New and loving it

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ohlala 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all, I started the diet 2 weeks ago, i am on my 3rd week.
    Great results already lost 2.9kilos and 3 inches of my middle I have over 10kilo to loose, and would like to do that by the 26th June, as spending the weekend with my Son and his skinny gorgeous wife, and I would like for him to say mum you have lost weight. I ahve a holiday in Italy in September and by then I would love to have lost 2 stone.
    Yesterday was a fast day and it was one of the hardest for me, i was tiered as well but I drank so much water and fruit tea, I dont have breakfast I have a 200k lunch at around 2ish and then have 300k dinner around 7.30, its around 5ish that I start wanting somehting.
    also dont know if anyone else gets this I get so cold, like freezing on fast days?
    I do 3 lots of 20min intensive exercise a week as well in my house, with weights, but I dont enjoy exercise at all.
    Been looking at every ones results and am so motivated from those, anyone want a buddy I am hear and waiting, good luck to us all

Hi Ohlala! I’m pretty new to this too – started a week ago and I’m liking it so far, 3lbs down. I thought it might be useful to get some support from a forum too. You must be very happy with your loss! I also have a summer incentive – a family wedding that I’d love to lose a stone for. Ideally I’d lose a stone beyond that, but I’ve never been that slim so I don’t know how it’ll be!

I’m fasting for two days a week and find it easier to eat my 500 calories at breakfast and lunch and then nothing until breakfast the next day. It’s unusual I know but works for me – I can’t stand being too hungry at work. I’m a copywriter so need my imagination to function! I get through by drinking a river of water and herbal tea and doing yoga and sometimes shopping in the evening (weird but it satisfies my appetite for consumption somehow!) and having a hot bath. How do you take your mind of the hunger? And do you have to cook for anyone else on your fast days?

Your exercise regime sounds good – I’m just staying with 2 hours of yoga a week at the moment as I just can’t stick to anything else!

Hi Rootforyou, Nice to hear from you, well i am on my forth week this week, Tuesday and Thursdays are the days.
    I had to kick myself this morning to do the exercise, as the little voice was starting to chirp, your ok dont have to do it, so I ignored the bugger, and got on and done it , its only 20 mins, thats over.
    How do i curb the hunger, well like you i drink a lot, I have found that a hot drink takes it away for a little while, and I found some fruit tea, are lovely, or lemon and mint, with hot water, i always have a large mug every morning anyway, I am not bothered about breaky, so push lunch as fat as a I can, and then my dinner is around 7.30-8am, its after that I get a problem, as i always like something sweet,so i have a yougert or apple part of my allocatioin straight after dinner, and go and have a bath and bed, will power so far is being good.
    I also work, and I do find it hard sometimes to concentrate when hungry, when I am not that busy, last week i was so busy and then realsied it was really late, but that doesn’t happen every fast day.
    Yoga is good but some cardio fascular would be better to get your heart rate up a little as that then burns it off.
    Keep the wedding in your mind and keep thinking wedding wedding how amazing am I going to look.
    What days are your fast day?

Forgot to say last week when I weighted I also had lost 3 inches form my middle.
    And dont you think that non fast days you start to calculate what you eat, I have cut down on the size of meals i cook and eat, I have allays over produced food, its to do with my childhood where i have a mother that has a problem with people being fat, so we were kept very lean, lets put it that way so was allways hungry, so I used to cook for about 4 of us and there is only 2 of us, that now is slowly stopping.
    i am also learning thats its ok to feel a bit hungry, you dont have to feel stuffed to know you have eaten, taken me 54 years but at least I have got it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.