My apologies, to my friends here, kicking myself, and coming back to the fold.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My apologies, to my friends here, kicking myself, and coming back to the fold.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jayne.Lizzy 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Sometimes it takes us a while to realize we have made a bad choice, and although I am upset with myself for having left this group for several months, I am at least glad that I didn’t spend too much time or money on the other plan I was getting involved with.

I have been stuck on the plateau for about 5-6 months now, for many reasons, but mostly because I just stopped trying. I was in a “normal” range weight for the first time in my life, and so I guess that was acceptable, but never where I intended to stop. It was never my goal to stop there. I don’t to be just ok.

So I recently started up again, then stopped..and started and stopped, all in a few days, floundering like s fish out of water, not able to settle on a direction. It seemed like no matter what I tried, I put weight on, and if I tried nothing, I would lose a bit, then I’d try that more, then I’d gain! I was in a very bad place. So I decided that I needed some formal guidance, some place with formal recipe plans, weekly plans with specific lists and percentages and calories, etc. And I wanted to stay low carb because I definitely know my body well enough to know that they definitely make me fat (just haven’t figured out the rest of it!)

So I visited a web site I had seen before I found 5:2 that follows a pure ketogenic diet, and has an immense library of excellent recipes and a couple of 30 day diet plans to choose from. So I joined up, and bought the one plan for $35 (you do get a lot of info). The couple of days before I decided on that site, I had gone back to low carb, with absolutely no cheating (which I was doing a lot of)and had dropped 2.5 lbs already. So, after my first week, faithfully following my $35 plan, cooking meals, eating bacon and eggs, cheeses and meats and butter and olive oil…..have you guessed it? Yep, I gained a pound back! I think it is the dairy and too much fat. But, you know what really got me?
    The forums there. I introduced myself and read some of their stuff, and was amazed at how many people wrote in saying how they were gaining weight! Well, no kidding! I mean, I believe in the science of low carb, but I don’t know about the high fat part of it. I think they way overdo it. But, that wasn’t my point. My point was, a lot of those people are so hard core keto freaks that if you even hint about fasting, they jump all over you! I even had a lady tell me how dangerous fasting is, and when I answered her, explaining about fasting, THEY REMOVED MY POST! Maybe she was offended when I told her I had hoped she would be more open minded than that!

So, anyway, sorry to be so long winded. In the end, today, I thought to myself, look back to last year when you were 35 lbs heavier, and see what you were doing then, see what was working. Go back to the basics. So I did. And I was here, doing 5:2, and then 4:3. And I was among people who, for the most part, are an ocean away, but whom I feel closer to than a lot of people who are geographically not near as far away. And even if I don’t lose another pound (although I think I will now), I would much rather be here amonst you fine people than anywhere else in the world.

Welcome back, fitnfast!
    Sometimes we just need a break, hey?
    I question this whole BS we get about developing a new habit. I lost 24kgs on WW a few years ago..took me about 2 years. Now you would think after 2 years of calorie restriction and regular exercise that this new practice of smaller portions and healthier food choices would have truly embedded itself into my psyche as a new habit?
    Apparently not, as i regained about 15kgs.
    You tried something else…it wasn’t for you…that’s OK.
    Never give up!

Take care
    K

Hi,
    I am also diving into 5:2 again, starting Sunday, after about a year of floundering.
    I, too, gained weight on a low carb diet (10 lbs) under near-professional devising. And what bad form of them to remove your post… I so dread aversion to critical thinking and alternative takes on things – and it is so often found on those types of forums, in my opinion… It starves invention and, as it turns out, success in our cases!
    I have since gone vegan (for ethical reasons), and even though I’m eating so much healthier, and though I feel better, I cannot shift the weight no matter what I do. Just like you, fitnfast, I regrouped and realised that the only ‘diet’ that’s ever worked for me is 5:2. So, welcome back to you – and hopefully we’ll both be permanently successful.
    A x

You didn’t leave you just tried something else. It wasn’t working so you’re back with what you know will. Good on ya.

I’ve been on just over a year and for me I have to watch for complacency, I have to pay attention and be mindful of my life, my body, my health, and my fuel. If I let it slip away by not being mindful I do know it fairly quickly.

Welcome back and have at it.

Thanks for the welcome back! Waking up this morning, I could tell that something felt so right! And it was…I was back at the Fast Diet lifestyle, had already done a fast day from dinner the previous night til breakfast today, and the scale showed 2lbs lower. I feel great!

I may start a recipe “blog” so you all can benefit from the $35 I spent on that other site buying the recipe books. They are really good, for the most part. Some of them are a bit too high fat for me but can be modified. I am particularly interested in the muffins and desserts made with almond or coconut flour. Will post soon!

Hello and welcome back, I stopped fasting the beginning of November and by the new year had gained 7lb of the 28lb I lost initially……I only have myself to blame
    I’ll look forward to some of the recipes

Anyway how rude of them to delete your post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.