or at least under 500. Not as cold, though. And less reduction on the scales the next day.

I plan to do one more 800 cal FD tomorrow, and then an NFD on Sunday since family will be here for dinner.
    I am certainly feeling better doing these FDs and not as bloated and generally awful as I did after binging on chocolates Mon and Tues.

@jumpgoldpenguin….thanks for the Churchill quote, I am a fan of many of his.
    @gretta and @jaifaim, I hope you can get rid of the headaches. Maybe some salt? sounds like maybe you are in the initial stages of good strong ketosis, perhaps?
    @daffodil2010……….what an awful time you are going through! It is similar in some ways to what I went through with my dad ten years ago, but without the ex-con junkie to worry about. I’m praying for you and your dad and family. You are under more stress with this than you probably realize, so just treat yourself with kindness and patience.
    @ciren2, take care of that back! I hope you can sleep tonight (You should be as I write this, I think it’s coming up to 1 a.m. your time about now). Glad you skyped with DD. It really is amazing what technology has done for us in so many ways.
    @michelineme….congrats on your weight loss: never any question in my mind that you would get there soon.
    @judyjudes, here is hoping the next consult will go well!
    @erika45….hang in there…we cross the great abyss one step at a time, it’s not a race and you will get there in your own time.
    @shinything I hope you “stayed the course” but at least will start feeling better.
    @chipmunk13 Congrats on your loss…you are doing great!
    @metatauta…..Yay!!for your first FD They do get easier! It sounds like you have gained some momentum!

Best of luck to everyone, and enjoy the weekend! Stay strong and mindful!

@at – TY, spreadsheet is working fine again 🙂

Day 11 Ohio, US — NFD ✔️

A good NFD — stayed within the TDEE and had only 8 g added sugars.

@northerndawn One of the things I like about 5:2 is that you are super disciplined for only one day at a time. Having a NFD the next day is a motivator for me. Have a great FD tomorrow!

@emma1202 Hope you stayed the course for your FD!

Day 11 – California – NFD

Today was my weigh in and I only lost 0.2 lbs (100 grams)? A little discouraging given that I was so careful with FD’s and I felt I had lost more. I’m thinking I will stick with 5:2 for January and then see where I end up and decide whether I need to ramp up my efforts. I have lost a total of 3.6 lbs in four weeks (8 fasts) from a high of 139.8 on December 17th

Day 12, Emden Germany, FD

@daffodil2010 what an awful situation for your dad, I hope there will be a good solution soon. Hugs x

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 12 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Early check in as a busy Saturday looms. I have a bad head cold too, streaming eyes and nose, sneezing continuously, so won’t visit Dad like this. It would be awful if I gave him this cold on top of everything else!

But, yesterday was a better day. I felt optimistic at the start of it and it turned out a good one…I have made an appointment with occupational therapist to see about getting Dads house adapted for him (stair lift etc etc), spoke to the public health nurse in Dads area who will look after him when he eventually gets discharged, my DH visited him and while he was there managed to get information on Dads treatment which was good….so many good things yesterday. A positive day. Dad in better form as he is in a nice ward with nice people now, the catheter was removed (that alone caused him huge distress 😨) and that’s good.

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. You guys are great. It’s a stressful time, but it’s good to come on here and read up on everyone’s day. I will be fasting as normal on Monday, and will try not to go overboard on my NFD this weekend.

Day 12 – Japan – NFD

WFD was pretty easy as I really didn’t feel like eating. Today I have eaten, probably over eaten.

Morning all. I’m second attempting my second fast of the week.

UK DAY 12 FD

can I be first on pocket list?

@jumpgoldpenguin

Day 12, London, UK, NFD

Yesterdays’ NFD was an almost FD at 950cals. It could have been a 500cal FD, but there was this biscuit & his 3 brothers …………………. Enough said!!!!!

@annemarilyn, I hope the unexpected job opportunity turns out to be just what you need!!!!! Variety IS the spice of life!!

@metatauta, congrats on your 1st FD of 2019 ………………………..you’re on a roll now!!!!!!

@ccco, the elusive whoosh has a mind of its own, I hope you have one soon, here’s some interesting reading and it has worked this way in my experience too,

http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

Dry January is going well, yesterday I caught myself thinking ‘I could murder a glass of red’. I then had a chuckle at myself, because ‘a glass’ actually means ‘a bottle’!!!!

My mojo is definitely working at the moment; I need to remember this feeling for future reference. I feel so much less bloated than at any time during the 2 week Xmas hols, I feel light, less anxious, virtuous(!!) not to mention …….. Happy!!! I would say, I hope this feeling lasts, but honestly, hope doesn’t come into it; all I have to do is stay dry, low refined carb and fast properly & drink 2L water a day, the rest will follow!!!!!

“Dare to keep moving when it is a must and dare to keep waiting when you have to, but note, you shall always keep waiting if you keep waiting and you shall always keep moving when you keep moving!”

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

My DAFD was typical, just over TDEE, but it also included Silver Sneakers, errands, and piano lessons, so I was plenty busy. Today I am off to judge the science fair in town. I am happy to support the children in our area however I can. Will try to catch up with posts tonight.

Onward and downward.

Day 12…..Florida…..CD

What in the hell is wrong with people these days? I can not believe what is happening with you Dad @daffodil. Not being able to s/w a doctor then having some crazy person threading him…… Have you tried contacting the hospitals management regarding theses episodes? Maybe they are unaware of what’s really going on and they can help you obtain a safer environment not only for Dad but the others as well?

So, a little update with my boss……. his wife came up to me and asked me to help her ease into IF! Oh, I could tell he was not the happiest camper when he got wind of this!
    I’m thinking Karma had a little hand in this situation.
    I did not push her right into full on fasting mind you like I did it. So, I just told her to stop eat an apple at 6:45pm and nothing but water after 7pm. Then resume eating ay 9:30 am, then continue to push back breakfast daily until 12pm, until she can successfully remove breakfast out of her diet so to speak.
    Then I will direct her to eat her TDEE with a 16:8 until she comfortable then introduce her to 500 calories two days a week.
    All of this because I posted an article on Facebook about the science behind IF and it’s health benefits.

Today, my new washer will arrive.Im so excited for this. I have a big comforter thanneeds washing. I normally have a service do it because it would never fit in my old washer but this on is suppose to be able to handle it with ease. So here is to wishful thinking. Then off to our local hardware store. I’m revamping my old Formica counter top this weekend.
    I’m going to all of this while on a CD!

Guess I’m gonna be busy!

I finally did it
    I bought shoes with memory foam
    So, now no more forgetting why I walked into the kitchen!

Day 12 – California – FD

Pocket list day 12

@jumpgoldpenguin
    @rafiki44

Good luck to today’s fasters – I for one have a little ambivalence about today’s fast…

Day 12, Gozo, Malta, nfd

My DH and I ate rump with fried eggs today. We’ll order takeaway tonight and bring it after attending mass.

I prepared the stuffed quails for tomorrow and will just glaze them with marmalade spread and make a lemon sauce. I also made my son s favorite carrot soup as first course for tomorrow.

Keep on keeping on everyone.

@rafiki44

You and me both. What’s going on with you? Think it’s just us on the fast front today anyway.

Another question my fellow 5:2ers. I’m near goal (not bragging but I’m 60.1kg and want to be at 59kg for flexibility). For some reason my will of iron has failed me entirely. I just seem to be hungry all the time! Could I compromise on 5:2 and maybe do one 36hr fast with one or two further 24hr fasts each week? It feels more manageable as two 36hr fasts just seems impossible all of a sudden. Anyone else encountered phases like this?

Day 12: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    My back is getting better….thanks for all your good wishes….work was fine. What I have done is upped the diclofenac (anti-inflamatories) to three a day, the maximum dose, from my normal one a day. Seems to be doing the trick. Slept much better last night too.
    @daffodil2010: I’m so glad things are looking up for your dad. He must feel so much better with the catheter out and being on a better ward with nice people around him. Once his home is adapted he’ll be able to escape and get his life back. Good progress.
    @songbirdme: you have a busy life..all sounds great fun too. The secret of a successful retirement…..I must bear that in mind for the future.

@jumpgoldpenguin

I wouldn’t choose to fast on a weekend but my DH spends one weekend day each week caring for his mother with Parkinson’s and won’t be back until tomorrow morning. So today I’m cleaning the house and other chores so it seemed like it would be a good day to fast. Slow weight loss makes me want to try more fast days but I’ve decided I should be patient and continue with the 5:2 at least for the rest of the month as this isn’t a sprint but a marathon. So far I don’t find the 36 harder than a 24 as long as I save enough calories to eat a decemt meal at night because I don’t like going to bed hungry.

Day 12 Belfast NFD

OS and his girl are up for tonight, so definitely no fasting now, but no alcohol.

I see lots of ticks on the thread and spreadsheet. Keep it up!
    Together we are stronger

Day 12, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Going to the Vet for dental chewys for the old puppy, Trader Joe’s for our groceries, then DH wants to go to the German bakery and coffee shop. Very dangerous territory for me. Best not even have one bite. Just having their great coffee (and looking longingly at my husband’s treats 😊😅😉). Later perhapswalking to the Black Sheep Bar and Grill for a late lunch.
    Then continue watching the second season of ‘The Tunnel’.
    A leisurely Saturday!

@annemarilyn: Concert was fabulous. The Utah Symphony Orchestra played extremely well, the very young pianist (23) amazing. Composers were Chopin (1st piano concerto) and Dvorak (7th Symphony). The concert hall is downtown Salt Lake. The opera house as well. Also many concerts are at the School of Music at the University of Utah. Logan is a nice town. Utah State University is a good agricultural school. How fun you could spend several years there. I am sure you went to the famous Blue Bird Diner. Also love Bear Lake up there. Used to have access to a place on the east side of Bear Lake.

Have a good Saturday everyone! 😊😊😊

USA Day 12 CD

Thank you Flourbaby for the whoosh info. Maybe one of these days I will also experience it. Hope everyone is a wonderful weekend!

Day 12- NFD – Ireland

Day 12 UK ?CD

Thus far I’ve had the remaining 200g of cake I made for mother yesterday! But it’s mostly sweet potato & banana, with eggs & coconut flour & dates I feel OK with that. Worked out calories for total cake (1450) but no idea how much it weighed so won’t know /100g until next time.

Enjoying pottering today! Rested & read all AM, chores & making things all PM before evening of self-care. I enjoyed chores and replacing bird supplies outside,then listened to reflective programmes on the radio while baking almond, date & sunflower bread – one to slice for the freezer & offer for guests or take out for packed lunches. Also making a double batch of face moisturiser, plus magnesium oil and couple of pots of magnesium cream for DD & a friend. Still to sew up a hat and have supper, ending with yoga & meditation, shower & a lovely early night. Productive and fun 🙂

Wishing you all a restorative weekend, whatever it brings x

Day 12 – UK – NFD

A bit of a damp day here today – OH did a fell race but I chose to stay at home, catching up with the housework, then a gently walk before doing the food shop and then a lazy afternoon at home.

Hopefully everyone can now access the spreadsheet – not sure what went wrong there but the access setting appears to have been changed………

@snowflake56 – thinking of you
    @rainbowsmile – sorry for not keeping up with your 10 day fast – can you share details?
    @metatauta – well done on your first FD of the 2019 and for staying below 150 👍
    @ciren2 – I seem to have missed that you strained your back – not a good thing with your job – sounds like the increase in the diclofenac (anti-inflamatories) has helped a lot x
    @daffodil2010 – great to hear some positive news regarding your Dad’s progress 🤞
    @dykask – you never cease to amaze me how easily you manage the WFDs 💪
    @jumpgoldpenguin – of course you can start off a pocket list – great effort to do one on the weekend! and great news to hear that you are so near to goal and it does make sense to play around with your fasting – that is the beauty of this WOL – it’s flexibility!!!! I saw in another forum that you asked about yoga – I have been practicing yoga for the past 3 years and do 2 classes a week and I also rather like the yoga on YouTube by Adrienne – she does sessions for all levels – here is a link for beginners but you can explore and see which of her sessions suit you bet
    Yoga For Beginners – The Basics – Yoga With Adriene – YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWobp3phsEU
    @flourbaby – 🤣 “but there was this biscuit his 3 brothers”
    @bert1802 – great advice to your boss’ wife to gradually increase the fasting window instead of jumping straight in with a FD. BTW my DD washer/dryer got delivered today as well and she has already used it!!

I have a New Year’s Yoga Workshop tomorrow – The day is about helping us to let go of all that is required, preparing us to move into the current new year feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I am so lucky to have a brilliant teacher and do about 4 of these workshops a year under her guidance and I find them to be so beneficial 🙏

As today was well over TDEE I’m planning on making tomorrow a CD so I can follow with a strong FD on Monday – I just love pressing my RESET button on Mondays after a weekend which is often above TDEE…….

Hope everyone is having a great weekend doing whatever gives them joy – “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow” Albert Einstein
    AND
    Especially for anyone struggling at the moment “SETBACKS ARE JUST SETUPS FOR COMEBACKS”

Day 12. UK. CFD

Feeling a bit more human today 🙂 Yesterday was essentially a FD. I’m doing all the right things but the pesky scales won’t move beyond a 1lb on, 1lb off, 1lb on …. and repeat. Last week my overall calorie count was 5970 which averaged out to 850 per day.

The Fast 800 book has arrived today. I am going to try 800 cals a day to see if I can get things moving. I will still try and have my 2 450 cals FDs a week too. The book is really Informative. A previous poster (sorry I forgotten who) has already summarised it so I won’t if that’s ok.

@at thank you for the spreadsheet link. I will update it.

@gretta Thank you for your post. Believe it or not I have had helicobactor pylori before. I had a significant stomach bleed a couple of years ago and they diagnosed a burst ulcer. I pressed for testing of HCP as I was aware that it was that infection rather than stress/food/alcohol that caused ulcers. They found I had it and duly received the triple antibiotic therapy. I have wondered if this bleed was because of a burst ulcer and still have HCP???

I think I have been more anxious about this bleed as when I was admitted with the previous bleed the scopy nurse commented that some bleeds are fatal! She went on to say she’d had patients ‘bleed out’ in front of her and there’s nothing that can be done. I feel she was hugely unprofessional saying these things to me and I’ve never forgotten what she said.

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes and kind words, much appreciated.

I’ve enjoyed reading people’s posts, they are always interesting.

Peace & Love 💖

Day 12 Portugal FD (under 800 calories)

So happy to get through an 800 calorie FD especially on a Saturday. Not easy when everyone else at home is enjoying their weekend snacks!

Day 12 – NC, USA – NFD

Greetings, I am a newcomer to the group but not a newcomer to the fasting life. My wife and I, (Emma1202) started fasting back in March 2018. I successfully have reduced my weight from 207 to about 183. My end goal is 170. I am a runner and working to successfully fast and achieve my goal of running 1,000 miles in 2019. Any other runners out there, love to connect to share training tips and fasting. I have a few marathons and one Ultra planned for the year.

I’m a little late to the January challenge, but I added myself to the spreadsheet so I can stay accountable.

Thanks and “hello” to everyone.

Day 12 Ohio, US — FD(#46)

A good FD. That makes this a 4:3 week. I’m also maintaining my daily tai chi and qigong practice, although with a light snow falling all day I didn’t get much walking in.

@erika45 Falo portugue^s tambem. Gosto de ler o Jornal de Noticias.

Have a great day all!

Day 13 – Perth AUS – FD [800]
    Day 12 – FD [800]

The 800 calories a day is definitely working for me and is surprisingly easy to manage. The Mediterranean thing not so much. I need a recipe book to try out. Had tuna and cauli rice for lunch but then chicken satay with cauli rice for dinner. Stayed within the 800 cals, but the satay made me SO HUNGRY! I could handle the smell of it cooking, but as soon as I started eating it I just wanted more and more. I have told myself it was a treat and something to look forward to next time. Before I would just be thinking ‘boring satay’ but not now. Now it tastes AMAZING. Going to try the eggplant steaks recipe from the Fast 800 book this week and see how that goes because I am missing my ‘meat and veg’ style dinner. Also there’s only so much cauliflower rice I can take! 😛 I toyed with getting konjac rice/pasta, but I can’t stomach that much anymore either. Might try a ‘pasta’ with zucchini noodles this week. Never had them before, but keen to put more veggies in the mix and I’ve always loved the texture of eggplant and zucchini which should work well with the think-about-what-you’re-eating thing. Food never tasted so good!

Great to read so many amazing stories of people either sticking with their fasting plan or getting straight back to it despite some rather significant life struggles. That is true determination! you’re an inspiration for the rest of us, I hope you all know that! I was going to name names, but there are too many of you 🙂 All the best to those that are still working through things. Hopefully things become easier soon.

Happy Sunday – we’re nearly half way through Jan already!

Day 12 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Enjoyed the TEDx talks and presentations today plus lunch with a friend I hadn’t seen in many years. Was locked out of my house when I got home as the locks batteries were dead. Ended up calling the locksmith who did his job well. Soon I was in out of the cold.

@redrockgirl302 – oh yes love Bear Lake. I took up motorcycle riding up in Logan. Loved the ride through Logan Canyon to Bear Lake. My son, former husband and I rode our bicycles around the lake one summer & enjoyed raspberry milkshakes when we got done with the 51 mile ride.
    The diner you mentioned I don’t remember.

@electron – konjac noodles can work on occasion and another thing I use sometimes is spaghetti squash for a substitute pasta.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 13. UK. CFD

@elektron I’m loving my cauli rice. I pimp mine up a bit. I add a combination of the following:- sauté chopped carrot, shallot, celery, chilli, fine green beans, red or green pepper, grated ginger etc. Depending on what I’m serving it with. So for example yesterday I had roast chicken (no skin) with cauli rice pimped up with garlic, chilli and shallot. I also added a quarter chicken stock cube. I always add up my cals of the little extras so as not to burst my cal allowance. As I was still a bit under my allowed cals I also added 5g grated Parmesan.

My fast day yesterday ended at 24hrs. I’m overwhelmingly disappointed with myself. I felt I had this 5:2 thing down and I feel my all or nothing nature can’t handle the blip. Anyway, I’ve decided today I’ll be fasting apart from 1 family meal at midday. I don’t think I’m doing myself any favours with the “punishing” attitude. I feel I’ve spent most of the week fasting with varying degrees of success (or none) trying to get my second 36hr stint in. In reality it’s left me frustrated and hungry because I’m sure I’ve missed out on far more cals this than usual had I managed a simple 5:2! I guess the scales will tell me on Tuesday.

@at thank you for the info and links. I watched the whole 40min video and it just made me feel so calm and focused. I did a few stretches before bed and there must be muscles in my body I had totally forgotten about. I notice she has some videos in her collection as yoga for weight loss. This baffles me. I never imagined yoga to be intense enough. Guess that shows me.

Have a lovely day all.

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Very bad head cold and now it’s gone into my chest. Still, must soldier on.

Sunday is usually cooked breakfast day. Sausages,eggs, tea…usually around 10am. Lazy Sunday breakfast compared to every other day when I don’t have breakfast ☺️ However, DH is meeting his mates for breakfast so perhaps I can take this opportunity to do a mini fast and skip the sausages and do something else instead 🤔🤔

Lots of things to do today. Have a good one.

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Ouch, my poor strained back is really bothering me again. Another bad night’s sleep, after thinking it was getting better yesterday. I had spent yesterday at work (so possibly aggravated it) also only remembered to take 2 of the maximum three anti-inflamatory tablets (because it wasn’t hurting much at the time!) also I had a hot bath before bed (which may have increased inflamation)….so today, cold-packs, gentle exercise and the full dose of Diclofenac.

@evolutioncoach: Welcome to the forum. You’re so lucky to be doing this together with your wife, support and a little competition, eh?

@jumpgoldpenguin: 24 hours is great: you did it:
    I know you are like me in that you are “all or nothing”, a perfectionist, you set yourself high standards then beat yourself up if you don’t (quite) meet them.
    Maybe try yo relax a little and accept that, really, 24 hours IS a whole-day fast….it’s what 5:2 is. Two of those and five of normal eating per week. ((hugs))
    Trust me…if I do 15 hours, I’m happy enough these days! So you’re doing really well.

Day 13, London, UK, NFD,

Controlled day was well below TDEE yesterday, so I’m hanging in there during the dreaded weekend NFDs! I just have to navigate today & tomorrow, then back to the civility of a B2B2B!!!

‘Hello’ @evolutioncoach, I remember your OH from previous challenges, I may have said this before, but the only thing I can run is a bath!!!! Although ………….. never say never!! 24lbs is a great achievement, well done. These last 10-14lbs for me are proving a little stubborn to shift, but patience is the key, you’ll get there too!!

Onward & downwards folks, stay strong!!!!

Day 13……Florida……CD

A pretty good day yesterday except a late night Klondike bar. No reason for it, just sounded like a good idea. I guess that just goes to show you the best laid out plans can be derailed by one good idea……lol

They delivered my washer yesterday….. works wonders! The tub was actually big enough to wash my comforter properly. The only thing, which is nothing to complain about is……. the thing is so damn quiet! I had to check several times to ensure it was actually running!

Well…… much to get done today!

I finally did it
    I bought shoes with memory foam
    So, now no more forgetting why I walked into the kitchen!

Day 13
    Florida

NFD Ugh!! gain another pound. Went on a cooking frenzy, coconut macaroons. Hello!! Shouldn’t be surprised. Oh well, got to be back on track for this coming week.

Everyone have a great day.

@ciren2 what’s going on with your back? It sounds awful? Anything that prevents sleep is the pinnicle of misery. You are right about all or nothing. I’m also not very kind to myself. I will berate imperfection but I’d never dream of treating another living thing in that way! Odd isn’t it? You are right, I have to learn to be more forgiving.

@at I did the yoga… Holy moly there are muscles in my core that I never knew existed!

@bert1802 forgive me but what is a klondike bar? I feel like I want one!?

@flourbaby is a b2b2b 3 days fasting on the trot? How? I’m struggling to manage 1 day. Are you very experienced in it?

I’m done eating today and tomorrow is an FD. The fear has me in its grip already after recent failings.

USA Day 13 CD

JumpGoldPenguin, a Klondike bar is a chocolate covered ice cream bar in the U.S. and very very yummy!

Yesterday was successful and again lost a little weight! This 800 calorie a day idea is working great and seems to be very easy to carry out! I will continue with this every day to see where this will bring me!

Have a great day, everyone!

Thank you @ciren2 and @flourbaby for the welcome! (@FlourBaby – if you briskly walk to the bath to run it, you are considered a runner in my book!) LOL

Today and Monday are usually the heaviest day of the weeks for me on the weigh-in. Saturday morning is my favorite after the week of 3 fasts (M-W-F).

Since Cauliflower seems to be a topic stream today, we love to just bake ours with some great Curry seasoning (cumin, smoked paprika, onions). We haven’t done it in a while either but I really enjoy turning it into a “mashed potato” consistency. Then there are options to bake with a small amount of cheese, eat plain or with a bit of butter. You can also make it a little more creamy by adding some real “cream” if you are doing a more fat based eating plan like keto or paleo. I get a lot of keto recipe ideas from ketodietapp.com

Have a great Sunday everyone. J

Day 13 Canada NFD
    Been travelling sorry for being away. A CD today!

Day 14. Wellington, NZ. 800

Hi Everyone
    I’m away with intermittent internet so a quick post to stay accountable. Coming into day 3 of 800 cals on the new plan. Enjoying the recipes in the fast 800 book.

@elektron I’m doing the Eggplant steaks tonight. Recommend the Vegan curry and the Eggplant and chorizo stew.

Will weigh myself Friday and report in then.

Miserable day here which makes me want to eat, so I will think about all you strong fosters and stay firm!

Day 13 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Day 12 FD

So I’ve been experimenting with the 800 cals daily for 4 days completed yesterday, because it’s something my DH wants to start on Monday. I found it easier than limiting cals to 500 or less. The third day, Friday, I was kind of hungry and that surprised me, given that I had done B2B FDs before and felt less hungry the 2nd day. I can’t remember doing 3 FDs in a row under 500. So then, yesterday, Saturday, my 4th 800 FD, I was not hungry at all. I ate a chopped salad at 5pm, for 270 cals total for day, then off to babysit little granddaughters until late, and came home and went to bed.
    I was extremely (!!!) cold all night, and slept poorly as I often have with a “usual” FD under 500. So, I guess I felt like I had depleted all my glycogen and was starting some very good fat burning!
    This morning I haven’t been hungry, at all, but as it’s about noon I will eat when I’m hungry.

We are having DD and her family over for dinner later this afternoon, and there will be wine as well as steaks and roasted vegetables, and berries, cheese and yogurts for desert. I haven’t had alcohol in a week, and I can really tell a difference in my appetite. Alcohol seems increases my appetite, sometimes for a couple days after, so I’m going to do 6:1 with wine and any alcohol from now on.

@jumpgoldpenguin….When you are so close to your goal weight I think getting hungry is a sign that your body is trying to get back to your set point, which is more than you are at now. From everything I’ve read, it will take awhile for your body to stabilize and get the idea that where you are now is where it should stay. Be sure to eat healthy and get all nutrients you need in order to convince your body it is fine at your lower weight. And be kind to yourself! 🙂

@evolutioncoach….Welcome! I was a runner in my younger years. I felt it was a spiritual experience quite often. I loved it. I walk these days, and I love that, too. I pay more attention to the scenery when walking, and since I love the outdoors and the little creatures around, I don’t really miss running so much. Glad to have you on this journey with all of us!

@judyjudes…your pimped up cauliflower rice sounds good! I’m going to try it!

@at thanks for the yoga recommendation…looks great!

Best of luck to everyone and hope you’re enjoying the rest of Sunday.

Day 13, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Jumpgoldpenguin congratulations you’re so near target.
    I don’t feel I have the willpower to do what you said you could do earlier on. I did lose 3 kilos so far this month.

Today I served the carrot soup, mushroom stuffed boneless quails I prepared yesterday with yellow jasmine rice and a dessert bought from my nephew s coffee shop.

Good night everyone, keep on keeping on.

Day 13, Emden Germany, NFD

@michelinme and @at I’m fine, just busy with other things at the moment. x

@evolutioncoach welcome, you seem to do pretty well!

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

Day 13, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Quick check in. Will catch up on posts later.

Have a good Sunday everyone! 😊😊😊

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 963 total)

You must be logged in to reply.