My 16 week countdown

This topic contains 467 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 473 total)

• Hi Milena – welcome to the forum and the 5:2 – let us know a bit more about yourself and how you are getting on.

I’ve lost another half a pound this week making it 3lb since the New Year. I’ve still 2lb to go before I get back to where I was before Christmas. The weight loss is painfully slow at the moment and, I have to admit, sometimes I feel like giving up but then I tell myself to keep at it. The way I look at it is that if I hadn’t done it this week I could have put weight on so half a pound off is better than nothing.

Hi Cath, hope everything is going well for you.

Linda

Hi Linda and all

a bit about myself? Nothing special about me – just every year there seems to be more of me! Facing 60 in less than two years and still 28 in my head – keep spotting an old woman when I pass mirrors though – dunno who she is but she looks rather like a few of my aunts! 201 lbs for this very first time in January, 91 kilos – 14st 5 I think – no way to make it sound good.

My weight is my blemish on a great life – moderately healthy – though I’m beginning to think the water on my Knees and ankles might be something more, work from home – ebayer seller – great hubby,great family. Heck, I even love my hair!

I know my ideal weight should be between 8 and 10 stones (60-70kg) – I’m under 5′ 3″ and was one of life’s skinnies (8 stone on a bad day) until I was about 33. Enough to give up before I start eh?

Being the heaviest I’ve ever been didn’t do it – my hubby was messing with a new tablet and took a photo of me dashing out of the bedroom to the loo – naked! That did it!!!! I’m blushing thinking of it, but have kept it – though I feel sick when I look at it.

So – I’m here! 4-6 stones to lose – not even going there!

I’ve targeted myself to be under 13 stone by the end of April. First couple of weeks, nothing, so far 1/2 a stone down, better yet, a total of 5″ away from various body parts. Taken a few weeks, but I am trying 5:2, one fast day total fast and one day 438 cals – its a journey and I’ve taken the first step, still a pretty scary journey though! We all seem to have different starting points and different goals – but we are all on the same journey, seems a good idea to journey together.

All my friends are thin, one friend came round after a spin class last night, 5’10”, 11 stone and early thirties – she is dieting and came round especially to compare notes, bless her! She is lovely, but is looking to lose 5lbs, I think we may be out of sync very soon.

Sorry its a long read, but now you all know more about me than anyone else in the world! Do you think for a moment I would admit my weight to my nearest and dearest?

Hi everyone.

Feeling slightly discouraged as lost 0.5lb last week and stayed the same this week. Now 11st 0.5lb.

And this despite 3 fast days and restarting my gym regime.

Oh well as Linda says half a pound (albeit last week) is better than nothing and better than gaining. I just want to see some real progress on that last stone. I need to be stricter I think and make sure too many snacks aren’t creeping in to my non-fast days (which, if I am honest, they are!).

Work’s a bit calmer although I had a bad week as I had to sack someone today – the only person I have ever recruited myself! So I obviously am not good at choosing staff! He caused me so much stress as he wouldn’t listen to anything I said or do his job properly and was really unreliable so he had to go. Problem is as he’s done nothing, the last part of my project is going to be really delayed and I have to tell the customer next week 🙁

Off out tonight to drink some beers with my lovely husband who always listens sympathetically to my tales of woe. Then back on it tomorrow with gym and careful eating!

Milena – hope all is going well for you. I know at the beginning it seems like a mountain to climb, but you’ll see results bit by bit and you will be so glad you started. When you have a bad day or week just restart. It is dead flexible, you’ll get really used to it so that it is second nature, and you’ll feel great when you get to your targets and see the difference. I am almost 18 months into this (apart from holidays and Xmases) and find it really straightforward. Best of all it works and lots of lovely people on this forum will give you advice and cheer you along.

Linda – hope you are continuing to shrink my dear!

Cath xx

Hi Cath, thanks, it’s going to be a long haul, but hearing you sounding so upbeat means it is likely to be an enjoyable one.

To quote Viggo Mortensen ‘To travel hopefully is better than to arrive, and the true success is in the labour’

Ok, he was Quoting Robert Louis Stephenson, but any thought of Aragorn spurs me on!!

Hi, a bit of a random drop in.
    I just finished my 40th dieting day and was reading through some things on here.

It is really encouraging for me to see so many positive people, I love reading all the supportive comments!

My name is Zoe.

Hi Cath,
    Just remember how far you have come.I know it is frustrating when the scales don’t move, but a loss is a loss, so well done.I have been ‘stuck’ for 3 weeks, but the inches have shimmied off the thighs and calves. Sadly it would have been more useful if it had gone from the hips! Never mind. Onwards and downwards we go…..

Hi Cath, I read your journey from start to finish yesterday, thank you for sharing. You did so well losing so much before your hip surgery, I was with you every step of the way in your recovery also. And I have been willing you to get under, and stay under 11 stone. You can do it!!

I am also an apple shape, hence the name. To be honest I am more of an upside down triangle, very top heavy, with no waist. I am from Manchester too, but the north side. I was brought up in Gorton, then lived in Audenshaw till we moved out here to the gorgeous Costa Blanca 2 and a half years ago. I am quite a newbie, I started on 5th January this year. I have lost 10 lbs and am close to getting below 10 stone which is my first goal. I am only 5ft 2in and my ideal weight is saying 8st 2lb!!! 8st 2lb??? I don’t think I have been that since I was 12 haha! I will be happy (ecstatic!) to get to 9 stone.

Oh, and I have just downloaded Birdsong to read, I can’t remember who recommended it on here.

Thank you all for inspiring me with your stories and good luck, we can do this!

Thanks Annette – for your wonderful support as always. I sa on your other thread that you’ve not been well, so you need to be good to yourself – but how lovely seeing those inches melt away.

Milena, Zoe and Applepie, really good to have you all on here.

Applepie – I am very jealous of you living out in Spain – whereabouts are you on the Costa Blanca? Well done on the 10lb loss – it soon mounts up and really makes you feel positive. Annette’s tip is also to measure yourself as often losses seem to show in inches rather than on the scales.

Hope everyone has a good week and share your results!

Cath x

Hi Cath,I did measure myself at the start and already I have lost lots of inches, after just one month. I only measure on the first Monday in every month. No weigh in this week, our scales broke, well they have had a lot of use lately. We will have to buy new scales ready for next Monday.

We live just south of Torrevieja, about half way between Alicante and Murcia airports. Walking distance to the beach, all my dreams come true! Now I just need the beach body to go with it haha.

How is everyone else doing?

Hello Everyone and welcome Zoe and Applepie.

Cath, sorry you have been so stressed, I hope your customer was understanding.

I’m happy to say I’ve lost another one pound this week (I wrote it as 1lb and it looked like 11 lb so I changed it – I wish!). I am almost at the weight I was before Christmas now – if I hadn’t had 4 chocolate biscuits and a 4 four finger kitkat the other day I could have done it – it’s still so easy to slip back to old habits.

Cath, I managed to wear the size 12 jeans last weekend without too much discomfort! I’ve also bought 2 dresses for my impending 60th birthday in March. The first one is a size 16 because I couldn’t fit my ample bust into a size 14 – it never seems to go from where you want it too does it Annette? I have now bought a different one because I think the first one is too big on the hips. This is a size 14 but stretchy! I am waiting to show my sister to see what she thinks before I decide whether to keep them both! A dress isn’t something I normally wear but changes in my body shape and slimmer legs (not to mention the need to buy smaller clothes) have inspired me to try them.

Well done on your weight loss Applepie. I know what you mean about your ideal weight loss as mine is something like 8st 9lb and I’ve never been that since I was about 15. I’d be happy with 10st (or maybe 9st 13lb) but my next goal is 10st 7lb.

Good luck this week everyone – hope it goes well for all of you. Linda x

No, it never goes from where you want it to. I still have an ample bust too.You might just need to try a different shape of dress that will fit better. My motto is to try on as many as you are allowed into the changing room, with an honest friend.Great fun to try wearing dresses. I wear them a lot in the summer. My next goal is also 10st 7lb.

After my day out yesterday, I have fasted from 2pm yesterday until around 6.30 today. I am hoping for a shrinking waist.

Hi All, well the first dress went back, my sister agreed with me that it was too big on the hips and said it would only get bigger if I lost more weight.You’re right Annette, the other dress is a totally different shape and fabric and fits much better and, I am happy to say, is a size smaller than the other one!!

I’ve only lost a few ounces this week (a touch under half a pound – can’t work it out more accurately!) but it takes me just under my lowest weight since Dec last year which means it’s the lightest I have been in I don’t know how many years.

It’s still a painfully slow loss but I’m getting there and that’s what I need to focus on.

Hope everyone else is doing better. Linda x

Fabulous news Linds on both the dress and your decreasing weight.The real question is though ‘have you lost any inches?’. Although it is lovely to watch the scales move down,it is only one measure of success. I remain convinced that it is just as valuable to see clothes becoming looser and that pesky around the belly button size shrinking.

Hi Everyone,

Finally back having a more normal week at home! However, I really haven’t managed the travelling to Belgium very well at all and have gained a few pounds (aargh!). I think it was just a combination of not really being able to fast (apart from 1 day last Monday), not going to the gym and no real choice of food at customer visits/dinners. Excuses excuses…I did have very nice food and drinks though 🙂

So I am back on it today – but finding it really tough, which is unusual for me on a Monday, I normally sail through it (though I find it harder later in the week for the 2nd and sometimes 3rd fast day).

On the work front, everything is going well – my new recruit is steaming ahead and the customer is happy so I can relax a bit.

This week I just need to be very strict with myself on all days and get myself to the gym to get those gained lbs off asap!!

How are you getting on Applepie? Did you get new scales in the end? Very jealous of you being in Spain – I really love it – and have had many holidays near Alicante.

Linda – you sound like you are making great progress. Fantastic about the size 12 jeans and being at your lightest weight for years! – wow that is amazing – so really well done.

Annette – sounds like you, Linda and me are all aiming for 10stone 7lb as the next milestone. I love wearing dresses too (now that I can wear nice ones) – although weirdly I still instinctively pick up at least a size 16 when shopping, and they are (almost) always too big.

Will check in on Friday when I get weighed – even if I could get back to where I was a couple of weeks ago I’d be delighted!

Milena/Zoe/everyone else – how are you getting on?

Cath xx

Hi Cath, Sorry to hear you have gained little but I am sure it won’t be with you for long.

I lost 3lbs this week!! I have lost 2lbs a week for the last 4 weeks so 3lbs is lovely. I keep thinking I will hit the dreaded plateau, but it hasn’t happened yet. I have lost one stone and one pound altogether and I am under 10 stone for the first time in 20 years. I need to lose at least another stone yet as I am only 5’2″. I am fasting today, I have made a lovely veg soup for our tea tonight, but it’s not really soup weather. It’s roasting today!! Yes Spain is beautiful. We love our life here.

Onwards and downwards!

Hi Cath and everyone else!

Thsnks gor asking Cath, Im doing quite well, down to 84kg from my start at the beginning of January, and as I didnt even start losing until the 22nd of last month, thats 7kg in 5 weeks.

Im off to Copenhagen next week for a few days, mini target of 82 by then, decided to do 3 fast days this week and 2 next week, before I go. Realised last night at 8 that I hadnt eaten all day, so decided it was a fast day after all and had a stirfry. Second fast day today, tried M&S carrot and corriander soup, awful. So just chucked it out and had veggie soup. Pork and salad sarnie for dinner and didnt finish it, though OH hasnt stopped complaining about me throwing good food away, it can be difficult living with a scotsman!!!

Decided never to eat rubbish food or drink cheap wine ever again!!!

Hope you had a wee belguim chocolate at least, would be like coming to Scotland and not eating haggis………..well, maybe not!!

Well done Applepie, under ten stone, that seems too low to be concieveable from my weight, but as Im less than an inch taller than you, nine stone something might be my Christmas wish!

Travel hopefully…….

Hi All,

Just under a pound lost last week so all going well.

Annette I have been measuring myself but have only lost a couple of inches from around my waist which is strange as I am in size 12 trousers from 16/18 – perhaps the tape measure was tighter or I’m not measuring in the quite the right place. I’ve never done the round the belly buttom measurement but it’s 39″ at the moment which is the same as my hips where I have also lost a couple of inches from. I’ve also lost a couple from under my bust which means that my bust measurement will be slightly smaller after all. I’m still fitting into the same bras but need to fasten them tighter.

Cath, good news with the recruiting, perhaps you can relax a bit now. I’m sure you will be back on track soon.

Well done Milena and Applepie – keep up the good work!! Linda x

Hi All,
    I have reached 10st 7lb! So that is new ear rings to celebrate. I also had a grand skirt try on and can now wear 6 summer skirts that i was too fat to wear last summer-result!

Linds-have a look on the internet at what a pound of fat looks like, it takes up much more room than a pound of muscle which is far more dense. A couple of inches shrinkage is a huge loss, which is clear from dropping from a size 16/18 to a size 12. Fantastic news on the overall shrinkage-you must be thrilled. I too need to fasten my bras more tightly.

Wow , everyone is doing so well!

Annette – omg – 10stone 7lb, that is absolutely brilliant! I am so happy for you and how fantastic to really see the difference in clothes that now fit you. You must be delighted – well done you!

Linda – you sound like you are really sticking to it and seeing the results – slow and steady but a real downward trend. I hope this week sees a continuation of that trend.

Applepie – being under 10 stone for the first time in 20 years is a great achievement. Even if you feel you still need to lose another stone, you now know how achievable that is. Just gotta keep going!

Milena – sounds like you are doing rally well. I hope you had a great time in Copenhagen and that it didn’t stop you moving in the right direction.

I am hovering around the same weight(though lower than when I gained after Belgium!) I am going to wait to post actual progress until Friday morning. I am not sure I will dip under 11 stone this week but I am trying hard – 2nd fast day today and a 3rd scheduled tomorrow 🙁 Your successes have really motivated me!! I need to stop ‘treading water’ and aim for some real loses to get me to my goal.

Cath xx

Cath good to hear from you. 3 fast days should get those scales moving. I found if I made one of the fasts a liquid only day it virtually guaranteed a 3lb drop. But we are all different, I am not working so it doesn’t matter if I walk round like a zombie one day a week. Whatever works.

Linds size 12 trousers!! Well done you. I tried on size 14’s with elasticated waist and I still had lumpy bumpy bits. Not a good look haha.

We have been on the beach today for the 1st time this year. Trying to find something that fit me was a bit stressful. It was nice to throw a few cossies in the bin and actually wear some of the stuff that I was saving for when I am thinner. Good to coconut oil my body, hope it helps my skin catch up with my weight loss a bit.

Not a fast day so we are having a naughty turkey and stuffing roll with chips ……… and mayonnaise!!! And red wine!!! We have to have some treats don’t we?
    Fasting tomorrow.

Stay happy everyone.

Thanks Cath. I am delighted but impatient as just a teeny tiny 2 lb would =14lb/1 stone since the 1st January 2015.I have changed a few things which I think are helping me shrink.I have cut tea drinking from 7/8 mugs a day to just 3=35 teaspoonfuls of sugar saved, which is horrific when you actually write it down. I feel much better as a result and the vertigo has disappeared. I now snack on almonds, but have to measure them out as I would just keep munching-I love nuts.I also find that I have been avoiding tinned fruit salad, as it is just sugar in a bowl.I have also found that sticky toffee pudding and fruit crumble at work, make me feel rubbish for the afternoon. I assume that my blood sugar rises and then crashes….I don’t like feeling so awful, so that might be the end of puds at work for me. Goodness, I never expected that to happen. I have also changed from low fat plain yoghurt with homemade meusli to full fat. I feel full all morning now and just better. I don’t feel deprived in any way. I eat pasta/rice/roast potatoes, but just less of them. We all need treats, but I have one on Saturday and another on Sunday, not the rest of the week as before. FD for me tomorrow.

Hi, I’ve loved reading all of these posts over the last few days.

Plus I’m so jealous of your weights! I’m over 16st so for me it would be a dream to be where you are!

I’ve done 2 weeks of 5:2 and just decided to start my own 12 week journey so I’ll see how that goes.

Well done to you all, you’ve all done brilliantly but I know it must be frustrating to be so near your goal yet not quite there!

xx

Welcome SlimMeDownYou know it’s funny you should say that but I don’t find it frustrating. I truly enjoy this way of life and can see myself eating this way forever more. I enjoy my fast days and I enjoy my normal days. Food has never tasted so good, and we have never eaten so well. For example I only ever used to eat smoked salmon at Christmas but now it’s a regular item on my shopping list. We eat a lot less, but a lot better, than we did before. How are your first 2 weeks going?

annette52, have you thought of having your tea without sugar? I have never taken sugar in tea but we did have it in coffee. That was one of the first things we cut out. I always check food labels for added sugar now and wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

Our turkey roll and chips meal was delicious, worth every calorie. Fasting today. Mushroom omelette with broccoli for tea, looking forward to it.

Happy fasting!

I never thought that I would be able to drink tea without sugar, such was my love of all things sweet. But as time passes I am finding that my sugar addiction is weakening, which is fantastic.

Hi All,

Annette, well done on reaching 10stone 7lb – that’s amazing!

I did look at what one lb of fat looks like comapred with muscle and although I’ve stuck this week I’m hoping it’s because I’m replacing fat with muscle. I forgot to say I also checked my BMI and it’s gone down from 29.3 when I started to 26.2 (aiming for 5), my body fat has gone down from 42.2 to 35.4 and my water has gone up from 38.7 to 43.7 so really they are fantastic results.

I’m also trying to cut down on sugar. I haven’t had tea in my coffee for years so am ok with that. I was very surprised when I had a tin of soup the other day and it was 12% sugar!! There is a programme on TV next week that I will be watching with interest.

Hope everyone has done well this week – Linda x

Thanks Linds. I am very pleased.
    Fantastic results, well done.It is very shocking what one pound of fat looks like, when you realize that many of us dismiss it as not very much, when it is huge. It cheered me up to know that fat was shrinking from somewhere.

I am finding that reducing my sugar intake gradually, simply makes me feel better. That is quite and incentive to keep going.I also don’t feel that I am missing out or being denied anything when I choose whether or not to eat it, then think about how I feel afterwards.I had pudding today, didn’t need it and had the ‘sugar crash’ afterwards. Lesson learned now that I am more mindful. I would rather eat Almonds.

Hello Ladies, Linz here – logged on with a different email address.

I’ve not been on for bit as I have been in training (I used to get a few minutes during the day at work to log in) so now I’ve logged in at home hence the different log in name.

I’m happy to report that I’ve just about hit my target for my Birthday on 31st. I’m 10 stone 7.2lbs and my goal was 10 stone 7lbs. This means I’ve lost 8lb since January but really only 3lb since December due to weight I put on over Christmas – I don’t know if this is a weird way of looking at it or not.

I watched the programme about sugar which was a bit of an eye opener. I knew that there was a lot of hidden sugar in food but I will be reading the labels on stuff a lot more. I also watched the one about calories this week and it was interesting when they did the experiment about how many calories are burnt just sitting around compared to people who did a fitness class or the housework. Next week’s programme is about fat.

Hope everyone else is doing ok – Linda x

I have cut my sugar intake down to virtually nothing, apart from wine but that doesn’t count does it? haha. I used to have fruit juice every morning thinking it was good for me, we now have cranberry juice with no added sugar. Toast with honey was another regular breakfast, not anymore. I look on sugar now as not much different from poison. It’s funny, my dad used to say that years ago, how right he was.

It’s working, my Spanish neighbour who hadn’t seen me since pre 5:2 described my weight loss as “phenomenal” yesterday. She is my new best friend 🙂

Where are you Cath? How is it going?

Sounds like everyone is making great progress – and I am especially delighted for you Linda – well done!!!

Feeling slightly demoralised with my own progress. More business trips and a very indulgent Easter away in London & Sussex mean I have gained again. 11st 4lb this morning. I’ve also been so busy with work I’ve not got to the gym for about 3 weeks. Totally my own fault, so I am really getting back to it today.

I have a month before my birthday so I want to be as far under 11st as I can manage by then. My usual experience is that the first few pounds goes with a few fast days and then I am back to hovering around 11 stone. But this time I am determined to actually lose!

Hope everyone is having continued success 🙂

Cath x

Thanks Kath, I was feeling really good until I got weighed after all my Birthday celebration and found I had put nearly 5lbs on! Thankfully I have lost a couple or so pounds this week and am down to 10 stone 9.2lb so feeling better. I need to lose a few more pounds before my Birthday trip to Las Vegas and New York because I will be putting it on again!!

Someone once told me she seemed to be on a constant diet as she was always dieting before her holidays and Christmas so she could wear her bikini/little black dress and then dieting afterwards to get off what she had put on during her holiday/Christmas. This is a bit how I feel but it stands to reason that if you over eat you then have to cut back or you will never lose it and then, eventually put more on over time. I know we say this way of eating is a way of life and I can see myself carrying it on for the foreseeable future as I have learnt (I think I have anyway) that I can be strict with myself when I need to be and know when to “reign it in” when I need to.

Kath, I’m sure you will get there too – just keep at it.

Hope everyone else is doing ok – Linda x

Hello All,
    I have lost 15 lb since January. It was about 4 weeks to finally get past the 14lb mark and that was x3 FD.I put on weight this Christmas and the last one too. I have lost the 2014 festive lbs/inches and just 2 lb away from losing the 2013 festive lbs/inches. I am planning another x3 FD this week because I am on holiday from work and there is plenty to keep me busy here.I have cut sugar out of my diet where I can, now down to half a tsp in one of my only x3 cuppas a day(cut from 7/8) at Christmas due to caffeine in tea. I had no idea it was so high.
    I feel much better.
    Size 12 jeans falling down, size 10 are too tight.Knickers are baggy and bra size changed- delighted. New charity shop pile is getting taller….

Hi all,

I managed to lose 1lb by the end of last week, taking me to 11st 3lb. Restarted the gym on Friday and I have been again today (also a fast day). I am trying to reach 10stone 12 as a mini-goal, by my birthday, May 8th which is 5 lb off in 4 weeks worth of 4:3 and three gym trips. I need to have an aim!

I’ve realised how much of my downfall is salty snacks. Even though I didn’t go out or drink much this weekend I still had too many – so I am making a conscious effort not to buy or eat them for a few weeks at least.

Linda – I think you are right – we are the kind of people who do like a bit of overindulgence now and again (too much for me lately!) but we know how to reign it in when we have to now and we don’t want to revert to our old ways! I’m sure you’ll be motivated in preparation for your birthday trip – sounds really exciting – when are you going?

Annette – you’ve done brilliantly – you must be delighted with 15lb since January. Well done you!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Will report back on Friday on week 1 of my regime 🙂

Cath x

Thanks Cath. I am thrilled. I have been reading a really interesting book called ‘that sugar book’ by Damon Gameau. He ate the same amount of calories as his peviously hight fat diet, but gained lots of weight and cms in just 60 days by consuming hidden sugar in perceived healthy foods. I was thinking about those salty snacks and wondering what the sugar per 100g was? Anything above 20g per 100g is high and there is so much hidden sugar in savoury foods….It has been a real eye opener.

Have a look at the sugar content in everything that you eat and drink for a week. WHO guidelines are no more than 6 level tsp sugar per day. If it says it is ‘diet’ or ‘low fat’ then chances are that it is full of sugar.
    Professor Robert Lustig believes that sugar is making us fat, that a calorie is not just a calorie. A rat will chose sugar over cocaine!

You might need less time at the gym, but more in the kitchen….just a thought. I would be interested to hear what you think.

I am reading that book at the moment Annette, isn’t it good? A real eye opener.

Sugar = Poison

Come on Cath you can do it. When I overindulge, which I do quite a bit, I find a liquids only day more than compensates. I have lost 24lbs since 5/1/15. You were one of my main inspirations. Thank you.

Anyone want to join a little group of us on FB? See my profile.

Yes Applepie. It has changed my mind about lots of food.

Well done Annette and Applepie, that’s an amazing amount for both of you to lose. Size 12 jeans falling down Annette – wow!! I’ll have a look for the book too. I’ve just had a tin of soup for my tea but really there was too much sugar in it. I bought it before I started checking the sugar content in things so much but I have a cold and just wanted something quick!

Fingers crossed for you this week Cath, hopefully losing last week is a sign of things to come. How’s work going?

We fly on 16th May which is 4 weeks on Saturday so plenty of time to lose a few more pounds!!

Good luck this week everyone Linda x

Thanks Linda. These are jeans that I have been wearing for about 6 months and as i have short legs I just turn the hems up. Now they are falling down, I have to watch that I don’t trip over the increasing turn up! It is all down to style and cut. There are other size 12’s that now fit, but I couldn’t squeeze my fat self into.

I find soup a godsend when it is cold but have started making my own vegetable soup, which is interesting as I am not a huge fan of vegetables! I made my own chicken stock(frozen the excess)and just mixed it with a variety of boiled vegetables and just blitzed the lot together. When it was cool I portioned it all up and froze it. It can then be defrosted in the microwave or in a saucepan. I find that a parsnip make it sweet enough.

I hope to reach a 20+ year low by the time you fly.

Hi Everyone, I’m pleased to say I’m back down to 10stone 7.4lb. I’m still aiming for 10stone 5lb to get to an acceptable BMI of 25 but would like to see if I can get to 10stone. My sister says I don’t need to lose any more but my thighs are still “hefty” and, while I know the fat doesn’t go from where you want it to, I want to see if I can get rid of a bit more!

I think she thinks I am a bit obsessed especially when I wouldn’t have a cream cake when we were at our Mum’s when it was our birthday. The thing is we had just had lunch and were going for a curry in the evening and I honestly didn’t want it.

Good luck with your 20+ a year low Annette, I’m sure you will do it. Linda

Whoo Hoo! It is interesting when the brain starts to think about consumption and then make different choices to what we would have done in the past. Walking/swimming/running are all good for toning up thighs.

If you get to 10stone and decide you don’t like yourself at that weight, you can always put some weight on!I am 10st 4 and need to get to 9st 11 for a BMI of 25, so a bit of way to go…

Thanks the thought of getting to 10 stone seems both huge and exciting.

Ooh everyone sees to be doing brilliantly – well done Linda – you are on a roll and the holiday is a great goal (it sounds fab!!)) and Annette – what a goal!!! and size 12 jeans too big is brilliant. Applepie – 24lbs!!!!!that’s amazing – really well done.

I hear what you are all saying about the sugar and I agree! I will seek out the book and have a look. I know people sometimes think I am odd because of my complete lack of sweet tooth, so I don’t worry about eating sugar – but I hadn’t thought about hidden sugars, so I am going to be vigilant!

I’ve been really good this week – 3 fast days, 3 1 hour gym sessions (half cardio, half toning/weights), no salty snacks and I’ve lost 2lb. So yes I think I am back on track. I am now 11st 1lb – still 3lb heavier than my low point in November – but that’s my mini-goal for 3 weeks time and then 3 weeks after that I am having a mini reunion with school friends so I am going to try to push on towards the elusive 10.5 stone for then.

Actually seeing how well you are all doing is really inspiring and motivating so thanks!!

Work is still busy, but less so as we’ve now completed two thirds of the project without any disasters – now heading towards the last phase at the end of April.

My kitchen extension has also started being built. Not sure if I’ve mentioned this but despite the fact I love cooking, I’ve had to manage in a teeny tiny kitchen (6ft x 6ft before units)for the last 12 years so this is a huge thing for us. The bricklayer does like to start at 7am though – which is great as it makes me get up early and so I’ve been fitting in early morning gym sessions before work. I am sooo excited at the thought of a large kitchen with surfaces (I have approximately 9 inches of worktop at the moment!) and storage and lots of new appliances – of course I will become a (slim) domestic goddess!

Hope the coming week is great for everyone!

Cath xx

Well done Cath on 2lb, that is brilliant!
    I have gone up a smidgen, but not surprised as I have been out with friends and over indulged, which is fine. Back to school next week with 5 weeks until half term. It would be stupendous to lose these 5 lb by that time.

My falling down flared jeans are now dangerous, so they will be washed and donated to charity. I left town with 2 pairs of skinny jeans which are size 12 too, but look so much slimmer because they are skinny I suppose.

Your new kitchen sounds very exciting. I dream of more work space in my poorly designed botched lay out.

Onwards and downwards…

Quick update – another week of being good – 3 fast days and 3 gym visits but have stayed at 11st 1lb. Ah well – I’ll keep plugging away! Perhaps in a week’s time I’ll get under the pesky 11 stone mark. The gym is definitely making me feel better though.

I also bought “That Sugar Book” and it is interesting reading!

How is everyone else doing?

Cath xx

Very impressive. I managed 1 FD and 2 trips to the gym.We have a 5K race in 2 weeks which is the incentive to go out and run.I am hoping to beat my PB(which isn’t fast). I think that I need a week of writing down what I eat and calculating the calories, I don’t think that I am always below my TDEE. However, the weight may be the same, there is half an inch off the waist and now 2 large bags to go to charity including PJ’s that swamp me, but I couldn’t get into!
    Even though I am slimmer and trimmer, if an item of clothing doesn’t look good, it is consigned to the charity bag. I am going to quality and style now, rather than quantity and bling. We’ll see…
    That sugar book is interesting and certainly made me re-think what I like to eat. I prefer unprocessed ‘clean’ food by and large. An Almond Croissant(600 cals) remains by guilty pleasure once a week.
    Got lots of compliments at work about looking very trim, and it is down to the skinny jeans I have no doubt.If your trousers are too big, ditch them and you lose lbs overnight! TK Maxx have been the source of my joy. I am finding that so many folk go to charity shops now that I can no-longer find those gems.
    The plan is 2 FD and x3 trips to the gym with a run outside at the weekend. My running kit looks so much better on too, less ‘burst sausage’ more trim with a waist.
    My goal is to shift this pesky 5 lb get to 10st 0lbs in 4 weeks(half term).

Hi everyone, well, I’ve put 1 pound back on but still feeling a bit rubbish after my cold. Although I have fasted, I know I’ve not been as good as I should have been. Never mind, like you say Cath – I’ll keep plugging away! I haven’t got round to getting the book yet but I do intend to.

I’ve been going through my wardrobe too Annette and have some summer trousers that are too big and some that are not too bad but because the style is a wider leg they feel enormous now my legs are slimmer. I’ve been getting more compliments too from different people at work and also from someone I hadn’t seen since last year.

I did a check last week of what my weight should be and it’s between 9stone 1lb and 9stone 7lb. I doubt I’ll get to that but I am going to give it a try. I’ve got the 10 stone 5lb goal to get to yet though so I’ve a way to go!

Just wanted to share my huge news. Out for a run with my son and my watch tells me that I have run my fastest 5K and fastest mile! Very very thrilled, clearly the gym has been worth it.

Never mind Mrs H, we are all in it for the long haul of forever…

I have some wide leg black linen trousers that just make me look much bigger than I am. They are still in my wardrobe at the moment but I suspect will depart in the next few weeks. Try skinny jeans, they take lbs off.

My top weight for my height is 9 st ll with a goal of 9 st 7 too. It seems a dream to be a weight that starts with a 9, but when you are 5ft 1 every lb counts.

Onwards and downwards fast friends………

Hi Everyone, just wanted to say I’m down to 10st 6.4lbs so nearly at my 10st 5lb goal – hopefully before my holiday!

Well done on your run Annette, what a great achievement. You are right about the “long haul of forever”! I can’t get skinny jeans past my knees but straight leg ones are fine.

Hope everyone is doing ok this week. Linda x

Grand dress try on this morning out of curiosity really.Now there are 3 more dresses for charity and at least half a dozen for ebay(when I figure out how to do it). If the shape/cut/style doesn’t look good or make me feel fabulous, then it is history.
    Those white jeans could now be worn and those size 10 jeans are a bit tight but wearable too. Those pink linen shorts are almost there too. That pencil skirt that I couldn’t do up(by an inch) to the top, I can now!

The scales have moved a smidge and there is no change on the tape measure to my hips/waist, BUT something is going on….I am shrinking, my clothes are showing me that. It has happened before, but fascinates me still.

So keep the faith fast friends. The scales are not the only measure of success, I would suggest that clothes are a much better guide, to ‘show’ where the shrinkage is.
    Thanks, it has been an up and down kind of week.My always overweight friend from Oz has really piled on the weight since I saw her last year. She struggles to get her shoes on or to walk uphill. In fact she is a year younger than me but far less healthy. She hasn’t seen me since I lost a stone and a half and didn’t comment, and I didn’t comment on her weight gain and hope I hid my shock. She was only around for 1 evening so i didn’t want to upset her, but then felt guilty that I should have said something…but what? Well decision made and i now hope that she will do something. Not holding my breath.
    I had ruled out skinny jeans due to my enormous calves, but they are fine.

Great news Annette, size 10 must feel brilliant. I know what you mean, just when I think I’m not losing much I try something on and find it’s too big.

I don’t know if this was a compliment or not but someone I haven’t seen for ages commented that I’d lost weight and then apologised because he thought I might be ill!! My sister say it’s because I’ve lost it on my face. The problem is that at my age (60) weight loss on your face and neck can leave your skin saggy but if your face is fat you have a double chin so whatever you do you can’t win!

I know what you mean about your friend. My sister hasn’t lost any weight and I don’t like to ask her if he is trying to or tell her when I have lost some as I don’t want to make her feel bad. She’s not enormous but she must be 1.5 stone heavier than me and I know she would feel better if she lost some because I certainly do (dodgy knees). On the other hand I look at her and think that I don’t want to get back to the way she looks which motivates me to keep it off.

Skinny jeans, now that’s a goal!

Thanks. But the size 10 are snug and I am not sure that I like the cut….
    I think that the first thought about weight loss is illness as we all believe that it is not possible to lose weight and to keep it off.We are all going to age anyway, so just think about how much better you feel that you did before you lost weight.I think that the most aging thing is being overweight. Both of my friends struggle to walk, are breathless and if you saw them behind, you would assume that they are 20 years older than they are.They both suffer from problems with their knees- no wonder.My poor aching knees were one of the reasons to lose weight in the first place.
    It is tricky to know what to say, so I say nothing unless asked.

Ooh Linda and Annette – you continue to amaze and inspire me! Well done both of you 🙂

I seem to be stuck – despite 3 gym sessions a week and mostly doing 4:3. Last week I couldn’t face a 3rd fast day so stuck to 5:2, so by Friday I was still 11st 1lb and then I had another heavy weekend due to my husband’s birthday. This week’s not going well so far. I swapped Monday fasting for today (Tues)because I was visiting my parents for the Bank Holiday. I then ventured to my first gym class this morning (I normally do my own thing rather than go to classes)and I am ravenous now and need to eat so I’ll revert back to Wednesday I think, and just have 1 fast day this week.

On Thursday night I have friends coming over for the election results (and food & drink) and Friday is my birthday and our wedding anniversary and we are off to Spain for the weekend so I don’t hold out too much hope for weight loss! But I’ll be back on it next Monday. I am just being realistic and trying not to give up. If I could get back under 11stone that would be amazing psychologically – but I think it will be a few more weeks yet!

Also we will be without a kitchen from tomorrow for several weeks as my extension is really progressing, so I am going to try to live on ready meals/salads and see if that makes a difference!

Hope everyone else is doing really well 🙂

Cath xx

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 473 total)

You must be logged in to reply.