Midsummer Challenge

This topic contains 152 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  LynneD 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)

• Well done guys on making it to the finish line!!!

Excellent news on all the weight loss and keeping up your motivation. FF – 8.9 kg is nearly 20lbs right – wow! Floridag1rl –that’s an amazing result!! It’s been really helpful reading all the successes and the struggles with keeping up the challenge. We are all human with and obviously life gets in the way sometimes so it’s good to know that it’s not the end of the world and we haven’t thrown in the towel at the first hurdle. And we are not on our own!

I am with you Lynn. I know I have got a bit to go too so definitely up for your new challenge!! (Do they call it the Equinox in the Autumn? Perhaps we could have a diminishing days challenge?).

Was just reflecting on my past history and struggle with weight issues and have realised it’s pretty simple really – I have put on a stone each decade! I was 8 stone in my 20’s, 9 in my 30’s, 10 in my 40’s and tipped the 11 stone mark in my 50’s! I had managed to lose a bit before joining you all so started this challenge at 10st 11lbs at the beginning of April. I am on my last fast before weigh in so you’ll have to wait till tomorrow to see whether I have managed to turn the clock back a decade. Fingers crossed but I would be really happy with a 7lb loss like sweettooth!

Tomorrow …. Dx

Hello everyone. I’m really impressed with how well we’ve all done and happy that some of you want to continue- great idea, Lynne.
    Lynne, you have had done so well and must be noticing a big difference. We have a similar amount of weight to still lose and I think and it’s very useful to work with people with similar targets.

Sweettooth – you have worked so hard at keeping 7 lbs off and getting back on plan when life has got in the way. That shows real resolve so I’m sure you’ll get there in the end.

Duds- fanatstic results so far (and good luck for te weigh-in tomorrow). You have really helped me by thinking about long term goals.

Floridag1r1- again, fantastic work in continuing to lose weight at a nice steady rate since 1st January. 23lbs is a lot!

I’m on a FD today but will have to aim for about 600 calories. We have guests and I couldn’t escape eating at lunch time. I skipped breakfast and I won’t eat tonight apart from cups of tea.

I think you’re right about the equinox, Duds and if it’s OK with you, I’ll start a new ‘diminishing days thread’ so that new people feel able to join our merry throng, if they wish to. It’s been great to have done this together and I look forward to getting together on the new thread for more mutual support.

Hi Guys

Well I finally weighed myself and I am happy to report I am back to my early 40’s (if only!!) – 10 stone 2 lbs. Not going to lie, I was hoping to get under the 10 stone mark. I am back to the weight I was 10 years ago and remember trying – without success – to get under 10 stone then! But still, I am happy with 9 lb in 11 weeks and it gives me something to aim for in our next challenge – if you don’t mind setting it up FF I will be happy to join. Look forward to seeing you soon for Diminishing Days – let’s see what more we can achieve! I’d really like to be 30 again …. 😉

Dx

Diminishing days equinox challenge sounds great – thought solstice didn’t sound quite right but got caught up in alliteration with Sept & slimming!!

Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)

You must be logged in to reply.