My weight loss goals (January 2018 start date)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My weight loss goals (January 2018 start date)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Jimzamora 5 years ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

• (Admin, please delete if this is a duplicate post; my computer is giving me trouble!!)

Hi everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller! I’ve been lurking in these forums for a few months now and you’ve all been a world of help with your personal experiences, so I’m adding mine to the mix.

Backstory: I’m a 33 year old female. I’ve never been slim. Even at my fittest and even as a small child, I have always had a belly (thanks genetics). All the women on my dad’s side of the family are “blessed” with large boobs and torsos (I’ve had a breast reduction – I was over an H cup!) and I’m the same. I was an extremely active and sporty youth but you can’t beat genetics.

Through my 20s I have just gotten heavier and heavier, thanks to a sedentary desk job that I have to spend 3 hours a day commuting to and from. Not much time for exercise!

I have started 5:2 fasting this month (11 Jan) and here’s my progress so far:

Start weight: 84kg/185.19lb
    Week one: 82kg/180.78lb
    Week two: 81.3kg/179.23lb
    Current (2.5 weeks): 80.6kg/177.70lb

Total weight loss in 2.5 weeks: 3.4kg/7.49lb

I am SHOCKED. I’m sure a lot of it has been water weight, but seriously, shocked.

Also, for the first time in I don’t know how long – I’m learning to feel full. I went out for dinner last night and couldn’t finish my hot chips. Normally I can out-eat fully grown males because I never feel full.

My initial goal is to reach 73kg/160lb as this is the weight I was when I met my boyfriend (in 2012). My long term goal is to reach 68kg/150lb as this is the weight I was when I finished high school (2002).

My biggest aim is to see if I can reduce my lifelong, immovable belly fat.

Thank you all (and especially Michael!) for your posts and stories! I’ll keep you updated. 🙂

Week four update: 80kg/176.37lb

Total weight loss in four weeks: 4kg/8.8lb

I “stalled” for a bit there, going up and down, but I think it was water weight since I lost so much initially.

I can’t believe I’m almost back in the 70s. I never would have dreamed this would work for me!

Week 5: 78.9kg/175.93lb

Total loss: 5.1kg/11.24lb

I’M BACK UNDER 80KG!! This is honestly, completely shocking to me. It’s been at least 3 or 4 years since I’ve been in the 70s.

I’m so excited to fast each week now. Once I get past the “lunch time hunger”, I could go all day without eating. I’m sticking to fast-day dinners of about 300 calories (mostly homemade soup).

I’m also getting full so much quicker. I had breakfast this morning – 4 hours ago – and I can’t even fathom lunch yet.

Also, I should add my boyfriend has now joined in.

He has been doing it for half the time I have and has lost 4kg/8.8lb.

He’s a chronic sweet tooth (cake for breakfast, yuck) and it’s really exciting for me to see him actually getting into this.

Good job, Kixx! Isn’t it exciting to be at a lower weight! Hooray for the boyfriend buying in. So much easier for you and he is seeing results, too. Win-win.

Thanks, fasting_me 🙂

Meanwhile though, I have plateaued haaarrrrd. I’ve not lost any weight for 3 weeks and am still sitting at the 78.9kg/175.93lb mark.

I’ll solider on! I’m sure I need to be a bit more careful about what I’m eating on regular days.

Well done Kixx and BF I`m with your BF with cake for breakkfast though I can eat cake anytime , thats part of my problem x good luck with journey Geri x

Good work Kixx!

I’ve just joined this diet, and am already seeing weight come off.

In regards to you plateauing, I have no advice since I’m still new to it… but, my wife found a calculator online that checks your height, and weight and maybe a few other things, and it tells you how much daily calories you can have to either maintain, gain, or lose weight.

For example, mine says I can have 3000 calories and not gain anything, but rather maintain my weight. I’ve been conscious about keeping around 2000 calories in addition to the fasting days (where I keep to about 550). In the first week I lost 6 lbs, haven’t had my second weigh-in yet.

Again though I’m new to this – I’m not trying to come off as though I have any concrete advice to give…

Keep up the good work!

-cm

Wow that’s great

Thanks Gedgey, Terdferguson64 and Mariya203 🙂

I threw in another fasting day this past week (so I did a 4:3 instead of a 5:2) aaaaand… it worked!! My plateau has finally shifted!

Week 10(ish): 76.9kg/196.5lb

Total weight loss: 7.1kg/15.6lb

I’m so thrilled!

Excellent progress, Kixx! Nest time you plateau, look at what you eat on Slow Days. If you can eliminate 100-200 calories from each Slow Day, that can have good results. As Terdferg says, there is a BMI calculator under Resources where you can calculate your TDEE [how many calories to eat daily to lose weight and keep it off]. I am thrilled to hear that you are so happy with your losses.

Terdferg, the 3000 calories/Slow day sound as bit high. Did you put in the weight you are now or the weight you’d like to be? Glad you are working at the 2000 calorie limit — more sensible.

how goes it, Gedgey? Mairya? Have a good weekend, everyone.

I’m really new, starting my 2nd fast day tomorrow and I’ll be stoked if I get results like this! I’ve got a similar goal weight, but I’m starting much higher, at 90kgs 😬😬 Congrats you must be stoked!

Hi Kixx, how are you going with 5:2, still going strong?

Thanks fasting_Me and NoMoreFatAlli! 🙂 🙂

I haven’t checked in in a while because I plateaued hard, but to be fair I was not eating well on my regular days. I went on holidays and overindulged. Finally making a bit of progress again now!

Week 19(ish): 74.6kg/164.46lb
    Total weight loss: 9.4kg/20.72lb

Weight loss per week, average: 0.49kg/1.09lb

So mentally, I feel like I haven’t been making progress, because the scales jump around so much – but working these numbers out just now, I seem to be right on target, average-wise! 🙂 I really am thrilled at how easy this has been as a lifestyle. If I miss a day or have a bad week, that’s okay.

How are you going, Alli? Are you keeping up with it? 🙂 And you didn’t start that much higher than me! I was up around 87kg or more, but dropped a few kg before “officially” starting the diet; I just started cutting out food leading up to it. I think we might be starting from a pretty similar spot! I hope you’re doing well!

Kixx you have done extremely well with your weight loss. Our weight is really a range but you can look at other things like how your clothes fit or the actual measurements.

I’m a person that plateaus a lot, but then I also workout a lot. I’m more interested in building muscle while reducing fat rather than just weight loss. The fasting is great for that. Still my weight is the least trustworthy measurement. We just use it because it is so easy to take.

Thank you dykask 🙂 You’re very right – weight isn’t accurate when it comes to building muscle. I have been taking my measurements, and while they don’t really seem to have changed a lot, I have definitely noticed a couple of jackets that were on my “can’t-do-up-without-holding-my-breath” list are now on the “hey-this-fits-fairly-well” list, haha 😀

@harryridwick. “if you don’t eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode and your body holds onto as much fat” Really? Give me a break.

Yes @bigbooty

Your body enters starvation mode when the fat content is typically below 3-5% and preferentially starts to consume protein rather than fat reserves. You need a minimum level of fat to function correctly. I seriously doubt that most on this forum are in that position. Keep pedalling the stuff youre pedalling and directing people to your webpage and I’ll report you to the administrator. If you wish to genuinely contribute to this forum all well and good. Lets see which option you choose.

I always try to lose weight quickly, without hunger but I improve my metabolic health at the same time. So the most important part of my schedule is to cut back on sugars and starches. Then on each one of my meals I always include a protein source, a fat source and low-carb vegetables. I believe that constructing the meals in this way will automatically bring our carb intake into the recommended range of 20–50 grams per day. The best option of mine is to go to the gym 3–4 times a week to do some warm-up and lift some weights.

Checking in because things are still moving very, very slowly — but they are moving:

6 months(ish): 73.3kg / 161.6lb

Total weight loss: 10.7kg / 23.6lb

So I’m only 300grams (half a pound) away from my initial goal, which is very exciting! Next up is my long term goal of getting below 70kg, to 68… at this rate, it’s going to take another year, but progress is progress I guess. 🙂

Oops, I should have said – 7 months-ish!

Also, my boyfriend is now sitting on 90kg / 198lb, down from, I believe, over 100kg / 220lb. He has never confessed his start weight!

Good progress, Kixx + BF! keep up the good work. Next time you go on holiday, do some Fasting there too.

Wow, you are going strong!!!! I’m still going and losing about 300-450gms a week. My body has changed though, I’m under 86kgs after starting at 93, I started in April so I’m really happy with that. I also take anxiety meds which really knock me around so I though I would never get this weight off but I am! And I’m feeling better all the time. Thanks for updating, I look forward to keeping in touch.

Good news, NMFAlli!

Quick update – I have lost exactly zero weight since my last post in July, in fact I’ve put a kilo back on. Bum. I’ve been a bit depressed lately so of course I have turned to good old comfort fast-food! Trying to get back in the fasting-saddle now but it’s not easy!

NoMoreFatAlli, you’re doing amazing!! 🙂

The key to setting weight loss goals is to follow the standard of goal setting, which means it neest to be SMART. A smart goal is: Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and tangible. Go all the way back to the basics and start by figuring out if you really need to lose weight.

The decrease in weight (5 to 10 percent of your body’s total weight) and sometimes reduces risk. Losing weight can get more energy, less joint pain, and better sleeping help. So, keep losing and become energetic.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply.