Mid-60s. Canadian. Monday & Thursday fasting. No excuses.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Mid-60s. Canadian. Monday & Thursday fasting. No excuses.

This topic contains 361 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  grburgess 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 363 total)

• You can count me in too, I think I’m close to doing that already, although I’m a bit confused about the TDEE and how it works. It’s nice to hear everyone’s progress, Canadians and our other friends too. ET64, I’m sure we all have those lapses – family events and work, etc. This gives us the chance to make up for those times.
    MaryWW, I was looking at the Fitbit today but wanted to do some more research. How are you finding it? I think I’ve decided to get one. I luckily don’t have arthritis so don’t have to worry about that.
    My weight is down this week a little but I want to lose more than that. My problem right now is that I’m not getting enough exercise. The Fitbit will spur me on I’m sure.
    Another Fast Day almost over!

Great article, simcoeluv. Thank you. My TDEE on both Mayo site and this one is around 1900, which isn’t a killer. But I’m sure I’ve often been exceeding it on my non-fast days.

Welcome to the challenge, Kathcan! I’m liking the FitBit (and managed to snap it on my wrist myself today!). It is spurring me to keep moving, but it’s also made me aware that on days when I don’t get out, I only walk about 1500 steps. Which tells me that I have to get out of the house every day or I will turn into a potato. 🙂 Today I walked up to Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up a prescription, and discovered that I had only walked 2500 of my 5000 steps, so I walked about another 2 or 3 k just to make my wrist-band buzz (the reward for reaching your goal. Very startling the first few times it happens!) I would never have done that extra walk if I weren’t wearing it, and it was a great way to kill an hour of my fast day. I don’t think it records things like exercycling or other workouts at the Y that don’t involve walking or running, but you can add them into the dashboard in a separate place. I am impressed with people that are regularly hitting 10,000 steps a day. They must be a) chasing young children around and/or b) spending two hours a day just walking!

I am using the FitBit food log and it has most foods in it so it’s pretty easy to just keep track of everything there. The dashboard is cool and easy to use.

Faedawn, to get rid of diabetes: That is so amazing and great! I have a couple of friends who need to do this, but you can only lead horses to water, I guess.

Hi,

Kathcan, I have been reading a little more about the TDEE, because I want to be true to our one-week mini-pledge:) (Basically I think it is all energy expended for the day, an estimate of course.) However, I am beginning to see why it is so hard to lose weight quickly…because I am just 5’3″, and am just trying to lose 15 lbs, my TDEE is pretty close to what many consider to be a diet anyway:(
    But, I am thinking about following the TDEE that would be right for my goal weight, instead of what’s quoted for now. Not a whole lot of difference, but might make a difference over time. I do exercise regularly, so could justify “light active”. I will do that on my non FD’s this week. I am willing to accept slow loss, any loss is welcome! And good for you, MaryW, for the extra walking!
    Fasted successfully today- 500 cals and no wine:) Six days left in the mini-challenge!
    Go Canada!
    xo ET

Hi everyone

I think that Maddie might be spamming this website, as the same message has appeared on multiple threads. And I would caution against clicking on the URL that she has quoted in her post.

Cheers, Bay

I found an amusing article about Fitbit. It’s by a New Yorker journalist and he rambles on about other things too but it’s mainly about his experience with Fitbit and worth reading the whole article – very humourous. I hope this link works if you are interested.
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/06/30/stepping-out-3

I had a bad night last night, couldn’t sleep and got up early. Too much on my mind and also I was hungry all night. But this morning my weight was down again and it’s so encouraging see a “new” digit, leaving those higher ones behind!
    Thanks for the helpful comments about TDEE.

faedawn,
    Great! You are no longer diabetic. Please tell me about it. What program did you use? Was it 5:2?
    How many pounds did you lose in order to be diabetes free? Had you been on any medications? Are you on any diabetic medications now?

To All,
    Where are you all situated? I am in the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia. Anyone living nearby me?

When I was diabetic I was on the Ideal Protein diet and lost 35 lbs. I do not have to take any shots or medications. I guess I was just lucky. My Blood Sugar is now 5.9. i continue to be active and have my blood checked regularly.

I live in Southern Alberta near Pincher Creek and Waterton Lakes National Park. It is raining today but we are thankful for the moisture. Everything is beautiful and green and I am doing my 2nd fast this week. I love this program.

Wish I could join in the challenge, but I’m going out of town tomorrow for a few days and I know there will be food and wine involved:) I have tried to be vigilant this last week to prepare and I’m down 8 or 9 pounds. I’ll just try not to undo everything. Good luck, everybody! Anne

Hi All,
    Just checking in, a non- fast day today, but weighed and measured vigilantly…1154 calories, so under my TDEE. Walked 3 miles on my treadmill. A good day:)
    Hope everyone is doing well.

xo ET

PJBR, I am in Toronto. Love the Okanagan! Lucky you!

Love Pincher Creek/ Waterton Lakes area too.

PrairieGrass: congrats on your achievement! 8 to 9 lbs means your clothes must be feeling looser. Good for you, and good luck while you’re away.

Kathcan, that article made me laugh out loud: I can get obsessive like that too. Well, maybe not THAT obsessive. Sedaris is a funny guy. This is the article I read that made me decide to get my FitBit: http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2015/05/14/confessions-of-a-fitness-band-addict.html

ET64, I ate 1800 cals yesterday. I was still under my TDEE but not as strong-minded as you are! Today is another non-fast day and I am really finding that being in this challenge is helping me to count calories and plan my non-fast days better. No sugar yesterday! Two days down, and five to go. Thanks for being here, everyone.

HI Everyone

I Read this thread regularly and am so impressed by all your resolve and companionship. Good luck with all your endeavours.
    Mary, you have created a wonderful community of fasting friends and I am well impressed with your progress, keep plugging away and good luck
    Tess x

Hi everyone,

Thanks, Mary, but you are the one with the strong resolve, sticking to your original plan so well! Remember, I am still trying to lose what I lost last month, again…my TDEE is less than yours, so we are both about on track I would say:)
    Today I will eat up to my TDEE, I just know if I try to cut back too much that will boomerang on me. Anyway it will seem like a feast! Fast Day tomorrow.
    Love the Okanagan, PJBR! Beautiful area, lucky you.
    Kathcan, at times in the past I have not slept because of hunger too- please don’t suffer, drink a warm cup of milk, or something similar if you don’t do dairy. It’s not that many cals and might put you back to sleep:) We are in this WOL for the long haul.
    Thanks everyone, for being so supportive.
    xo ET

Thank you ET64 for your suggestion of warm milk or similar. That makes sense, I’ll try it. Good luck with getting back to your former loss; sounds like you are well on the way.
    MaryWW, that article was also good. I like how he lies on the couch while recharging his Fitbit so he doesn’t waste any unrecorded steps! I got my Fitbit today. I didn’t have a problem putting it on, but it took me a while to get it set up properly with my laptop. I still have to get used to the dashboard and syncing etc.
    Today was a Fastday for me. I got a ready made salad from Metro, “Muskoka Chicken Salad”, with spring greens, strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, walnuts and seeds and, of course, chicken. I looked up the nutrition details on the internet. It has 254 calories and was a complete meal. Delicious! Does anyone else have Fast day meal ideas?
    PJBR, I’m in Ontario, near Kingston.
    Everyone else, it’s great to read about how you are doing and your positive encouragement.

Good morning all!

I have just weighed in and I am down another .5 lbs, which is great news. That brings my total since I went on the plan on April 28 to 12.5, and my BMI has gone down from 30.1 to 28. Bit by bit….

I know that if I had weighed with my clothes off, I’d be another pound lighter, but I also know that if I weighed later in the day I’d be another pound heavier, so I’m just going to go with the .5 🙂 After I’d been on the plan for a few weeks and lost 9 lbs, I got stuck for a while even though I was sticking to the plan, and so it’s nice to see the needle moving down again.

I have had the worst cold in recent memory this week. My head and chest have been incredibly stuffed up and my sinuses hurt. I’m trying to recover before next Thursday, when I’m flying to Edmonton to visit my younger son and his family for six days. So I haven’t been meeting my FitBit goals since about Tuesday, but I have been sticking to the 5:2 program without a slip so far.

I signed up on the June Challenge thread as it would be nice to have a goal of 5 lbs this month. I see at least one of you is over there as well.

Tessy, thanks for stopping by. I’ve been reading your thread also, and find it inspiring: especially the experiences of Nama!

Kathcan, there is a Metro near here so I’ll check out that Muskoka Chicken Salad. Sounds like a great way to find an easy meal that is “legal.” I am guessing that other grocery stores (like Loblaws and Safeway) probably have similar salads. Thanks for the tip!

Yesterday was my second fast day this week, so all I have to do now to fulfil the challenge is to keep my daily intakes under 1800/day from today to Sunday. Since we have four social engagements this weekend, that won’t be easy, but I’m up for it. 🙂

Onwards, all!

Well done, Mary. Congratulations! Cheers, Bay 🙂

You are an inspiration to us all. Sorry you have been sick but I know when we loose we need to get rid of toxins and cleanse and it sounds like that is what you are doing. I have lost 5 lbs in 10 days so I am happy with that. It is very nice and warm in Edmonton. I have a grand-daughter and lots of nieces and nephews there and 5 great grandkids whom I love dearly. Wish I was going with you. It is a 5 hours trip from here. Today is a another great day and I am going to have dinner with my 95 year old Mom and her 96 year old husband. Fun, fun.

PJBR

I am in Australia with grandchildren in Calgary. We love the Okanagan, and Lake Louise, and the Waterton Lakes areas. Such a beautiful part of the World.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Congratulations Mary !

I do love it when the numbers go down !

Sun finally shining today after many, many days of rain. Garden growing nicely. Lettuce wonderful – will be great for the next day I eat – hopefully June 12.

Anyone out there eating LCHF? – the South Beach Diet I think ?

Mary,W,
    Congratulations, you are such an inspiration to me! And I hope you are feeling better.
    My summary from our mini one week challenge: I did it!! Seven days, two fast days of 500 calories, -no wine- five days of 1335 calories or less, and down four pounds!
    I am totally motivated for the coming week. Thank you all for your inspiration, it really does help.
    Any other good news stories? Feel free to brag!
    oh, PJBR, what is LCHF?
    Enjoy your parents, Faedawn, my mum lived to 93 in relatively good health until the last few months. Every day is precious.
    xo ET

ET64,
    Hi
    LCHF is low carbohydrate high fat.

Well, list night at suppertime I broke my fast, and the food was so bland, I was disappointed. Back on the fast again today. Hope to make it to Friday.

Have a great week everyone.

Hi PJ

For me, it’s essential to flavour my food. I keep a supply of chilli, ginger, pepper, lemon, lime and all types of herbs. Eat well and with great flavour. Then you need less food for the same sensation.

ET
    Well done. Keep up the great work

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Well, I have come to love my Fitness Pal. I find that I have been entering what I am going to eat before the meals come and then I know how many calories I will eat and how many I have left. It is a big boost for me and I try to stay on track much better. Tomorrow is my fast day but I have to go to Lethbridge for Dr. app’t so I will not have time for lunch anyway, so it will be easy. Hope you all have a great week. It is +28 C.here right now. Beautiful hot day.

bayleaf,

Thanks for the tip. My husband is the chief cook and his food is normally just GREAT. I do not want to complain to him so I did not ask him what happened. The next time it will be much better tasting I am sure.

30+ here is Vernon today. Went fishing this am. If we had caught anything I would have broken fast again. But someone is obviously looking out for me as we did not even have a nibble.

Hi, all,

I also made it through the week keeping under my TDEE and the two fasts were fine, but my TDEE is higher than yours ET64, so I may need to be stricter than that. Today my weight is the same as last Monday, so that is discouraging. I’m also discouraged because I’m still sick — coughing wheezing and all stuffed up. I went for a chest xray this a.m. and they assured me my physician would have the results this afternoon, but no phone call so there was a mix-up somewhere. I am going to Edmonton on Thursday come hell or high water (I hope. 😉 ) and I’d sure like to know if I need antibiotics or whether this is going to go away by itself. Anyway, I haven’t felt up to doing my steps and that’s probably another reason why the weight is stuck and I’m feeling discouraged. So it’s a very frustrating Monday, but at least I haven’t slipped food-wise so I’ll just have to pat myself on the back and be grateful that I should have some answers tomorrow. And I could have much more serious problems, so I shouldn’t complain. I just like feeling healthy and get really irked (and worried) when I don’t.

Hasta manana… (Maybe the dry weather in Alberta will fix me up, even if nothing else does!)

P.S. and BTW, ET64 HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hi everyone, hi Mary, so sorry you have been so sick. It is so wearing to be poorly. I hope the X-Ray is clear and your chest improves very soon. Please don’t be discouraged. You are doing really well and I feel you are leading the way for me and many others. We can do this, but it is a WOL and sometimes we will feel tired, sick, sad……. But essentially you are now a successful faster, so your weightloss will keep happening. I was so impressed by your BMI dropping, can’t wait for that to happen to me. Hang in there and wishing you a return to good health very very soon 🙂

Hey, Thanks, MaryW! I am just so sorry you are not feeling well:( I know how miserable that can be. Sounds like you did well too, last week FD -wise. I think I am getting the boost everyone seems to at first, I know things will slow down and that it will be tougher.
    Just like taking a break from exercising when you are not feeling well, taking a break from trying to lose weight is good too. We’ll re-do our mini challenges when you are feeling better! Have some soup or tea and feel better soon!

xo ET

Hi Mary

Pamper yourself with some homemade clear soup. You have done well not to put on any weight while sick. 🙄

My apologies if I sound like your mother. Hehe! I forget what your TDEE is. Many people actually use their goal weight TDEE while they are trying to lose weight. Have you revised your TDEE down, as you are losing weight?

My TDEE now is way lower than when I began this WOL. I began with the maximum 2000 calories and then lowered the target as I grew more comfortable with fasting, and as my weight dropped. Hope this makes sense. Your stomach shrinks and then you cannot comfortably eat back at the higher level. 😉 All of us who have been overweight have had a problem with portion control, and eating be,ow TDEE means we automatically reduce our portions, and seek out nutritional food.

Please have a think about type of food you are eating. I looked at my breakfast this morning and laughed. i chose a poached egg with pepper and salt, and put it on a base of home made coleslaw left over from last night. The coleslaw was made of finely shredded Savoy cabbage, carrot, red capsicum, red apple, plus the tiniest amount of egg mayo. I drank a large mug of black coffee. This is a nonfast day. 🙄 and I loved my breakfast.

So pamper yourself now, pat yourself on the back that you have maintained weight, and then enjoy your time in Alberta. 😆

PS. When OH and I travel in Norh America, we share a meal, as the portion sizes are so big. I never eat the breads, buns etc

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Thanks, guys. The emotional support really helps! You’re great.

Meant to add a note to FaeDawn: I’m using the food tracker on my FitBit and it really seems to help because it’s so easy to do, much like your Fitness Pal I guess. I’m looking forward to getting my daily steps up to 5,000 and then higher than that as soon as I feel better.

P.S. To BayLeafOz. Thanks for all those great suggestions: I’m quite happy to get parental advice! My TDEE is 1870 right now, and it will be 1700 when I get to my goal weight. Maybe I’ll aim for that.

We notice that food portions in the US are huge, less so here, but it depends on the restaurant. Your breakfast sounded delicious: If I had some cole-slaw around I’d build a supper out of that tonight! Instead I’ll have a couple of eggs and a small salad, which will be tasty. Anything tastes great after 10 hours of fasting!

Wow, ET

Congratulations on meeting the challenge. Isn’t it a wonderful feeling when the results are there to see! Well done.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Someone has just posted on the June Challenge thread that you can link up MyFitnessPal to FitBit, so I’ve done that. 🙂 (Rationale: MyFitnessPal has more foods in its memory. I’m just using it for food tracking.)

Still waiting for the doctor’s office to communicate with the Xray office and then to communicate with me….

Hi everyone

Did we all stop posting for a reason? How did the trip go, Mary? I’m home again after three weeks away and back to a serious fast day tomorrow. Happy fasting, all.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Bay and everyone,
    Maybe the summer doldrums are upon us…I’ve had a super busy week, but also our courageous leader is out of town:) I hope you are finally feeling better, Mary.
    I did just one FD this past week, but stayed within my TDEE the other days- lost one pound. So, the scale continues to go in the right direction.
    So here is Sunday, and new week’s commitment: I will do two FD’s and stay at or under my TDEE the other five.
    Thanks for checking in, Bay, and yes, here in the U.S. portions can be ridiculous when eating out- I routinely split an entree with my husband. Also thanks for info on lowering target TDEE as you go along.
    Good luck with your FD tomorrow!

xo ET

bayleafoz,
    My fasting went well last week or was it the week before that we had the challenge. Anyway it went so well that I am now eating every second day and I am so excited that I haven’t posted.

I was really busy last week too and also I fell and was all-shook-up so haven’t posted.

I think things have turned around for me and are now on the right track.

Going to Penticton to a bridge tournament this week — do not know how that will effect the fasting, and the next week off to Vancouver for my granddaughter’s graduation from makeup school.
    Exciting stuff!!!

How is your illness going Mary? I assume you are better and you went on your trip, or you went on your trip anyway. Presumably you were so busy you did not post.

Hi, I haven’t posted for a while. I’ve been getting ready for an annual conference and it was held all weekend. I was exhausted at the end and am still recovering. I decided to leave the 5:2 while I was there as it was a stressful time. Lots of food,so now my weight is back up a little but I fasted yesterday and trying to get back on track. I wore my fitbit the whole time and a couple of times hit the 5,000 steps goal and got the little “tingles”; so I know I was doing a lot of running around! I will increase the goal but for now it’s a good reminder to maintain at least that much activity.

It was nice to check in and hear what everyone has been doing. Sounds like you are all going strong and sticking to the plan. I hope you are feeling better Mary. PJBR, sorry to hear about your fall; I hope it didn’t do too much damage.

This week I am cat-sitting while my daughter, son-in-law and their dog are staying in a cottage they’ve rented. Summer is a busy time for most people, I hope you are all enjoying it.

I’m still here! Still in Edmonton (last day). I am feeling better — thank you all for asking. Not 100% yet — I still sound like I have a cold — but better every day.

I had a great fast day the day I flew here (Thursday) and am intending to fast tomorrow (the day I fly back) and then do a second one for this week on Friday. I have been very delinquent otherwise and am quite worried about what the scale is going to say when I get back. We are at a hotel (Hampton Inn) that has a great breakfast as part of the room cost, including waffles, which are just about my favourite food, I think. And there have been family dinners with dessert, and you know what it’s like. I’d say it was worth it, but it isn’t really because I just feel mad at myself for undoing the benefits of the days of hard fasting.

But my grandgirls are fantastic and happy and that makes me happy. The elder one is 5 and she has become a true monkey on the monkey bars — even her dad admits that he never got the swing right the way she has. Amazing. And the younger one (4) is at the NO stage no matter what you ask her, but she is cute as a button so gets forgiven for all of it. Of course, now I’m here, I’m missing the three back in Toronto, but I’ll see them soon enough. I must learn to live in the moment: except when it comes to food. Then I must learn NOT to live in the moment!

IT is so good to have this community here. It’s been four straight days of wishing I’d eaten better during the day, and that’s the kind of run where I would normally be saying “Oh, I give up. Maybe next month.” But I don’t. Because you’re here, and we’re all in this together.

I too have been wearing my fitbit and a couple of days I was over 10,000 steps! Blew me away. Two days were over 5000 and the other days were under 5000.

I’ll be back on here once I get my feet on the ground (and on the scale) in Toronto, and I’ll read all your posts more carefully then.

Hi everyone,
    Good to hear that you are feeling better, Mary and that your trip is going well. Safe travels home!
    PJ, I hope the fall wasn’t too bad, that can be very scary:( When you say you are eating every second day, what does that mean? Fasting every other day and regularly in between? How is that going?
    Kathcan, you and Mary inspired me to find my Fitbit, it was in a little box in my closet, collecting dust…and I have the Aria scale, too…with all this equipment I should have been a beanpole by now:) So, I got everything synced and am wearing the Fitbit. 5,900 steps so far today! And every now and then I run up my stairs to accumulate floors. Not quite ready for challenges yet, but at least I am using it. The Aria scale says I weigh more than my regular scale does-phooey! But it transmits automatically to Fitbit, and estimates body fat too, so I’ll go with it. As long as the numbers keep going down, that’s all that matters.
    FD today, and planning on Thursday as well. Went over TDEE a bit yesterday, had a small dinner party for friends. But even if I go over a little, I feel so much more aware, so that’s good.
    Good luck with FD’s and Fitbit’s!
    xo ET

Hi everyone. I’m still here. Just haven’t felt I had much to contribute. After wining and dining on my trip, I have had a terrible time getting back in the groove. I was doing and feeling great before I left. Now, I am just struggling again. At least, as Mary mentioned, this group keeps bringing me back instead of just forgetting about it.
    Glad you’re feeling some better, Mary. Sounds like everyone else is doing pretty good–good for you all! Anne

Hi Everyone: Because I have had a lot of company this past week, I have slipped and gained but this week I am back to fasting. Made a big pot of vegetable soup this morning so that should help me. I fasted yesterday and am doing it again today. Sure hope the scales will be kinder to me. Thanks for all your encouragement. Hope everyone is feeling well and happy. I am recovering from my nasty fall and my bruises are turning yellow now. Have a great day and week.

Hi all,
    ET, yes, I was fortunate to get away with little damage from the fall.
    My fasting day consists of coffee, cream, butter, cocoanut oil (sometimes all together in a delicious, satisfying drink) water, teas of various types, vinegar and lots of broth.
    Faedawn, lets you and I try to stay up on both feet!!!!!!!

Fitbit users unite – maybe we can post our weekly steps, for encouragement in the exercise area.

Yes PJBR– for sure.. I so agree with the use of coconut oil and the apple cider vinegar. I put it all in a smoothie with mixed berries. The Coconut oil has brought down my cholesterol a whole big bunch and I am so happy. I use it for everything. I lived in Fiji for 18 months and grew to love it there.

I am happy to see you here, Anne. The important thing is seeing yourself as part of the group. You can have a new fast day any time so you are never NOT in the group. 🙂

I got back from Edmonton late on Wednesday and fasted yesterday. First fast since the Thursday before. I was afraid to get on the scale this a.m. because I felt like I had overdone it in Edmonton, but I guess I got lucky or didn’t overdo it as much as I thought I did, but I am now down 15 lbs since I started! I will do the measurements as soon as I have some time, but now I’m off to see the grandbabes here: it’s my grandson’s daycare year-end picnic. At least there I am not likely to overeat!

Have a great weekend. We’re off to a wedding tomorrow. I’ll pop in again as soon as I can. Sorry I haven’t been too present lately, but I’m always thinking of 5:2 and this forum!

May I join you? I am in my 60’s and waving from California!

I am restarting 5:2 tomorrow (just not feeling well today). I did it before and it worked. It will work again.

I haven’t read over all the posts yet, but like some others I won’t be bothered with TDEE. For me that ruins the whole purpose of eating this way! I never bothered with it before, and I lost very well, even with some overeating excursions!

Anyway, I’m pleased to be back on 5:2 and join you.

hmmm, I just read over some of the more recent posts. Is anyone NOT counting calories on their non-fasting days?

Hi, SherylJoyce, and welcome!

I have to admit that I count the calories on days when I know I can stay under my TDEE, and I don’t count them when I know I’m going to over-indulge. I’m not proud of that fact, but that’s what I do. Here’s an example: We had a wedding on Saturday so I had a good breakfast, then we had lunch before we left because we weren’t sure what would happen food-wise at the wedding and we didn’t want to be faint with hunger by supper time. The wedding was outside at a sprawling house in the country. The vows were exchanged at 2:30 (two old folks — my age, I mean — who’d been together for 30 years, now exchanging vows. Lovely and nice and brief) and then they put on a tea-party on the porch with sandwiches, scones, trifle, pastries, on and on and on it went. All home-made and irresistible. After that there was music (the “groom” was a well known children’s performer in his day and still performs from time to time, and several guests brought instruments. There was even a guy who played the digeridoo!) We decided to drive home before dark (the wedding was a few hours north of here) so of course, then we needed to have dinner at a restaurant as we got back to the city around 7:30. So that day had FOUR full meals in it. I didn’t record anything. So now again I am afraid to weigh myself tomorrow. Sigh.

At least we walked a lot of steps yesterday, and today I’m on a fast.

Well, I did ramble on a bit there. Sorry! Hope everyone is having a good (and successful) week.

MaryW, Congratulations on your 15 lb loss! Even if you did overindulge a bit at the wedding, that is quite an accomplishment!
    I just did the FD once last week, but I am tending to eat less every day, because I start each week day as if it might be a FD- not eating until I am hungry, and then just eating a bit. I am not that hungry until dinner, so I can do a FD dinner or have more. I have lost 6 lbs so far, but I am interested in keeping it off, too! So going slowly is okay with me.
    Hi SherylJoyce, I hope you are in a part of California that has some water! I understand your desire to not be concerned about calories five days a week, and that is what the book “promises”. However, that doesn’t work for me, I think for a couple of reasons. One, my old habits of eating are why I gained weight in the first place- and they reappear on a non FD day. Too much snacking, eating too many calories at night, ignoring reasonable portions at times, overindulging when eating out, etc. Secondly, as I have posted before, I am coming to terms with that TDEE number, and what it will need to be when I am at my goal weight. So, on my non FD days, I am trying to stay within what I must do in order to keep the weight off going forward.
    I am short-5’3″- and I do exercise 5x week most weeks, but to keep the weight off I will have to eat pretty close to 1200 cals a day-a diet for most people! There is not a lot of room for error there. <sigh>
    I am happy for you, and others like you, who can be more relaxed on those other days-lucky!
    BTW, I am so glad I dusted off my Fitbit! I am walking more and more steps every day, climbing floors, etc. Being a bit obsessive is good for some things:)
    Hang in there with us, Anne!
    xo ET

Great post, ET64! And big congrats on the 6 lb loss. That’s a reasonably sized baby, gone. 🙂

If you want to connect as friends on FitBit, you can find me at MaryWW I’m really up and down over there — some days I do 12,000 steps (e.g. yesterday) and others less than 2,000 (today). But it keeps reminding me what I’m doing or not doing.

It’s 4:45 and I am very hungry. This is a tough one. But I’ll make it. (No excuses, like it says in the title of this thread. 😉 )

Welcome, SherylJoyce! Congrats to Mary and ET64 on your losses! I am pretty much back in the groove…had a couple of good FDs and am consuming less on most other days. Don’t much count calories…just try to be very mindful. Wining and dining on the trip and after wasn’t as damaging as I feared. I still stayed down 8 pounds. So I am back on course. It’s hot now in Missouri (I am not a hot weather liker). Is it winter in Australia? Have a good week, everybody. Anne

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 363 total)

You must be logged in to reply.