May 2021 5th Anniversary Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2021 5th Anniversary Challenge

This topic contains 395 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Snowflake56 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 402 total)

• Day 24, U.K. FD800

First of all thank you so much to everyone who gave their thoughts on my pondering is on FD800s!

Great news… A friend on Saturday and a friend on Sunday both volunteered that I had lost weight, so I am very happy that the FD800 regime is definitely working!

Spurred on by their observations, I am planning to do 3 x FD800s this week.

However can I just say that whilst I am now able to get into my old clothes, I still have not seen any difference on the scales!!! So funny how that happens sometimes…

@daffodil2010 – Gosh, good luck, I hope that goes well.

@lilymartin – That is really interesting about the recipe book.

Such great news that you also think the portions are big! That helps to confirm in my own mind that I haven’t been doing some terrible miscalculations on calories, ha ha ha!

Tell me, I did look up that recipe book online but I could not actually see any of the recipes, I could only see the text giving a description of the regime. Please could you tell me whether there are any dairy free recipes? Unfortunately I have to be dairy free 😐

Good luck everyone on Pocket List today!

Day 24 – Canada – FD

Good morning everybody. It’s a sunny lovely day and it’s chilly, only 4C.
    Doing my best not to gain weight but my mojo has definitely gone AWOL. Will try again today with a FD.

@litprof – you are so right, it’s a tricky balance. Unfortunately I don’t have a strategy that works but would love to hear others experiences. I still have 6 pounds to lose and I’m struggling.

@daffodil2010 – I know what you mean about not having a fear of fasting. It’s quite empowering.

@snowflake56 – book collecting sounds so much better 🙂

Good luck to all.

Pocket list day 24
    @at
    @timetochange
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @dvw

Day 24 – Ireland – FD
    Hi all, well I am feeling better after the weekend and thanks for the caring thoughts. That migraine came from nowhere … and really knocked me..
    I had a productive and busy weekend which forced me out of my slump and got so much done.
    I did a big solo cycle Saturday which generally sorts me out 😁 and some catch up walks with a number of friends so all great. I’m not back yet to club cycling and won’t be until I have my second vaccination.

I treated myself to a yum Thai curry last night which I haven’t had in about a year… delicious!

Like others I’m bobbing around at the same range and really I just want to drop 3-4 more lbs but it’s tough…
    My head needs to now get into the zone which I know I can do, just have to do it…. 💪
    Hi @lilymartin and @nellen good to see you! And isn’t it great when others notice! One of my friends commented last week. I was chuffed ☺️

Ooh @brightonbelle I hope you had lovely catch-ups this weekend! It sounds fab… I’m a little nervous about going back inside but do look forward to a nice restaurant meal… inside 🙂

@daffodil2010 all the best with your tests 🤞

Trying for a FD today… already tough as there are nice things in the cupboards so doing my best to ignore the call.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list day 11
    @at
    @timetochange
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dvw
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Day off work! Whew. Of course with a holiday next week and vacation the week after, it means this is the first of three Mondays in a row that I’ll not go in to work. Yay! LOL

I need to clarify, the goal I met was my March/April goals of 221 lbs. My goal for May has not yet been met: 219 lbs. Hopefully, there’s still time to reach it. Today, the scales were arguing back and forth with me (don’t you hate it when you’re right on the line?), but they did finally concede to a weigh-in of 220 lbs this morning. A new low! My next FDs are planned for tomorrow and Thursday.

Good luck to our pocketlisters today!

USA. Day 24. FD

Pocket list day 24
    @at
    @timetochange
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dvw
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @ccco

Staying dry and doing OMAD at 800 cals or less has quickly helped me lose the weight I put on the other day. Maybe it was water weight but, in any case, if I lose 2 more lbs. this month, I will have lost 5 lbs. for the month. That is wonderful because then I will be very near my goal! 🙂

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

I had a small victory yesterday evening. I wanted a second beer, but I kept thinking, “Nah, that’s two HUNDRED calories, and ice water is actually all you want, right? Right??” And, although it took lots and lots of wheedling, I succeeded in persuading myself that water was indeed all I wanted. Baby steps, you know, baby steps…and two hundred calories avoided.

At one point in the evening, I reached my arm out to grab something and was so startled at the pain, and wondered what I’d done to make that muscle hurt so much–and then remembered it was my first jab of the Pfizer vaccine, LOL! So far, that’s all I’ve felt, and I’m sure thankful for that.

@northgeorgia The surest indication that your eating habits are on target is when you have to swap out too baggy clothes for formerly-too-tight clothes; well done.

@ccco Perhaps your body is simply doing what @basyjames ‘s body did, when she didn’t lose much at all for weeks (months??) and then lost a boatload. But, I’m sure you’re right, that going dry will help you lose faster.

@lilymartin There’s little that’s as frustrating and disappointing as fruit that never lives up to your expectations. Well, perhaps that’s not true, LOL, as it is, after all, just FRUIT…but it is indeed a frustrating disappointment. Fruit is generally decent from the grocery stores around me, but also sometimes simply awful…and occasionally, glorious. We had a pineapple for Sunday brunch yesterday that was sweet and glorious, and the cherries I bought were a true treat. I didn’t think to see where the cherries came from, because it’s too early for most places in the States to be producing cherries already. Mexico, perhaps?

@penz I did indeed audition some capris to see what is fitting me better this year than last. The problem is that I’m only down five pounds from a year ago this month, so that’s not much of a difference in how clothes will fit. But, as slowly as it’s moving, it is at least moving, and my mojo is nearly restored to what it was before that lovely trip to Texas that totally eliminated the mojo I had in abundance pre-trip, LOL! Serious bummer on the too-tight work skirt!

@daffodil2010 Thank you for saying so nicely what I was thinking: @lilymartin, I smiled when you noted 11C as being cold. Guess it’s because Ireland is so far North, but 11C is quite ok, in fact it might even be that temp outside right now on this lovely sunny Monday morning, and some people going around in t-shirts. 😂😂😂 It’s all in what is normal, but, yeah, 11C (52F) doesn’t strike me as cold winter weather at all. Hopefully, @lilymartin, you’re laughing so hard at our two reactions, that you’re warming up from the burst of humor. 😁🥰 Good luck with your colonoscopy. I had a doctor’s appointment several months ago, and while there, realized I should have my cholesterol checked, and since I was fasting that day anyway, they could do it that moment. You’re right that this WOL makes fasting so easy!

@fivetwofan5252 How lovely that, despite an uncooperative scale, friends are seeing a smaller you!

@jaifaim So nice your migraine is gone and that you had such a great weekend!

YAY @northgeorgia on 220! Remember when you were struggling to leave behind the 230s?? And now you’re on the cusp of the 2-teens!!!!

@ccco Nice job on slowing moving down to your goal!

Pocket list day 24
    @at
    @timetochange
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dvw
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol

Day 24 North Canton OH FD
    Last week was tough with my allergies. The pollen was very thick and it did a number on me. Sorry I was absent; everything just took so much extra effort to get through. Even though I kept up with exercising, my diet was sub-par, and I am looking to reset this week.
    I am horribly behind on posts, but I plan to work my way through. Who is hosting June?
    @Lillymartin I smiled when you described your 11ºC forecast. That is balmy weather in Ohio! I understand though, my first fall in Ohio was almost unbearable after living in a tropical climate all my life, and I did not think that I would survive the winter – LOL. It is all about perception isn’t it?
    @northgeorgia how validating! Trying to find sizes that will fit you because you have shed the weight is sweet. You are almost in the 219s well done!
    @litprof it is a balancing act indeed, maintenance is more challenging imho because you have to keep yourself motivated and that can be hard to do. I am finding that ADF helps me create the deficit that I need. However, it is still a balancing act for sure.
    All this talk of fresh homegrown fruit is turning me green with envy. I planted an apple tree last year because I wanted to be able to pick my own apples but I do not think it survived the winter. OH has a green thumb, he planted tomatoes two years ago and they did really well. He has put in more tomatoes and okra this year.
    I hope you have great results from your colonoscopy @daffodil2010
    @fivetwofan5252 those compliments must have been so thrilling to hear
    @stitchincarol yay for small victories, they add up. Also congrats on getting your first shot of the Covid-19.

Fasting is empowering isn’t it?
    You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take (Wayne Gretzky) so I am taking my shot today; pocket list here I come

Pocket list day 24
    @at
    @timetochange
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dvw
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames

Day 24 UK FD

Wow some great posts ! Unfortunately got caught up reading and have to go prepare dinner now ,catch up tomorrow

Pocket list day 24
    @at
    @timetochange
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @dvw
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames
    @brightonbelle

Day 24 – Cairngorms Scotland

Good evening everyone

Quick report in, fantastic 3 days with the kids, not seen them since Christmas 2019 ! Great fun, loads of laughter, hugs and tears, you can talk on the ‘phone, but meeting up is so much better.

Now on our walking holiday, yesterday did 11 miles and called in for a pre booked Sunday dinner, first time I’ve had a full 3 course meal since November 2019, going to need some FD’s when we get home! Really enjoying this, sleeping so well and feeling so good!

Take care all.

Hi everyone. FD today and after the indulgence of the weekend, it is a welcome relief. Ran this morning and it was lovely but I now have an awful niggly right hip. It’s been a growing issue and I am hopeful that it will go away as I lose more weight. We’ll see.
    @ I hate lettuce your meet up sounded lovely, how nice that we are beginning to see our families again. Envious of the walking holiday, I would love to get away and be in the mountains; sometime…
    @stitchincarol delaying and resisting what you might want is by no means easy so well done you on the nice water! It’s part of the reason why I like fasting, because what ever I want, I can simply have tomorrow. Then I often don’t have it anyway.
    @FiveTwoFans5252 I know what you mean about clothes getting loosed before the scales show. I am now beginning to get into clothes which were too tight and though I have lost weight, it’s not a massive amount as yet. Feels Good to be dragging the clothes out.
    I plan to eat in a restricted window tomorrow, then FD on Wed and TRE on Thursday. Then I have a lunch out on Fri and Sat and a weekend away, so will need to take it easy, cutting a few meals out along the way.
    It is a bank holiday here in the UK on Monday, so an extended weekend yay!
    Have a Good day tomorrow everyone.

Day 25, NFD, Aus

Not so much PFDS but PFD relief. I did it! (Though to be brutally honest, I did have to dip into the peanut butter jar but I mindfully used ONE teaspoon, not several dessert spoons!) And speaking of PB, has anyone see FlourBaby of late? I’m imagining renovations is proving too consuming and distracting.

Having been bombarded by ads on my tablet, I decided to take a look at Noom. Has anyone had any experience with it? The few reviews I’ve looked at seem to focus on how difficult it is to cancel the free trial period without getting stung a lot of money; but I don’t know how well it works in practice. Anyway, I didn’t sign up by the quick intro questionnaire I did confidently stated I could reach my weight loss goal by October. Really?!? I thought. Then I realised, actually, if I’m diligent – and diligence means sticking to 5:2 properly, the October is feasible.

That mental exercise sure helped to lock down the mojo (now handcuffed to my side).

How did you go yesterday, @dvw? Hope your mojo has returned.

@stitchincarol – 5 pounds is still 5 pounds! I’m rocking the 80s today – baggy jumper and long skirt. At least they’re not tight!!

Canberra’s got cold. And foggy. A return to chipping the ice out of the dogs’ water bowl some mornings.

We have a decent vegie bed but our dog decided yesterday to hop in and help himself to a cauliflower which was developing nicely. At least he eats what he rips out of the garden, rather than just playing with it. He loves helping himself to carrots and kale too. Fortunately he’s not too keen on limes so our tree is safe.

Day 25, Emden Germany, NFD

Yesterday’s FD didn’t happen, the ginger nuts I made on Sunday had to be eaten.

@daffodil2010 Good luck with the colonoscopy today!

@dvw I’m also not very motivated at the moment, when do you plan to fast this week, perhaps we can do it together? Aren’t book collectors serious people with exquisit taste? Not us, we buy every book that looks interesting.

@fivetwofan5252 It’s so nice when someone else notices your lost weight.

@basyjames Good to have you back! The only good thing about the endless rain coming down is it keep the pollen activity low. The downside is that I don’t know how it will effect the growing of the fruit. We’re not great gardeners, only the strong plants survive. We fail on nectarines, grapes, salad, tomatoes and lots of other things. This year seems to be the year of the slugs, they are everywhere. They already munched away most of the lupines.

@i-hate-lettuce Enjoy your walks and dinners!

@penz You do have a funny dog!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 25. U.K. NFD.

My fast day yesterday evening was tough. I had one of those horrible fast days where I just felt really uncomfortable in myself during the evening. Was really hungry. Then I had one of those fasting nights where you don’t sleep at all well. We’ve all had them haven’t we?!!

The silly thing is that I only took in 605 calories yesterday and I could have gone up to nearly 800!

So now I’m all the more adamant that all my future FDs will be 725-750 calories! No point in being uncomfortable and sleeping miserably on a FD – I don’t want to lose my fasting mojo!!!!

@basyjames – Really sorry to hear about your allergies. When I’m feeling under the weather I simply cannot fast, so I really feel for you trying to battle through 😐

@timetochange – Yes isn’t it brilliant getting into former clothes!! Glad you’re experiencing a similar phenomenon to me!

Good luck everyone who is on a FD today 😊

Day 25 – Ireland – CD

Hi all, an ok FD yesterday… over 500 but not by too much…. So it could have been better but I did resist the sweet treats and ate well.
    @i-hate-lettuce your holiday sounds fab!
    @snowflake56 😋 I love ginger nuts – they would have not lasted long in my house 😍
    @penz no sign of @flourbaby and @michelinme recently – hopefully both are well and just busy…
    Have a good day everyone.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 25 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody.

I’m going to be away for a few days, I’ve booked a tiny off the grid ocean front cottage. It’s just a 1.5 hr drive from my home and I’m so looking forward to it. Walking, reading and eating good food are the only planned activities. I need to decide if I’m bringing chocolate cake OR strawberries for my dessert. Hmmm.

@penz – good for you in limiting your PB intake, I was not so lucky, it’s just too delicious. My mojo is cowering in the corner 🙁 hopefully after my little vacation I’ll be able to reset and drop the final 6 pounds.

@snowflake56 – yesterday I started to weed some books from my small collection. I’ll take them to a not for profit place. So far 30 books are piled up and ready to be boxed. I think your hubby can call himself a book collector 🙂

Best wishes and congratulations to all the successes.

Day 25 – USA/GA – FD

Well, with my niece and nephew now out of school, I suspected what was coming — “I want a cheeseburger!” So, four Wendy’s Biggie Bags with Frosties it was (including mine). My body warned me I didn’t really want Wendy’s, but I consumed all 1,300 salty and sweet calories anyway. If any redeeming thing, I didn’t eat much else that day, but did heavily supplement with fruit.

Anyway, a whooping 3 lb gain today to the large side of 223 lbs. Back on track for regular eating this week, and ready for day 2 of my 4:3. Next week, I’ll be back on 5:2, as I have to fast for my biometric screening Wednesday week anyway, and Memorial Day gatherings will determine which weekend day I’ll fast (probably next Monday).

@stitchincarol Good on you for resisting and having water instead! I’m getting better at that, especially with 90 degree weather here. You’re right. I haven’t struggled with hitting 230 at all this month, and now I’m knocking on the door of the 2-teens!

@basyjames I had a huge load of XXL shirts and sized 44 shorts I just bought last year that had to be packed away! Not too many “old” things to unpack, but it was still motivating. I whined at my newer, but now baggy clothes, how I really wanted to wear them. I tried most of them on, one by one, and realized they didn’t look good hanging loose on my body, so threw them into a pile. I filled up an entire storage bin in my shed while making room in the closet! I have a few more sizes I can fit into as I drop more weight, but several years ago, I ended up donating my really small sized jeans, trousers, shorts, and shirts because I never believed I’d fit into sizes from my early college years (plus, many of the shirts had gone out of style or had faded colors). So at some point, I’ll have to go shopping…

OK, back to work today and try to solve a month’s worth of problems in the next couple of weeks before I head to the beach. Wish me luck!

Pocket list day 25
    @jaifaim (CD)
    @northgeorgia (FD500 + ZBC)

Day 25 USA/DC FD
    Good morning to all. It has been so fun catching up on all of your postings. Have to say – many of you sound really happy – how lovely to read that. This month has been crazy for me. We are heading out West for the summer and I decided that while we are away it would be the perfect time for a kitchen renovation. What I didn’t contemplate was the need to pack up to go away for the summer at the same time needing to pack up my kitchen pre-renovation. So I have been packing and tossing. The tossing part has been the best – how do we, or I, accumulate all this STUFF.
    Looking forward to a new kitchen and to getting out of Dodge for the summer.
    On that topic – DC is crawling with cicadas! It is rather like living in a sci-if or horror movie. They are everywhere and LOUD and all in all give me the creeps.

Can you tell I am totally avoiding the weight topic. Jeez. I am up a solid 2 lbs this month, but truthfully am grateful it is only 2! Need to get my focus back. And, after months of no alcohol I added it back. Hmmmm, anyone see a connection here – return of alcohol, return of 2 lbs. Oh well. time to choose which I like better I think. :)))

Off to look at kitchen counters and then to resume packing.

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

I’m actually hoping to make this a FD800, but it’s also Blood Drive Day so I’ll be there from noon to seven this evening; we’ll see how things go and how I feel after giving blood.

Yesterday’s FD got turned on its head when DH and I decided that spending an hour organizing our storage room in the basement deserved a reward. So we headed to Omaha, grabbed a Schlotzsky’s* sandwich at the drive through, then went to a Brewery Taproom a block away (where they serve no food, so you can bring your own), got a beer and enjoyed our food in the sun on the patio. At this point, I was at 530 calories, and felt no guilt. Then we drove two blocks to the second-run movie theater–and they’re closed on Mondays! SERIOUS bummer! So we ended up running some errands and window shopping in some favorite stores, and got home earlier than we’d thought. DH had a second beer at some point, and I took a couple swallows, and then I had about a hundred calories worth of those yummy cherries I mentioned yesterday. So, although the calories were far over 500, they were not nutso, and the scale rewarded me with 148.0 this morning. I certainly won’t make beer a habit on a FD, but it’s so lovely to get nice results even with one!

*If you don’t know Schlotzsky’s, then let’s have a moment of silence in honor of the deliciousness that is a Schlotzsky’s sandwich….And since the smoked turkey option I chose was only 320 calories, let’s make that a double moment of silence!

@basyjames Bummer on the serious allergy issues last week; hopefully the pollen behaves itself better from now on; summer isn’t as bad for you, is it? Or is it??

@i-hate-lettuce So lovely hearing from you on vacation; have a grand time, and we look forward to the report when you have time or get home!

@timetochange Your discipline as you approach eating and exercising is inspiring. I’ve not managed to exercise with any enthusiasm or consistency since before Easter…”Someday,” she says with a sigh…

@penz I’m not thinking brutal honesty is all that helpful; well done on following through with your FD on Monday!! And, yeah, I’ve been thinking about @flourbaby and @michelinme a lot; I hope they come back eventually. I’ve also been curious about Noom, but it sounds too much as if it’s tied to self-control in a way that will make me chuff, so I’ve ignored it. Has anyone in the group tried it? Your story about your dog loving veggies enough to pick them himself made me roar with laughter. We used to have a dog who loved veggies, but she sure didn’t try to pick them herself!! 😂🤣😂🤣

@snowflake56 Your “ginger nuts”…do you mean pfeffernusse or something else? My MIL used to make those so well.

@fivetwofan5252 Bummer on the bad FD. We have indeed all had them!

@dvw Your little vacation sounds glorious; enjoy yourself!

@northgeorgia That’s the only downside of losing weight, is no longer being able to wear clothes you love. It’s a very TINY downside, however, LOL!!

@nellen How fun to have a kitchen reno in your future, despite the challenge of packing yourselves as well as the kitchen. Two pounds seems like a small price to pay for adding back in alcohol, and I’ll just bet that, with some focus, you’ll drop them AND keep the wine!

In the process of cleaning out that basement storage room, I went through a plastic bin of summer clothes that haven’t fit in awhile. And, while some of them did indeed fit now, they were almost all of them too outdated in style to keep, or simply no longer interesting to me, so I have a stack of clothes to take to Goodwill this morning. It’s nice to see such a huge stack ready to leave the house!

So I’m headed out the door shortly, and figuring that as busy as I’ll be today, I may just make that FD800…we’ll see! Have a grand day, everyone!

USA. Day 25. FD800

Went my goal limit by only a few calories but this morning showed a 1 lb. weight gain. I do think that gain is water weight, though, because my feet and hands feel swollen. I don’t know why, either, but I will have to try to use less salt, I guess!

Always glad to see people here going down al size or two. Congratulations! I have yet to have that experience. With me, I just keep wearing the same size but it fits differently.

Joining today’s pocket list! I didn’t see one, so I will start one.

Pocket List Day 25

@ccco. FD800 Dry

Have a great day!

Day 25 USA – NFD

Just home from a wonderful massage in town this morning. I woke up early with designs on laundry, sheets on the clothesline before rain. I managed that, but I also indulged on some chocolate chip banana bread my piano student gave me yesterday. Their dad is the former community college choir director who was not rehired this year (still do not know why, he is excellent) so I asked them to pay me for lessons with an occasional baked item. I seldom bake myself as I know I would eat too much, so this is a good win for them and us.

@i-hate-lettuce – your meetup with children sounds so fabulous, especially after all this time! Yeah for your walking as well. Bet thigs are beautiful there. Also so glad for your feeling so healthy. That is answers to many prayers.

@timetochange – good for the clothes feeling different! But so sorry for the hip issues. I was just remarking to my masseuse this morning that my hip has been so much better for a while now. Wish I knew just what was different (diet? exercise?) but any sciatica seems ever so much better. I hope you are pain free soon.

@penz – your report on NOOM does not surprise me. After finding 5:2 with my only expense being the cost of the book, I am ever so skeptical of any diet plan that costs money. Even ones that suggest their food is best confounds me. I just asked Alexa the weather in Canberra, and it sounds like you are getting around freezing. No wonder the doggie digs up the garden veggies?! He must know everything will be harvested soon, and he has good taste going after the cauliflower! 🙂

@basyjames – great to see you back again.

@fivetwofan5252 – some FD’s and nights are worse/better than others. Sorry yours wasn’t good at all. Hope the next is better.

@nellen – news has told us about your cicadas! I remember my first childhood experience with them, the noise and presence makes my skin crawl just thinking about them. Won’t go near any forest preserve for sure! Right now for us in Illinois it’s maple seed “snow” (helicopter seeds) everywhere. Enjoy your new kitchen and the trip west.

@stitchincarol – your Schlotzsky’s sandwich sounds divine! Couple that with a good brew … yummy! Hope your blood drive day has gone smoothly. Take care if you donate yourself today.

@ccco and @northgeorgia – changes of clothing is somewhat of a mixed blessing, isn’t it, on our WOL. When my trousers all started falling off (none would have had belt loops) I just had to go shopping. I will admit, it was fun getting a new wardrobe!

Onward and downward.

Day 26, FD, Aus

I should NOT have mentioned my dog and our vegie garden yesterday as we got home last night to discover he’d pushed down the chicken wire fencing, hopped in and had a good roll around on top of the kale, silver beet and rocket, flattening and breaking many plants. For once, this seemed more fun than actually eating anything. I’m not sure it’s even worth planting a winter crop! (Although last time he got in and churned up new seeds and seedlings up it was kind of fun to see what plants popped up where weeks later.)

I’m feeling grumpy with work and frustrated about my career. I know these are warning signs and Evil Me is suggesting I could console myself with a warming glass of wine when I get home. Thank goodness for this forum and all the positive news about new clothes, smaller clothes, good eating habits and so forth. It’s helped bring forth my mojo. I must stick with it!!

Day 26, U.K. FD800

@penz – That is so frustrating about your lovable dog! He sounds like he had a lovely time!! But the results of his antics sound depressing 😐

I too would be frustrated, annoyed etc and just feel like giving up… sounds like you’ve had one of those days where one thing is compounded by another.

I seem to remember you’re in Audit? I’m sure you have a great career…. I know this is the time of year that the big audit firms talk about promotions/reshuffles etc….

I have to say I’d probably just have a glass of wine, so don’t listen to me!!!!! Or else, promise yourself one on Friday night instead???

Good luck with it all…

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Was going to have an NFD but after two days of fasting for my scope yesterday and a light meal yesterday evening, I still feel ok for another day of it, so I will fast, light lunch then see how that goes.

Things went ok yesterday, things sent off for testing but the consultant said nothing to worry about, and my operation is now scheduled for 17th June with a 4-6 week recovery period!!!!! My boss at work will have to manage the staffing issue that will cause, but my health is more important.

Oh @penz your doggie must have had a great time in the garden but oh dear for your veg.

Great to hear of everybody’s stories, whether struggling or no, it helps me too.

Happy hump day 🐫

Day 26, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

I’m a bit late today but I’m here.

@fivetwofan5252 It seems 800 cals is the way to go for you!

@jaifaim I’m still tweaking the recipe, I wanted them to be more chewy so I added stem ginger in syrup. On the baking day they were perfect, the next day they were a bit too crumbly. A work in progress.

@dvw Have a lovely time away!

@nellen Getting a new kitchen sounds exciting. What style will it be? In 36 years we only bought a new kitchen once, 21 years ago. In Germany you mostly take your kitchen with you when moving house. In the house we live in now, parts of the 1956 off white original kitchen were still in it, fixed to the wall with cement. We just added parts of our own gentian blue kitchen and I painted the walls in cherry red. We like it but I think we’re the only ones. We also heard of the cicadas, I can’t imagine hearing the sound they make all day long.

@stitchincarol The Schlotzsky’s sandwiches look delicious, I’m sure I couldn’t resist. No, Pfeffernüsse have a different spice mix and we only eat them in Novermber/December. They are part of the St. Nicholas celebrations. Yorkshire ginger nut biscuits have lots of ginger. I now use ground ginger, sharp dried ginger and stem ginger in syrup. I tried grated fresh ginger but I don’t like the texture in biscuits. How did your MIL come to make Pfeffernüsse?

@songbirdme That’s a nice swap, piano lessons for baked goods!

@penz Your dog really loves your vegetables, for us it’s funny to imagine it happening. I’d never heard of Noom. I looked in it briefly, it’s not something I would do. 5:2 was my first kind of diet and as it works, it will be the only one. I’m sorry to hear that you are so frustrated about you work and career. Is there a way to change it?

@daffodil2010 good to hear, everything went well yesterday. What a pity your date is on the 17th now, with such a long time of recovery it seems you’ll be spending your summer in the garden. But on the bright side, you can have your days away on your bank holiday weekend.

Day 26 UK NFD

Another month nearly gone, good to hear of everyones progress I’m a bit stick in a rut at the mo , off to search for my mojo 🔍

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Excited to be within a couple of pounds of my month’s goal; hoping I hit it, but if not, still very proud for getting to 220 and 221 this month, particularly after the Mother’s Day blip. Of course, I have an excuse every month going forward that I have to be careful with: in a few weeks, there’s vacation which will throw off my June. Then there’s Independence day in July, my birthday in August, Labor Day in September… maybe October will be OK before the Thanksgiving and Christmas season haha! I must remember, one feast won’t hurt me, but be careful of leftovers and repetitive feasting!

It’s been a long struggle to lose 15 lbs (since mid-November), but this month has really been good, and I’m hoping my body is ready to “move on.”

Have a great day!

Day 26 USA/DC MFD
    @penz – oh my lord I am laughing out loud at the image of your dog. That is just too priceless.
    Sorry to hear your current state of mind – frustration. It hits all of us, and not to sound too woo woo (which my family rolls their eyes at) mercury is in retrograde – it makes us all uncomfortable, indecisive, questioning and to add to it, the universe seems to be nuts. So, if my references to astrology don’t have you rolling your eyes too, or even if it does, take a breath, sit back, and know that this will all pass. You may still feel this way about work, but things will become more clear – just not for the next few weeks.

Second post
    Ah, my kitchen – I am trying to decide on counter tops and am leaning towards a dark charcoal soapstone. By any chance have any of you ever used soapstone as a countertop. Any words of advice or warning?
    Thanks

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

A decent day yesterday, and hoping for another today. Blood drive went well, and today I tidy for the cleaner, teach a lesson, and perhaps work in the yard a bit. A pleasant day, free of racing.

@ccco Did the water weight stick around? You just never know with bodies, eh? But it is so common in the summer to have puffy feet–at least for me–on an occasional basis, so that flip flops just don’t go on as easily as other times.

@songbirdme What a lovely solution for you to offer to your students for payment. So odd about the dad not being rehired, huh?

Oh, @penz that’s awful about your dog ruining your winter garden, and even worse that it’s coupled with a day when you’re grumpy and frustrated with your job. I hope you’re feeling better about life now, and the garden isn’t completely ruined. Is it too late to replant? Living in Nebraska, I can’t even fathom the concept of a “winter garden,” LOL.

@snowflake56 Ahh, I googled what you typed this time, and discovered those are what we in the US would likely call gingersnaps. I LOVE those cookies. Unfortunately, the combination of spices tends to make me quite sick to my stomach, so I make them rarely…but I love them anyway, but still make them occasionally and put up with the consequences. My MIL and FIL were both completely German, and my MIL didn’t even speak English until she started school, so Pfeffernüsse were part of her heritage.

@northgeorgia I’m right with you in not having lost much since November–none, really. The good thing is that neither of us have regained weight (well, I have regained about four), and we’re still here, and YOU’RE well on your again to a downward trajectory. Well done, you.

@nellen Have not used soapstone anywhere, but have had a dark charcoal countertop and absolutely LOVED it, if that’s any help.

Okay, DH just handed me my first cup of coffee, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and gentle breeze is coming through the open windows…such a glorious morning, so I’m off to enjoy it. Have a grand day, everyone!

USA. Day 26. FD800

I didn’t find a pocket list for today, so I will start one.

Pocket List Day 26

@ccco

Water weight must have gone away because I am happily down 4 lbs. If I can lose one more pound before June 1, I will have met my 5 lb. goal! Yay!

Take care, everyone!

Day 26 – Ireland – FD

Hello everyone!
    Had a dreadful CD yesterday which was more of an EFS to be honest…. The cake and crisps in the cupboard did not stand a chance with my mindset 😢😂. Back to not bringing anything like that into the house 👍
    I am having a good FD today….
    Long may it continue…🤞

With you today @daffodil2010 and @ccco

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list day 26
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco
    @jaifaim

Day 27, NFD, Aus

I’m so glad I did not see your post last night @fivetwofan as I might have used that as the excuse I was looking forward to have that glass of wine!! Fortunately, I took the Bad Dog out for agility training (dog sport where dogs are run through an obstacle course). For one reason and another we’ve not been to training for 5 weeks and I’ve done no “home work”. We’re still learning but he was awesome!! Did everything I asked of him and he was able to do all the “new” skills even though we’ve missed weeks of foundation training. I was on such a high at how well he’d done that my grumpy mood vanished and I successfully completed my FD with a cup of peppermint tea. Halo is shining this morning.

Which is much needed as I hopped on the scales for the first time since November. When I say “hopped” I meant, I gingerly crept up to them whispering sweet nothings in hope of a favourable response. Depending on which of the three readings it offered me, I’ve put on 5 kgs. Ouch! I need to hang on to that mojo and renewed commitment to DTF.

Thanks for all your kind words re my career, @ FiveTwoFan, @daffodil2010, @nellen. I do have options but my challenge is deciding what I really want to do when I grow up!

Isn’t soapstone a very soft substance, @nellen? If so, maybe not a good choice for a countertop. We have an engineered quartz in our kitchen – it’s man made, more expensive than laminate but cheaper than granite or marble (at least in Australia) and it’s tough and very forgiving of potential stains.

Way to go @ccco!

Day 27 U.K. NFD (maybe a ZBC)

@penz

Yay for the Bad Dog’s awesome agility training!

Yay for a (water-only?) Fast Day ! (Yikes, how DO you and @at manage such things?!)

Yay for you being in a good mood again and having lots of career options!

Anyway very sorry that I was the devil incarnate (😈 ) encouraging you to have wine and I am very very glad that you had such a brilliant first day. Thank God indeed that you didn’t read my post ha ha ha!!

It’s so difficult losing weight when you have a full time job though isn’t it? My niece’s Personal Trainer told her that if she didn’t do her 10,000 steps per day OUTSIDE of gym training and managing her diet, then she might as well forget it!!!!!!!!! 😱😀

Well onto my news ,,..
    I had a fabulous FD 800 yesterday and that was my second of the week and I’m scheduled for a third FD800 on Friday.

But next week I think I will only do two FD800S… I don’t want it to get boring and then I might run the risk of losing my fasting Mojo…

Anyway over the weekend I’m going to pop out and buy Dr Mosley’s recipe book for the fast day 800 range… That should prove inspirational!

Yesterday I suddenly realised that my belt had gone down yet another notch which was quite exciting 🎉🎉🎉

However the scales are absolutely refusing to budge! Have I lost anything at all this month? No, not a sausage! In fact today I have put on a pound ha ha ha

Anyway I’m very excited about my belt being one notch tighter and for the compliments that I had from friends and DH last weekend so I am sure the scales will eventually decide to concur with my clothes!

Blimey I’m hungry this morning… Can I make this into a ZBC or am I going to go and have some breakfast?!!

Second post

I’m not risking editing the above as my post will disappear!

Correction for the « devil » paragraph:
    it should NOT say « first day «  it should read FAST day!

Day 27, Emdem Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

@brightonbelle Perhaps I should join you on your mojo search, mine is gone completely but we still have a few days left and we have to make the best of them.

@fivetwofan5252 Thanks for your uplifting post!

@nellen No, I’ve never used soapstone as a counter top, I only know soapstone as a material you can use in art class. Is is hard enough to use as a counter top?

@stitchincarol Now I had to google ginger snaps. My recipe doesn’t have cinnamon in it. I want them to be chewy, I don’t want the snap but don’t know what to add to get them more chewy and less snappy. Your MIL must know lots of German recipes, does she cook German or American style meals?

@ccco Only 1 pound to go and 5 days left for this month, very promising!

@penz I’m glad to hear you had a good dog training and it lifted your mood. Is there any one who can help you to make a good dicision on how to go on with your career?

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Loving the banter on the forum, it’s such a great place to come when the world seems crazy and normality is here. Loving the kitchen stories, wow @snowflake56 that’s so cool how you bring your kitchen with you when moving house.

@nelken, I giggled at your woo-woo description, but only because I am into those things too…..so with mercury in retrograde that might explain a lot re my own ups and downs the past few weeks.

@stitchincarol, right there with you at not losing anything since November and in fact I have put on 3lbs since my hospitalisation in April, despite everything I try. However, I feel healthy, BP good, so hopefully soon

@fivetwofan5252 so funny with your devil comment to @penz to have the wine….and yay that she didn’t!

So my FD was good, lost a pound, but felt really good mentally yesterday. I am trying my darnedest to keep my mind in a positive frame, but there are dark thoughts in the background that I am trying to ignore. I am normally a super positive person so will pull out all the stops to keep that way. I just want the next few weeks to over and then a good recovery from the 17th.

And yes @snowflake56, thanks for reminding me, now I CAN have my birthday weekend away to Dobegal, the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny, so much to look forward to.

Right, back to get office today and glad of it. I had to WFH yesterday as I was not allowed to drive for 24 hours after the sedation. I felt fine, but officially if anything had happened I would have been “under the influence” 😱 Never that in my life behind the wheel!!

Have a lovely Thursday. I have booked Tomorrow and Monday off so wil have a long weekend in the garden.

Hi everyone. Second FD done alongside second weekly run. Feeling good. Ahead of a weekend away I plan to keep food light today, hoping to balance out the indulgence to come, plus I have another run to complete tomorrow.
    @ccco I find that weight often fluctuates and my view is always that, if you are keeping to a plan, in general and eventually, the scales catch up and you get the loss you’re looking for. So many other factors at various times in the month…
    @daffodil2010 enjoy your long weekend in the garden, I have from Fri-Tues off and am really looking forward to a break.
    @FiveTwoFans5252 isn’t it great when the belt notch goes down! I put some jeans on this morning and they are looser that when I last had them on – feels great doesn’t it!
    Have a great day everyone.

Day 27 North Canton OH NFD

Love the banter on the forum 😁😁

@penz your dog is priceless!!! I am sure you were horrified at the time, but in retrospect you will be laughing over that story for years.

One more week to deal with the craziness of my project- which is why I have not posted the last 2 days, however I successfully completed my portion yesterday after almost tearing out my hair. While attempting to fix a minor detail, I missed something and almost lost the whole thing!!! The horror!!! anyway, our data analyst was able to fix it all and save the day. He deserves a gold star and a hill full of roses!!!

@nellen engineered quartz would be my preference too like @penz said. How exciting to remodel your kitchen though- what a great project-with a proven return on investment.

@timetochange, @fivetwofans5252, @ccco and @daffodil2010 congrats on the losses and looser fit. every step forward is a win!

Our team is getting together in person for a picnic in the park, its our first face to face in more than a year and I am here for it!

Have a nice day everyone- I am off work Friday to Tuesday, its a much needed break from work, I will try to log on and check but am fully aware that I may not make it. So I will say my good byes to May while I can. Thank you @snowflake56 for being such a great host🌹💐🌺🌻🌼💞

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

Last day of my 4:3 for the week/month. My last FD for May will be either Sunday or Monday, depending on Memorial Day activities. Today’s weigh in: 222 lbs. Going to be a very stressful day at work, but hopeful for a great FD. Looking forward to my upcoming trip to the beach (not so keen to break my 5:2, but it will be an interesting experiment to see if those “reset your metabolism” theories are true or not). I’m also looking forward to being in the 2-teens soon! I’m less than 20 lbs. away from officially kissing obesity good-bye. How exciting!

Pocket list day 27

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

I caught myself thinking a few minutes ago, “Yup, today’s a FD and tomorrow I get to ignore it all and have a break.” Hmmm…is that why I haven’t been losing weight, because I consciously plan to sabotage myself on a Friday after a successful week of control? So now, I’m spending the day celebrating today’s FD and looking forward to tomorrow’s controlled eating, LOL. “So there, self; you do NOT get to go nuts tomorrow!”

And I have good reason to be so determined, despite two NFDs in a row, I was still only 149.0 this morning, so I’m clearly on a downward path, yippee!

Yay, @ccco for the loss of water weight; good luck on losing that final pound yet this month!

@jaifaim Serious sympathies on the EFS troubles you had, but so glad your mojo returned so nicely to have a good FD yesterday.

@penz Yay for self-control and peppermint tea; well done, you!!!!

@fivetwofan5252 Nice news that the belt is smaller by another notch now. Isn’t it fascinating how bodies continue to lose size even weight the weight isn’t budging?

@snowflake56 What’s fascinating about “gingersnaps” is that they are often a chewy cookie, with no snap at all. On the other hand, if you buy them in the store, they’re smaller, and have a pronounced snap and are crunchy. The best thing I know to keep cookies soft is to slightly underbake them; as they cool out of the oven, they continue to cook to a temperature that has them safe to eat, but they are and remain soft and chewy. You might try figuring out just how short a time you can bake them to achieve the softness you want…although, that’s suggesting you have a boatload of cookies/biscuits in your house, which is not necessarily a wise thing for any of us trying to control our weight, is it?? 🤣😂🤣

@daffodil2010 a four-day weekend sounds glorious; have a grand time bimbling around in your garden!

@timetochange Nice job on the jeans being loser than they were last time!

@basyjames Congratulations on finally being done with your huge project, and have a grand time at your picnic!

@northgeorgia My hope for you is that you behave more like @songbirdme did in Utah than like I did in Texas…she came back the same weight, and I haven’t yet lost what I gained while there, sigh…So perhaps you need to be firm with your family about how you intend to eat–or not, LOL–while on this beach vacation. I know it sounds nuts, but after I made the decision that was how I was going to behave on our vacation to family in California last summer, I really did succeed at it with little difficulty or commotion. Whatever you choose, and however you approach it, good luck with reaching the 2-teens sooner than later and with having a vacation free of dramatic gain.

The only problem with DH’s day off being Mondays is that, when a Federal holiday falls on one, it doesn’t feel particularly different than any other day, LOL! But some dear friends and their DS29 are joining DH and me, and our DS29 and DS24, on Monday afternoon, and I’m really looking forward to it. I’m barbecuing/smoking beef ribs (normally do pork, but found these and was intrigued) and making beans and potato salad plus a green salad. For dessert, I’m making a fresh strawberry cake. My friend offered to bring something, but I told her not to bother since I already had so much food planned.

So, in that spirit, I’m really focused on eating little, and well, over the next few days, so that even if I go nuts on Monday, it won’t be a disaster.

@at Have you been busy with wonderful long hikes that you’ve been so silent?

@northerndawn I’m puzzled that you’ve been so silent since your DGD’s graduation last Saturday. I hope it was a glorious day, and that you’re simply busy and basking in the glow of a wonderful day.

Pocket list day 27
    @stitchincarol

USA. DAY 27. FD800

Pocket list day 27
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

Off to play some golf! I will be back later to read all posts!🏌🏻‍♀️

Day 27 USA – FD

My pint blood draw yesterday went fine, but I did find myself quite hungry into dinnertime and evening. Going to join the pocket list today, maybe 800? My last FD was last Friday, so one a week is working for me in maintenance. I have quite a few errands to run today, so this ought to be a fairly easy FD.

@stitchincarol – thanks for the props about my time away from home (and scale) in Utah. I guess the years of maintenance is why it still works. Enjoy your Monday with family and friends! DS will be 47 on the 30th, the traditional Memorial Day, and he always loved back in the days before the Monday Holiday Rule that we had a picnic for his birthday. Oh well … he’s living in California now, Anaheim the place of his birth, being a Disney Authorized Planner.

Pocket list day 27
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 27 Minnesota, USA FD

Hello everyone! I’m almost caught up on posts from the last several days. DH and I had a wonderful long weekend at DGD’s graduation reception and then ceremony. It had been 15 months since we had seen DS and his family. I hope never to have to be away from them that long again. DGS has grown a couple of inches taller in just that amount of time, and his voice has changed so much! We will actually see them again in another week, to watch DGD in her last dance recital. We have sat through recitals for the last 14 years, which I enjoy but it is not my DH’s favorite thing at all. But this one will be emotional for everyone, I’m sure.

Saturday morning I weighed in at 155 exactly. Tuesday morning I weighed 159!! Since I knew that even with many indulgences over the weekend I could not possibly have eaten enough calories to put on 4 pounds of fat, I just increased my water intake, decreased carbs, and went for a long walk during a very hot and humid day. We also visited a couple garden centers and bought a lot of plants and garden soil for our containers which meant a lot of lifting and walking about. By the next morning (yesterday the 26th) I was down 2 lbs to 157. It’s amazing how much water we can hold onto, especially with high carb intake.

Yesterday we spent the entire day planting and gardening. It had cooled off considerably but was still sunny. We knew the rain was on it’s way, so we worked into the evening to finish. I fell asleep reading the posts last night, so I went to bed without posting.

It’s a rainy and cold 45F day and I’m going to try for a FD500. My weight this morning is down again, to 156.5, so I’m hoping to get back to last Saturday’s 155 pounds by this coming Saturday. There is no way that I can lose 5 lbs by the end of the month to reach that elusive 150 number, but I would love to end this challenge at 154 lbs.

I’m so stiff from all the gardening yesterday I can hardly move! lol. Gardening is an excellent workout, apparently. And I’m not in as good of shape as I thought, obviously.

Back to catching up on posts. There have been so many great ones this past week! Thanks for checking up on me @stitchincarol

Pocket list day 27
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @songbirdme
    @northerndawn

Good luck!

Day 27 UK FD

Pocket list day 27
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @songbirdme
    @northerndawn
    @brightonbelle

Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow

Day 28, NFD, Aus

TGIF!! This has been a long week and I’m feeling tired. I went to a work dinner last night which was very pleasant but it was a late night.

Ha ha @fivetwo! (I hope you don’t mind me shortening your handle.) I find water FDs much easier than trying to limit calories so I am in awe of YOUR ability to do so many FD800s in a week – bowing down to you! I think each of us have our own strengths to use with the flexibility of this WOL which is what makes it so great. And super results with your shrinking belt. At this rate you’ll be in risk of adopting @IHL’s style of using baling twine to hold up your trousers!

That’s a good question @snowflake56. I am a mentor to several people, but I don’t have a mentor myself which is something I recognise as very limiting. I’d really welcome bouncing ideas off someone who understands my industry and options. OH is supportive but I think sick of my whinging!

We have a long weekend here too, but too cold to spend in the garden. Enjoy yours @daffodil2010!

Oh my heart was in my mouth, @basyjames. Technology is wonderful when it works but I can only imagine how terrified you must have felt thinking you’d lost everything. What a relief you have such a skilled data analyst. A picnic in the park sounds like a wonderful treat to round off the project.

How exciting to be heading into your teens, @northgeorgia. Your excitement is shining through.

@stitchincarol: yes!!! Something I also need to (re)learn. FDs do not ‘cure’ EFS on the other week days! But yay the downward path you’re on!

All this discussion re ginger snaps puts me in mind of an Arnotts biscuit (cookie) in Australia called Ginger Nuts. Depending on what state or territory you’re in, Arnotts makes the Ginger Nut to a different recipe to meet local tastes. (It was a national disaster when they tried to roll out a single recipe to everyone!) My local ones are relatively thick and extremely hard – you need really strong teeth to nibble on them. I prefer this style to the thinner softer variety in other states.

How lovely to catch up with family after so long, @northerndawn.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 28, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone!

The weather outside looks promising, a bit of sunshine and not too many clouds in the sky. A good day to go through my summer dresses and see what fits well and what doesn’t and can go to the charity shop as it opens again. We’re still in this endless lockdown but we know this isn’t going to last forever.

@daffodil2010 It’s tricky when you have to fit in your old kitchen in a new place. It’s never the right size and in this house the kitchen has a strange layout, we have windows on two sides and a large chimney in the corner. The sink part and a marble worktop are cemented onto the walls and one of the window sills. We decided to leave it this way and to just add parts of the kitchen we had as we didn’t intend to stay here forever. Well, eight years later we’re still in this house. When it’s your birthday weekend, it’s even better you’re not in hospital then. Enjoy working in the garden this weekend!

@timetochange I see, you’re also having a few days off, enjoy it!

@basyjames I so agree with your praise on data analysts, when I worked at the practice it was such a relief I could call them when I was in trouble. They often could fix it by locking into our server and if not, it never took long to fix it on site. How lovely to have a picnic in the park with your team, it’s nice to do something else together. Enjoy your days off and thank you so much for the flowers!

@stitchincarol I already shortened the baking time from 20 to 15 minutes. When I take them out of the oven, they are still soft and stay this way on the day of baking. Overnight they firm up and the chewyness (?) disappears. Perhaps it’s just not the right recipe for chewy ginger biscuits. I can’t do another try bake, I can’t get the right sugar and ginger in Germany but as you say, it’s perhaps not such a good idea to bake large amounts of biscuits because I’m the one who eats them may they be snappy of chewy. Fresh strawberry cake doesn’t sound bad either!

@northerndawn What a wonderful time you had with your family! I hope you’re able to omve today, gardening is hard work but so satisfying.

@brightonbelle How was your FD, did you manage it?

@penz Is there anyone in the same position you have who can give you any advice? One of the questions people are asked when being interviewed for a new job is this one: “Where do you see yourself in 5 years in this company?” Will you be doing the same or do you really want something different? How interesting to read from a company that makes biscuits to meet local tastes. Yes, tastes and eating habits do differ a lot in different parts of countries. My family is from the south of the Netherlands and we often combine savory and sweet, like cheese and apple syrup on bread, liver pâté with cranberry jam or ginger cake in a stew. People on the west coast of the Netherlands think that’s pretty disgusting.

Why do I write so much about food when I’m attempting a FD?

@at On the spreadsheet I saw you intend to do a FD as well, are you with me today?

Is there anyone willing to host the June challenge?

Pocket list day 28
    @at
    @snowflake56

Day 28 – Still on walking holiday Cairngorms Scotland – NFD

Good morning everyone

Thought I’d pop by this morning, today is 6 months since I completed six weeks of daily radiotherapy and chemotherapy. I was in bad shape, it had taken its toll and the coming weeks were going to be grim (just how bad I didn’t know!)

Fast forward six months, today we’re on our last full day of our walking holiday having spent a couple of days with ‘the kids’ on our way up here.
    We’ve been out walking every day, we both feel incredibly well, happy and healthy. The daily walks are burning plenty of calories to offset the food and drink being consumed 😉
    Shortest walking day only 5.5 miles, Longest 11 miles.
    Calories burned daily, 775 least, 1391 most.
    Steps daily 11620 least, 23746 most.

Returning home tomorrow feeling rather happy with life, hope you’re all keeping well.

Take care all, I-hate-Mclettuce 🙂

Day 28, London UK, FD(???)

Morning All!!!!

I was wondering how to start this post, how to explain my absence, how to update everyone on the complete and utter nightmare of the last few months. This is, after-all, a fasting forum!! For those who don’t know me & don’t need to know why I’ve been MIA since mid-Feb ………………….. feel free to skip this post!!!

It’s taken some time to compose, I actually started this post on 22nd May, and I’ve been editing it down from novella size!!! Anyway, here goes …………………….

Many of you know that my mum has had Alzheimers for many many years, well controlled with medication and she’s been living relatively independently up until my dad passed away in 2017, then my brother moved in as company (and to help out) rather than because she couldn’t cope. Anyhow in January this year having worked our a*rses off to keep her isolated and away from the Covid madness, she injured her toe, no big deal, referred to a podiatrist, no big deal, but in the space of a month the wound had deteriorated to such an extent and another toe was showing similar signs that she was referred to the vascular clinic by the podiatrist as he felt the circulation was poor!! Anyway, without giving TMI – 2 leg arteries are blocked only 1 viable one, toe turned gangrenous, infection has spread to another toe, medics😤 believe ‘self-amputation’ 😱is better than angioplasty (at her age) or surgical removal (again, at her age) mental state has taken a big step down (I think pain induced!!) she’s on liquid morphine, codeine and a morphine patch. So, my beautiful 😍mother 💕 who has the highest pain threshold of anyone I know is really suffering & struggling with the pain😭. The offending appendage was finally removed this Tuesday, no anaesthetic since it was dead (He said😤) ………………………. she screamed, I cried, traumatic doesn’t quite describe it!!! This whole situation is soooooo very hard for me (I know it’s harder for my mum😳😭, that fasting has been sporadic at best. So my flat is up for sale, I’m aiming to buy a larger house with a garden, move my mum in, rent out her house which will pay for carers to look after her in my house ………………………….. I promised no care home many years ago, so I’ll try my very best unless it becomes unsafe. It’s a plan, and my plate is very very full at the moment ………………. In many respects!!! So here I am, back where I belong, finally placing myself 2nd on the list & looking to give & get the support we all need to get this weight issue, health issue, poor eating habit stuff under control.
    I think I’m 10lbs up on where I was this time last year when I had a successful ADF month with LFDs (WHAT!!!!) I couldn’t imagine a LFD at the moment, but obviously I didn’t die from a whole month of them last year ……………………….. it’s ALL mental strength, which I’m a little short on at the moment😭!!!!

I’ll try my best to be present & correct throughout June, but bear with me, I’m out of practise!!!

Lovely to see so many old friends are still here, too many to name as I would hate to miss anyone, but whether you’re with me because you’ve got red wine 🍷 in your veins, never met a carb 🍩 you didn’t love, are going through hot flush hell 😤 or one of those maintainers😇 I aspire to be …………………………… y’all know you keep me honest & make me feel like I’m coming home!!! Phew!!

Here’s to knuckling down for June!!!

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France

Day 28 OMAD London

@flourbaby – that sounds like a very tough year. I always think of you as my London neighbour, although I have no idea where you live in our city. Thinking of you, trying to sort out your mum’s troubles. Poor her. It must be a very hard time for your family. I hope everything works out well for you all.

Day 28 Wales NFD

@flourbaby 🤗🤗🤗

May has not been a good month for shifting the regained pounds….basically no progress because I haven’t been fasting properly. I have had a persistent episode IBS lasting weeks and have been more concerned about restoring balance in my gut than the numbers on the scales. I think my tummy is beginning to calm down so I’m up for a Reset in June and looking forward to being with you all again for the daily support.

Off to get my head in gear for the Reset….and another dose of kefir!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 402 total)

You must be logged in to reply.