Midsummer Challenge

This topic contains 152 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  LynneD 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 154 total)

• Hi guys

Was away for an extended weekend so it’s been damage limitation for me this week! I only managed one fast day but l guess that’s better than nothing! My fast day yesterday seemed so much harder and it would have been easy to not do it all this week but l read all your posts and it gave me a bit of determination! Out came the blender and hearty veg soup got me through! Keetseels l did a Zumba class on very little food yesterday and l actually feel better for it. Maybe try and plan so you have some calories about an hour before you go? I had a poached egg and spinach as a late breakfast, an apple and a couple of rice cakes before l went and soup for supper. I wasn’t too bad although l am so looking forward to my breakfast this morning ….. !!!
    Have a good weekend everyone 🙂
    D x

Happy Friday everyone.

f&f – I haven’t done great since being back home, but I haven’t done horribly either. I went a little over on my FD. I know exactly what you mean, “I’ve blown my diet so I’ll eat everything I see mode” Thankfully that has not happened…but I did gain about 1.5 lbs. That should make me remain very mindful of my eating over the weekend. We can blame this week’s mishaps on the full moon. LOL 😀

It is really cool hearing about your cycling tours.

I hope that you all have a very nice weekend.

Hello everyone

End of another week and hopefully we’re all a bit further on the journey…
    F&F:great hearing about your cycle tour and the upward progress of the Armani jeans!

Sweettooth, I’m with you on the ‘blip’ this week, chocolate cake at a friend’s house was just too hard to resist. I am repeating Michael Moseley’s statement that ‘treats and the occasional slice of pie’ are OK…

…and on that note, roll on the treats this weekend (within TDEE…maybe) – can’t celebrate the Eurovision song contest without treats!!!

Hello everyone. I hope you’re all having a good weekend. It sounds as if we’ve all had some difficulties this week and are all trying hard to get back on track. Maybe you’re right about the moon, Floridag1r1! I was out out Thursday evening and gave in to an extra slice of brioche and an extra glass of wine. Friday lunchtime picnic was all OK ( no bread, no alcohol) as I’d planned the food with a couple of friends but Friday evening’s meal out was definitely O.T.T. The only saving graces were that I’d volunteered to drive so I only drank water and I gave three quarters of my dessert to my husband (chocolate profiteroles!)I also ate a twix in the afternoon and wished I hadn’t.

Anyway, to try to make amends, I did a 56km bike ride yesterday afternoon (very hilly, 643m height gain) and I’m doing a FD today. It might seem crazy on a Sunday but our son is coming tonight and is staying for a week so there will be more ‘treats’ on offer than usual. We’re going out to friends tomorrow evening so that stops my usual Monday FD. Hopefully I won’t have gained weight when I weigh in. I know you are supposed to be able to eat normally on the 5 NFDs but my normal must have been way too much for me to have put on all this extra weight so I’m trying to re-educate my taste buds, stomach capacity and expectations of what normal is.

I mentioned my target to be able to wear jeans again. Does anyone else have any particular item of clothing they want to be able to wear again?

I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and I look forard to hearing from you.

Hi firmandfruity, I think my target is also to get into a nice pair of jeans. That would be lovely. And also to be able to choose clothes I like rather than on the basis of whether they are long enough to cover my bum!

I only lost one lb last week after a few blips but in total I’ve lost 5lbs in just over two weeks which I think is fine. I probably lost a lot of water the first week but I’m hoping now I’m loosing fat. I’m away for a few days next week and it will be impossible for me to fast so I’m planning to do alternate fasting this week. I had a surprisingly successful FD yesterday and will try to fast again tomorrow, Thursday and Saturday. I may be being a little optimistic but we’ll see..

I hope you’re still going well Duds. I completely agree that these posts are very encouraging. Without them I think I would have given up by now (after a couple of bad days) and succumed to eating everything in sight. I’m with you Floridag1rl – definitely the moon to blame.

LynneD, I hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed the Eurovision. I didnt see it but caught the winning song which I thought was lovely.

Good luck this week to everyone.

Good morning all…
    FD

sweettooth – it sounds like you are doing great! Just keep it going.

f&f – it sounds like you have a busy week ahead. I am right there with you on the eating “normally” on NFDs…obviously my norm was way too much…I am also learning how to eat “normally” I was a terrible binger…slowly but surely learning not to do that anymore.

I bought a bathing suit quite a few years back…with the intention to lose weight…I didn’t lose the weight, and was never able to wear the suit…it would be quite something if I were able to wear that bathing suit. Maybe this Summer!

I think that this will be a much better week…fasting today…and exercise!

Hello everyone. It’s really good to hear how you’re getting on.

Sweettooth, I’m glad we have a similar target with the being able to wear nice jeans. It will be good to compare progress. Floridag1r1, that swimsuit sounds like the perfect motivator to keep going with the plan, too. I have horrible memories of wobbling down the beach to the sea last summer which I have no wish to repeat. Ever.

Lynne and Duds, it sounds as if you’re both fighting back to keep on track after last week’s ‘full moon blip’. Well done for sticking with it.

I weighed in this morning ( a day early because I did a FD yesterday) and am very happy to have lost another 1.1kg which means a total of 6.2kg in 2 months exactly. I feel very motivated this week which is good beacuse there are a lot of temptations which I need to plan FDs around. I hope you all have a great week.

f&f – You are doing great! Nice to hear about your success…it helps to motivate me…especially with the exercise. Keep up the good work!

I had a good fasting day … but I was so tired after work, I did not exercise. 🙁 Hopefully today I can muster up the determination to exercise.

Stay focused everyone…Summer is coming! 🙂

Hi firmandfruity, yes I look forward to the day you can tell me your wearing nice jeans and I can tell you the same. I expect you will be ahead of me but all very inspiring so I’m happy with that.

Likewise Floridag1rl – happily wearing a swimming costume would indeed be quite something. It’s great to have these goals to think about on difficult days.

I had a FD yesterday and I seem to have got used to them so found it fairly easy. Lots of water when hungry seems to be a key, as does planning ahead. I actually find the NFDs harder but am trying not to overeat and I have found the FDs reduce my appetite on the NFDs.

Good luck all!

Good morning guys

I have been meaning to log in all week but it’s been a manic one which, on the plus side, means it was a good one food wise. Thankfully I had pre-prepared some soup for the freezer so I didn’t suffer from my usual ‘lack of planning/grab whatever crap is available in the fridge’ habit. Planning is definitely a great help when dieting and I am not always the most organised of people so am pleased I got through this week successfully. Sweettooth you seem to be going great guns – have people noticed your weight loss yet? That’s always a positive step I think!! I went to Zumba last night and though I actually noticed a bit of shape returning – I am sure I could detect in the mirror a waist starting to emerge. I am still dreaming about that thigh gap like the lady on the other forum but my thighs haven’t seen daylight since 1978!

F&F – apart from the swimming costume crisis which kicked this whole thing off, I would love to get into a ‘posh frock’ I have had hanging in the wardrobe for several years. It’s a very simple, classic, long, straight with a split up the front, black number and I bought it for my 40th (which was a good few years ago now!). I was quite fit and a lot slimmer at the time – was running a lot and had done an intensive gym induction programme. I can remember seeing this dress in the shop window and falling in love with it but I never thought it would fit me. The joy when the shop assistant persuaded me to try it one and said “I think we need to take it in a little bit at the waist”. OMG it was like winning the lottery!!! Anyway, due to one thing and another I never wore it and it is still hanging there in its plastic wrapper! Even if I do manage to get in to it I am not sure I will ever go to a posh enough ‘do’ to wear it but maybe I’ll post a photo of me doing the hoovering wearing it!!!

Have a great weekend all – your motivation is keeping me going!

D x

Hello everyone. I can’t believe it’s Friday again. This week has flown by for me and it’s not been easy diet-wise. I did a FD on Sunday before we picked our son up from the airport and we’ve had various meals out, dinner with friends etc. I’ve managed things by not eating breakfast, only eating dessert once (friend’s birthday cake) and eating small portions and doing 3 good bike rides e.g 947 calories burned this morning. I would be surprised to have lost weight this week but we’re having a lovely time with our son.

We went to the beach on Tuesday and I wore shorts which were new last year and they were too big! I pulled them tighter round the waist with the drawstring but they did look very baggy! Very soon, I will have to get some new ones or might even fit into some old ones. YES! I did try on some summer clothes a couple of days ago when it was 33c and a couple of things fit which I wasn’t able to get into last year; a nice linen dress and a wrapover skirt. I’m hoping to be able to wear jeans by the autumn when the weather cools off again.

Duds, you are going to look amazing in your beautiful posh frock. You must show us a picture when the day comes.

Sweettooth and I will be rocking our jeans and Floridag1r1 will be looking god in her swimsuit.

I hope you all have a great weekend and good luck with your weigh ins.

Hello ladies…
    It sounds like everyone is doing well this week.

sweettooth – it sounds like you are in the groove. I also noticed that my appetite isn’t as great after a fasting day.

Duds – good job with the planning. I’m glad to hear that you are starting to see some results.

f&f – It sounds like you are having a lovely time visiting with your son…enjoy every minute.

I did have 2 good fasting days this week…so I have taken off the weight from my beach weekend…work has been so rough this week, I never mustered the energy to exercise….hopefully over the weekend I’ll get back into the swing of it. Have a great weekend all.

Hi all

Thanks for all the encouragement. Unfortunately, I have fallen out of the groove Floridag1rl – a house suddenly full of teenagers and food! Tomorrow I go away for a few days break and it will be impossible to stick to plan. I will try to be modest though and will be right back on board on return…

Good luck to you all, the way you persevere is very impressive and encouraging.

Monday, again…

I did very well food-wise over the weekend…no binging or snacking. I am fasting today…and hopefully will get back to the exercising this week.

Have great week everyone 🙂

Hello all,
    Good news on the shorts F&F! And Floridag1rl too – hope the exercising works out for you this week. Had a frustrating week of no weight loss despite doing 3 fast days….grrr. Think it may be lack of exercise as I had a load of sewing to do, so lots of sitting down…
    Ah well, I guess at least the scales were static, not moving upwards!
    Duds – that thigh gap is my new motivation!!

Have a good week folks.

Nice to hear from you Lynne…You are right…no upward movement of the scale is a good thing.

FD #2 today…and I am getting back into the exercise.

I hope that you are having fun, sweettooth.

Hi guys

Friday again! How are you all doing? From reading the posts I wonder if a bit of mid diet dip is beginning to creep in? The euphoria of the initial weight loss is wearing off and it is becoming a bit of a trial especially when the scales are frustratingly stuck on the same point.

Next week is going to be a challenging one for me – another bank holiday, friends visiting and (OMG how will I cope – no Zumba!)

Time to take a look at how far we have all come and how far we have to go. There are only just over three weeks left till midsummer if I have my dates right so not many fast days to go. Perhaps we should refocus on our goals and ask ourselves the following questions:

• If I stop my diet, how will I look in six months or one year from now?
    • If I stop my diet, how will I feel in six months or one year from now?
    • If I stop my diet, what will my health be like?

Imagine how you will feel if you achieve that goal and treat it like a business objective. Take a few minutes to create strategies for the remaining fast days and plan how you will achieve them. Come on – you guys have done amazingly so far and you can so do this …… !!!

Have a great weekend.

D x

Hi everyone. Thank you, Duds for your inspiring post. A great idea to focus on what you want to be like in 6 months. I’ve just got back from visiting my mum where I can’t get internet access so I’ve been out of touch. I weighed in on Tuesday the same as the previous week but have eaten more than I would have normally at mum’s and then had a wonderful but calorific meal on the ferry back home! However, this is a minor blip on the long road to being slimmer and healthier in the near future. I have quite a lot more weight to lose but have to live my life as well or it’s just not sustainable. I have lost a fraction over 6kg so far and some clothes are getting looser! I head off on a big cycle trip on Tuesday so will have intermittenet wifi access. With several hours cycling every day, I should burn off more than I eat but it always takes a few days for things to settle down so I might have lost a little more by midsummer day. I’m going to eat carefully this weekend, in preparation for the bike trip. Have a great weekend and let us all know how you’re doing.

Great post Duds!

We have a holiday on Monday here in the US…this is going to mess up my routine for next week. My weightloss this month is not going to be as good as previous months…with the holidays, breaks in my routine, and not keeping up with the exercise…but I am looking toward the future and I intend to make June a great month!

I hope that you have a safe and enjoyable trip f&f.

Good morning everyone. Just a quick check-in. I weighed the same this week but TBH I haven’t really been on plan. I’m all packed and the bike is on the bike rack ready to go to the station for this year’s big bike trip. We have 4 trains to catch, a bike ride across Paris and a change at Milan at 6a.m all before the cycling starts. Big adventure!
    I’ll try to keep in contact. Not long until midsummer now so I hope you’re all doing FDs and will lose more weight by 21st June.

Hi all

So good to read all your thoughts and updates again. I’ve been on holiday for a few days and came home to a house full of hungry people so food everywhere! I’ve been off the 5:2 for around 10 days and feel a little disheartened though I’m planning a FD tomorrow and Friday and hoping not to look back.

I didnt overeat on my break but I noticed I felt much less energetic when I was off the plan. I’m looking forward to getting back to it though I’m a little anxious about staying on it now I’ve broken the initial momentum. (There seems to be a kind of magical thinking involved in all this.) So I shall plan tomorrow’s food exactly, make sure to exercise and drink a lot of water – and keep reading your comments.

Duds – I really appreciated your thoughts about keeping on when beginning to flag. I hope you had a good BH weekend.

Thanks everyone for your updates. I hope you all have a good week.

Good morning everyone…

I’m coming back full-force this week!
    Especially after seeing f&f’s reminder that June 21st is not that far off.
    I would still like to lose another 10lbs before my vacation in August.
    I know what you mean, sweettooth, I feel like I’ve lost a little momentum…maybe if I get a really good fasting day and exercise…I will be able to get back in the groove.

I am fasting today and when I get home, I will hit the treadmill and do some weights.

Good luck with your plans this week, fellow fasters. 🙂

How is everyone doing?

My weigh-in for May was a little disappointing…only a 3lb loss for May…but I do have an idea what was going on…I had fewer fasting days and pretty much no exercise…so at least I know how to correct it.

FD #2 today and exercise.

I hope that you are have a wonderful trip f&f!

Let’s make June a wonderful month ladies!

Good morning everyone

So, the final May weigh-in was worthwhile – 7lbs down from the end of April. Not as much as I would have liked, but going in the right direction.

My goal for June is to drop another 7lb and exercise lots more. The motivation is that this will (just!) take me out of the ‘overweight’ BMI into the healthy range.

Good to read all your posts Sweettooth, Duds, Floridag1rl, F&F! Go girls! We can do it!

Lynne, a 7 lb loss is great! I have a little further to go than you do to get to a “normal” BMI, I have about 15lbs to go…but I am feeling confident that if I keep doing what I am doing, I will get there…slowly, but surely. If I work the program, it works. 🙂

I hope that everyone is ready for a sensational June!
    Have a great weekend, everyone! 🙂

Hi all, so good to read your successes. Keep going! I had a good FD yesterday and will try another one today as I’m trying to make up for the week or so off the plan.

I’ve noticed that I ACTUALLY FEEL better on and after the FDs but I THINK I feel better when I eat comfort food (sugar and carbs). I guess this is a long standing bad habit – I need to somehow break the connection between comfort food and comfort, because actually when I eat rubbish I generally feel pretty rubbish soon after.

Oh well, onwards…

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Hello everybody. Well done to Lynne for losing 7lbs and to Fliridag1r1 for 3lbs. Our cycling tour is going very well. Today we cycled from Switzerland to Austria then Italy. It was 47 km and we cycled over 2 Alpine passes but took a bike bus over the biggest one. Feeling very tired and tomorrow is around 65km. Have a great weekend and be good!

Hi Guys

Well it’s the last challenge month so lets go for it! The bike trip sounds amazing F&F – definitely doing something positive, healthy and good for the soul!

LynnD 7lb is a very good and noticeable weight loss. Don’t be disheartened – imagine how you would feel if you put 7lbs on!!

Well done sweettooth for getting back on it and I agree with you about feeling better when you are on plan. I notice that my joints aren’t as creaky when I go out with the dog these days and I also have a hiatus hernia which is definitely a lot less noticeable. With regards to bad eating habits I have used some of Amelia Freer’s (Eat Nourish Glow) philosophy to try and correct some of mine (and I had a fair few!). She is a great believer in not trying to change everything at once. Focus on one habit at a time. Work out your diet weak spot and give it up. Once you have successfully managed that, give up something else! She says a lot of other things too (mainly around not eating convenience food) but you can Google them.

Floridag1rl – sure you will achieve your goal as you are doing well – we all have weeks where things just don’t go to plan but you haven’t let it knock you off track! Just think of that bathing suit …..!

Keetseel – how are you doing? Haven’t heard from you for a little while?

Have a great weekend ☺

D x

Duds – thanks for the advice. I will google. FD today and going well. Avoiding carbs does seem to help. Carbs are definitely a weak spot.

Good luck to you all.

Hello andI hope you’re all having a good weekend. Yesterday’s ride turned out to be 75km because of various diversions and it was very hilly and about 33c. This morning, we’ve cycled 69km and reached 28 km per hour on the flat so lots of calories burned.

I’m certainly gettting enough exercise! I’m being careful to eat well and have had a few treats but no rubbish and only 1 glass of wine pèr evening.. I hope the scales show a loss when I get home.

It sounds like everyone is doing well.
    f&f, you are awesome! I hope that you are having fun!
    Glad to hear from you, D…as always thanks for passing along interesting and helpful information.

Let’s have a great week!

Hello all,

Hope you’re all doing well? It’s been a gloomy week weather-wise here in the UK and along with a summer cold I was feeling a bit blue, not very motivated, trying to stick with the basic plan, but sneaking rather more cheese and peanuts than I should…

My motivation is back in force this morning though. I managed to get into a pair of jeans that 6 weeks ago wouldn’t go past the thighs, let alone do up. Phew, just as well too, as the only 2 pairs of jeans that would fit me were wearing a bit thin – and I was refusing to buy more in that size!

Interestingly it seems that walking seems to correlate with ‘good weight loss weeks’ for me…nothing vastly energetic, just brisk walking to town instead of driving, especially on a fast day. Must get the fat stores starting to break down.

Thanks for the interesting posts Duds, I enjoyed reading Amelia Freer’s blog.

Good luck all in the last 2 weeks to midsummer!!

Hello everyone . Not long until midsummer so I hope you’re all doing well. I’ve arrived in Venice after 9 solid days cycling! The last 2 days were hard; 85 km up very big hills (600m) in 31c and yesterday 88km. I’ve obviously needed to eat much more than usual but have eaten healthily. I’ve toned up a lot but will find out on Monday night when I get home if I’ve lost any weight. Good luck over the weekend and yes, I am going to walk away from the gelato..

Hi Guys

I was feeling a bit low and struggling this week so have been trawling the internet for some inspiration! I came across these articles which show some fantastic results, inspirational stories and some great before and after visuals which are always good to see!

https://www.fastday.com/category/success-stories/
    (I am just like Jane in the blue stripy top – not weighing myself and not telling anybody – who do you relate to ….?)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2899611/Flat-tummies-five-half-stone-lost-year-transformed-health-inspiring-Fast-Diet-success-stories-ever.html

I was interested to read the amount of people doing this diet who have rediscovered flat tummies – even in their 50’s/60s. I thought that once you reached a certain age and post child birth a flat tummy was pretty nigh on impossible! I would love to keep going and see if I can achieve it – and a thigh gap – just imagine!!! (sorry I am a bit obsessed about the possibility of that thigh gap).

It is true I think Lynne about exercising on a fast days – I’ve read it can lead to better metabolic rate and means your body is forced to burn fat stores rather than using energy recently consumed from food. I think so long as you are not running a marathon or doing an intensive Insanity-type workout you should be fine! I think I said that I do my fasts on days when I have an evening exercise class just so it means I am busy and not sitting around thinking about food.

I hope the scales are good to you F&F after all that cycling but you must be building up muscle too so perhaps the tape measure would be a better friend than the scales?

So – nearly there and I think everybody has noticed a positive difference even if we haven’t all been complete angels all of the time. When you think of the time it has taken out of our total lives and look at how far we have come I think it is quite amazing!

Have a good weekend everyone
    Dx

Hello everyone…

I’m with you, Duds…feeling overworked and a bit low…I did manage 2 FDs this week…not so much on the exercise. I’ll have to check out those links you posted…maybe they will help me. Thanks for that last bit, Duds…you are right, we should focus on the positives. 🙂

f&f, I bet you look great! All of that exercise! Wonderful!

Lynne…WTG fitting into those jeans…it IS very motivating…keep up the good work!

Work has been crazy for me this week…has given me an excuse to skip the exercise…hoping to remedy that next week.

Have a lovely weekend…let’s come back strong on Monday. 🙂

FD … who’s joining me?

Let’s all have a good week!

Hello folks,

Thanks for the great posts Duds and Floridagirl! Seems we’ve all been struggling with motivation recently…

Duds, I’m relating to Jane too on https://www.fastday.com/category/success-stories/ My weight has just crept up over the years into the ‘overweight’ BMI category and it was the shock of not being able to get into smart suits in April for a big international meeting that really kick-started my search for a solution, along with looking at holiday photos from last year and not liking what I saw.

So, a week into June and I’m now down 10lbs from the end of April. I am very happy indeed and within 2lbs of the upper limit of a healthy BMI. I still have a long way to go as I would like to lose another 20lbs to get into the middle of the healthy BMI range (and regain access to a large % of my wardrobe!).

Thigh gap is my big motivation too Duds. I have a “Mind the Gap” fridge magnet now!

Best of luck all

Hello everyone. I’m back from the cycle tour. We cycled a total of 588km and quite a bit of it was very hilly and seriously hard work but I loved it. I have only lost 1.2 kg but will do measurements later as I feel and look quite a bit slimmer and definitely more toned. Also, when walking around Venice (16km), I was wearing a linen dress and my thighs didn’t rub together! Very pleased as this was one of my primary motivators. I am also now out of the ‘obese’ category on BMI charts so I’m just overweight.

We ate quite a lot whilst away as we were using between 1600 and 3000 extra calories per day above normal requirements but I ate very healthily: no ice cream, cakes, chocolate,biscuits etc and 1 glass of wine per day. I did eat bread, butter, pasta, chicken, fish, eggs, veg, fruit, nuts, seeds and a lot of fruit. However, I now have to get back on plan with FDs 🙂

Lynne, you are doing brilliantly. Getting into your jeans must have been a wonderful feeling.

It’s now only 8 days until midsummer day which is maybe 3 FDs so let’s all see what we can achieve in this final burst!

Well done to all you you for what you’ve done so far and let’s all see what we can do before next Wednesday.

Congratulations F&F! Great milestone there! Your cycling holiday sounds impressively healthy too.

Hello everyone. Is anyone else doing a FD today? It might be difficult as I’ve been eating a lot on holiday so I’ll have to keep busy and drink a lot of water.

Only 3 FDs to go until midsummer day weigh-in so I’ve got to get back on plan 100%. I’m going to London from Thursday night until Sunday night to stay with my daughter and grandson so I’ve warned her that I’m following 5:2. Travelling days are difficult but with evening flights it should be OK as I can eat before travelling.

Good luck with your FDs.

I’m with you f&f…I am fasting today. That’s right stay busy and drink lots of water…we can do this!

I hope that you have safe travels…and have fun! 🙂

Hello Floridag1r1. Nice to hear from you and I’m glad to have you doing a FD too.

What are you doing to keep your mind off food? I’ve done 3 hours gardening, again. There’s a lot to do after being away but it’s too hot now (31c) so I’m drinking tea and I’ll do some tidying in the house. Later on, I’ll pick some more fruit: raspberries, blackcurrants and gooseberries before the birds get them.

Have fun and yes, we can do this!

Hi Guys

So, now the end is near and we face our final fast week ……. Although, for me, I am not sure it will be the final one. I am thinking I might carry on and see whether the elusive thigh gap is achievable (I need one of those fridge magnets Lynne to keep me motivated!) I will do two fast days next week and post the results on Friday. I am hoping for good news although I do think the weight loss has slowed down now – maybe because I have been a bit too relaxed about my fast days. I don’t weigh my food or strictly count calories – I can’t be doing with thinking about it all the time – it makes me far too obsessive! However, I have kinda got into a routine with it now and I know it has made a bit of a difference so I am happy with that!

I am looking forward to hearing all your results and experiences with the diet next week. How many of you will continue after this challenge has finished?

See you at the finish line ….

Duds x

Hi everyone. How are you getting on this weekend? I’m in London, staying with may daughter (and grandson) and I’m in charge of the cooking to give her a break so I have no excuses. Things are going pretty well with a lot of walking and no alcohol. It’s really warm and humid so I’ve lost my appetite for stodgy or greasy food. Like you, Duds, I will be carrying on after midsummer day. I’ve lost 7.5 kg so far and possibly a little more by Wednesday but I still have quite a way to go. I actually like the feeling of going to bed almost hungry and have definitely feel better for having done this. Not sure how much more I will try to lose as I don’t want to look gaunt or wrinkly and it’s a difficult balance to strike as you approach 60. So, I’ll probably aim for the very top of ‘healthy’ on the BMI charts bearing in mind I have more muscle than the average 59 year old woman from exercise. I still have a lot of clothes I can’t wear, including the jeans I mentioned earlier on in the challenge. I did 2 FDs last week- one really well and the other not exactly but will be doing Monday again.

I’d love to hear how you’re doing and am looking forward to hearing our final check-ins next week.

Hello everyone. How are you all doing after the weekend? Is anyone else doing a FD today? I ended up eating very badly while waiting at Gatwick; low calorie prawn sandwiches (good), a peach (good), cherry tomatoes (good), crisps (not so good), large glass of red wine (not good) and about half a packet of biscuits (terrible). I don’t know what got into me and I didn’t particularly enjoy them.
    Anyway, what’s done is done and a couple of FDs and exercise should undo the damage.
    It’s going to be about 36c here today so I won’t feel like eating much. The big challenge will be to drink enough water. I find ‘tea’ such as fennel or 3 ginger are good to have so will have some of that, too.
    Good luck to all of us for our last few days of this challenge.

Hi all

Good to see your updates. I’ve had a really busy couple of weeks with lots of people around and lots of cooking – so not done great but I have managed to maintain my weight.

FD today and very hot will be drinking lots of water and reducing carbs. I will be continuing after Wednesday as a long way to go but it’s been great to follow your stories.

Good luck today everyone.

Hello everyone. Well, here we are on Midsummer day. Time has cetainly flown by since this challenge started and I’m so glad I’ve done it. I have lost a total of 8.9kg so I’m very happy with that but will continue as I have more to lose. It’s not going to be easy because we have a lot of visitors all over summer and have a busy social life but I will make it work.
    We go away on holiday in September which gives me another target to work towards and of course, there are many items of clothing which I shall look forward to wearing again as well.
    Thank you to all of you who’ve joined me on this challenge and I’m looking forward to hearing your final check-in. Good luck to all of you and I hope you reach your goals.

Congratulations F&F on your achievement – 8.9kg lost is really amazing! Good luck with the new September target!

I’ve lost 12lbs since the start of the challenge (about 5kg I think), and very happy with that. I still have another 20lb to go to get back to my pre-kids weight. Maybe doable, maybe not, but I’m encouraged to have a go.

Anyone fancy starting a new challenge for Sept.21? Slimming for the Solstice?!

Well done all of you! I am so impressed with your successes and stories. I began the diet well but then lost my resolve as I had so many social events and meals. Nonetheless I have kept off the 7lbs I lost so am very pleased. Today another fast day so I am back on the plan.

Firmandfruity – that is a fantastic success. I’m so impressed and you have given me the encouragement I need to carry on.

LynneD – a huge well done too. I’m definitely up for a September challenge but will meanwhile try to keep up with FDs through July and August. I just have to learn to accommodate social occasions and not let them put me off the rest of the week. This should be easy with this plan. I guess I just have to change the way I think.

Thanks so much for this forum.

I’m sorry that I haven’t been here in a few days…I’ve been struggling a bit with my FDs and with my exercise.

f&f…you have had magnificent results! I know that you are going to be so happy when you go on holiday.

Lynne, you have had fabulous success also…keep it going…I’m up for keeping the group together…I’ve go another 20 lbs to lose as well.

sweet…keeping that 7 lbs off is a success…and getting back on the plan is key…my resolve has been slipping too. I’ve got 5 weeks ’til my holiday…I need to really stick with it until them.

I started back on January 1st…and I am showing a 23 lb loss so far.
    I’m so glad that you started this post and glad that I joined…it has been nice to get to know you a bit. I am all in to stay with you as we continue on our journey.

Good day all. 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 154 total)

You must be logged in to reply.