New here…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I have been eating Low Carb for about 18 months. Initially I lost 3 stone. For the past 5 months I have stablised. I now want to lose another 1/2 stone. However, I do not really want to continue with such a low carb regime. I already fast from 7pm to 1300 hours. I have decided to increase carbs slightly IE brown rice, wholemeal bread and wholewheat pasta, and undertake two days 500 calories.

Will this way of eating IE reasonably low carb and 5;2 be healthy. I am currently on 30 grms of carbs a day and used to using Macros

Any advice appreciated

Try eating quinoa instead of of brown rice.
    Both foods’ calories come primarily from their carbohydrate content, and a serving of brown rice or quinoa offers 22 or 20 grams of carbohydrates, respectively. However, quinoa offers more dietary fiber and protein than brown rice, so it should make for a more filling addition to your diet than brown rice.

Thanks I’ll try and source it here

Spanishmeg, are you actually following 5:2 Plan or are you doing daily calorie restriction instead? Just reducing/eliminating carbs [I assume you mean bread/grain-based carbs] can get old. Have you calculated your TDEE? When I began Fasting, I wanted to lose about 1 kg [and I especially wanted to keep my husband company as he Fasted to lose 45 pounds, which he did lose]. Then by Fasting I lost another kg and kept it off. This by Fasting and also the resultant reduction of appetite on Slow Days.
    How much are you trying to lose? Create a way of eating that will lose you the weight and ALSO be sustainable for the rest of your life. Protein is filling. Complex Carbs are filling. I find that I’m not very interested in pasta or rice these days, but I don’t avoid them all together.
    Good luck finding what works best for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.