New to this! Transformation journey 2017

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New to this! Transformation journey 2017

This topic contains 256 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Dragon Fly 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 258 total)

• Hi guys, I’m a 5″5, 24 year old female, currently weighing 12st and wanting to be 9st! This is the biggest I have ever been and I feel so uncomfortable! I’ve tried various diets, which have not worked for me in the long run, hence why I’m starting this! I will try and post my progress so please wish me luck and watch this space…

Hi TheFoodFairy,

I wish you all the best and look forward to reading your posts and progress! I was able to shed 10 kg and reach maintenance by following this as a way of life. Now that I’m in maintenance, I continue with the program to keep me at a weight I’m happy with. Have you planned for your first fasting day? I found that working out exactly what to eat, prior to each fast day really helps me! You’re heard of http://www.myfitnesspal.com ? It helps me work out calories for fasting days.

Thanks Lael,

Weighed myself this morning and actually weighed in at 12st 2.2 lbs with a 38.8% body fat! Disgusted!!
    My plan for today was to have just a satsuma this morning and then fast until dinner (6.30pm). I don’t usually feel hungry at work anyway, I just eat because it’s there. This way I can look forward to a nice healthy filling dinner later. Open to suggestions!!
    I have used MyFitnessPal before and totally agree it great!!
    My partner has also agreed to take on the challenge, although his job is very physical so not sure he will last long!
    Here goes nothing…

Weighed myself this morning and actually weighed in at 12st 2.2 lbs with a 38.8% body fat! Disgusted!!
    My plan for today was to have just a satsuma this morning and then fast until dinner (6.30pm). I don’t usually feel hungry at work anyway, I just eat because it’s there. This way I can look forward to a nice healthy filling dinner later. Open to suggestions!!
    I have used MyFitnessPal before and totally agree it great!!
    My partner has also agreed to take on the challenge, although his job is very physical so not sure he will last long!
    Here goes nothing…

Soooooo… first fast day completed! No food until 19.40pm this evening! Wasn’t as tough as I thought and had a lush, little over at 520 calorie dinner. Drank 3 litres and also went for a 5k run!
    My partner seems to think fasting all day, then exercising on empty is really bad and I will prob store more fat! Is this correct?
    For me I feel great and can’t wait to keep it up and see the results πŸ™‚

So 3 days in and just competed my second fast day! Wow! I feel great! Been exercising all 3 days and drinking loads of water to stay hydrated. Today was defo easier than Mondays fast, I didn’t feel so weak! Buzzing for my weigh in next week, fingers crossed πŸ™‚

Great news FoodFairy! All power to you! πŸ™‚

Thank you πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼

Hi TheFoodFairy26 πŸ™‚
    I was wondering if I could join you in posting progress on here?

I started fasting just over a week ago and today is my forth fast day, so I have been trying to do 4:3.Not sure If I will keep this up or go onto 5:2 though!

I actually have quite similar aims to you. I am 25 and I currently weight 12st 7 which is awful for me. I am a pretty active person, I jog 5 times a week and last year completed insanity three times. despite this I have gained two stone in the last two years! I decided it is time to do something about my diet.
    Don’t get me wrong when I exercise I definitely look better but the weight has still pilled on so this is my new strategy.

I wanted to ask, what kind of exercise do you do on fast days? I have been trying to keep up with my jogging but the last day was hard, I felt pretty tired all day. However I think this was because I tried to only eat one meal in the evening. Realistically I need two I think πŸ™‚

I am really sorry I did not mean for that post to be so long πŸ˜›
    Anyway good luck on your weight loss journey!

Hiya!
    Yes of course! We can keep each other motivated!
    Funny you should say that I started insanity last night! I too often jog/run but it is my eating habits. I am trying to mix up the exercise so one day run, one day walk and then one day exercise video. His way I won’t get bored and won’t feel I am only targeting my legs!

Well done for doing 4:3, I may try this in a couple of weeks but for now 2 days is hard enough. I prefer having one big meal in the evening after I exercise as I really look forward to it.
    I’m drinks 3 litres a day to keep hydrated and full and chewing gum is my best friend!!!

Keep me updated on your progress, good luck 😁

Hi Food Fairy, I’d love to join your thread too πŸ™‚ I’m in my third week, its my second fast day of the week and I’m struggling a bit today. Just come on here for a little motivation lol!

I been trying to up my exercise (how addictive can it get) I used to LOVE the Insanity workouts, Shaun T is amazing. I think one of those would kill me at the moment haha, but its something to work to!

I’m drinking water like crazy.

I’m the same as you, I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and I feel terrible when I step on the scales.

We can do this! Stay strong πŸ™‚

Dragon xx

Welcome dragon fly!!!

Don’t give up!!!

How’s your weightloss been so far???

Thank you!! πŸ™‚

Its my third week, and I’m down 3lb. I lost 2lb the first week, and was 1lb down when I weighed at the beginning of this week. Next weigh in is Monday morning.

I’ve read that this way of life is for a slow and steady weight loss over a longer period of time, I was a bit disappointed to have only lost a pound this week, but its a loss right? Slow and steady wins the race πŸ™‚

Oh, I googled about exercising in a fasted state .. apparently it has a LOT of benefits. There’s loads of stuff online about it for you to read πŸ™‚ apparently we burn fat more efficiently when our stomachs are empty .. yayy!

xx

Can I join please? I’m 25 and needing to lose a stone. I’m in week 1 although I have done the 5:2 diet before and lost 3 stone.

So far 2lbs down. On a fast day today and I’ve just had homemade soup. I’m a little different in that I like to graze all day so try to fast till lunch then have a few snacks and a low cal dinner.

Anyone fasting today?

Hi chubbypenguin (great name!)

I’m on a fasting day today .. we can do it πŸ™‚

Great job on the 2lb so far.

x

Welcome everyone!!

End of day 4 and today was my NFD, went well however had bad bowel movements 😷 Anybody else had any issues?

Done a 5k walk at lunch to keep on track!!

Had a lush steak, sweet potato fries and veg dinner 🍴 yummy!!!

Anybody have some good recipes???

Hi Food Fairy πŸ™‚

I’m with you on the bowel thing, although its usually when I eat my evening meal on a fast day, like last night πŸ™ I’d had a really good day, and my cals came in at 334 in the end (a bit too low really), but 20 minutes later I was rushing to the loo every two minutes! Not sure why that is to be honest.

I’m sooo glad its Friday. NFD for me, although not too hungry yet.

Did a workout this morning, just an old Pump it Up dvd lol. The old ones are the best!

Have a great day x

Oh thank goodness I’m not the only one! Maybe it’s just our bodies getting use to the diet??

Love pump it up DVD!! Insanity is my fav at the moment πŸ™‚

No more fast until Monday!! Yay!!

Have a good day, I will check back later for a further update πŸ™‚

Hi TheFoodFairy 

Wow well done for doing insanity with this! I loved insanity hence doing it three times:P eventually it gets a bit samey thought, I did try p90x after but really hurt my shoulder (I broke it when I was a kid and didn’t realise how vulnerable it still was), ended up doing nothing for about a month and got back into jogging. Bit bored of that now though πŸ˜›

I am mainly doing 4:3 because work is super slow atm so I’m working from home a lot which makes it so much easier  It might not last when it all gets busy again but we will see!

Yesaterday was fast day four and I’ve got to say it was the easiest so far! I ate a small meal at about three pm of one poached egg with spinach and then a homemade chilli with LOTS of salad in the evening. Can’t say I felt that hungry, I’m hoping it’s like this from now on!

Hi Dragon Fly and chubbypenguin,
    We have a little group going, this is awesome!
    DragonFly I have to agree about insanity! Awesome but really tough! The results I got were amazing though. Well done for the 3lb that is awesome! Slow and steady is definitely the best kind of weight loss. Hmm interesting stuff about exercising in a fasting state, I’m going to take a look  although I doubt I could do very strenuous exercise. Although having said that yesterday I felt so energetic at like ten o’clock in the evening after fasting, just not an ideal time to be exercising πŸ˜›

Chubbypenguin wow 3 stone is amazing! Can I ask how long that took? Look forward to hearing about your progress πŸ™‚

Anyway good luck everyone!

Hi folks. I’d like to join in too. I turn 34 tomorrow and over the past couple of years have put on about a stone and a half that has gone straight to my thighs! My problem is that I’m a late night snacker and have a very sweet tooth! I’ve also just stopped smoking (9 days so far!) and this is making me really hungry too! Probably not the best idea to do both at the same time but I’m determined to do it! I love the pump it up DVD too!
    I’ll probably do my first fast day on Monday as I find it easier to not eat when I’m working. Xx

Hi guys πŸ™‚ hope your days are going ok πŸ™‚

Knedod2017 I know what you mean about workouts getting too samey. I soon get bored if I do one particular one too many times. I like to change it up a bit if I can. P90X is really tough. I like the Kempo X part of that though πŸ™‚

Sanya, you are doing SO well with stopping smoking. I know how hard this is! Keep going .. you can do it! πŸ™‚ I’ll be fasting on Monday too, so we can support each other πŸ™‚

Have a great weekend .. I’m loving our little group thing πŸ™‚

Catch up Monday, and stay strong this weekend xx

Evening guys! Hope you all had a lovely day. Managed to do another 5k walk on my lunch which is keeping me motivated! Having stir fry for dinner tonight, yummy…..

Loving the support and motivation on here, please keep posting!!

My weigh in on Tuesday, can’t wait 😊 fingers crossed! Stay good this weekend guys! Have a good one πŸ’ͺ🏼

Hi guys. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I slightly overindulged yesterday as it was my birthday so I had cake and all the usual stuff.
    I’ve gotten to tea time tonight and realised that I’ve only had 342kcal so far today, so today is now my first fast day! Away to have some beef and veg for tea then I’ll probably have to have an early night so I’m not too hungry lol.

Hi guys πŸ™‚ hope you all had a great weekend!

Birthday wishes Sanya, you are allowed to over indulge on your birthday πŸ™‚ Hope you had a lovely day πŸ™‚

Food Fairy, walking is SO good. I try to walk at lunchtime too, but I don’t really have a long break, so can only usually manage 25-30 minutes. Everything helps though I guess. Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow!

I was another 1lb down this morning. Not bad to say that I had wine and some “extras” this weekend. Did a workout Sunday morning and again this morning, I’m loving how good it makes me feel afterwards.

I’m fasting today … this is the start of my fourth week, so I hope its easier than past fast days!

Stay strong everyone, and keep posting, I’m loving the support too πŸ˜›

Food fairy I have been on the 5.2 plan and lost 7 kilos in 5 weeks. Read dr Moseley book stick to the plan and you will be a happy loser. I have been doing 3 days a week otherwise I’m a loose canon in the kitchen!

Morning guys! Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Well done dragon fly, keep up the losing!

I wasn’t as good this weekend as I would have like to be, I still exercisied on Saturday but had s little treats! Hoping this won’t affect my weigh in tomorrow as I’ve been so so good all week!

It’s my third fast day today and to be honest I’m not even slightly worried or dreading it!

My biggest downfall at the weekend is the amount I do not drink! I don’t drink any water which I should!

Warm breeze, 7kg what’s that in pounds (sorry rubbish at conversion) well done anyways!!!

Keep posting guys, I love reading them all it’s keeping me on track!!

Speak later x

Hi Everyone,
    Happy Birthday Sanya, you should totally indulge on your birthday. That’s what I really like about 5:2 is that you can over indulge and not feel bad about it because there is a fast day round the corner 

DragonFly well done for that pound  Lovng how everyone is so focused 
    WarmBreeze that is amazing weight loss! I hope I can be somewhere near that successful.

So I did my first weigh in today. Not overly happy but not disappointed either, I only lost 1lb, however I was dieting before I started 5:2 so this probably explains the small loss. Also a pound is a pound wooo! However when I started about a week ago by body fat was 43% (so sad) and now it is 40%!! So that’s amazing. I have also lost an inch off my waist and hips! This is bloody amazing in just over a week! So I’m definitely not going to let the small loss put me off 

You guys are also really helping to keep me motivated!
    Good Luck all!

Every 1lb gone is a loss πŸ™‚ We have got this! Its great to lose inches too πŸ™‚ I really need to start measuring myself!

I just wish today was busier at work … fast days are difficult enough, but I’ve hardly anything to keep me occupied, and its only 11.30! I’ll go out at 12 for a 30 minute walk, so hope that wakes me up and focuses my mind again.

I keep coming on here to read the forums. It does help πŸ™‚

Stay strong everyone πŸ™‚ x

Hi all – sorry for the delayed response! The 3 stone took me about 7 months I think? Possibly more as can’t remember exact dates.

Dragon Fly I often go for walks in my lunch break, a good way to take your mind off a fast. I just went for a quick 20 min walk this lunch, fasting today! Just think by now you’re through the majority of it, just got to stay strong for a few more hours.

Afternoon guys!

Another fast day over, on way home now to have chilli con carne and cauliflower rice!! Can’t wait!

A bit nervous about my weigh in tomorrow 😬 Really hope I’ve lost!

Went for another 5k walk on my lunch today so hopefully that will help with a loss!

Love having you guys for moral support! Keep posting and think skinny thoughts πŸ’­

Morning guys!!

So I lost!! Down from 12.2.2 to 11.9.6! Body fat down and measurements down, absolutely over the πŸŒ™

Definitely going to stay on track and feel amazing!! Onwards and downwards 😁😁😁🌈

WOW FoodFairy, that’s amazing! You must feel fantastic πŸ™‚ Definitely the motivation needed to keep me going with this too!

My fast day went well .. stuck to the 500 cals, and slept really well last night. Did a workout when I got up this morning. I’m having a days rest tomorrow though, my rest days are going to be Wednesday and Saturday. I feel really tired this morning. Its hard with work πŸ™

Hi Chubbypenguin, the walks at lunchtime really DO help take my mind of fasting. Also it gets me out of work while everyone else is munching their lunch! Hope your fast day went well yesterday πŸ™‚

We are strong!

Have a great day x

Thanks Dragon Fly, I’m so pleased and feel I’m going to stick to this diet!!!

Well done for getting up and doing a workout, I find it so hard in the mornings!!

My chilli con carne and cauliflower rice was only 371 calories!! Chuffed with that!!

Have a lush day guys πŸ˜€

WOW it must feel so awesome to be in the 11s I am so looking forward to that! Still got quiet a ways to go yet πŸ™‚

DragonFly sounds like a really successful fast day πŸ™‚ I am fasting today but I feel like it is going to be tough, I had a pretty hard kinda rubbish day yesterday and didn’t eat very much, not small enough to fast, but I’m already much hungrier then I normally am on a fast day :/ I will rally! Haha

Funny you should mention sleep, how is everyone finding sleeping? As I’m getting more and more into the diet mines getting worse, it started off just being rubbish on fast days but I now don’t seem to be able to get very much on non fast day too, I just can’t seem to get to sleep and then I keep waking up :/ anyone got any tips? πŸ™‚

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Morning Knedod2017, I’m very pleased but need to continue and get into the 10s 😬

I find having pukka camomile tea about 30mins before I go to bed really helps. I also avoid caffeine on my fast days!! Exercise helps promote sleep so try and up that if you can!!

Make sure your drinking at least 2 litres of water a day and more on your fast days, you could be restless because your dehydrated!!

Finally, make sure your sleeping patterns are the same. Having a regular sleeping pattern can help 😬😬

Hope your all doing ok, and going strong!

I’m struggling a bit at the moment, its a NFD and its not such much that I’m hungry or anything, but I just had a cupasoup, and now my tummy is really suffering for it. Its not great, I have other things with me for lunch and was so hungry before my soup, now I’m in agony and feel I have to run to the loo every two minutes (sorry tmi!)

I’m sipping my fruit tea and hope this passes. I know we had this conversation earlier up the thread, I’ve just never experienced it mid-day. I’m at work too arghh!

Knednod … I’m not sure what to say about the sleep thing. I agree that camomile is great for relaxing, so perhaps try that. I try not to eat too near bed-time too. If I do that, I’m waking every hour! Hope you get some much needed sleep soon.

Have a good afternoon everyone x

Hello all. Some great stories on this post, you all seem to be doing brilliantly so far!

I started trying to lose weight about 8 months ago. Did 5:2 for a month and lost 7lbs! Then life got crazy and I stopped for about 2 months, but I started again and have lost very gradually ever since. In total have lost 16lbs and 12.5 inches all over, and gained a lot of confidence (and got my old smaller clothes back). It’s slow going now, but still heading (very slowly) in the right direction πŸ™‚

I used to find sleeping difficult on fast days, but I think I’ve adjusted now. I find that eating nearly all the calories in the evening helps, and also being physically active during the day. Pukka do a herbal tea called Nighttime, which is delicious and does actually make me feel kinda sleepy…

I sleep ok fast days, just really feel the cold all the time!

Fast day completed yesterday, non fast day today but still watching the intake.

My problem is way way overeating weekends which then takes the week to get the gain off then I am back where I started :S

Half way through the week πŸ™‚ I can see weekend!!!

NFD for me, but I am keeping it really low. My stomach was really off yesterday and headache was a big problem. I seemed to go worse when I’d eaten something!

Skipped my workout this morning, feel a tad guilty?!

I know I shouldn’t weigh more than once a week, but couldn’t resist this morning … down another POUND!! Feels so great to see the numbers changing πŸ™‚

Have a good day, fasting or otherwise πŸ™‚

We’re strong together πŸ™‚ x

Morning! FD for me today – cold already but sipping black coffee.

Salad at lunch then chicken and veg for dinner.

Congrats on another pound gone Dragon Fly!

Have a good fast day Chubbypenguin. It’s cold this morning ❄️

0.8 lb down this week! Been a bit stuck recently, so I’m happy with that. Have decided I’m going to weigh/measure once a month now, and just focus on healthy food and exercise πŸ’ͺ

NFD for me – I have to cook dinner for 4 adults and 2 fussy children later :S Have a great day!

I really feel the cold on fast days too πŸ™ wrap up with extra layers chubbypenguin .. good luck!

Thanks eskimogirl! I love to see the weight going down πŸ™‚ Have a good day! I’m so lucky that my other half does all the cooking, he’s sooo good at it! I sort my own out on fast days, but otherwise I’m so looked after πŸ™‚

xx

Hey folks. Sounds like everyone is doing well. I’m on my second fast day – doing ok but I’m thinking about food constantly lol. Having a cup a soup and some salad for lunch and cauliflower cheese for tea. I really have to stop weighing myself so much – I do it every morning. It fluctuates so much!

Hey everyone!

Well done for the hard work, starting to pay off!

You really should only weigh yourself once a week, first thing in the morning after you have had a wee! Your weight can fluctuate between 5lbs a day and for woman it also depends on the time of month. If you weight everyday you may deflate yourself and give up!!

Yesterday was my 4th fast day and probably the hardest. I stuck it out and didn’t eat until 7pm πŸ™‚ I made some lush tortilla pizzas and they were under 500 cal 😬

Have a lush day guys, speak later x

Hope you made it through your fast day ok Sanya! Some are harder than others .. I’m fasting today, and praying it will be an easy one lol.

FoodFairy, I agree about the weighing once a week. I caved and weighed the other day .. luckily I’d gone down, but like you said, I could have been up, our weight is so weird how it fluctuates!

Fasting today for me, sipping fruit tea and taking it an hour at a time. I’ve been popping paracetamol like crazy since I’ve been on this plan, I really hope the headaches subside soon.

Did a good workout this morning .. feeling great, I love how it helps my mood more than anything. Its SO worth it just for that!

Good luck with the day everyone! Keep the support going, it really does help πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

xx

Good luck today Dragon Fly! Scrap the paracetamol and drink more water! You will be dehydrated and that’s why you keep getting headaches!

Well done for doing more exercise this morning!!

Good luck Dragonfly!

Another fast day completed for me – and weighed in to lose another pound which marks half a stone since New Year. Less than a stone to go – just got to keep focused.

Did reeeeaally struggle yesterday, cold, tired, just wanted food. But I didn’t cave, and building a few treats into my calorie counted NFD as a little treat.

Thankyou! You did GREAT yesterday, fast days are so rough sometimes. You have motivated me to complete mine today now, and WOW another 1lb down, that’s amazing πŸ˜€ We can do this. Enjoy your NFD, you deserve it xx

Thank you – stay strong πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 258 total)

You must be logged in to reply.