My progress…exciting!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My progress…exciting!

This topic contains 1,342 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,349 total)

• Thanks Charmaine, I wish I could bottle it, then I could afford a personal chef!!

Morning gang (yes we’ve reached the gang point now lol)and happy anniversary to Ken and Liz. Fasting today and hopefully I won’t be the same in the morning like my last fast. Going to try and go as long as possible with just fluids today then have some salad later plus a HiiT workout this afternoon. Didn’t do much walking yesterday because my poor dog was at the vets getting some dental work and teeth extracted so he was still a little zonked out with the anaesthetic last night but will take him on a couple of short walks today.

Really worried I’m going to put on tomorrow because that’s been the pattern for me – lose a wee bit put a wee bit back on lose a little more. I’m going down overall but it’s so slow it’s painful and I’ve only got 5.5 weeks until I go away so getting quite impatient now. I downloaded the fast diet book onto Kindle the other day (have the rest of you read it) and it’s making interesting reading. The health benefits seem to be brilliant never mind people are losing weight on this, but for some people (small women with not much to lose like me unfortunately)it’s a slow weightloss and maybe that’s why some people give up. I’m just going to carry on with it though and hopefully get where I want to be eventually.

Melanie how did your fast go with mother in law feeder in presence? Hopefully you didn’t need to resort to the tape lol 😉

Well hope everyone has a good fast today if you’re doing one and the rest of you stay good. Will check in later.x

Hello and Good morning (gang) from a lovely sunny Rochdale 🙂 Thank you all for your kind wishes (the secret is that I do as I am told ) Ha Ha 🙂

Charmaine you are doing Fab Girl . get in there , and really well done 🙂

Karen your going to be just fine , yes I have got the book and I found it a good read with some good info , I use it as a reference book .

And to all of you that are fasting today may the calorie force be with you 🙂

lets have some names on here if you are fasting ok you are all good good people you CAN do this 🙂 🙂

Hello my fasting family…yes today is a fast day. So far I have had dosas (crepes made of rice flour) and eggs…290 calories…saving up the rest for dinner. I am enjoying this journey with you all. Lots of love.

Ken…my husband would agree with you lol…he beleives in the mantra that the key to a happy marriage is to let your wife have her way most times…:-D he is a good man…and not just because he lets me have my way ;-D

Happy Fasting or Feasting 🙂

Hi all Charmaine like you my husband is the best, but as the saying goes, happy wife, happy life he he he I like that one 🙂 it’s 6pm here now and fast day almost over. Have a couple of roasted veggie morsels left in my box that I measured for today. for today, but this approach seemed to work really well today, didn’t feel hungry this morning which is completely out of the ordinary for me, I usually turn into a frothy mouth rabid animal if I don’t eat first thing, perhaps some changes are happening already, who know trust in the science I reckon.

Karen MILaw had a visitor over when I got there so she was focused on them not me which was great, I was offered tea, bread and butter pudding, then some garlic salami, but politely declined and tucked into my soda I brought with me and wasn’t tempted any further, phew. Picnic was great munched a few of the veg and soda and wasn’t really that hungry so I’m happy with how the day went. Thanks for thinking of me 🙂

Looking forward to a big breakkie tomorrow morning at 10am (making it 36hours) then soending the day with the family, which I’m really looking forward to. Good luck if your fasting today everyone, you can do it!!

Hi and good morning all, I am fasting today, 2 small boiled eggs at 9.45 and I am having WW soup or omelette to night. I started a fast day yesterday but got it all wrong and then ate everything that I could get my hands on, that was the first time I have done that so, hope to have a better day today. Happy fasting . JIP

charmaine, I was following jeans pattern-sort of before and under 5:2 put on /stayed the same the las two weeks- so I am going for kens.
    a)porifge gives me acid tummy and fruit
    so i have it at the weekend end outside my 5:2
    this week I am doing three fast days today and tomorrow & monday-planning on only 200 cals till I go home for dinner.

since otherwise dinner cooked by mum was over compensating.i cant control that apart from the quatity of rice.

“Thank you Jean and Ken…that was very helpful. Because I am Indian my meals are very carb heavy…so I got a little worried. I will focus on staying under calories and not worry about the breakup of carbs protien…although from experience I have had huge benefits with low carb…but I love carbs…it is my staple. I am a huge rice eater too.

David and Ken I use an app called MyFitnessPal to track calories…it has millions of food items we eat daily…all measured out with calories and nutrients. If you dont want to get into another app…then i will post thr calories here for you..so I have got rice and home made soup that I need to check for you…will be back in a second…”

Never mind JIP, I’m sure we’ve all had days like that, back on the wagon is the main thing, well done and may the force be stronger for you today 🙂

David, can you get your mum to serve you on a small bread plate, or a tea saucer instead of a dinner plate, no piling it up now, fork down between mouth fulls, or better still maybe you could be served from a cup? might be a good way to get your portion control in check. You could take half the food off the plate your mum serves you and wrap it for later, before you even sit down for the meal. Just some tactics I’ve tried in the past, I found I had to educate others more than myself in terms of portion size… Good luck!

Hiya Gang , I hope you are all having a good fast day

JIP well done you for sticking with it 🙂

Melanie if you have not already gone to bed well done to you too for resisting all those temptations, Can I ask you about “soda” is that just soda water ? How does it work for you

Keep it up everyone your all doing fantastic , I of course will have my fast day tomorrow, 🙂 and in a strange way i am looking forward to it lol

yeah mel, i should be a good boy! no piling it up now and on a plate the same size as hers! i.e,small!

i have been taking left overs for my lunch the next day though! thks mel

No probs David, just remember, if it doesn’t look like enough, then it’s probably just perfect!

JIP, yeah it’s just soda water, I used to get sparkling mineral water, but I’m not fully across what’s in that so I switched to soda water, just carbonated water with some lime or lemon in it, diet cordial works well too, just a weeney bit though to give the water some taste. It has to be ice cold, then the bubbles feel bigger, couple big gulps and your stomach feels full for a bit, just mind the burps!

464 cals today, soooo looking forward to eggies in the morning, I’m also going to polish off that half eaten Lindt dark choc mini Easter egg that has been taunting me since yesterday, no where to hide choccie… Come morning and you’re mine … Mwaahaha ha ha… Deluded and off to sleep now, goodnight all, and good luck 🙂

Go for that chocolate egg Mel! I’m about half way through my fast and so resisted any solid food! Just had 3 cups of tea with skimmed milk and 1 black coffee and actually feel fine

Wrote a whole lot more but it disappeared!

345 cal even w homemade flap jack-38cal and activia yoghurt so far 145 over target

thks again mel i am set on it and will tell her

Yes Karen that has happened to me before now as well

Popped in at the end of my workday then off to the gym. Stormy weather makes for a fine indoor workout. Charmaine, you are making progress, well done. Please describe the dress. If you described it in detail already, then I’ll find your previous post.

Mel@nie and Karen, your posts made me laugh out loud. My mom-in-law worked as a cook at a daycare for decades. She’s thin as a rail, but she knows how to shovel food in other people’s mouths. What’s that about? I do wonder what the psychology behind needing to over-feed others is about.

Lancsken (Ken?) Enjoy your ‘I’m married to my best friend’ day. What a delight for you.

Hello to all and keep moving! Jean

Hi Jean, not sure what overfeeding is all about but its quite a common thing methinks

Arghhh my post got shortened again How frustrating.

Hi Karen, if I’m going to write a long one ( as I’ve been known to do!) I’ll write it in another program (notepad or something like that) then paste the text into the window on this forum. That way I don’t lose anything as it happened to me before too. If you’re doing that already, be careful not to use any special characters, or smileys, as this thread doesn’t cope with them and just chops it odd when it reaches a weird character, hope that helps 🙂

I kinda get the over feeding thing, it’s how someone tries yo make you feel comfortable and welcome in their home, my dear grandmother used to do it all the time, we used to joke that she used the time to clear out her cupboards. It is a bane for those of us who are more educated about the implications of mindless shovelling of food down ones gullet… (Else I wouldn’t be here!) it certainly is a find line to walk to refuse food which is the frustrating part, they can take offense, I’ve found pleading with them and a little education about my goals may or may not help… Doesn’t make it any easier though to say no when offered!

My dear family of fasters….good morning!!

Charmaine’s daily journal
    apr21:170lbs
    apr25: 166lbs
    i want to lose another 50lbs…seems so daunting and scary when I say that…but for my 5ft frame that is ideal…
    Good going methinks (as Ken says ;-)) what more can I say? I can do this way of eating for life 😛 i am bound to see a slow down…i always do…but i’ll take any loss i get. I am trying to fit in workouts..did a bit of dancing around with my two year old to her fav numbers….thats the only exercise I could fit in 😀

Jean the dress is a gorgeous deep blue with dull gold work…it’s gorgeous…and the only thing that looks odd is my stomach…which has a generous layer of cushioning after my lil one 🙂

mel, ken, jean, karen…overfeeding and stuffing someone is a sign of affection here in India…:-)

Hi Melanie, I’m hoping this post will not end up in the ethers! Maybe it’s because I was using my tablet but before yesterday it was fine ;/

Charmaine – dress sounds amazing, you’ll get there just keep plugging away.

Well weigh in for me this morning and I’ve stayed the same, which was really no surprise but at least I didn’t put on 🙂 Mine weight loss has obviously slowed down to almost a standstill lol but I’m wondering if I’m being too naughty on my non-fast days. I think my TDEE is so low (just over 1600) that maybe I’m blowing it some days. Not going to worry about that today though because it’s my birthday, I’m going out for a meal tonight and hubbie already bought me chocolate. Just get back on the wagon tomorrow and hope next weeks weigh in is better.

I think overfeeding comes with being nurturing, all us mother’s are probably guilty of it if like me you had fussy toddlers, and just want them to eat something. I think we use food as a way of rewarding ourselves and the old thing of finishing up everything on your plate was common too when I was a child in the 60’s. So maybe that’s why so many of us are overweight.

Well better go and take Harvey out, have a good day today and Ken, may the calorie force be with you today 😉

Karen are you still on the site ?

good morning everyone , its Fast day for me and i feel good about it just having my first cup of fennel tea ,

Charmaine , I know i am a bloke but that dress sounds georgous and i bet you look fabulous in it 🙂 way to go girl x

Karen , first of all Happy Birthday 🙂 x and yes i know what you mean about clearing your plate it was a 60’s thing , i grew up with it to. As for your wieght staying the same , that is good too ok just keep it up cos you have some great support on here as we all do

NickyF Happy Birthday to you too 🙂 x

gosh im being generous with my kisses this morning hee hee i hope you dont mind , its just affection

Mel , Dreamgirl , David , Jean . i am thinking of you all too , and anyone i may have missed off (sorry)
    ok i will go for now and pop on later to see what you all did

my fast dat to and then weigh in when I wake tomoz.
    didnt manage to have a small plate last night but did stay away from second helpings and only 1 unit of alchohol

trying hard to drink loads of water instead of binge

Yes Ken I’m still here lol! My posts kept getting lost in the ethers yesterday and think it was because I was using my tablet so the one above was from my PC. I’m ok with staying the same weight, I know I’m getting close to what I want to be so it’s bound to slow down now. Hubbie lost another lb so that’s 11 lb in 6 weeks, he’s looking very trim!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Ken and happy birthday to NickyF too. It’s just a pity the weather here in Darlo isn’t as nice as yesterday. It was beautiful and I even sat out in the garden for a while in the afternoon but this morning is grey and quite cool. Oh well I can’t complain, I’ve been really lucky with the weather this week whilst I’ve been off work.

I forgot to ask (if I may) what do you guys do for a living? Just wondered. I’m a Receptionist in a hospital and work in the Xray Department which is a really busy place to work sometimes but I enjoy it. I’m quite a ‘people person’ and love talking with the patients and it’s really interesting job sometimes.

Anyway will check in later x

Hiya David & Karen
    I have decided to wiegh in tomorrow morning as well David, So lets hope the Calories force is with us both today 🙂

Karen , you must be so proud of your hubby , tell him well done from me 🙂
    I like to think of myself as a people person too, I am retired now (I know i am only 61 ) but i suffer from PTSD (post traumatic Stress Disorder) from time on active service in the army.
    I served 15 years in the army ending as a sergeant , then i did 20 years as a prison officer at HMP Manchester (Strangeways) and yes I did the whole 25 days of the Strangeways riot of 1990.

I Love my Football and I am dedicated to Rochdale AFC who are having a fantastic season .
    There that will do for now
    PS is anyone on facbook or twitter ?

THKS KAREN,
    when i was at weight watchers coz of my bmi i was told my goal weight was 12 1/2 stone, you are lucky if you are nearly there! at your ideal weight,

now i have to travel quite alot to work, its more of a challenge getting my metabolic rate up with training/swimming. which always helps- but not if you then feel hungry after and overcompensate.

maybe your husband had more to loose than you.-my target is to focus on my “rubber tyre” but my mum says my tummy is trimmer now anyway.-just what i want from the training.

I do peoples tax and I am a qualified accountant.dont suppose you could put someone up a cuople of nights a week in Darlo? for a bit of pocket money?

Hiya Ken, yes hubbie has done well considering he’s never counted a calorie in his life up until now!He’s a Police Officer now but was in the RAF as an aircraft engineer for 12 years and really enjoyed it so knows a bit about being in the forces (was also in Gulf War 1). Weirdly I know someone who also worked at Strangeways until the riot in 1990 (he’s now at Durham Prison) – Dave Parry, wonder if you knew him?

I’m on facebook but don’t twitter do you want to send a friend request?

David, sorry I don’t know anyone who could put someone up in Darlo. An accountant? Wow!

Well better go.

yes please Karen send me a friend request to KennethLivesey or send me your name 🙂 It will be real nice to see you and your hubby,

David an accountant wow very good 🙂

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Karen and NickyF….have an awesome birthday :-))

It is lovely to get to know all of you better…I work in an accounting firm but I am into Program Management…I am a people’s person too…I love making friends…I love chatting up 🙂

I usually am very bad on weekends…I work had during the week and then pamper myself and put back weight on. So this weekend…I am going to go low on carbs and pile on protein and see how I do 🙂

You know…I got to as low as 158lbs a month back..anf suddenely shot up to 170 and now struggling to shake it off. Imagine I was 158!!! I have learned my lesson and would anything to go back there soon…

I am beginning to grow very fond of you all…you are all really lovely! Big HUGs!!

Charmaine you are truly one of lifes best , you help to keep us all motivated 🙂
    yes i too love chatting and i also feel i am growing quite fond of you all its like having one big happy extended family. 🙂

are you on facebook charmaine ?

ok back to the serious bit lol I want to wait until after 2pm before i have my soup and cracker , i have still only had liquids since my breakfast

see you all soon
    Ken 🙂

Thank you Charmaine, so far I’m having a chilling birthday, not doing a great deal and going out for a nice meal tonight.

So you work for an Accounting firm too (David said he was an accountant earlier). You’re lucky getting to travel the world with your job.

I know what you mean about being very bad at weekends – sometimes I just go a bit mad with the treats and end up getting annoyed with myself on a Monday morning when the weight’s crept back up 🙁 Going to try to be good this weekend though, a bit of exercise and eat not so much chocolate and hopefully the scales will be kind.

250 cal so far try and stay off activia tday

Ken…found you on FB 🙂 you look exactly like I imagined…kind and fun 🙂

Karen…best way to spend a b’day…chilling and a eating out with family!

David…well done…keep it up!!

the proof charmaine
    will be on he scales tomoz….but we all have to remember 5:2 is a LONG TERM weight loss programme and 1-2lbs a week is usual-thats what it said in one of simonecluvs posts

Do you do Facebook Charmaine? If so would you like to send a friend request?

Charmaine would you send me a friend request to please, 🙂

glad your having a nice chilled out day Karen and I hope you enjoy your meal tonight with hubby 🙂

David good on you pal 🙂

I am at 350 cals so far and i am keeping the rest for my tea tonight and a few carrot sticks Mmmmmm yummy lol

Ken! You missed my previous msg…i did find you and sent a request 🙂 karen…yes…i would love to connect on fb…what is your full name so i can find you? 🙂

Hi Charmaine I sent you a request a little while ago – Karen Creegan

Charmaine I have got you on FB now gtreeeeeaat . lol
    Melanie are you on facebook too
    David what about you ??
    dreamgirl what about you to ?
    everybody are you on facebook , send me a friend request to KennethLivesey from Rochdale and i will put you in touch with the rest of the gang

well I have eaten 565 cals today and i weigh in tomorrow morrow morning , obviously i am a bit apprehensive about it, but, i am looking forward to it too (if that makes sense) lol 🙂

looking forward to meeting and chatting to you all on facebook
    I will of course still be on this thread because i think you are all fantastic 🙂

Eeeeew ouch, stepped on the scales yesterday morning, probably shouldn’t have obviously shouldn’t have net calorie intake was 2576 that’s 478 over my allowable on non fast days… The mind is a fickle thing 🙁 the catalyst was obviously the weigh in 72.8kg, 26.6% fat, 34.7% muscle, 22.5 BMI, 53.6% water, that’s all increases since starting of weight by .4 kilo, fat by .2% and a decrease in BMI of .2 ???? What the…? strange results, I’m trying not to analyse as it’s only been a week, and will reserve judgement until another week has passed, if the trend is still upwards I think I will lower my non fast calories. I had a feeling from my past weight loss experience 2063 on non fast days was too high… 🙁

I have a profile on Facebook but I haven’t updated don’t thing for a few years… I don’t even know what my password was… I’ll have a go see if I can get you all, might have to post some newer photos, think I was still quite large in those, I should post some before a and afters, that would be funny!

Ho hum, feel a bit down about the weigh in results, I’ve been really good and feel slapped in the face… 🙁

Hi mel…I hear you! I stepped on the scale and saw a 500gm increase this morning…but I am writing if off as water retention after a big dinner last night. It is disappointing but give this another week or two….weigh in after fast days as I always show a water increase after non fast days. Also.. eating under TDEE is a good idea on non fast days.

I am going to try all high protien meals to get a head start now. The dress is calling out to me 🙂

Ken, Karen…lovely to connect on FB. Lovely to associate a face with the name 🙂

ciao all…do well…be good…remember weekends are tough but you will feel great on monday when you have not put on any lbs!

hi mel he was me thinking you weighed in at 72lb! it must be that royal touch from prince george,
    I want to stop dwelling as well; i remember u said you did this lots of times b4!
    I am trying to stick to basics but I am either no change or a lb more its those 1lbs i cant read on the scales-do u lean forward or bakcward when standing on the scales?
    if i lean backward I am 2-3 lb less than leaning forward-but I am definitely at the bottom of 14, unlike b4, and if i lean back I am at the top of 13 stone

Eeeeew ouch, stepped on the scales yesterday morning, probably shouldn’t have obviously shouldn’t have net calorie intake was 2576 that’s 478 over my allowable on non fast days… The mind is a fickle thing 🙁 the catalyst was obviously the weigh in 72.8kg, 26.6% fat, 34.7% muscle, 22.5 BMI, 53.6% water, that’s all increases since starting of weight by .4 kilo, fat by .2% and a decrease in BMI of .2 ???? What the…? strange results, I’m trying not to analyse as it’s only been a week, and will reserve judgement until another week has passed, if the trend is still upwards I think I will lower my non fast calories. I had a feeling from my past weight loss experience 2063 on non fast days was too high… 🙁

I have a profile on Facebook but I haven’t updated don’t thing for a few years… I don’t even know what my password was… I’ll have a go see if I can get you all, might have to post some newer photos, think I was still quite large in those, I should post some before a and afters, that would be funny!

Ho hum, feel a bit down about the weigh in results, I’ve been really good and feel slapped in the face… :(”

ho hum,
    may be I should feel the same, when you try hard it can get harder….but I like 5:2 since at other times you can enjoy food, i have been trying to head for 220 calories in the day(at work) b4 my eve meal, gone onto water as well – since its hard to fit in my training/swimming-but it sometime ends up being over 220 at 350 0r440-that means avoiding bkfast as it make me hungry later

cheer up mel, rememder dont analyse just relax and stay OFF the cals where u can

next week i will be cooking f myself so maybe i will be able to be under my tdee on nonfast days-since i will have portion control

Well Charmaine and Mel I stepped on the scales this morning after my meal out last night (with pudding and wine) and half a lb heavier which is actually better than I thought it would be because I’m still full! I agree with Charmaine though, weigh after your second fast day like we do because you’ll get a boost when the weight goes down. You may have to tweak your TDEE to find out what works for you, it’s just a guide. In my case mine’s pretty low anyway so I haven’t got room to go over too many times in the week. I know what you mean about getting down though, it’s hard not to when the numbers are going the wrong way. Chin up, re-group and you’ll be fine!

Charmaine, it is nice to see a face behind the name on facebook, it’s a useful little thing sometimes!

Well I’ll go for now, will check in later to see how you’re all doing. x

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,349 total)

You must be logged in to reply.