New starter. Day 1

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone

I am currently on day one of this plan. First fast day. Last ate 9pm last night.

As I go to the gym x 3 weekly, my plan was to not eat all day (feel fine so far and often am fine until I do eat then can’t stop!) then have 500 calorie meal at about 8pm so I have fuel for the gym workout tomorrow morning.

Is this an ok plan.

Feels odd (in a really good way) to call it a fast but still have 500 calories.

Hi,

What do you mean by having fuel? If you are overweight you have lots of it in the form of fat stores that will be utilised by your body, and that is what we want to happen. We have all been brainwashed into thinking that we’ll expire if we don’t eat every few hours or if we do anything physical without stocking up on calories. Supermarkets and food companies are laughing all the way to the bank!

I exercise at the gym three times a week, almost always the day after a FD and on nothing more than two mugs of tea. I’ve never had any problems apart from when I first started I almost fainted due to dehydration.
    The problem I have is that I’m ravenous afterwards and have to be really disciplined not to overeat.
    On FDs I usually eat one meal in the evening as like you, once I start eating I want to continue. It seems to be a common issue if you read any of the threads.

The only thing to do is go to the gym and see how you feel. I’m sure you’ll be OK.

Good luck.

Gosh didn’t realise a comment would be ‘jumped’ on so quickly from a new person. When I say fuel I mean enough to feel blood sugar is ok and not faint etc as no, I am not overweight (as per BMI) but am doing IF for health benefits.

As you said, I will see how it goes. I am used to eating in the evening at say 7pm and then going to the gym for 7am-8am and not eating until 10am so is just a bit of a further stretch.

I wasn’t jumping on your comment I was trying to be helpful. The vast majority of people who contribute to this website are here primarily because they are trying to lose weight and many of them myself included, are also interested in the health benefits. Your comment regarding being unable to stop eating once you start led me to believe that you are trying to lose weight.
    If you aren’t overweight your body should still have sufficent energy for your workout in the form of glycogen which is stored in your liver. Unless you are diabetic your blood glucose level will not drop significantly through only eating a light meal on a fast day. Having said that it can take a while for your body to get used to fasting so it might be tough at first.

New today any tips please. Starting my first fast tomorrow what do you recommend for 500 calories?

Hi Doddy and welcome:

Most people find that if they eat one high fat/protein meal in the evening they will not be as hungry and will sleep better.

Here is a thread that will answer most of your questions: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.