Momentous March

This topic contains 420 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  AT 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 434 total)

• Day 10 – UK – FD800

Well that wasn’t a good night’s sleep! I’m having problems switching off at night this week and I don’t have anything specific on my mind either, so I’m putting it down to the lack of movement / exercise during the days where I’ve been tied to the desk (or so it feels!). Roll on getting some sea air tomorrow!

The positive is that I had a really good FD yesterday and came in around 650cals, so very safely under the 800cal mark.

Today’s my last day of work this week and I have 13 different jobs on my to-do list, some of them needing a fair amount of my attention, so I suppose I best get cracking!

Have a great day all

Day 10 Pocket list ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @babs_b

2nd post

I cross-posted with you, @high5! Glad there’s another F800 recipe book fan, it’s well-loved here. DH cooked the chicken tikka masala recipe from it last night, was lovely.

Adding you onto that last pocket list I posted:

Day 10 Pocket list ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @high5
    @babs_b

Day 10 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@sarahsbold – welcome! 5:2 + 16:8 – sounds like a plan!

Didn’t sleep so well & not feeling 100%, so I’m putting off fasting until tomorrow.

Sending positive vibes to today’s fasters ๐ŸŽฏ

โ€œAttitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.โ€ ~ Winston Churchill

Day 10 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Weigh in: 164.2

Morning all. Today’s FD is big standard 5:2 with small Oatbran bread salad sandwhich for lunch, an apple to get “things” moving, and the remainder of that lentil soup for eveningtime.

Slept wonderfully again last night, it really helps with the mood and motivation not to be tired and sluggish.

We have taken tomorrow off work and we are going away south for the weekend in our camper as its our Wedding Anniversary on Saturday ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿธ so I plan to relax and enjoy and long walks but also a meal out and rugby …..A good weekend away in fact.

Have a great day today – Together we are stronger
    @penz
    @high5
    @babs_b
    @daffodil2010

Day 10 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Thursday FD, might need this in preparation for the weekend, as @daffodil2010 says there are 3 Rugby International matches, one Friday evening, 2 on Saturday afternoon (back to back) Saturday evening friends round for a meal and a few laughs, Sunday a Premiership match in the afternoon. Possibly/probably/definitely beer involved somewhere ๐Ÿ˜‰

Luckily my weigh in day is a Friday …..

Take care all

Day 10 Pocket list ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @high5
    @babs_b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 10 UK FD

First FD of the month for me – coffee for breakfast , bouillon for lunch then nice big Thai green curry with cauli rice for dinner

Yes , big rugby weekend ๐Ÿˆ just trying to plan meals,snacks and particularly drinks so not too much damage is done

Day 10 Pocket list ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @high5
    @babs_b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 10, London, UK, NFD

Quick check-in.

Today will be a NFD as there WILL be cake for my mums 83rd birthday!!! Unfortunately she (we) had a terrible night’s sleep. She was in quite a lot of pain which hasn’t happened for a long time, in that situation you’re quite helpless and the lack of sleep frustrated both of us.๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@sarahsbold โ€“ Welcome to the group! When you click on your profile, you’ll see a list including ‘replies created’ for all of your posts.

I’m still flat out, so I better get back to the grindstone!!๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Day 10 – USA/GA – 2 hr eating window (NFD??)

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. The weird week continues. Yesterday’s 16:8 plan failed when my parents invited me to meet them for dinner after work. As it was my father’s first time to eat out since his surgery, I wanted to be there. Sooo… I won’t put myself on the pocket list today because, as I said previously, if tonight’s civic event is a banquet, it will look rude to not touch the food in front of me, but I hope it’s a inconsequential buffet, which is so much easier to decline and keep talking. I’m hoping for the latter!

Then, with my brother’s birthday on Sunday — yet his quarantine and recovery from COVID depending on the resolution of his symptoms in the next few days — I’m not sure if I can fast on Sunday, or if I have to try *gulp* a Saturday fast?

The battleship part of March is here. Come on, 207. Let me see you once more before April… ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck to us all today.

Day 10 Melb Aust CD

Well, the ice-cream didn’t do too much damage, no loss but no gain, and there’s still 21 days left in the month to take some weight off. I did something similar at the start of February and still lost a couple of kilos, so here’s hoping.

@daffodil2010, Happy Anniversary for Saturday. Hope you have a lovely weekend away.

You, too, @penz, enjoy your weekend away.

@northgeorgia, Hope your work “do” is a buffet. They are so easy to manage. You just wander around chatting with a half-full plate so if anyone offers anything, you can just say, “Maybe later, I need to finish this first”. If a banquet? Well, good luck.

Onward and downwards!

Day 10 – UK – FD800
    Day 9 – FD800 + dynamic Yoga class
    Day 8 – NFD + lovely 8km walk + HIP class

Happy to report that Day 7 did end up as a FD800 and today will be the 2nd of B2B FD800 with hopefully another one tomorrow as we have a meal delivery on Saturday from Simon Rogan at Home – our monthly treat as OH still does not feel happy going out to restaurants! ๐Ÿ˜ž

Started this morning with my Happy Hour aerobics class at 9am and I have my Pilates class at 6pm to help keep me focused on my FD ๐Ÿคž
    I have just finished my Brunch of poached eggs, avocado and sourdough toast and have allowed enough calories for a snack and cup of tea after Pilates this evening.

@excelsior12309 – hope you are like me and hanging on to that wagon ๐Ÿค—
    @stitchincarol – Thank you – I always come back to here as I know the support will see me thorough any loss of motivation and get me back on that wagon x BTW I’m hopeless too on WORDLE ๐Ÿคฃ
    @caoimhe – I just saw your post about a dog beach walk with your DD – I’m going to meet mine at Silecroft beach tomorrow to start a morning of dog walking (she runs a small dog walking business) we usually end up doing 4 hrs of walks with different dogs then enjoy a coffee and snack together before I head back home (1hr drive)
    @brightonbelle – good to see your post for March x
    @northgeorgia – bet it was great to see that new record low ๐Ÿ‘
    @flourbaby – great effort and well done on that whoosh
    @songbirdme – your egg scramble sounds right up my street – will be making that soon
    @betsylee – sympathies about that tub of ice cream that snuck in your freezer – I have the same problem once in a while ๐Ÿคญ
    @sarahsbold – welcome on board – 1st step is always the hardest….when I first lost weight back in 2016 I was on a plateau for over 3 months then lost the rest of the weight and have been in maintenance since and keeping on here as it keeps me accountable
    @daffodil2010 – your planned weekend away to celebrate your wedding anniversary sounds just fab and @i-hate-lettuce @brightonbelle and @daffodil2010 – looking forward to the rugby too – should be good!
    @flourbaby – happy 83rd birthday to your DM – hope she has a lovely day especially after the bad night with pain and lack of sleep ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅ‚

Day 10 Pocket list ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @high5
    @babs_b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at

I just would like to say thank you all for being part of these monthly challenges and offering support and motivation ๐Ÿค—

Day 10 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I was quite lethargic yesterday, which was a problem given my long to-do list, so I finally decided to eat a half hour early, and had some leftover Brussels sprouts–and they did a world of good. Funny how our bodies actually NEED food, eh? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Sadly, I didn’t make such exemplary food choices at the church supper, but I have set no rules for myself on what I can eat on TRE days, so I actually ate…well, if not to plan, then at least “acceptably.” And this morning I was only up 2/10 of a lb from yesterday’s weight, poising me nicely for tomorrow morning’s weight.

Which I won’t know because I’ll be on the train to Denver, and then in DD’s car driving back to Nebraska. So I won’t be posting until Saturday morning; sorry for the MIA day.

@high5 So sorry you’re discouraged/depressed with your injuries. How much longer before cast is off? It WILL get better, you know that, but I can understand how tough it is to be patient until it is! You had the dreaded “h” word in yesterday’s and today’s post, and I have to respond. Here’s what you said this morning: “So Iโ€™m just gonna try to do an OMAD Until the end of the week.” Here’s Yoda’s wise answer to that: โ€œDo or do not. There is no tryโ€ ๐Ÿ˜ You’ve GOT this, just focus on your RESOLVE.

@brightonbelle Isn’t that funny how, after a vacation, an alcohol-free day feels so dramatic? And so little damage to the scales is marvelous; with some determination, that will be gone rapidly.

@mariaelena Loved your description of all the guilt you felt at perfectly reasonable food choices; that just proves–especially given your high success–that weight loss is mostly a result of mind-set. You’ll find that healthy balance, guilt free.

@ccco Wow. Just, wow. There is ZERO possibility I could eat three small meals and two snacks and not balloon up. ZERO. (I’ve done it: it’s called vacation, LOL! Well, okay, while they may start out being small meals, they don’t end up that way…and therein lies the massive challenge for me; for me it’s massively easier simply not to eat.) But, I’m so glad to hear you’re feeling success with it!

@songbirdme When do your Illini play again?

@sarahsbold WELCOME! We love newbies, and this group is amazingly knowledgeable and absolutely willing to support and encourage. Losing a pound–or less–a week is likely all the faster you’ll lose weight, and a “whoosh” (where you suddenly lose after a week or two of not losing) is very common, so you’re right that a two-week plateau is possibly not actually a plateau…but after your steady losses before, I can see why it feels like one! Low-carb is hands-down the most reliable way to ensure weight loss, so keep on keeping on, and ask any questions you have!

@northgeorgia Great encouragement for @sarahsbold; thanks for chiming in with your wisdom.

@sarahsbold Did you check the little box under where you typed your post so that you’d get emailed every time someone posts on this forum? Then, from your email, click on the link, and it’ll take you to the page where all the posts are. Like this: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/momentous-march/page/4/

@babs_b Leslie Sansone frequently comments that you’ll focus better on your work if you take 15 minutes to go walk and then come back refreshed; any way you can fit that in once or twice today? And then perhaps you’ll even sleep better? I bet you’ll sleep well over your long weekend, at least!

@funshipfreddie Bummer, I hope you feel absolutely fine by tomorrow.

@daffodil2010 Happy Anniversary!! Have a grand time away. ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿ’ž

@i-hate-lettuce Have a grand weekend of rugby and beer!

@brightonbelle You’ll feel so good tomorrow after today’s FD!

@flourbaby Happy birthday to your mum, and I’m so sorry about the pain and awful sleep; hopefully it’s far improved tonight!

@northgeorgia Whew! That’s a tough schedule in front of you. I’m sure you’ll swerve what you politely can, and will show great RESOLVE and excellent choices everywhere else…after all, you’re the man who’s lost 73 pounds!!! ๐Ÿ’ช

@betsylee Glad the ice cream did no damage on the scale; that’s always a moment of thankfulness after eating something we consider forbidden!

@at As good as you are with USING words, it’s comforting to know you’re as helpless as I at figuring out Wordle!! ๐Ÿ˜œ I keep doing it, even though I don’t find it much fun, because what I’ve read about dementia, etc., the more you tax your brain, the longer your brain will function well. So, Wordle gets my daily attention.

Day 10 Pocket list ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @high5
    @babs_b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @stitchincarol WFD

USA. Day 10. FD

FD didn’t go so well yesterday, so I am back checking in and putting myself on the pocket list!

Day 10 Pocket list ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @high5
    @babs_b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 10 USA (Illinois) FD

Decided to do a FD today to get closer to what my ideal maintenance weight is.

@sarahsbold – welcome to this wonderful, supportive, and helpful forum! Far and away the best link you could have chosen. Quite a few of us Stateside as well!

@stitchincarol – with a double-bye our ILLINI doesn’t play until Friday. We sincerely talked about driving down to Indy to see the game but are holding off to hopefully go to an NCAA March Madness Tourney game.

Day 10 Pocket list ๐Ÿฅ•
    @penz
    @high5
    @babs_b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 10 UK NFD
    Today has been an NFD and I did intend to do a TRE as this suits me well. However, I had a really bad nights sleep, just could not get off and, when I eventually did, only slept for a few hours. Consequently I have felt tired all day and that always plays havoc with my eating. I have just yearned for sweet food all day. Ended up having two slices of sourdough bread with honey and not following TRE at all. Anyway could have been worse as fortunately there were no biscuits or cake in the house!!! Tomorrow is another day and I will make that a FD.
    @flourbaby A very Happy Birthday to your DM
    @daffodil2010 Wishing you a Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your weekend away also @penz.
    @at Four hours of dog walking.Wow!!!
    Hope all those who have not slept well get a good night tonight.

Day 11 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Weigh In: 162.8

Had wine last night with my FD meal (I know !!!!!) so am pleased to see that figure above. Have not seen that number since November 21 …(and previous to that July 2017 ๐Ÿ˜ฑ)… However it shows I am moving down and in the right but slow direction.

I feel great though! Slimmer and trimmer…but not seeing it in clothes yet but I know I will.

Thanks everyone for your kind words for our anniversary….we will be heading off in the next few hours, just looking forward to a different place for a few nights.

Happy birthday to your Mum @flourbaby, every one is precious so enjoy that cake. X

Day 11 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@daffodil2010 – Happy Anniversary & have a lovely weekend! ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿฅ‚

@caoimhe – hope you slept better? Putting you on the pocket list. Let’s make it a good FD ๐ŸŽฏ

Happy Fri-yay y’all ๐Ÿท

Pocket List – Day 11 ๐Ÿ“
    @caoimhe
    @funshipfreddie

Day 11 – UK – ??

Woke up during the night with a sore throat which was still there this morning so did a Antigen Rapid Test (self testing) which came up positive ๐Ÿ˜ข no idea where I picked Covid up from…..Feeling OK at the moment apart from a sore throat…….๐Ÿคžnothing worse develops – I have reported my test result on line to the NHS and will stay at home and retest in 5 days time…….

Managed to complete my B2B FD800 yesterday – not sure what today will be – will see how I feel – planning on keeping hydrated and resting

@daffodil2010 – have a fab weekend away celebrating your wedding anniversary

Take care all

Day 11 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

The first really warm spring like morning, very pleasant start to the day, when I went outdoors was really surprised at the temperature. Winter won’t have finished with us just yet, but a nice morning, a sign of things to come!

Weigh in day, minor drop from last week, only 1/2 lb, but nontheless maintaining nicely.

@daffodil2010 โ€“ have a brilliant weekend celebrating your wedding anniversary.

@at – Hope you’re not feeling too grim and only minor symptoms.

Have a great weekend folks

Day 11 – on the train to Colorado, TRE

Well, best laid plans, and all that. The train was supposed to leave at 12:15am; instead, we finally pulled out of the station at 4:26am. Ugh! Bless DS25 who lives only blocks from the depot, so stayed awake to take me around 3, where I continued to wait until the train actually came in. Thankfully I slept for four hours earlier, so I’m not miserable as I enjoy the rocking train in my comfortable window seat watching the dark and silent villages go by.

@at I hope your symptoms are mild and you sail through this just fine. Is OH going to isolate from you? Such a bummer on the timing with your lovely meal scheduled for tomorrow!

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 209 lbs. Yes! I was able to make yesterday a FD, despite being tempted twice! I’m breaking fast this morning, and it’s possible I won’t fast again until Wednesday. So, I will have to be careful in case that’s the situation, and try to eat only at mealtimes and be sure most of those meals are healthy and rational.

@at Get well soon!
    @stitchincarol Yikes! I’m glad the train is on the move at last!

It’ll be a hard weekend to relax, know what awaits me early Monday morning, but I am still happy it’s at hand. Enjoy, everyone!

DAY 11 – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD
    I’ve been MIA for a week but have been keeping tabs on all your reports. So good to see everyone committing to success for March….. and some newbies too.

Although life has been quite upside down for me with several challenges related to former relationship, I have been able to hold onto the reins of one part of my life and that is staying on track with my 5:2 and alcohol free month for March.
    This resolve has given me something else to focus on as I slowly work towards “re-inventing” my new life as a slimmer, single lady again!

We’ve had so much devastation here on the east coast of Australia, the floods have been epic (fortunately my house ok), and then added to that with the Ukraine devastation, it is hard to comprehend where all this is heading and hard to stay positive.

On another note, I listened to a RN radio interview today with Jessie Inchauspe, biochemist and author of the (soon to be released) “Glucose revolution: The life-changing power of balancing your blood sugar.”
    The premise is changing your glucose intake to change your life and to just focus on how we consume this one important thing, we can feel better, boost our energy levels and be healthier without having to completely cut anything out of our lives…. blah blah. BTW Michael Mosley gave the book the thumbs up too!
    Anyway there are a few really good take-outs from the interview which really caught my attention vis-a-vis what order to eat certain foods, when to eat etc etc.
    Here’s the interview at:
    https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/talkback:-could-changing-your-glucose-intake-change-your-life/13791024

I’d love to hear if others have looked at this in conjunction with the WOL and FD.

Please bear with me folks…. my positive self is still here somewhere and I promise I will bring some more sunnier posts back to the page shortly.

Hi, my phone died. On a loaner phone, with no home button. Accountability: past couple of days all good.

Wishing everyone well

Day11 U.K. NFD

Whoops forgot to log in ! Reported the helpful spammer Pristine12

Will aim to check in early tomorrow and catch up on posts

DAY 12 โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ NFD
    Saturday beckons and my task this weekend is TAX! I’ve been procrastinating (and procrasti-tasking with anything else as a distraction!) on this and the accountant has taken me to task! Got to concentrate, so no plans for the weekend which will be a bonus as can keep on track with both 5:2 and alcohol free while I attend to the paperwork.
    I’ve been shopping and, due to the floods, found another challenge as the shop shelves are half empty, especially my fresh veg including my fave broccoli and mushrooms.As we’ve been having major floods, there are major distribution disruptions and of course so many agricultural areas totally under water. The knock-on effect of course is rising prices and shortages which will affect many families. So I’ve had to rethink some different veg into the diet for this weekend. Bought some eggplants (aubergine) and found a recipe to slice them lengthways in half and roast before topping with whatever takes your fancy, so will try with a type of tomato salsa or passata, would be nice with melted cheese but I’ll avoid that for the moment.
    Happily scales tracked down a little this morning so am full of ambition to keep up the momentum. My goal is to reduce 10 kg by Easter (thank heavens Easter is a bit later this year!) Managed 4 kg in Feb and working on the same for March although, even sticking to my plan, not dropping off as quickly as expected this month. But onwards and downwards and determined to stay on track!

@brightonbelle please don’t think my suggestion to listen to the RN radio interview with Jessie Inchauspe is spam. I assure it is not. Radio National (RN) is the Australian government radio, I guess a bit like the BBC? Anyway, I found it interesting and helpful and sure others will too. I only listen to Radio National and ABC TV because of all the tripe on other media. Of course Radio National and ABC TV is where I was first introduced to the Michael Mosley programs on INTERMITTENT FASTING.

So, waiting for the whoosh this weekend (love that term!), have a fun weekend everyone ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‰

Day 12 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was a toughie – but I made it! Resolving to be very sensible this weekend.

@at – wishing you a speedy & full recovery ๐Ÿค—

@linda.b – this article re The Glucose Revolution was in today’s UK Mail. Book to be released later this month:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10604793/Change-eat-balance-blood-sugars-says-biochemist-JESSIE-INCHAUSP.html

Have a good weekend everyone โ›…๏ธ ๐ŸŒˆ

Day 12 – Lake district UK – NFD possibly EFS ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good morning everyone

Busy morning in the kitchen yesterday, I baked mini loaves ready for visitors tonight, then helped Mrs I-h-l by prepping food etc while she cooked, got the washing up and tidied the kitchen, so little to do today.

You may have noticed, I’m a bit of a rugby fan, well yesterdays International match Wales V France was edge of the seat stuff ….. hardly touched my beer, great game!

Just as well we did the jobs yesterday, 2 more rugby internationals this afternoon. Second match might just finish around the time our friends arrive ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all.

DAY 12 โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ NFD
    Thank you @funshipfreddie for the link to the UK Mail, very interesting reading. I have suffered from reactive hypoglycaemia every morning for 40 years ie eat breakfast (gluten free cereal – I’m coeliac) then at 10.00am my blood sugar drops alarmingly with shakes, loud tinnitus, brain fog and very hungry.
    So much so, I time my lunch at that time (yes that early!), veg and fish, and then I’m ok till about 3.00pm when I must eat again (usually 2 x cottage cheese & tomato topped rice crackers or a green apple on FD) that will see me through to dinner.
    So after reading all this I think I will change my breakfast to avocado, egg and broccoli to see if it makes a difference to the blood sugar drop.๐Ÿคž
    It’s an experiment so will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow, another NFD day.
    cheers
    Linda

Day 12 – UK – NFD

Thank you for your get well wishes

Woke up this morning feeling a bit rough – just like I have a bad “cold” – taking regular Panadol, throat lozenges and drinking lots of water which resulted in 2 visits to the loo overnight, but slept fairly well in between.

Yesterday ended up as another FD800 – I think drinking so much water blunted my appetite somewhat!

Got invited to join a study with Oxford University called Panoramic for those testing positive – will be on a randomised study of either getting an antiviral tablet or a placebo to take for 5 days – been messaged to say it will arrive today – happy to support if it helps improve care for others in the future ๐Ÿค—

๐Ÿ‰ Really enjoyed the Wales/France Rugby yesterday evening – in the second half Wales held territory and possession dominance, but were thwarted by France’s efficiency at the contact area, they could not break down the French defence. France were forced to adapt their style of play but showed why they are considered the best side in the world atm – really looking forward to the Ireland v England today!

Take care all and stay safe x

Day 12 UK NFD

Have to rush to get stuff done before the Rugby , I agree @i-hate-lettuce & @at cracking game last night

@linda.b – itโ€™s the post after yours I think is spam, I know you are one of the gang

@at – โ˜น๏ธOn the covid news , know quite a few that have tested positive recently and like you all have said very mild or even no symptoms so hope it passes quickly

Have a good one all x

Day 12 Melb Aust CD

Doing okay, despite my ice-cream blip. Have lost 0.6 kg (1.3 lb) so far this month and FINALLY seeing my measurements changing slightly. My clothes have been slightly looser, but no measurement changes until recently. Maybe a weight re-distribution? Whatever, it’s pleasing.

@at, so sorry to read of your Covid infection and symptoms. Hope you start feeling better quickly.

@ccco, are you sure your 3 meals and 2 snacks are the best way to go? I seem to remember Dr Jason Fung (The Obesity Code) saying that wasn’t a good system as it means a person’s insulin stays elevated all day. Irrespective, you’ve been following this WOL for a long time, and know what works best for your body.

@linda.b, I had reactive hypoglycaemia in the mornings for a time years ago, and the solution was to avoid the high carb breakfast of muesli. If possible, either choose something low GI, or find a high protein breakfast you can tolerate. I manage fine on oatmeal with LSA, flaked almonds and sunflower seeds added, though mostly these days, I don’t even eat breakfast, and eat a light lunch around 11:30 – midday. Is there a gluten-free type of oats?

Onward and downwards.

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – OMAD/TRE21-3

Yesterday was such a lovely day. Yes, the late train delayed our trip by four hours, and yes, we were simply driving the unending drive from Denver across the southern part of Nebraska on I-80, and yes, my DD kept apologizing that I’d “had” to do this for her…but for the first time in quite awhile, I had nothing to do, no demands on my time, no pressing to-do list, and simply got to sit next to my two granddaughters in the back seat, and chat with my DD in the driver’s seat. Bliss! And now we’re home and headed to a town an hour away for my MIL to meet the new baby and see DD and the toddler for the first time since a family wedding last summer; another lovely day!

@linda.b I’m looking forward to listening to that podcast next week; so glad so many things are going so solidly for you, and pray the issues you’re facing are resolved nicely. In the meantime, can you send some of your discipline for doing tax paperwork over stateside? I really need to get our own stuff done! (And I was so puzzled about your reassurance to @brightonbelle about your link not being spam, and finally figured out what had you worried: there was a post from someone named @pristine12 and that post WAS spam…not your link. ๐Ÿ˜)

@mariaelena I hope your phone issues can be resolved quickly and cheaply!

@brightonbelle LOL, Pristine really sounded kind and sweet, huh????? Thanks for making the report.

@funshipfreddie Well done on resisting the temptations on your FD, and I’ll read your link next week when I listen to @linda.b’s podcast link.

@i-hate-lettuce Have fun with the rugby matches today, and with your friends this evening!

@at I do hope that feeling rough was true only for this morning and that you’re already better tomorrow. ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿค—

@betsylee How delightful that you’re finally seeing some changes in measurements; a grand sight to see!

Okay, off to get ready to go; have a grand one, everyone!

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 211 lbs. Lowest Saturday weigh-in ever. Unfortunately, not planning another FD until Wednesday, when I’ll do a B2B WFD with Thursday. Have to try to stick to healthy meals for the next four days. I would try to make today a FD, but Saturdays are hard for me, and especially when it’s suddenly turned cold and windy outside.

Day 12 UK NFD TRE
    Got through the FD but like @funshipfreddie did find it a bit tough. Will continue to try to avoid sugar this month, carry on with TRE, eat healthily and will aim to do another FD next week. Still having poor sleep though which is so annoying.
    DH arrived home from his ski holiday this morning and announced he felt really rough. After doing a test it confirmed he has Covid. From his WhatsApp group of ski ing friends itโ€™s transpired that four of them have now tested positive. He has gone to bed – having first made sure the rugby is recording!
    @at : hope you are doing OK and soon feel better.
    @ NorthGeorgia: well done on your lowest Saturday weigh in.
    @stitchincarol : time with grandchildrenโ€ฆ.how lovely! My young granddaughters are all in Dublin and I canโ€™t wait to see them again.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 4 Pennsylvania USA FD
    Today is my second FD since starting IF. I broke my plateau and lost 3.4lbs! Amazing! I know not to expect this kind of loss every week but I am thrilled! Iโ€™m doing a combination of 16:8 and 5:2. So far things are doing great. Lots of warm water on FD and lots of rest. I have a vaccine injury so I am not working right now. I explained early for medical reasons I could only eat 5 foods for four months straight bc everything I ate gave me severe reactions (due to vaccine.) After month four, I could start incorporating my regular diet (which wasnโ€™t always the best.). Sweets are my downfall so itโ€™s better for me to do all or nothing. Low carb helps me maintain so I am sticking with that. I donโ€™t have a lot of activity due to multiple medical issues mostly from my most recent vaccine injury so losing weight on diet alone proved to be challenging. However four days in and 3lbs, Iโ€™ll take it! Victory with fasting! Love this group already. โค๏ธ

DAY 13- Sunday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ NFD
    @caoimhe – I hear you about the sugar cravings (dreadful things!)…. however as this is my second month and have kept to the plan strictly with 5:2 and alcohol free, I can attest that the sugar cravings have diminished quite a bit, so that is an unexpected and needed bonus for me. Anticipating that will be the same for you too! ๐Ÿ˜
    I guess the only way to avoid sugar is to make sure to eat fresh produce where possible. I am avoiding fruit except for 1 green apple daily in the afternoons and sticking to veg, protein with a little carb thrown in.

I always remember the saying that it takes two weeks to make a habit and two days to break it. So, the upshot for me is that since I’ve had more than two weeks without sugar, my cravings have subsided a lot (not completely though!๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข).
    @at- sorry to hear about Covid, not fun, hey!๐Ÿ˜“ I hope you turn a corner with it and come up roses tomorrow๐ŸŒน
    @caoimhe- DH with Covid?…. UH OH! ๐Ÿ˜• – fingers crossed you don’t succumb as well…and he recovers fast.
    @stitchincarol – have to confess I’m hanging my head in shame, haven’t started yet and it’s already Sunday afternoon. I really have lost my will to do it!

Re the Covid in UK, USA & RSA… we are told here in Australia that there is a new sub-variant Omicron BA-2 and “cases could “more than double” in six weeks due to new Omicron sub-variant BA.2″ Is this the current variant in UK, USA & RSA? Any comments about it? They are saying it is MUCH more transmissible.

So tomorrow (Monday) weigh day for me, so am keeping fingers crossed that the “whoosh” arrives tonight and the scales really do go DOWN! ๐Ÿคž

Thank you to all, I read each and every post and am with you all on this downward mission!๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ™

@betsylee -nice to hear about another person who understands the reactive hypoglycaemia in the mornings but forgot to answer: oats are not considered GF in Australia ie “The toxicity of oats for people with coeliac disease is controversial and has led to differing recommendations as to its suitability as part of a gluten free diet.The Australian Food Standard prohibits the use of a โ€˜gluten freeโ€™ claim on oat containing products.”
    Today I swapped GF cereal for a ‘savoury’ breakfast of broccoli, avocado and egg (no toast) – that worked quite well without the rapid glucose spike at 10.00 am. So might stick with that for a while. Trying to keep things simple and just eating fresh produce without too much fuss.

Day 13 Melb Aust CD

Doing okay. According to the scales, I’m now down 1.1 kg on the start of March. Now I just have to maintain the momentum.

@linda.b, good to read that your “savoury” breakfast didn’t induce any hypoglycaemic reactions. Seems like that may be the way to go for you. Pity about oats, though. I wasn’t sure of their gluten status.

@stitchincarol, great for you to have time with DD and grandkids, even if only in a car – and a time-out from responsibilities, bliss!

@caoimhe, sure hope you avoid Covid. What a disappointing end to the skiing holiday for your DH.

@sarahsbold, good to read of your progress – well done. Keep up the good work!
    Just a “housekeeping” note: Because this forum runs each month, we usually count the day from the start of the month, not our own starting day. Like for me in Australia it’s already the 13th, so I write Day 13. Not a big problem, it just helps us all keep track of where the posts are in the month.

Onward and downwards everyone!

@betsylee – you shine girl! Great result!๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ

Day 13 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@linda.b – hypoglycemia is nasty. I had a severe hypoglycemic attack several years ago, & was convinced I was dying for a couple of days. I’d recently given up smoking, but was eating a lot of sugary junk & desserts. The doctor on the ship I was working on at the time could find nothing wrong with me, & gave me seasickness tablets?! I was never officially diagnosed, but I read everything I could get my hands on re hypoglycemia, & it was many months before I felt like I’d fully recovered.

@sarahsbold – congrats on the 3 lb down! ๐Ÿฅ‡

@linda.b – this brief article re the new Omicron variant in S Africa is from last month. Nothing to worry about:
    https://businesstech.co.za/news/trending/556932/new-omicron-variant-nearly-100-dominant-in-south-africa/

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Day 13 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What a day yesterday, incredible Rugby International between England and Ireland. With one player sent off after 80 seconds it made it a very interesting and exciting game! The player sent off was for a dangerous tackle, it was reckless clash of heads rather than deliberate, but such is the law he had to go! The player tackled was replaced after a head injury assessment, rugby governing body is trying to make a tough game safer.
    Our friends timed their arrival for the evening well, game just ended as they arrived. Great evening with them and not quite an EFS evening, but plenty of good food, beer and wine … even more laughs!

A rugby premiership match this afternoon so a walk this morning to blow away the cobwebs first.

Take care all.

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Today’s my brother’s birthday, and my sister-in-law is preparing a meal. Then I have two days of conference, including lunches and dinners. This is entering day 3 of 5 of continuous NFDs, which worries me. Still, I think the conference will be OK, as we’ll be very busy and it should be easy to stick to only mealtimes. I’ll try to check in tomorrow morning before the trip down, but won’t be reporting on Tuesday.

Still some stresses in my life — the part I ordered did not fix what broke down; I just learned that we won’t be able to carryover funds to next year, which stresses payroll even more without additional funding. Anyway, I just have to believe it will all work out.

Day 13 – UK – TDEE

Feeling better today – like I’m at the end of “cold” sore throat is gone but my sinuses are feeling heavy ๐Ÿคง otherwise feel OK in myself……I wonder if the capsules I’m taking as part of the study is actually an antiviral and not the placebo??

OH and I did manage to enjoy our Saturday night meal from Simon Rogan at Home – as I was feeling full I saved my dessert for today – so glad that my taste buds have remained unaffected ๐Ÿ˜‹

Another great afternoon of Rugby yesterday – really glad to see Italy upping their game and they were the better team in the last quarter of the game. In the England v Ireland one – despite losing a man within the starting 2 minutes (a deserved RED card) England defended ferociously but it wasn’t to be. Ireland rode the storm out and came out winners in a surreal, scintillating contest – I bet @i-hate-lettuce @brightonbelle and other keen rugby fans on this forum got as involved as I did!!

On a different sporting note the ๐Ÿ Women’s World Cup has had some enthralling games – England, the defending champions have been beaten by Australia and West Indies so far, and face South Africa on Monday knowing another defeat would push them to the brink of elimination!!

@stitchincarol – time with grandchildren is always a joy and so precious I’m told having none as yet myself
    @northgeorgia – lowest Saturday weigh in ๐Ÿ‘
    @sarahsbold – WOW breaking your plateau with a 3.4lbs loss – great job!!
    @caoimhe – your DH with Covid too!! what a poor end to his skiing holiday – fingers crossed you donโ€™t succumbโ€ฆand he recovers fast. My OH is still symptom free and has tested negative so far…

Take care and stay safe

Day 13 UK NFD

Good to hear youโ€™re on the mend @at , and yes a great weekend for Rugby , next Saturday should be a cracker too

Been very relaxed this weekend ,will be re- setting tomorrow and trying to get back on track ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 6 – 13 – Ireland – EFS, EFS, EFS etc โ›ท๐Ÿ˜‚

Hi everybody!

I hope everyone is well! Checking in after a week of excess but lots of ski fun with friends and family. Fabulous weather and snow – so spoiled after missing last year.

Looking forward to getting back to my routine and reading posts but not to checking the numbers ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Onward and downward again โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Having a grand time with family here, enjoying all the cooking and eating (not so much all the cleaning, but, oh well…), and REALLY looking forward to a WFD on Tuesday, LOL!

@northgeorgia Impressive weigh-in for Saturday!

@caoimhe Oh, I’m sorry to hear about your DH; I hope you are able to avoid it!

@sarahsbold Perhaps you’ll take comfort from the truth many of us have discovered: to use the words of a former member, “You lose weigh in the kitchen; you get fit in the gym.” Given how much work it takes in the gym to burn off only a couple hundred calories, the most the gym does for losing weight is inspire you; if you’re that inspired, then it’s a real shame that you’re so limited, but for you to be focused on diet in order to lose weight, then you’re on the exact correct path. You’re doing great!

@linda.b I FULLY, FULLY, FULLY understand and sympathize with ignoring tax paperwork. You’ll get there! And I haven’t heard a thing about a new variant…

@funshipfreddie You are our go-to guy for current news and interesting articles!

@at I’m really quite indifferent to sports most of the time, and have zero knowledge about rugby. That said? I adore reading your descriptions of games, truly ADORE them, and am so glad you do! And I’m also so happy for you that you’re feeling better.

@jaifaim Welcome back; glad it was a lovely holiday!

Okay, time to cook dinner. I decided to take the steaks out of the fridge so they’d have a chance to come to room temperature before we grilled them…and found they were still frozen, even though I took them out on Saturday morning! That fridge is too stuffed, and there simply wasn’t enough air circulation, I suppose, so DS25 (the chef) and I agreed that sous vide was called for: it would rapidly defrost them and then the frozen steaks wouldn’t be an issue. So I’m off!

DAY 14โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FD

Good morning everyone.. what a great day it is here after weeks of rain; blue skies and the sun has returned (for the moment at least!)๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ. The ground is so soggy, the grass is growing in front of your eyes, lovely barmy 28c. Just wonderful!
    It’s amazing how a little sunshine can affect your mood.

Now, my good news. The Goddess of the Scales shined today too! I’ve dropped a kilo. Last two weeks nothing then today it happened! So 14 days to lose that kilo, but I’ll take it and am encouraged to stay the course. Plateaus begone! Hee hee!

Congratulations to @betsylee too… both of us Aussie gals… we can do it!

Enough of that..now to attack some more of that yummy avocado, mushroom and broccoli๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Day 14, FD, uk

Well done @linda.b ! Congratulationsโ€ฆ great result

Day 14 Pocket List
    @high5

Day 14 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

It’s a lovely, cloudy & cool day in Durban; possibly even rain later ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@stitchincarol – re interesting articles; here’s one from our very own Dr Michael Mosley re a link between gut health & dementia:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10604103/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-looking-gut-protect-brain-dementia.html

We’re almost at the Momentous March half-way mark; let’s make it a good one, Monday fasters! ๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List – Day 14 ๐Ÿฅ‘
    @linda.b
    @high5
    @funshipfreddie

Day 14 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Weigh in: 165

Boo, but then again I was enjoying myself on my weekend away and treated myself to everything, so I can’t expect to lose weight. FD today.

Hope you are feeling better @at, so many people coming down with Covid but thankfully it does not seem to be as harsh as previous strains.

Welcome back @jaifaim.

Have a great Monday. ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Day 14 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Brilliant three days of rugby over the weekend, plus a visit from friends Saturday evening, ready for todays FD and a walk.

Weather not quite as warm this morning, but the birds really full of song as the days are starting to lengthen. Loads of new growth in the garden, small shoots appearing and the daffodils in full flower.

@at – glad to hear your symptoms didn’t seem too bad!
    @linda.b – congratulations on falling off the plateau ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all

Day 14 Pocket List
    @linda.b
    @high5
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply.