New to this! Transformation journey 2017

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New to this! Transformation journey 2017

This topic contains 256 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Dragon Fly 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 258 total)

• FoodFairy, I drink SO much water, I’m constantly drinking it. I think its a blood sugar thing to be honest .. I’ve read on here that its a common side effect in the early weeks, and that it will pass. Not had to have any painkillers yet today, so fingers crossed!

Good luck with your day 🙂 xx

Just realised, we’re onto page two of posts! Love the support here 🙂 xx

Good luck today Dragon Fly. Yesterday went quite well for me. I had planned quite well so wasn’t hungry at all and didn’t use up all my calories either. Haven’t had any headaches but I cannot stop passing wind!!
    I understand about not weighing yourself everyday but I just can’t help myself. I’ve been dieting for two weeks and has two fast days and so far, I’m down 6 1/2 lbs 😊 xx

FoodFairy – well done on getting through! Those tortillas sound lush 🙂

Dragon Fly – sounds lovely to have a chef! 😛 I only really cook twice a week, but it’s hard to choose something that everyone will like (and that’s also healthy!). Good luck today, hope the headaches stop 🙁

ChubbyPenguin – well done on the loss! And well done for getting through yesterday. It’s so hard to have one of those days :/

Sanya – 6 and a half pounds in 2 weeks! Wow 😁

FD for me today – it’s going well so far 🙂

Hope its going well today eskimogirl 🙂 I’m at lunchtime, and not doing too bad. I’m struggling to concentrate at work today though. Everything seems so noisy and people are walking around too much .. its distracting me! Just been out for a walk in the fresh air (very windy today here). Helped to clear my head. I hope I can get through this afternoon and not get too wound up with people lol!

Roll on home-time 🙂

Keep fasting on! xx

Happy Friday 🙂 we’ve almost made it to weekend!

My fast day was completed under 500 cals yesterday, so pleased with myself! No more fasting till Monday now woo hoo 😀

Hope everyone’s ok.

Have a great day whether it be fasting or not .. stay strong 🙂

xx

Morning all – joining Dragon Fly with a fast today. The weekend was NOT GOOD. Think I will be avoiding the scales until Friday!

Well done Dragon Fly! I’m also joining you today 😁

Chubbypenguin – my weekend was also not good! Oops. But it’s a new week 💪 (Looking like a busy one already 🙈)

Have a lovely day all!

Hey guys!! Checking in after the weekend! Had a naughty weekend and had a Chinese! 🙁 fasted today and went well however not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow!!

I hope you all had a lush weekend and Monday!

I will let you know how the weigh in goes tomorrow!!

X

Thanks eskimogirl! Hope you got through the day ok yesterday. I managed to keep it to my 500 cals, so feeling strong this morning 🙂

Foodfairy .. hope you have a good result when you weigh in. To be honest I wasn’t expecting a loss this week, as I’d had wine and other things over the weekend, but I was down 2lb! Hope its the same for you. I think after fasting a few days .. the extra food gives the metabolism a boost. Good luck!

Have a great day my friends xxx

Keep posting 🙂

Wednesday already! Weekends in sight 🙂

Just have to write this down … have a pair of trousers on today which previously, I would have had to loosen the button on by the end of the day, today they are so loose its incredible! I guess I’m losing inches as well.

7lbs down so far, and trousers that are a little on the baggy side.

LOVE IT!!!

Have a great day everyone 🙂 x

Was going to try for a back to back today and tomorrow but feeling a little under the weather so just going to do a FD tomorrow and sensible eating today. Not been a good week eating wise, managed a FD Monday but still on scale avoidance!

Morning guys!!!

Weigh in went wel yesterday lost over a pound, that’s just over 8lbs in 2 weeks!

Start weight: 12.2lbs
    Current weight: 11.8lbs
    Total loss: 8lbs

Will be pleased if I continue to lose each week! Second FD today of the week. Might try doing another one tomorrow or Friday as well so hopefully a better weight loss next week 🙂

Hope everyone’s good! Have a lush day x

Hi chubbypenguin, I’ve not attempted a back to back fast yet. Perhaps when your feeling better we could do one together? Might help to get us through. I woke with a bad headache this morning, so NFD today (aka sensible eating), and fasting tomorrow 🙂 Hope you feel better soon xx

FoodFairy, 8lb loss is fantastic! At the moment I’m just doing the two fast days a week, but I know a lot do 4.3. I think that might be a plan to speed up weight loss every now and again 🙂

xx

Dragon Fly – fab news about the jeans 😁
    Foodfairy, well done on the loss! Keep it up!

I’m on a back to back day today although it wasn’t planned, I’ve been too busy today and realised I’ve only had about 100kcal so will hopefully manage the rest of the day. Lost 7lb12ozs so far and am delighted. I’m just hoping I can still eat better once I have reached my target!
    (Still off the ciggies too 😊)

Dragon Fly that would be a great idea!
    Well done Foodfairy – am I right that that’s after a decent weekend too? Great loss!

I am on a FD today – and still artfully avoiding my scales. Might man up and get on tomorrow morning, am expecting a gain even after 2 fast days this week 🙁

Hello! Would you mind if I joined in? Very handy to have the extra motivation! I just started the 5:2 on Monday. I’m 44, BMI 35 (HORRORS!), height 5’6″ and 15,7 was my start weight. Got through my Monday and Wednesday fast days ok. I made the 5:2 chilli which is a godsend having frozen another 2 portions for next week! I’m doing 10k steps using my boyfriend’s Garmin which is helping to motivate me too. I was walking backwards and forwards in front of ‘Trust Me I’m A Doctor’ last night! Feel like the character in the Tracey Ullmann show. Quite a relief to remove it at night – it’s like a prison tag! It’s easier when I’m at work. Hope you’re having a good day, all? I’ve got drinks with school run mums tomorrow night so I am a bit worried about ruining my entire week in one fell swoop!

Hi everyone, and welcome fatty44! The more the merrier here, look forward to chatting with you 🙂

Chubbypenguin, good luck with the fast day. How’s it going so far. I’m fasting too and struggling today for some reason 🙁 I’m not going to eat until later. I’m so tired today, which is probably why its harder than usual 🙁 WE CAN DO IT!!

Sanya, you are doing so well still being of the cigs! Sounds like you cracked that one 🙂 Keep going!

Have a great afternoon, it helps so much knowing I can actually come on here and admit I’m struggling. You all keep me on track and motivated!

Just been for a walk, and even struggled with that LOL. I’ll be so glad to get under the duvet tonight .. I need to sleeeeeeeep!!!!!

Hugs to all xx

Hi everyone

Would you mind if I also joined you? I am 35, 5ft 7 and weigh 13 stone 5 pounds (eek!!) I think the motivational posts on here are brilliant 🙂 You’re all doing fantastic

Morning everyone, and welcome Muffin33 🙂

Hope you all had a good weekend. Its gone too fast as usual!

I’m so disappointed that the scale showed NO loss for me this week 🙁 I know its not a gain, and I should be glad of that, but its so disheartening as I’ve been trying so hard 🙁

I’m trying not to beat myself up too much, and am fasting today. Green tea, water and not much else.

Good luck with the day guys, stay positive 🙂 xx

Dragon Fly – don’t get disappointed, I put on 1lb!! I know that I’ve been eating too much on my NFD’s though so this week I’m refocusing, tightening up what I eat on NFD’s and sticking with the 2 days fasting. Day 1 today – we can do this!!

Stay positive Dragon Fly and Chubbypenguin. The scales are a huge motivator, but sometimes the loss comes in inches too 🙂

Having said that, I’m convinced my scales tell lies sometimes! I weighed myself on Friday and was 13 stone 5 pounds. I haven’t started fasting yet (will have my first fast day tomorrow as I appear to have developed the lurgy last night), but I did try to behave myself sort of with the food and drink over the weekend and this morning they said I was 13 stone 1 pound? I am chuffed to bits however, I can’t help thinking they will do a U-turn at the end of the week after 2 fast days and say “oh you know the other day when I said you were 13 st 1, I fibbed ” lol

Still, it shows as a loss for now so I’ll take it with no questions asked 🙂

Thanks chubbypenguin and Muffin33 🙂 After my initial disappointment, I’m turning it to my advantage and using it to make me more determined this week 🙂

I’m at lunchtime on fast day 1 of the week, and feel okay so far. Think the green tea is making me a bit queasy though, so sipping water only for now.

Stay strong, we can do this!

xx

Hi all, I just wanted to say today is my first fast day (although I have half heartedly tried before) and I would this thread really motivating and supportive. Hope you’re all having great days 🙂

So far I’ve not had anything to eat today and I’m feeling good. Chicken stir fry planned for tea, so I’m hoping my first day is going to be a great one

Afternoon all!! My fast day today as wel, going well so far so fingers crossed I can keep this up!!! Dragon fly don’t let this dishearten you, better than a gain which I think I’m in for tomorrow 🙁
    Welcome muffin33 remember your weight can change up to 5lbs per day this could be why!!

Good luck all, catch up soon!!

Looks like we’re all in this together today! Welcome 09Katie 🙂

Dragon Fly – I had a green tea on a fast day last week and it made me feel unbelievably queasy, I thought it was just me!

I am back to once again being scared of my scales. Might get on them tomorrow, see the damage, then put them away for 4 weeks. Determined to do 4 weeks of good eating – not ruling out any foods but trying to eat far more mindfully….INCLUDING weekends. Fed up of looking in the mirror and seeing, well, a chubby penguin!! Plus I have a ridiculously expensive pair of trousers that are an inch away from fitting!

Welcome 09Katie 🙂

Foodfairy glad your days going well .. stay strong!

Chubbypenguin, its definitely not just you .. some Green Teas make me queasy .. today was bad. I’ve been better this afternoon just with the water. Getting a bit of headache though now 🙁

Its great that we’re in this together, we’re stronger that way.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

Hugs to all x

Hello! I’ve completed a whole week now and lost nothing since last Monday so I can empathise re feeling demoralised! I have done 10k steps each day (inc gym and swim, cycle rides etc) and did not cheat on either fast day. I can’t understand it! Didn’t go wild on the other days either. Maybe it takes a bit longer to show some signs? I’m on fast day one of week 2 today [STOMACH GROWL]😕

I’ve just been reading the FAQs and bits and bobs from other topic forums. Decided to calculate my TDEE to find out the calories I should be consuming on non-fast days. The TDEE calculators seem to vary wildly! On one, it says about 1600 calories and on two others, it suggests about 2000!
    I think this 5:2 thing is slightly misleading. I don’t expect to go beserk and eat more than I normally do on non-fast days, but surely, if I’m eating 3500 calories less in a week and doing more exercise, this should definitely result in weight loss?!
    Also, it looks like even 1lb loss is very good in a week so if you lose nothing but gain nothing, that’s good too. Personally, I can’t say it’s terribly rewarding when I’m feeling hungry on another fast day! It seems contrary to the success stories I’ve read in the book! [Feeling a bit grumpy and trying not to think about food…]

Hi everyone .. thanks for all your support, its amazing 🙂 I also think the 5.2 lifestyle is more about the health benefits, I think the weight loss is a bonus for many people. I was disappointed yesterday, definitely. I’m sticking with it though. Out of curiosity I measured my waist this morning (I measured it last when I started this) and I’ve actually lost 4 inches! This is surprising, but yet helped with my disappointment from yesterday. At least I’m toning up. I will go with the weight loss as it happens and if I don’t lose one week, so what! We just have to keep going to reap all the other benefits 🙂

Its a NFD for me. I managed to fast yesterday, although was probably slightly over 500 cals. I really struggled yesterday, it was hard work! I was really hungry. I was glad when it got to bed time, and I slept so well. I’m hoping it was just the tiredness that made it a chore yesterday. I usually enjoy the calmness I get on a fast day. Yesterday wasn’t like that.

This morning, I got up and did a workout, shower and now I’m at work feeling more positive than I was yesterday.

I hope everyones good today, good luck with weigh ins, fasts .. whatever your plan for the day is.

An hour at a time today for me .. I’m not putting too much pressure on myself.

Be happy guys xx

Wow! 4 inches is amazing! Well done, Dragonfly! Well worth the effort! My tummy feels taut today. I am down 2lbs after my fast day yesterday. I decided to watch the Michael Mosley Horizon prog on iPlayer again and it has really helped! Reminded me of the huge benefits of fasting so I must focus a bit less on my desperation to lose weight!! Have a good day!

Well done dragon fly!! 4 inches is amazing – and lets be honest, looking (and feeling) fab and slimmer is far more important than any number on the scales!

Fatty44 – I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the doc, I’ve read the book (all be it a while ago) so I might have to do that soon.

I didn’t weigh, but found a good way to maintain control on a NFD – wear a pair of skinny jeans that are sliiiightly too small and a waist belt! Not comfortable…..

Good luck today everyone!

Thankyou!

fatty44, well done on the 2lb down 🙂 its a brilliant feeling 🙂

That is such a good way to stay motivated and in control chubbypenguin, the sliiiightly to small jeans! I might have to give that a go at weekend … I have some which I know for a fact will be a bit tight on me, and it will remind me that I USED to fit in them 😀

Just been for my lunchtime walk, it was quite a brisk one today too .. so feeling good 🙂

Hi everyone

Hi 09Katie. I thought the same as you, everyone’s great on here cheering others on 🙂

It’s great to hear other people’s victories on the scales and off the scales: 4 inches – nice one Dragon Fly ! 🙂

I may have to copy you fatty44 and watch the program again. I have ordered the book so that should arrive in a few days so hopefully some advice will sink in once I’ve read it.

It’s my first fasting day today (cue daunting music). Tomato cup a soup for lunch and pork with vegetables for tea.

I appear to be inbetween sizes at the moment as my trousers look loose from the back, but it’s not enough to be able to get into the next size down. I look like I am wearing clown trousers!!

This is just a random question, but when do you all weigh yourselves? Do you prefer to do it the day after the second fast day or do you stick to a day regardless like a Saturday morning? I’m just curious to see what works for others to motivate myself 🙂

I think the program is called ‘Eat, Fast and Live Long’ but you should find it by searching for ‘Horizon’ in iplayer. I also saw a bit of an old dieting prog on All 4 where someone was doing 5:2. She had loads to lose and a 4 month target. She definitely cheated a bit (I never understand this when you’ve picked for a tv prog to do a specific diet!) but still lost more than a stone in that time.
    I’ve had 6 pickled gherkins for breakfast and a cup of tea with milk! I will get a headache if I don’t have at least one cuppa today! Incidentally, I discovered that there were quite a lot of calories in a tea with semi-skimmed milk and I am a complete teapot! So I must have been going well over my 500 to about 600 calories on fast days as a result! GROAN! Be warned!
    As for weighing myself, I am doing it approximately every other day. I don’t know how helpful it is. In the middle of last week, I was 4lbs down, but by Monday (a week after my first fast day), I was back to my start weight! But my weight seems to fluctuate wildly during the average week. I am surprised to find I am still 2lbs down on my start weight today. (Especially after a big Valentine’s meal last night – Waitrose £20 meal deal inc prosecco!)
    Have a good day! My tummy is rumbling. Not working today so going to force myself to the gym for 30 mins to rack up some steps to my 10k daily target!

Morning guys 🙂

I weigh myself officially on a Monday morning, but I’ve been sneakily weighing myself mid-week lately. I find that when I do that, I see how weight can fluctuate. I’m trying to go back to the once a week thing from now on 🙂

Had a day off work yesterday, it was wonderful! Went for a Chinese Buffet (so naughty) it was a NFD, but it was so weird that I couldn’t manage to eat much! My stomach must definitely be shrinking. So, all in all, I didn’t over do it yesterday which I feel glad about.

Got a workout in before work this morning, so all good.

Fasting today, wish me luck, Monday was so hard to get through!

Have a great day everyone, keep posting, it really does help! xx

Good luck with the fast day! My second one of the week was yesterday. I went to bed earlier – hungry. All in the mind though as I haven’t even had breakfast yet this morning and I’m no hungrier for it than normal! X

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been rubbish at updating on here! Weighed myself Tuesday as I do every week and another 1lb off 🙂 I never weigh more than once a week as I hate seeing my weight in the first place! Managed 3 fasts this week Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so will let you know how the weigh it goes next week!! Fingers crossed!! Having a nice salad for my lunch today so not being to bad! Not exercised this week and need to get back on track!! Well done everyone for your loses and hard work! I’m loving this lifestyle 😀 x x

Wow – 3 in a row? I definitely couldn’t do that! Amazing dedication there, Food Fairy! There will be no justice if you haven’t lost more next Tuesday! I am toying with a 3rd fast day tomorrow as it will just be me and my 9 year old at home (I am a teacher on half term). I’ve got a pile of work to do and the temptation will be to pick at food. Must resist!

Foodfairy, hope the fast days pay off when it comes to weigh in 🙂 good luck! Cant wait to hear your results 🙂

Fatty44, did you decide to fast today? I know you can resist the temptations that will be there, you are strong! Think of us all here cheering you on 🙂

Well, I managed my fast day yesterday. Its so hard at the moment, I think, because work is SO quiet. I literally sat here yesterday with hardly anything to do, and it dragged like crazy. Of course, I think about food and eating when its like that! I was getting a bit mad at it all yesterday, but refused to let it beat me!

NFD today 🙂 Going to try and keep it low, but at least I can eat at lunchtime 🙂

Its Friday at last, I hope you all have a great weekend. Have you anything nice planned? Me and my fella are going away in our campervan on Saturday and staying over in Stafford, then going to a VW show on the Sunday. We’re really into the classic VW’s .. so I’m really looking forward to getting away. Usually the camp overs of the past involve lots of vino, I must try and behave myself this time though. I don’t want to undo any of the work I’ve done since January!

Have fun everyone xx

Foodfairy, hope the fast days pay off when it comes to weigh in 🙂 Good luck! Cant wait to hear your results 🙂

Fatty44, did you decide to fast today? I know you can resist the temptations that will be around. Think of us all here cheering you on 🙂

Well, I managed my fast day yesterday. Its so hard at the moment, I think, because work is SO quiet. I literally sat here yesterday with hardly anything to do, and it dragged like crazy. Of course, I think about food and eating when its like that! I was getting a bit mad at it all yesterday, but refused to let it beat me!

NFD today 🙂 Going to try and keep it low, but at least I can eat at lunchtime 🙂

Its Friday at last, I hope you all have a great weekend. Have you anything nice planned? Me and my fella are going away in our campervan on Saturday and staying over in Stafford, then going to a VW show on the Sunday. We’re really into the classic VW’s .. so I’m really looking forward to getting away. Usually the camp overs of the past involve lots of vino, I must try and behave myself this time though. I don’t want to undo any of the work I’ve done since January!

Have fun everyone xx

Today is my second fast day 🙂 got a low cal meal in the slow cooker, planning on plenty of water and it’s the cinema tonight so hopefully I’ll be too busy to notice. Happy Friday everyone

09Katie I’m with you – fasting today. Very much needed as unfortunately been at a work conference for the last 2 days…so breakfast rolls, dessert with lunch (!!) biscuits and 3 course dinners. From now on though I am in control, so using a 500 day today as my re-set switch.

This is my first post. It’s great that there’s such a community on these boards. Hi to everyone! I’m on my second week, fourth fast day overall. Today has been harder than the last two for some reason. I’ve had tea, tons of water, miso soup, and a low-cal tofu meal for lunch. I’m trying to hold out another hour or two before I eat a salad. Overall, I’m kind of foggy and tired more than simply hungry. One bit of good news is that I lost 3 pounds last week. I did a bit worse on my eating on NFDs this week, so we’ll see how I’ve done when I weigh in on Monday.

Hope you’re having fun at the VW show, Food Fairy! I like the sound of it. I’d love a VW camper but budgets don’t allow. I’m doing up a hilarious 1980s French folding caravan for ‘micro-breaks’ at weekends! Doesn’t have quite the same glamour and cache!

Just enjoy yourself there – the joy of the fast diet is that you don’t feel like you’re on a permanent, unsustainable regime. On the Horizon program, they said that even though you eat 25% of the recommended intake on a fast day, noone ever eats 175% on an NFD so there will be less consumption. Occasional over-indulgence at the weekend shouldn’t ruin everything.

Sounds like several of us were fasting yesterday! Safety in numbers! It was my 3rd of the week. I found it pretty tricky and think I went up to about 600. But as it was an extra, I’m pleased! I’m down another pound so that’s 3lbs in 2.5 weeks. A bit slow – would prefer 2lbs a week, quite honestly! But, I always find weight v v hard to shift and a pound is average on this diet.

Tucsongirl – keep busy! I find fast days a lot harder when I’m not busy. And I go to bed a bit earlier so it’s not viable to eat anything! Hope your weigh-in is good.

HAPPY WEEKEND! 2 NFDs in a row – YAY!!!!

Fatty44, it was me who was at the VW Show!! It was amazing 🙂 I absolutely LOVE that lifestyle, its a complete chill out. We got there at 1pm on Saturday and completely relaxed for 24 hours lol! I did have some beer/wine in the evening, but didn’t overdo the food side of it. When I weighed this morning I was still the same weight as last Monday, which I guess is good 🙂

Fasting today 🙂

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Welcome Tucsongirl 🙂 Keep posting here, it helps 🙂

x

I’m joining the fasting today – actually managed a (fairly) restrained weekend. Must stop gaining and losing the same 2lbs over and over, I’m boring myself.

Had yogurt and fruit, soup for lunch and a little chicken and veg for tea.

Good luck everyone 🙂

Hi All!

Hope you dont mind the post but I’d also love to join in with your 2017 transformations!
    Im 26 y/o female and have 3 stone+ to lose. I have been 5:2ing since the second week of January and have lost 11lb – I’m almost very nearly hopeful that this could be the diet that finally works!

I fast Mondays and Thursdays – its the weekends that causes issues as the s/o works away and comes home to treat me to meals out and trips to the cinema where the popcorn lives etc (shouldnt complain!)

My weight loss has been up and down still the past few weeks but I am now sticking to only a friday weigh in. Does anyone else get this? How can you lose or gain 4lb over night?!
    Last week no weight loss but did lose 1/2 inch off waist – will update friday :).

Well done to everyone on your weight loss too! I’m feeling so motivated after reading all of your posts! 🙂

x

Apologies, Dragon Fly – think I replied on my phone and probably scrolled too much and got confused! Glad you had a good time though! Sounds like you were very restrained. I wasn’t particularly restrained over the weekend. Half a bottle of prosecco on Saturday night with a homemade curry and a big lunch out with family yesterday! So it’s a fast day today for me too. I’ve just tried a miso soup. Not suicidally awful and only 32 calories….anything to stop my growling tummy. Chubby Penguin – can sympathise with the 2lbs on and off thing! Hello, Fast Scarlett – I’ve had a 6lb difference on 2 consecutive days before. It seems completely ridiculous without amputating an actual body part and then reapplying it. My body is not a temple – it’s a complete mystery. I must say, I’m very envious of your 11lb weightloss! That’s amazing! I’ve got 3.5 stone to lose so it’s given me some added motivation! I forgot to weigh myself first thing this morning so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see if I’m still on track. I must say, it would be nice to lose 2lbs a week rather than 1lb but it’s definitely better than nothing!

Our little circle is growing in numbers, that’s SO good!! 🙂 Welcome FastScarlett .. I’ve been the same recently, I’ve been the same weight for a few weigh in’s now, but seem to be losing inches! Its all good 🙂 keep going 🙂

Chubbypenguin, hope your fast day going well. This is the hardest hour for me, the lunch hour at work lol. I’ve been for a walk, and have had another black coffee. We can do this!

I have a low cal prawn linguine for dinner later .. 410 cals, so hopefully I can stick with that for the day 🙂

We are strong together 🙂

x

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 258 total)

You must be logged in to reply.