M&Ms not the candy Menopause&Middle age

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  YvonneB 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hello from southern california im a middle age menopasual female!!! I diet reguarly 3 day diet smoothie diet oatmeal diet oatmeal water diet they all work temporarily the 5:2 is the most doable im 5″3 146 I started 5:2 8/1/16 lost 2.4 lbs by 8/6/16 mennopause has changed my body weight harder to loose but I like 5:2 its the most realistic way ive ever dieted

kale smoothie I know what you mean I am in menopause and weight loss has been difficult until I started fasting.

Hi Kalesmoothie, I am also a middle aged menopausal woman! Since going through menopause, my weight has started to increase and it has now reached a stage where I can’t ignore it anymore. I’ve tried being good and limiting certain foods etc, but it makes no difference what I eat the scales numbers keep increasing! So today I decided it was time to do something about it before it starts to affect my health. Tomorrow I plan to begin the 5:2 diet – fasting on a Monday & Thursday. After reading yours and Yvonne’s posts I realise my weight loss may be slower than I’d like and 5:2 is my best chance of losing it. Good luck!

Hi,
    Feel the same and very grumpy. Need to take action . Planning to start on Tuesday. Not that easy in a wet November in Scotland. May need your help.

Hello DES and Dancingowl. Menopause has been difficult but weight loss can be achieved. It’s not as easy as it was in our younger years, but this fasting really does help. I started last week and have lost a few pounds. I also like how I feel after cutting back on food. Also, I believe that food actually tastes better on the non fasting days.
    DES: I think Monday and Thursdays are good days to fast. At least for me they are good days. Do you get much physical exercise throughout your day? I have a physical job Monday through Friday, I work in the custodial Department of a school. So I do quite a bit of walking or moving around in the school.
    Dancingowl: Tuesday will be a great day to start! What kind of help do you think you will need? Just support or maybe meal ideas? There are definitely plenty of us here to offer support, meal ideas and whatever else you may need.
    Have a great day!

Hey ladies I am also in my menapause and hypothyroid. Gained 15 lbs and climbing.

I want to do something that will shock my body.

How soon do you see weight come off???

comingbackat41, hello, I lost 5 lbs. right away after starting. Although this may have been water weight, I will take it! This is a great lifestyle and it does help with the menopause weight gain, in my opinion. Some days are still difficult, especially at night. But it does help you to feel better.

So would you all recommend the 5:2 or the every other day fast?
    I want something that will boost me to weight loss.

comingbackat41, it depends on what you will stick with. I started with 5:2 and sometimes do 4:3.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.