New but ready

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi Evereyone,

A couple of weeks ago I said to my partner that I was feeling uncomfortable and wanted to loose a little weight.

I looked at weight watchers and Slimming world but kind of knew that that would not help.
    I then came across the fast diet. I bought the book and read it in no time, I was impressed by the benefits of it and here we go, today is my first fast day.

I believe it is going well so far. I have not had breakfast, Lunch or snacks since I want to last all day. Tonight I am having poached Salmon with lots and lots of Veg.

Wish me luck and thanks for all the great posts!!

Good luck to you, Krebsi. The Fast Diet has certainly worked for my husband and me.
    Your dinner sounds good: lots of quality protein and veggies.
    Remember to keep up your protein as you continue fasting so your muscles don’t atrophy.

Post your results, OK?

Thank you @fasting_me !

Today is my second day and I am feeling positive.
    Dinner will probably be the same as last time since it was delicious and i have lots of Veg left.

I will post my results for sure!

@fasting_me – modern diets are loaded with protein. The key to stopping muscle atrophy is exercise. It is almost impossible not to have enough protein in your diet if you avoid processed foods.

A typical person loses only around 25g of protein a day. That isn’t much to make up in a diet. On the other hand it isn’t clear that excessive protein is safe.

Since I’ve been fasting and not eating nearly as much meat, my protein consumption has gone down. Before that I was at a point where I was doing a lot of cardio and actually losing muscle mass.

Now with less protein, fasting and HIIT exercise I’m gaining muscle mass. Protein isn’t the key, correct exercise is very important though. If you don’t exercise though, you will lose muscle mass at some point no matter how much protein you eat. If you are young it just takes a while for muscles to atrophy, a benefit I no longer enjoy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.