My 10 week weight loss, week by week

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My 10 week weight loss, week by week

This topic contains 110 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa57 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 101 through 111 (of 111 total)

• Hi Ginette and everyone

Fast day today and doing OK so far. For me it’s about having my head in the right place.

I had a look at your Daily Mail article and found it interesting. My cousin has developed type 2 diabetes, and I’ve taken that as a wee bit of a warning, so I’ll keep my eye on that.

Installed the my fitness pal on my tablet. Thinking about exercise.

Looking at the thread, I see people are worrying about loose skin. Any links, ideas about this. I’m very likely to have this problem too.

There are some amazing weight losses – yourself, Lisa

Inspiring.

Thanks

Hi Joan

Yes a really good article and there are more every day this week in the mail. I hope it helps your cousin.

I had a lot to lose about 9 stone. I am half way there now but I am slowing down the weight loss a bit as I think giving my body time to adjust will help. Also exercise I am sure will help strengthen those muscles. When I am really back into the swing I get the urge to exercise. For now though I am happy to lose the Christmas weight.

Bio oil is meant to help as well. I found that my neck was getting straggly – not a place I would have thought of before though.

Yes keep your eye on the diabetes thing. Have you had your glucose measured? Mine is normal but there is a prediabetic stage.

Let me know how you go.

Ginette

Hi again Ginette

There’s a debate in the House of Commons at the moment about childhood obesity. Type 2 diabetes keeps on coming up in the discussion. They’re talking about displays in supermarkets just now.

My cousin, a few months younger than me, actually had a heart attack last year. I think he followed the guidance to the letter and has lost weight and corrected his diet. When I see him at Easter I’ll ask him about how his diabetes has been affected. I had a test at the surgery last year and I was fine. I’m sure I am fine, but I think that that diet is a good one anyway.

Talk soon

Joan

Hi Ginette (and all)
    I’m new to 5:2 and have 6+ stone to lose in an ideal world but my journey starts with a 7 lbs goal! I’ve just been reading your entire thread and wanted to say how inspiring and encouraging I found it.
    Thank you! I’ll post my 10 weeks when I get there!!!

Hi Joan

Sorry I must have missed your post. How are you doing? Good news that you are
    OK though and clear of diabetes. It will be interesting to hear how your cousin has got on.

Hi Dee

Well done on joining us. You are doing exactly the right thing and setting 7lbs targets. That way it is achievable and all the 7lbs add up.

I put a bit weight on over Christmas and the few weeks before but I have since lost 5lbs and have about 5 to go to get to my lowest. Then I can start losing a little more. My aim for this year is about one and a half to two stone.

Why don’t you join the fat busting Brits thread. There are a few new people there and it is really supportive. I’ll post a link below.

Ginette

Where about some in England are you? I am in Hampshire in the south.

Here is the link.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/fat-busting-brits-%F0%9F%91%8A%F0%9F%98/page/59/#post-131586

Ginette

Hi Ginette and Hello Dee

I do look at Fat Bustin Brits from time to time, but I’ve got involved in some recent threads

“Need to lose 200lbs and looking for support”

“1 week in and looking for buddies” and

“Hello from Norway”

With “My ten week weight loss, week by week” I’ve got my hands full!

Anyway, I’m enjoying it all. After three full weeks and loss of half a stone, I feel as though I’m in the swing.

Today, I’ve had wonderful food and wine and a lovely day all told. Small rib eye steak from highland cattle – lower in fat and cholesterol and higher in protein then most beef. It was really beautiful.

I’ve had less than 1500 calories today, including all bran, whole milk and demerara sugar for breakfast (well, at about 12.30). Scallops and prawns with a glass of Chardonnay for starters, Steak, potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, olive oil, courgette and green beans with 2 glasses of Rioja.

Tomorrow I think we’re going inland to Aberlour for a good walk without the wind we’re going to have here on the Moray coast. We’re having kangaroo steaks tomorrow for dinner – even fewer calories!

No, I’m feeling really good. In control. Planning and shopping properly. Weighing and counting everything and writing it down before I put it in my mouth.

It’s wonderful to have the time to do it and I really take my hat off to those who have all the pressures of looking after children, going to work and so on.

Dee, you’re the same height as me. Well, I’ve got a half an inch on you! I’ve got over 5 stones still to lose. Just got to keep on, achieving mini-goals.

I am in Hampshire too! 🙂 Southampton area.

I have done 3 fasting days so far and lost 5lbs – whoop whoop!!! I do like to see a loss but don’t want to focus toooo much on the scales. Therein lies the ‘I’ve failed’ demon methinks. I have friends who have had great results ( slow but steady) with 5:2 over the last couple of years and want to try to make it a long term way of life as opposed to a ‘diet’ which is doomed to failure and weight re-gain.

Hi Joan we overlapped I think. Your dinner sounds amazing! All that gorgeousness under 1500 calories – inspirational! X

Hi Joan

I know what you mean with lots of threads. I used to be on four or five, now just on the two. Your meal sounds brilliant. I am just watching the last sugar free farm. I watch the chase so it was good to see one of the chasers on there.

That’s a great loss in three weeks and should really boost your confidence at how well you are doing.

Hi Dee

We are almost neighbours, I am in Portsmouth. I agree I have never looked on this as a diet just a weight loss plan which is long term. Not forgetting the health benefits as well.

A great loss to start with and will give you a great boost. I admit when I started it seemed unlikely to work. It obviously does though!!

Keep up the good work.

Ginette

Hi. Hope you don’t mind me jumping in. just realised another 10 weeks have gone so perhaps time for an update. Still doing M/W/F fasts (tried going to 2 days but didn’t get on with it and this pattern suits me). Total loss now 86lb (or 6st 2lb). I’m taking so much from these forums so thanks to everyone that posts for all their tips, support and encouragement. Here’s to the next ten weeks…….

Viewing 11 posts - 101 through 111 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply.