New to this! Transformation journey 2017

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New to this! Transformation journey 2017

This topic contains 256 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Dragon Fly 7 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 258 total)

• Hey folks. Everyone seems to be doing so well!! I haven’t been good this past week at all. Went to a concert last week and ended up in McDonalds at midnight! 😕 Ate gulag all the way there and a fry up for breakfast!

My hubby works away and I find it quite easy when he isn’t here but not so easy when he is for some reason. I am trying to be good on my NFDs but think I’ll wait until he’s away till I have another fast day.
    Haven’t put on any weight though which is a huge bonus and surprise!

Hi Sanya, as long as your not putting weight on, that’s great 🙂

Completed my fast day ok yesterday, although its so strange how crap at home can sometimes throw you slightly! Not letting it beat me though, just make me more determined!

NFD for me today, not too hungry yet which is good .. I’ll go as long as I can before I have anything.

Have a great day everyone, hope the fasters had a successful day yesterday, and good luck to anyone fasting today.

Stay strong 🙂 x

Hope things improve at home, Dragonfly. I always feel a bit more vulnerable on a fast day too. But, scientifically, it’s making us more invincible so your determination will win through!
    I am 4lbs down after 3 weeks so I am really pleased with my weigh-in this a.m.! And it’s an NFD. I really didn’t want to go to the gym yesterday but 30 mins helped me reach my 10k steps. I’m sure that is helping. Not sure I can cope with daily HIIT but pedometer makes me more aware of what I am doing and what I’m not! It bleeps at me when I haven’t moved for a while! I have got such a long way to go to shift 3.5 stone though…[Sigh]
    Sanya – don’t give up. You haven’t fallen of the wagon. Do a fast day and immediately, you are back on track!
    Happy 5:2 ing!

Morning all! My mood is high today 😊 another 3lb off!! Down to 11.5.4 now and so so pleased, considering I started at 12.2.2 and only 5 weeks ago!!!

NFD today but going to keep healthy!

Have a great day x

Morning everyone! Thank you for the warm welcomes 🙂

Sanya – I can completely relate, it is 120% easier when my partner is away in the week and not sat next to me eating cake and other delicious foods! One bad weekend isnt the end of all your hard work though 🙂

Dragonfly – glad to see your not letting things dampen your spirit but I do hope you’re okay. Its a NFD for me too, yesterday went well and I’ve not eaten yet today (I do have a lovely cuppa with a sugar on my work desk though!)

Fatty44 – Well done on the 4lb loss! And for mustering the energy to attend the gym! Excercise isnt something i’ve added to my plan yet but I really should! It can only help! 3.5 stone to go but your already on your way 🙂

FoodFairy – 3lb down! Amazing and for the other loses and in only 5 weeks! Do you also add excersise to your weightloss plan like fatty44?

Happy fasting/ non fasting everyone.

Well done, Food Fairy!
    It’s v motivating hearing everyone’s successes. You’re all helping me! V grateful!
    FastScarlett – I hate exercise! So boring. Really have to force myself to do it. But, with so much weight to lose, I am biting the bullet. I am focusing on the number of steps a day rather than the way I actually acquire them. Just keeping active. Last week, I hit 10k easily when I did a load of housework yet no gym that day!

Hi everyone, hope if I can join u guys, I started the 4:3 diet on the 16 of Jan, I have 20 pounds to loose. I do exercise 3/4 times a week. Weigh in on the 31 of Jan and I was down 6.5 pounds. I got so trilled, then I got the periods and decided not to weigh because I always retain water so wouldn’t handle a gain so weigh in after 2 weeks and got disappointed that I gained 1/2 a pound. This week and last week couldn’t do any exercise, down with flu, also will be doing 5:2 this week on Thursday and Friday, busy with antibiotics. Next weigh in will be on Saturday. Good luck to everyone!

Hi and welcome Riz 🙂 Sorry you’ve been down with the flu, hope you start to feel better once the antibiotics kick in 🙂 Good luck with the weigh in on Saturday, I’m the same at that time of the month, I retain water like crazy, it drives me mad!!

I have been doing quite a lot of exercise since I’ve started this, I feel better for it, and it certainly helps my mood. I actually feel a bit guilty if I don’t do any (like this morning lol) I woke up feeling SO tired, I just had to sip my coffee and chill out a bit.

NFD today, but not feeling too hungry yet. Everyone’s doing great, the weight is coming off 😀

Have a great day!!

xx

Hi newbies, welcome to you all!!

I always weigh more a week before, during and a week after periods so don’t let if deflate you! Hope you feel better soon.

I do try and exercise everyday but have been really slacking lately!!! I do however, walk 5km on my lunch everyday so that tends to help me!!

FD for me today, don’t even dread them anymore and if I’m hungry I eat a polo which is 18 calories for 3!! This helps suppress my appetite and of course tastes amazing!!!

Have a lovely day guys, keep posting!!!! Xx

Also my time of the month! I’m 2lbs heavier than yesterday so I am NOT weighing myself until next Tuesday – too demoralising! It’s a fast day for me too. I haven’t had polos but I sometimes have sugar free chewing gum if I’m feeling weak! 5km in a lunch hour is great, Food Fairy! I’m back in work shortly so I am on my feet a lot more on Wed, Thurs and Fridays. Really had to force myself to the gym again today though – I did precisely no more than 30 mins to rack up my step count. I can’t wait until my miso soup…(!) but not feeling to hungry yet. I definitely feel hungrier throughout when I have a breakfast on a fast day. Which doesn’t make sense. But I seem to cope better by skipping it. I’m usually gnawing my hand by 10pm!
    Have a good day x

Incidentally, do any of you fill in the tracker on here? I have been doing it. Nice to see my BMI going down and a positive looking graph!

On fast days, I make up some sugar free jelly – it’s only 9kcal per serving and really helps when I’m after something sweet 😊

Thanks Dragon Fly, thanks Food Fairy. Today had the last coarse of the antibiotics. Feeling much better, but every time while I was having them I was feeling a lot of nauseas and only by eating food I could feel a bit better 🙁 normally I fast on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. But this week will have only 2 fasts. And unfortenately back to back 🙁 Tomorrow and Friday. Lets hope all the retain water is out of the system now. My hubby also on the fasting journey. Since the 16 of jan he already lost 11.5 pounds in 4 weeks. Am so jealous of him….lol. Hope to get back on track from Monday with my exercise routine. Normally I do the stationery bike for 35 minutes on my FD and some dumbell for the arms. On NFD I do the stationery bike plus 1000 skips. I remember that in the past skipping helped to loose baby weight when I had my daughter. I use to skip 1500 to 2000 4/5 times a week.
    Have a good one everyone!

Men are so lucky, aren’t they, Riz? I am also envious of his weight loss! I think I’d have to fast for 4 days a week to achieve 11.5lbs in 4 weeks!
    I’m at the ‘gnawing my arm’ stage of the evening! REALLY looking forward to my NFD tomorrow. I can’t do 2 days in a row. Good luck with that, Riz! I could really do with some sugar free jelly at this point, Sanya…none in the cupboard 🙁

Hi fatty, I do agree with u that for men it’s easier to loose weight quicker then us ladies 🙁 I suppose that’s how God made us, to restore more fat as we get older…lol 🙂 I also don’t like to do back to back fast, but I missed my fasts this week because of antibiotics, can’t have them in an empty stomach. That’s why I am trying to make it up. Have a good one:)

I lost a load of weight 5 years ago. I am definitely finding it a lot harder aged 44. The fat is sticking to me like superglue…
    Get well soon and take care!

Fatty, how much weight u need to loose? Are u near your target?

I’ve got to lose 3.5 stone! I’ve been doing the 5:2 for 3 weeks and I’ve lost 4lbs so far. If I continue to lose similar amounts of weight, I suppose it’s possible that I may have lost 3 stone by September? I lost 3.5 stone in 2011/2012 when I had recovered from my divorce and moving house with my little boy. I looked and felt wonderful and kept it off for nearly 2 years (I did a low carb diet) but I had met a new boyfriend and when that ended after 6 months, I got miserable again and gradually put on the weight again. I’m definitely an emotional eater. Luckily, my lovely partner that I am with now loves me as I am but I want to be healthier for my 9 year old and I want to fit into my lovely dresses from 5 years ago. And my partner is a keen cyclist and is a lovely shape. He wants me to live a long life! So he is doing 6:1 while I do 5:2.

Hi Fatty am sure we can all do it, we just need the will power. Check this link
    https://medium.com/personal-growth/myifguide-38037b3b1ec4#.kdv96x84i
    This girl lost 50 pounds in 7.5 months doing the 4:3 diet without any exercise. That’s what I am doing, trying to shift the majority of the weight and when i am near the goal then I can switch to 5:2. i think u should maybe try the same, just a suggestion. Today is FD for me. Good luck to all that are fasting today!

Hi guys 🙂 Hope you got through the fast day ok Fatty44 (I do feel bad calling you that lol) I’m fasting today, and looking forward to it actually. No doubt it will get tougher as the day goes on!

Riz, its great that your hubby is doing this with you 🙂 He’s done so well by the sounds of it 🙂 My guy is great in that he supports me 100% with it, and encourages me on my fast days 🙂 I think its good to have people know you’re doing this. That said, no one else knows lol.

I cant wait for the day when someone asks me “have you lost weight”! Not happened yet though haha!

I understand how people like to remain anonymous .. but my names Kay 🙂

Have a great day everyone, keep posting!!

xxxx

ps. Riz, I know you’re fasting too .. we can do this together 🙂 We’re stronger that way!

Good luck!!

Hi. I did 4:3 last week. I will probably do it alternate weeks as it’s harder to incorporate 4:3 into my lifestyle. But it would shift things quicker.

I shall change from Fatty44 to Gorgeous Slender44 if I achieve it! I’m really called Vicky! Hope the fasting goes well! X

Morning everyone! Isnt it great knowing that theres so many others only having 500 cals at the same time as you 🙂 makes me feel better anyway!
    Its my FD today and so far so good. My NFD’s were going well until I accidently found a small pizza for tea last night eek (it had been a long day!) hope it wont effect my weigh in tomorrow morning too much!

Fatty44 I have added one set of info to my tracker but im not sure if its visible, it is nice for my own benifit though when hopfully it continues to get better results!
    Riz and Fatty44 – 4:3! I dont think i could do that – thats an accomplishment in itself! Ill only be jealous in a few weeks when your results outweigh mine 😛
    Riz, I hop you feel better soon! let us know how you get on with your weigh in. Try not to take note of your Hubby’s results. Men get everything easier in life!

Dragonfly/ Kay – good luck on your FD! 🙂 – as you can guess from the username my names Scarlett.

Happy Fasting/Non fasting

Hi everyone, the day it’s just dragging…. 🙁 had black coffee with sweetener, trying to drink water but its so cold here and rainy, weather like this water just don’t go down! Later will have black tea to fill me up. Hope the fasting is going better than mine for u guys! Saving my calories for dinner. Will have a 3 egg omelette with some cheese, olives and red pepadew with some sugar snaps on the side.
    Fast scarlet, I will try not to feel demoralized with hubby’s losses, lol, the 2 thinks that messed up my fasts was the periods because I always retain water and weigh more, and the flu that made me eat a lot. Lets see if I can get on track now!

Have you got any miso soup? It’s only 32 cals for a sachet. Or a teaspoon of Bovril with hot water makes a soupy broth.
    Hang in there unless you’re feeling ill. I felt like that yesterday. I went slightly over my 500 and had 2 celery sticks!

Scarlett, on this diet is that on NFDs we suppose to enjoy it while not over doing it. Am sure u won’t have a problem on your weigh in day. And my name is Riz. Having a black tea now. Will have a chewing gum afterwards. Vicky Haven’t got any of those in the cupboard, plus saving my calories for the evening, I have noticed when I start having something with calories it triggers my hunger. So stay away from it!

Riz, its dragging for me too! Its terrible weather today. I wasn’t able to go for my usual lunchtime walk as the wind was just blowing me all over the place! Not good at all.

This is the hardest part of the day, everyones lunch smells delicious. Half way through though, so keep going ….

Scarlett, it really does help to know that others are fasting too .. keeps me strong 🙂

Have a good afternoon lovelies x

Hi dragon fly, I hoped u managed thru your FD, And everyone else that was fasting also. Today I skipped the sugar snaps because had a bit of homemade popcorn and I added some mushrooms to my omelette, it was delicious! Tomorrow again another FD for me 🙁

Good luck tomorrow, Riz! You did really well!

Thanks Vicky. Last night the food was really satisfying, they say high protein food on FD makes u feel fuller for long. Today just another miserable day, grey, cold and rainy 🙁
    Hope u all enjoy your NFD today! Is there anyone fasting today by any chance?

I’m going out tonight otherwise I would do an extra FD. Nearly the weekend, Riz! You can do it!

Riz, total respect to you for doing back to back fasts. I’m yet to try that. At the moment I’m just doing Monday and Thursday. Good luck, we all know you can do it .. and we’re here for you 🙂

Vicky, have a great day, and enjoy your evening 🙂

NFD for me today. I got through yesterday, I was starving by evening lol!!

I’m so glad its Friday. Have you guys anything nice planned this weekend? I’ll be cleaning tomorrow (calling it exercise) and then hopefully relaxing the rest of the time 🙂 I’m so tired this week!

Hugs to all xx

Thanks and Have a good one Vicky. Thanks Kay, I would like if u guys could always post what u eat on FD and NFD 🙂 it’s nice to have an idea. Just had my boring black coffee with sweetener and and having chewing gum. Weekend will be home, my 4 year toddler is sick now with flu. Tomorrow for breakfast will be some toast with butter and cheese, am making goat meat in the oven with roasted potato for dinner, my family loves it! So do I 🙂
    Sunday for breakfast will again some toast with cheese and some choc cake with butter cream that I frozed it. I made it on my toddlers birthday, and then for dinner will be chicken wings in the oven with home made mash potato. Yummy! We try to eat 2 big meals on the weekend.

Thanks and have a good one Vicky. Thanks Kay. It would be interesting if u guys could post what you have on your FD and NFD. Just to have an idea. Having my Boring black coffee with sweetener, after will have my chewing gum. Weather again boring. 🙁 staying home for the weekend. My toddler is down with flu now. Tomorrows breakfast will be toast with butter and cheese and for dinner am making goat meat in the oven with roasted potatoes, my family loves it, so do I! 🙂 Sunday breakfast toast again with cheese, choc cake with butter cream, had it frozen that I made on my sons birthday, dinner grilled chicken wings and home made mash potato, yummy! We try and keep to 2 big meals on the NFD.
    Have a good one everyone.

Having my black tea now. Dinner will be lentil soup with a bit of bread. Can’t wait for tomorrow….!

Hey peeps, hope everyone is having a good Friday 🙂 today is my forth fast day and I’m feeling goood! Want to rewatch the documentary this weekend to remind me of all the great benefits this lifestyle brings. Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow too. Have a great weekend everyone

Riz, your doing great! Stay strong .. it will be tomorrow soon 🙂

Katie, have a great weekend too! Hope the weigh in tomorrow brings you amazing results 🙂

x

Hi ladies, weight this morning down 2.9lbs from last week, 🙂 🙂
    Am very happy. Have a good one everyone!

Riz, that’s a great loss! The fast days definitely paying off 🙂

Sadly I was the same weight yet again this morning! Several weeks and no change now. I hope I’m losing inches given that I’m exercising quite a bit.

I’m sticking with it .. I hope the numbers start going down soon though.

Fasting today.

Good luck everyone x

Morning Ladies!
    Riz well done on the 2.9lbs weight loss! Fantastic 🙂 on my fasting days I tend to save the calories for a substantial dinner – so maybe skip breakfast, waitrose 44 cal chicken noodle soup (or similar) for lunch and an omlette and salad followed by a 10 cal jelly for dinner.

Kay, I also saw no weight loss last week, no gain either though so I cant complain! Im not fasting today as I usually would due to a social tonight but tomorrow i will resume. I was thinking of trying three fast days this week, Im off for the weekend to see an old friend in Brighton so would be nice if i could budge those scales slightly!
    Kay are you measuring yourself? my scales have been the same weight the past two+ weeks but I have lost inches – tried on some new knee high boots that previously wouldnt go over my mammouth calfs and now they fit! I would measuer this week – it gives you a boost even when the scales dont show the loss. 🙂

How did everyone elses week go last week?

Happy Fasting/non fasting

Thanks Kay, thanks Scarlett. I also didn’t loose for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden the weight just dropped. Hang in there guys, am sure it will go down. I am also fasting today, Wednesday and Friday. Went cycling with hubby saturday and sunday for an hour. i tend to make my 500 calories as tasty as possible, And have it all at dinner time. Today will be chicken burgers with bread toasted and some salad on side. Have a good everyone.

Morning everyone 🙂

Riz, I’ll be fasting with you on Wednesday. I usually do Thursday but am having to change my day this week. A girl is leaving at work, and we’re going out for lunch! I will try and keep it healthy, but think its easier to move the fast day 🙂

How did you all get on yesterday. I managed ok. I didn’t actually think about food all day .. I was busy at work which always helps!

I got some green tea yesterday, that is supposedly good for your immune system .. woke up this morning with swollen glands and feeling really blah! Weird!

Out of curiosity, I weighed this morning after my fast day and was down 2lb! Not sure if its water weight, but it was nice to see 🙂

Hopefully work will be a bit quieter today and I can lurk around on the forums and get some motivation 🙂

Have a great day everyone, and good luck with whatever your plans are .. stay strong!

Hey Kay, so nice when we see a drop on the scales even if its water weight! Keep it up! Unfortunately I won’t fast on Wednesday, fasting today actually because my husband is working till late today so they will provide sandwiches for them for dinner, and then I will fast on Thursday. Sorry I won’t be with u on the fast this week. 🙁 green tea with empty stomach makes me nausea! Can’t handle. I stick to my black tea and black coffee ad water.
    Yesterday went quite well. And today also managing, did some exercise this morning. Hope u get a better soon. The people on this group are not posting that much. 🙂 where are u all??

Hey, I’m guilty of not posting much but haven’t had a fast day the past 3 weeks due to my hubby being home (Don’t want to have to make different meals). Anyway, he’s away again tomorrow so planning a fast day then.
    On a positive note though – I haven’t put any weight on! Doing a lot of walking and started a nex ‘Dancersise’ class so that’ll all contribute.

Loving reading everyone’s achievements, you’re all doing so well!

I’m Kelly btw 😉

Forgot to say regarding the green tea – I buy the flavoured green tea and it is so much nicer. I have apple & cucumber and peach & cherry blossom. I’m not really a green tea/ fruit tea lover but really like these ones.

Hi Kelly, so nice of u to post. Its great when we dont put on the weight. thanks about the green tea, will look for those and try. Tomorrow is NFD for me. I will indulge for dinner roti (indian bread) vegetable curry and chicken kebab curry, can’t wait for it!! Today again am having a chicken burger with bread and salad. Yummy.. 🙂 happy fasting tomorrow everyone.

Hi Riz, green tea does the same to me every now and again, depending on the brand. I’ve got the Tetley Tropical one this week, which boots your immune. Its not making me sickly, but my throat is off this week and my head hurts! Doesn’t made sense lol. Other brands can give me terrible nausea. Not good.

This morning I’m on black coffee so far, mainly to keep me awake!

Kelly, nice to read your update 🙂 Are you still fasting today? We can get through it together 🙂 I know how hard it is when our fellas are at home, it makes it much more difficult. At least you’ve not put any weight on though, that’s brilliant! Dancercise sounds fun 😀 Let us know how that goes.

Well, as I said fasting today, although not feeling 100% well. I’ll try and do it though. I’m out for lunch tomorrow so cant really fast as usual.

Have a great day everyone 🙂

ps. I had a few pancakes last night with lemon and sugar. They were divine!

🙂

Hi, I’m fasting today. I need some moral support though – I am right back up to my original weight! I think it’s because of my time of the month but the 4lbs I lost is complete history. I’ve been consistently my original starting weight for nearly a week now. So demoralised. It doesn’t make sense. I am not going wild on NFDs and if I am eating 25% of daily intake on 2 days a week, that makes a NET loss! So fed up. I am going to add a 3rd fast day on Friday but I am despairing about my stupid body!!!!! :-(. Help!

Morning Vicky,

Dont be disheartened I would think that you can be certain that if its that time of the month that will be the cause. Try again this week and then next week you might have a surprise when weight and water retention all goes at once.
    My scales havnt budged for weeks either – weeks! but after never finding a successful diet I’m sticking with it in the hopes that one morning I’ll wake up to some lbs down.
    How often are you weighing? ‘consistenly for a week now’ – maybe try just once a week, same day, same time, same clothes..

I attempted fasting yesterday but stumbled slightly when pancakes were on the menu for dinner. low calorie day still but im fasting today to make up for it.

let us know how you get on!

Ah, bless you, Scarlett! I have such a lot of weight to lose that I find it extraordinary that I am not losing loads early on. I really hope it is all period-related and nothing else otherwise it simply doesn’t make sense! I’m not working until a bit later so I have just bought Davina’s 5WeekFit on my amazon thing and did a warm-up plus 7 minute workout. I can vary my exercise with my trips to the gym. Certainly feeling extremely puffed and it was over quickly!
    Have you got much to lose, Scarlett? I am also at the end of my tether with diets so I will have to persist with this one because I must have done absolutely everything else! And this is properly backed up by science and has additional health benefits that you don’t get with other regimes. I don’t weigh myself every day. About 3 times a week. I think weight just stubbornly hangs around more after 40. I used to notice regular 1-2lb losses in my 30s on diets. At the moment, I am completely back to square one!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 258 total)

You must be logged in to reply.