Mid Seventies – Better late than never

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi, I am a 75 year old retired male living in Thailand. I say retired but I’m working as an English teacher. Anyway, I couldn’t get into my kilt for a formal celebration a few weeks ago and it seemed like the end of life as a once knew it. I have no idea what my vital statistics were when I last wore the kilt as it was quite a few years ago. At the time of the disaster, my weight and waist were 90kg and 107cm respectively. I immediately started dieting on the kind of diet that keeps you feeling hungry all the time. After a couple of weeks I gave up. I was moaning about it to a friend who introduced me to the 5:2 Fast Diet and I have been on it since mid March 2017.

So far, I have found the two FD’s, breakfast and dinner regime, up to 600cals a day, just so easy. On NFD’s, I count cals out of interest only and deny myself nothing. I drink beer or wine everyday according to the dictates of my social activities.

I have confessed that my initial interest was driven by my concern about my physical appearance. Surprised? Vanity lasts a lifetime for many of us! However, in reading the 5:2 Fast Diet, I was reminded of the need to take care of my health in general. Therefore, I started doing light exercise in a local gym on both FD’s and one other day. I don’t workout particularly hard because I am actually trying to get smaller! In fact, I doubt that the gym is contributing much to the dramatic loss of weight which I will now come to.

At my last weigh in, I was 84kg, a massive drop of 6kg since beginning. My waist measurement was 104cm, down 3cm.

Naturally, I am delighted and I am determined to stay on the 5:2 Fast Diet for the long term. Don’t laugh!

If there are any other coffin dodgers out there, please share your experiences.

@nut_cracker you could join the April challenge if you want, then you could keep us young ones in shape. At lot of us haven’t hit 60 yet.

I hit 106kg before I started eating less and moving more. I did that for 3 years and did get down to 94kg and wow, I felt horrible. Last year I cut refined sugar, added more fruits, added more vegetables, reduced my exercise, upped my exercise intensity and start fasting. I feel great now compared to what I did and I’m down around 14kg more. (Hard to say it bounces around a bit.) My waist is now less than 1/2 my height!!! It was about 2/3rds my height when I started.

I had to buy new pants twice. I don’t have the brass to try and wear a kilt!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.