New here and after recommendations please

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New here and after recommendations please

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I’v been on a weight loss journey since the beginning of the year, I managed to lose 10kgs by portion controlling but have not lost much since. I’m getting married in 9 weeks and would really like to lose around 7kgs by then. I was following a lchf diet but have recently been diagnosed with ibs and have cut all dairy products at present, on advice from my doctor I’ve decided to try this 5:2 diet. Just wanting to know which days would be best for me to do fasting? I train 6 days a week with personal trainers here’s my schedule:
    Monday – Boxing Bootcamp 6.30 am
    Tuesday – weight training 1pm
    Wednesday – Boxing Bootcamp – 6.30 am
    Thursday – weights – 7am
    Friday – Weights – 5am
    Saturday – Boxing Bootcamp – 9am

All training sessions are 1 hour long and Bootcamp is mostly hiit.

Would I be better doing 4:3 to get results? And what days would be best? I’m doing my 1st fast day today and it’s not too bad, I think I’ve probably gone over by about 50cal though.

I change the day according to what suits me that week.
    I pretty much always do a Monday and then see how I feel from there. My personal preference is an afternoon workout too so I can eat after and not suffer low blood sugar.

I found 5:2 enough of a disruption. If you’re going to do 4:3 please skip one or two of those workouts, or read Fast exercise and incorporate a couple of those (much easier and more effective).. You won’t feel like doing it anyway, and you’ll get results from the fasting that the work outs wont.
    If you must work out everyday (only do it for fun.. ) or you maybe better off looking at the fast 5 or warrior diet. (Only eating in a 5 hour period or 8 hour period every day)

I’m not recommending this to you, obviously see a dr, but for me I do 4:10. I’m not in a workout routine as its a serious enough fast (with awesome results), just because i want to lose the weight mostly, toning up after will be the easy part.

Just take it easy is what I’m trying to say. If you fast properly the benefits are right there.
    Good luck!

Hi Casc and welcome:

IBS is generally helped by a low FODMAP diet. FODMAPS are generally contained in fruits, grains, dairy and some vegetables – not fat or proteins. Here is some information: http://fodmapliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Stanford-University-Low-FODMAP-Diet-Handout.pdf

Your exercise will help with your overall health, but is not helpful for weight loss. Basically, if you want to lose weight as fast as you seem to want to, you have to eat very little. The TDEE link in this thread will explain what you have to do to lose quickly — https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.