May 2021 5th Anniversary Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2021 5th Anniversary Challenge

This topic contains 395 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Snowflake56 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 402 total)

• Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Had a bit of tummy upset so taking a break from fasting until it settles but just looked in to see how everyone is doing.

@songbirdme Happy Belated Birthday and many happy returns 💐😘

@snowflake56 thanks for hosting this month, you’re doing great.

Hope to be back to normal soon and joining in on FDs. Keep safe all xx

Day 4, NFD, Aus

PFDS today!  My mojo seems to have returned and the pocket list was a great mental support yesterday – thank you all. I feel back in the groove.

Ha ha, @fivetwofan5252 – I’m travelling for half of next week and the week after! But I have enjoyed the last few weeks staying put and not having to don a mask in airports.

That’s quite a cooking challenge, @brewster, having to cater for such a range of dislikes. I spose it wouldn’t be the done thing to serve beer every night for dinner!

I’m drooling @stitchincarol – I love slow cooked meat. And well done for so cleverly getting rid of any cake temptations.

@snowflake 56 – no, not Perth, I’m on the other side of the country in Canberra. I just hope our Kiwi friends jump on before me in the morning!

Happy belated birthday to you too @songbirdme. The best possible present I could give you would be to NOT sing to you!

Hi @missybear – hope your tummy upset is temporary and you’re back to full health (and fasting) soon.

Day 4, FD 800, AUS

Hi all, I’m joining in this month’s challenge having bailed out of last month’s when life got a bit crazy – work geared up, and we now have two young pandemic refugees living with us, having finally managed to repatriate home.

I’m F52, started IF and this WOL at the start of this year, when a mix of perimenopause and pandemic saw my weight suddenly jump up a stone. I lost 5k in the first three challenges, and then put 1.5k back on last month. So I am now looking to lose a good 3k, and want to see 2 of those disappear this month.

Weirdly, I can now mostly fit in all of my nice work and going-out clothes again, but the extra weight is *really* hanging around my face, and it makes me feel like I’m not “myself” somehow. So my main goal this month is to lose the face blubber and feel like I recognise myself in the mirror again.

Day 4, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

I hope all fasters had a good FD and the non fasters enjoyed whatever they ate!

No plans for today, my DH is doing our weekly shopping, no accompanying persons allowed since we have a stricter lockdown since last week. I prefer to shop together as he tends to overstock. He doesn’t buy unhealthy things, just too much for a two person household.

@missybear I’m glad to have you with us too! I hope your tummy upset will pass soon and you can go to normal again. Just take care, getting well is more important than fasting.

@penz How good your mojo has returned, without it, trying to fast is more like a struggle. Gosh, I was totally wrong about Perth, my memory isn’t what it used to be any more.!You seem to be 8 hours ahead of me. We have about the same temperature today 12° with rain, not great to walk the dogs. We only have @wacm from New Zealand perhaps 5:2 isn’t very well known or popular there as we don’t have participants from there often. What kind of work do you do that makes you travel so much (you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to of course)?

@litprof Welcome to this month’s challenge! It’s always interesting to see where we lose weight, at some places it can be very stubborn.

I’m missing a few of our regular posters like @daffodil2010, @michelinme, @jaifaim, @lilymartin, who was waiting for the arrival of a new grandchild around Easter, @betsylee, @erikaa67 and @nuno, who did so well over the last two months. I hope you’re all well and just don’t feel the need to join us this month.

Good luck to all fasters today!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning @snowflake56, thanks for the shout out, it’s been such a busy May bank holiday weekend that I actually forgot to post!

But back on board and delighted to be here. It was a weekend of take out foods and bad food choices, beer and wine, and the scales are showing the water weight. All other measures like waist etc remain the same, so just going to fast and see how we go.

Saw my grandaughter and stepdaughter for the first time since Christmas, they stayed over Sunday night and it was great to have them. How big a 5 year old can grow in 5 months!!

Hope everyone is fine.

Day 4 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What a soggy day yesterday here in the Lake District, a day very much for doing house jobs and keeping busy. Had a really good and easy FD though and slept particularly well last night. Heading to the clothes shops today to pick up the last bits and bobs for the new wardrobe!

@snowflake56@at and I live within about 20 miles of each other, the Lakeland names are brilliant, a lot deriving from Norse. But a lot of names were just local names that have been around such a long time they stuck. The last name on my list ie Yans Lane, Yan is the old dialect for number one. Underhill Wood lies ‘under’ the shelter of the top of the hill, fascinating sometimes. We have a local historian who has done a lot of research and things still keep turning up.

Re @basyjames eating to BMR on NFD’s, my BMR is 1721 and I find I lose weight consistently (or a better chance) if I try and stay as close to that as possible four days a week, 2 x FD’s at 600 and Friday off.

Take care all

Day 4, NZ, NFD

I’m away today for a 5 day bike trip from Mt Cook (New Zealands highest mountain) 305 km to Oamaru on the coast. The trail is called Alps to Ocean. I did it 5 year’s ago, but a lot of the trail wasn’t formed so rode a bit on the public road. I don’t think that I will be able to do any fasts, but that’s the beauty of this WOL is that its flexible.

Day 4 Melb Aust NFD

@snowflake56, I’m in for May, though I may not post often. I’m coming under pressure with my studies, plus have broken a bone in my dominant left hand, with splint, so typing is restricted.

Info re me: 71-y-old single female, household run by ginger tabby cat, Wilbur. Retired, but challenging myself with studying at doctorate level, getting to the “pointy end” so quite busy. Still would like to lose weight, so need to manage time more carefully.

Good luck everyone!

Day 4 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody.
    Had a good FD yesterday and reached my 10,000 steps, it was a lovely day for walking.

@stitchincarol – love your country walk description, hilarious, ha ha ha.
    @at – your hikes sound so wonderful.

Good luck all.

Day 4 – USA/GA – FD

Although I did have a slice of pie and a bowl of pasta and meatballs for supper, I didn’t go crazy. Down a couple of ounces to maintain a 225 lb weight going into today’s FD, the last official one of the week.

I’ll be even more mindful on Wednesday and Thursday NFDs. My evening light vegetable soup awaits for those days! Most of this month will be crazy with unusual tasks and meetings, so I’ll be testing the 5:2 flexibility to the limits haha!

Pocket list – Day 4
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

Day 4 UK FD

Shocked how easy it is to mindlessly rack up those calories
    thought I was having a relaxed day off , but my a few nuts here couple of nachos there and going on for 2k cals!!!

Luckily still early in the month so time to be much more aware going forward

Pocket list – Day 4
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @brightonbelle

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Well, yesterday’s FD fell far short of the goal…I even had two glasses of wine! Dunno why my mojo is so determined to be absent, but I can celebrate that I slept through the night, for eight hours straight! Was it the particular combo of food/wine? Was it simply that I was due an excellent night’s sleep? Who knows, but I’m aiming for an excellent day today; hopefully it will succeed better than yesterday!

@basyjames When I read your comment about preferring to stop eating at noon or one, I was reminded of what my mom always said: “Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, supper like a pauper.” Curious, I looked up that quote, and it’s from Adelle Davis, a well-known nutritionist that my mom really respected. But there’s another, far older, quote that “Butter is gold in the morning, silver at noon, and lead at night.” Ain’t THAT the truth, LOL!

@litprof Welcome back! I’ve never heard about weight hanging on to the face; “weirdly,” indeed! Good luck with losing that quickly!

@daffodil2010 How lovely to have seen your DGD and DSD! I’m impatient to see my own DGD: at Christmas, she was 14 months, so there are lots of changes that video calls simply don’t communicate.

Wow, @wacm, cool adventure you’re having; enjoy!

@dvw 😁 Thanks!

Sometimes I feel so chatty that I manage to reply to everyone’s comments, and that’s not the case today, but I sure enjoy reading all the chatter! Today, I drive into Omaha to teach a piano lesson and then run errands, so that will help keep me from snacking. I’m still trying to figure out what I’ll make for supper. Perhaps salmon??

Have a grand day, everyone, and hopefully I’ll find the mojo that several of you have reclaimed!

USA. Day 4. FD

Been so busy with Spring cleaning and my grandson but reading posts. Glad to see everyone. Adding myself to pocket list.

Pocket List Day 4
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 4 UK NFD/CD

Yesterday I had a mega fast day, sailed through it and then I didn’t eat today until 215pm, so I am feeling very pleased with myself! Yay!

I have another FD planned for tomorrow, so hope I see some progress by the end of the week. I am impatient!!

Good luck to everyone fasting today 🙂

Day 4 North Canton OH NFD

Thank you @snowflake56. You are right and that was my only consolation; nuts are better than sweets. I started eating to my BMR after I got the fit index scale, which calculates it for me using my weight and body composition. as a menopausal woman, eating to BMR on my fast days was very effective in helping me lose weight last month. On some days I ate to TDEE, but my calorie range was from BMR-TDEE. I am trying it again just to get to the middle of my maintenance weight range. Those nuts were delicious but very calorie laden.

I have made peace with ADF as my diet regimen for the next foreseeable future. Tt may feel overly restrictive for some, but it’s perfect for me with where I am right now.

have a nice day everyone

Second post

For some weird reason, I could not see anyone’s post from today when I logged on to post. I could only see yesterday’s post and I thought that was pretty weird because I am usually one of the last people to post for the day, so I type up my post – hit send and then all of the other posts showed up!

@snowflake56 DH also tends to overstock and I keep reminding him that there is only so much that two people can eat. Our daughters still live at home, but they are teens now and very particular about what they eat. For example, they have stopped eating beef, pork and the like, while OH and I still enjoy our steaks every other weekend or so. He recently proposed that we buy ¼ of a cow to stock up the freezer. I think that is way too much beef for 2 people who practice IF to have to deal with – can you imagine? There would be steaks coming out of our ears!!!!

@daffodil2010 kids grow up way too fast I agree

@i hate lettuce, good to know that you have had the same experience with eating to BMR, I thought it was just for menopausal women 😁😁

@wacm that sounds like a fun hike

@brightonbelle nuts are so sneaky! I have to count how many I eat; otherwise, I can easily top 2500 calories in a day

@stitchincarol your mother was way ahead of her time for sure😀

@ccco good to see you, I was wondering where you were. Also wondering about @flourbaby …..

That will be it for me today. See you guys tomorrow

Day 4 MN/USA FD

I had planned a FD for yesterday but did not manage to achieve it. Not even an 800 day or even a 1200 CD. I have been so hungry lately, and I know that is because I have increased my physical activity, I am at healthy BMI, and I have allowed more carbs and some weekend alcohol intake.

My body would happily stay at this weight, of 157-158 lbs. I am 64, and at 169 cm (5 ft 6.5 inches) that’s right at 24.7-8 BMI. It seems to be about where I always plateau, and that means I either live with it……or figure it out and make the long- lasting (life-long) changes to get me to a lower weight consistently. Since my knee is still complaining when on inclines or declines, another 10 lbs seems the reasonable weight to get to in order to avoid surgery or an intervention, for as long as possible. That’s my goal.

I’d still like to try for at least 4 lbs of loss in the next 3 weeks before my DGD’s graduation, but if I can lose at least a Kg, I will call that a small success.

I’ve run out of time to comment further, so will try to later.

@snowflake56 – I have the same problem when my DH does grocery shopping. He buys two or three of what I put on the list, even when I say only buy one. He says the items were on sale, so he thought he should. LOL. It’s a running joke between us, he seems unable to pass up buying at least a few items extra. Then I have to find a place and/or use it. I hate throwing out spoiled food.

Good luck to all.

Day 4 USA – NFD “Star Wars Day: May the 4th be with you”

Quick check in. At the other half of my birthday dinner last evening, so doing my best today not to overeat. Appointments today with DH for health and welllness — so rather busy.

@northerndawn – where you are is “dern close” to what i am at maintenance. Yes, i could also lose a few more pounds, but my joints aren’t complaining being right at BMI 25.

@wacm – your Alps to the Ocean trek sounds just amazing. I love NZ although we just saw the South Island.

Onward and downward.

Dear Snowflake56, thanks for posting, I am new to this system. Actually on FD (finished) got through without too many hunger pangs. I’m on a mission to loose 14lbs following 5:2 original plan. Presume this Challenge is to help keep us motivated through May. So by Saturday I can hopefully report a positive lb loss. 3 to 4 lbs over May would be fab. I’m F, 56 and already lost 2.5lbs over past 2 weeks of 2:5 500 FD.. so this is the start of my third week. Fish and green vegetables for dinner.. wow veggies taste so good after fasting! 🙂

Day 5, FD, Aus

I got to take the dogs out last night (only a light drizzle) and this morning so all is good! More rain is forecast for today, even though at the moment the sky is mostly clear.

I found your comment interesting @litprof re your face looking plumper. I tend to put weight on on my belly and hips. What about others?

Hi @snowflake. I’m an auditor which sounds terribly boring but I really enjoy it. I get to travel around various aspects of the company, talk to people (I like people) and going down rabbit holes to check policies and procedures are being followed properly (this appeals to my curious nature).

Your butter quote is so true, @stitchincarol – I’d not heard that one before. I find mojo is much easier to hang on to after a good night’s sleep so fingers crossed that yours is one the way back home.

Happy hump day everyone.

Day 4 – Ireland – NFD

Hi @snowflake56! Thanks for thinking of me… I just logged in as I’m on holidays from work (but at home) and it’s been busy catching up with friends I haven’t seen in months and visiting places I had on my post 🦠 list 😂. Not that we are post-COVID by any stretch of the imagination but have walked on beaches I’ve not been to before… and found new routes with my bike..
    I will check in properly tomorrow! Thank you for hosting and @michelinme thank you for hosting April!
    I received my first jab at the weekend… was called on Friday – all very quick but well organised and I haven’t felt too bad… a little woolly but no flu symptoms.👍
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 5, UK, FD.

Yesterday was an extremely controlled day and today I have woke up feeling really quite empty ahead of my fast day… Oh well I will just have to drink lots of extra water I suppose!

@basyjames
    @snowflake56
    @norterndawn
    My DH is exactly the same! He buys two or three of everything on the list, just as you describe!

He especially buys loads of particular vegetables that he knows that I like, which is very kind but there is a limit to how many cabbages a person can eat!!!!! And you can’t even freeze a cabbage!

I do put them through the juicer, so they do get used… But our fridge always contains at least three pounds of butter and at least for different types of cheeses ha ha ha.

Hoping I’ll have lost at least 1LB by Friday! 🤞🤞

Day 5 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

A fun morning yesterday, topped up the wardrobe with more new clothes, only need the budgie smugglers and mankini now then ready for summer 😉

Heavy frost again this morning, hopefully this may be the last now, planning on putting quite a few things out of the greenhouse on Friday, looks like all will be clear by then, give it a couple of nights to warm a little.

Bright and sunny so out for a wander this morning.

Take care all.

Day 5, Melb Aust NFD

Reasonable day so far. Probably won’t aim for many FDs this month. If I can lose a kilo or two, I’ll be happy with that.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 5, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone!

It’s still rainy and stormy here and only 9°C, no a real Spring day. I didn’t sleep well last night after a long video chat with my best friend in the Netherlands who was diagnosed with lung cancer two weeks ago. Tomorrow she will hear if and how they are going to treat it. I’m glad hosting this challenge gives me other things to think about.

@daffodil2010 I’m glad you’re back with us again, Iit feels like something is missing when you’re not around. It must have been so lovely to have your stepdaughter and grandchild with you again.

@i-hate-lettuce I had to look up Norse, it seems seems names have a mythological background too. It must be interesting to know where all the names come from. The only interesting names I can offer for our town are Cats’ Alley, Dogs’ Path and Chicken Buyers Alley. I don’t know the origin of the first two but the last one speaks for itself.

@betsylee Welcome to the challenge! How unfortunate to break a bone in your dominant hand, it must be difficult to do everything the way you’re used to. Just give us a sign once in a while.

@wacm Enjoy your trip!

@dvw Are you joining me on another FD today?

@brightonbelle I have limited the amount of nut I eat, I count them out as it’s so easy to take a few more because they are so small.

@stitchincarol I hope you had another night of good sleep and it helps to bring you mojo back!

@fivetwofan5252 It’s such a good feeling when a FD went well, I’m with you today.

@basyjames and @i-hate-lettuce I looked up my BMR, it’s only 1118 cals. I don’t know if that’s enough if I do three FDs weekly. I don’t need to lose more weight although not all of my cloths fit again. I’m still figuring out how to eat well and to stay at the weight I have now.

@basyjames,@northerndawn and @fivetwofan5252 Why do they buy so much? If he comes home with lots of fruits and vegetables or mozzarella and smoked salmon almost out of date, I feel forced to eat them before they get old. We have 7 large cans of chick peas in the cupboard, that makes 14 meals so enough chick peas for the next of the year. We shared a lam with a friend a few years ago, after 2 years I had to throw away the leftovers as we don’t often eat meat, not even if it’s raised nearby. I really mustn’t think of buying a ¼ cow, it would be in the freezer forever.

@21aprilnewway Welcome to our little group! 5:2 seems to work well for you. It’s a good method to lose weight if you stick to the rules. If you have any problems or questions just ask, there is a lot of knowledge around here. I added your name to the spreadsheet in case you want to use it.

@penz I don’t think you have a boring job, it must be so interesting to see how everyone handles the company’s policies and procedures. Do they enjoy it when you’re checking on them or is there always some reservation and resistant?

@jaifaim Good to have you with us also! It must be so nice to get in touch with friends more often.
    Are you still doing the long bike rides you used to do?

Pocket list day 5

@penz
    @fivetwofan5252
    @dvw
    @basyjames
    @snowflake56

Day 5 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Yes @snowflake56 I’ll join you for another FD. I’ve had a bit of success this week so I’ll try to stay on the straight and narrow. So sorry to hear about your friend, it’s such a worry.

Good luck all.

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD

Having a Cinco de Mayo lunch meeting, so I’m being mindful today. I was debating it, but I think I’ll not do a ZBC today, but have something light to keep the hunger at bay until lunchtime.

Weigh-in: 222 lbs! Yes, we’re inching downwards, hoorah! 57 lbs lost since the start of last year.

Good luck to our pocketlisters today!

Day 5 UK NFD

Feeling positive / busy day will catch up on all posts tomorrow

Happy 🐫day all x

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

I managed some exercise yesterday, and my attempt at a CD only ended up as a TDEE, so I’m inclined to be kind to myself and call that a success. I’ve finally begun listening again to my hypnosis recording (between a week’s vacation and busy days, it’s been ignored for much of April), and am realizing the good effects of it have well and truly worn off my subconscious. So, with determination to find fifteen minutes every morning that won’t be interrupted by DH or obligations, perhaps it will help restore my mojo.

@fivetwofan5252 I think you’re hogging all the available mojo, LOL!!! Very impressive eating restraint; I hope you’re rewarded with all sorts of downward movement!!

@northerndawn Even as you’re frustrated by the difficulty of losing an additional four pounds, what a lovely problem you have, to decide where you’d most like to settle on the healthy BMI index. Well done!

@21aprilnewway Welcome! Sounds as if you’re off to a strong start!

Aww, @snowflake56, I’m so sorry about your friend. Keep us posted as to her prognosis, okay? And your street names made me giggle out loud; great names!

@northgeorgia Another new number! How exciting!

It got down to only a few degrees above freezing last night, so I’m holding off on planting any of my tomatoes. I really should go work in my big perennial bed, but I’m a fair weather gardener, and it’s NOT lovely outside, so I think it’ll have to wait. Soon, however, we’ll have warmth again, and sunshine, so I’ll just enjoy putzing around inside the house today.

Its day 5 and a FD for me! North Canton OH

I am usually rock solid on my FD but I was feeling a little wobbly today, so I need good mojo vibes from the group.

I also have a worksheet to help keep me on the straight and narrow on FD. My worksheet is divided into 4 parts;
    One part is for listing all the reasons why I feel like breaking my fast before it is scheduled to end,
    One is for listing all the benefits of continuing my fast
    the third box asks me to imagine and write down how I will feel 30 minutes after I eat, if I break my fast too early,
    and the last box is for imagining myself continuing the fast and how I would feel an hour from now.
    Just thinking it through is helpful for staying the course, plus I want my scale to play a happy jingle when I step on it tomorrow 📯
    @ I hate lettuce, the budgie smugglers !!!!🤣
    @snowflake56 I am so sorry about your friend’s diagnosis. I am also with you in trying to figure out a maintenance diet. With regards to clothes not fitting, may be you just need to tone and tighten things up. Strength training will do that for you.
    @northgeorgia celebrating the downward trend with you
    @stitchincarol small wins add up to big successes, I am glad that you are listening to your recordings again, and I am even more glad that you have them. Thank you for adding me to pocket list

Pocket list day 5

@penz
    @fivetwofan5252
    @dvw
    @basyjames
    @snowflake56

Day 5, UK, FD – SECOND POST

Well I am so hungry today! After a FD on Tuesday and then an extremely controlled day yesterday, I am now really hungry and suffering that energy low which comes from doing Keto for several days.

I didn’t set out to do Keto, it just turned out like that.

So I am lacking in energy and I am super-hungry!

But @stitchincarol – you’re right I still have plenty of fasting mojo!!

I just logged on to get some inspiration, so THANK YOU @basyjames!! Just the right words at just the right time!
    I have gone through all of your quadrants and I am not going to break my fast, but I am going to go to bed very very early!!

I just had some celery, loads of salt and a large tomato – I feel a bit better! My DH is also bringing me an organic cucumber from the shops shortly (or maybe he will bring 3 – who knows!!) so that is another snack for me to gnaw on!

Roll on dinner time! I have decided that I am going to have the full 500 cals at dinner, so all in all it will probably be a FD650-FD700 for me.

Day 5 MN/USA NFD

I did manage a FD800 yesterday and a 3+km walk. That will do, just fine!

@snowflake56 – I’m very sorry to hear of your friend’s diagnosis with lung cancer. There are much better treatments these days than even ten years ago, so I hope she can be helped by these new options. Hugs sent to you.

@songbirdme – I have kept you in mind when trying to decide where I want to be with weight and BMI. You have stayed so stable with your weight, and consistent with this WOL through the years, instead of up and down like me! I’ve decided it would be better to focus on maintaining at this weight throughout the next couple of months, and get in better shape with strength and balance then to try to lose much more.
    If I push too hard, if I get to the point I don’t enjoy living this way, then I know I will get weary of it and at some point I’ll just stop, as I have before. And then I will gain back all I’ve worked hard to lose.
    So, I will focus on losing a few more pounds to see where I end up, when my joints feel best, and where my Doctor feels things are okay, and just be as healthy as I can at that weight. Your example has inspired my decision. Thanks for sharing all the years!

@stitchincarol – Thanks! I just bet listening to your tapes will get you re-focused! You are one busy lady, so give yourself a pat on the back for still trying to stay on target through it all. You are that persistent river!

@fivetwofan5252 – “an organic cucumber……or 3,” made me laugh. Exactly the same thing happens for me, exactly! Good job on the low cal veg snacks. It’s easy to read for other things that seem tastier, but good for you to work through it with @basyjames suggestions. I will use those quadrants too!

@northgeorgia – Congrats on that 222!

Good luck fasters and mindful eaters!

Day 5 USA – NFD “Cinco de Mayo”

Likely will find a Mexican restaurant for supper tonight to celebrate along with Hispanic culture.

@21aprilnewway – you are at one terrific place to help you along with our WOL. I had just begun my 5:2 weight loss journey when I joined @coda 5 years ago. This group of fosters has kept me on the straight and narrow path of maintenance for over 4 years. May I encourage you to read and post as often as you’re able, every day if possible.

Onward and downward.

Day 5 Manchester, UK NFD,

Wasn’t able to post yesterday, off north of the border to Scotland for a long work day.
    Anyway, Monday’s fast day went well. Didn’t go over my 500 which was pretty miraculous for me on a bank holiday. No brewing though, life, family etc got in the way, so hopefully next weekend.

Yesterday I broke my no breakfast habit comprehensively by having a hobbit-like 2! Early start after FD and I was actually hungry, so I had a few water biscuits and some low fat cream cheese. By the time I stopped en route to Glasgow I was hungry again so had a yogurt and fruit with my coffee. Rest of the day was a light lunch of about 270 calories and then pasta with a chicken and tomato sauce for dinner which took me up to me TDEE which is about 1800 calories.

@missybear. Hope your tummy upset has sorted itself.

@penz. I would serve beer with every meal if I could, made with hops and barley you could almost call it a salad! My kids don’t like it either though! We get by. I have doggedly refused to make different meals for different people so everyone eats what’s made or makes their own. Making their own doesn’t happen too often. DS is back at uni at the moment so it’s one less set of food preferences to worry about.
    I too am an auditor (health & safety/environmental), hence my travels, although I’m sure I don’t rack up the same amount of miles as you do.

FD tomorrow. Looking forward to it in a weird way!

Day 5, 2nd post

I hope our small fasting group did well today!

@stitchincarol Oh yes, the hypnosis, did it have any effect last month or do you have to listen to the recording regularly to make things change?

@basyjames I wrote down your list to read it out loud when wanting to end my FD, thanks! The clothes I can’t fit in are very small sizes, I bought a lot of clothes when I had a lower weight, I don’t want to go that low again. My upper half is quite bony, the hips are still ~ one inch/ 2,5 cm to wide. I look quite toned, the only flabby parts are the upper arms, my bum and legs look well. Normally my body changes a bit when I keep the same weight, we’ll see. Vanity problems!

@fivetwofan5252 Only a few hours to go and your FD will be over.

@dvw, @stitchincarol, @basyjames and @northerndawn It doesn’t look good, it has already spread. She looks great and apart from a little pain in the back she feels good. She doesn’t smoke, eats healthy and moves a lot. I’m questioning this whole healthy living thing at the moment.

Have a nice evening everyone!

DAY 5 – UK – TDEE

After a couple of wet and wild days woke up to sunshine and snow on the top of the high fells 🏔

Had a fab stretching yoga class finishing with a relaxing yoga Nidra 🙏 then got out for a great walk just short of 15km with sunshine and a light breeze throughout – lovely to see the bluebells out in force

Got my 2nd vaccine tomorrow afternoon – one week short of the 12 week gap I was told to expect between the 1st and 2nd – what a relief!!

@snowflake56 – as @i-hate-lettuce says we do have some rather wonderful and weird names for places around here – I used to live in the south of England before moving here and there was a place near Cambridge called “six mile bottom” now I wonder where that name came from??? 😀
    @missybear – do hope your upset tummy settles down soon 🤗
    @penz – great to hear that your mojo is back and that the pocket list on Day 3 was a good motivator for you
    @litprof – great to have you back with us – what a good feeling that you can “mostly fit in all of my nice work and going-out clothes again”
    @daffodil2010 – must have been so nice to see your grandaughter and stepdaughter for the first time since Christmas
    @wacm – that sounds like an epic bike ride – have a great time
    @betsylee – lovely to see you joining in – just post when you can. How did you hurt your hand? hopefully the healing process is well on it’s way 🤗
    @dvw – so lucky to live in the Lake District National Park and to have so many wonderful walks from my doorstep – it certainly inspires me to get out and walk!
    @brightonbelle – totally agree how easy it is to mindlessly rack up those calories especially when a glass of wine is involved in my case (and my TDEE is only around 1500cals) – that is why this month I am trying to go back to DTF
    @fivetwofan5252 – it is a great feeling when a FD is done without any struggles 👍
    @21aprilnewway – welcome and what a great start you have had with this WOL
    @jaifaim – it was lovely to see your post and so pleased to read that you have got your first vaccine at last x
    @snowflake56 – I was so sorry to read that your best friend has been newly diagnosed with cancer in the lungs 🤗 I do hope that when she sees her specialist tomorrow they can give her some hope and come up with an effective treatment plan – reminded me of my dear friend who unfortunately passed away early last year from a very rare form of lung cancer – keep us posted and know that we are here for you – keep trying to lead a healthy lifestyle – eating well and exercising is important not just to our physical but our mental well being xx

I’m very late posting tonight but must get to bed soon as I have a 7am zoom Broga class booked to do with OH……

“The only successful way to reach and maintain a healthy weight is to find what works for you” and on that note good night or good morning depending on where you are in the world!

Day 6, NFD, Aus

How did you go yesterday @basyjames? I wobbled on my FD; I’ll call lit a FD because it was below my TDEE but well above my coffee-only normal FDs. I like the idea of your worksheet. Writing it down makes it seem much more real than just thinking about it.

Why is it so hard to find just 15 minutes for ourselves, @stitchincarol? I bet if a friend asked you for 15 minutes of your time you’d work hard to do it and would probably give them twice as long. So, I’m asking you. Today (and tomorrow, and the day after that), can you please think of me for 15 minutes and listen to your hypnosis reading? Do it for me; and you!

I’ve been enjoying reading about your DH’s shopping tendencies. Mine is the same; he does the weekly grocery shopping which is a task I don’t like so I dare not complain. I did suggest to him gently the other week that perhaps we have enough coffee to get us through the year. And the next week he brought home another kilo, arguing that because it was on sale, he had to get it! It always amuses me when we see panic buying of supplies on the evening news; if we had to go into sudden lockdown with no notice, we could easily survive for months.

Hello fellow auditor, @brewster! And to answer your question, @snowflake: I find that people are nervous before we arrive but I work hard to make it clear that we are not there to catch them out, but are truly there to help them improve. When we leave, they’re usually pretty happy and grateful for our assistance. It’s quite rewarding. Do you find the same, @brewster?

It feels so unfair when a dear friend, who is otherwise so healthy and does all the “right” things is still struck down by cancer. Thinking of you and your friend, @snowflake56.

I just have to add one small Australian town name to the list. It’s in the northern part of New South Wales and is called Come By Chance. The locals just call it Comeby.

I’m working from home today; the dogs are asleep, so I really should stop blathering and earn my keep!

Day 6, FD 800, AUS

Yesterday was an insanely busy day, which meant keeping to my FD easy!

Great to catch up on everyone’s progress. Congrats @northgeorgia on the new low number! We are all cheering you on. @basyjames I love the idea of your spreadsheet! how useful. @snowflake56 I am so sorry about your friend’s diagnosis; especially hard when it is so difficult to travel to see each other at the moment.

I am settling back into the IF WOL and already starting to feel less “puffy.” Irritating face fate be gone! I am also spending this month on the other coast of Oz (for family and work reasons) and do not have scales in my rented flat, so that will be interesting – I just have to judge how I’m doing by how I’m feeling and how my clothes fit!

Day 6 Melb Aust NFD

Keeping to just eating sensibly at the moment, which probably means TDEE days, plus plenty of walking. With a splint on my hand (until 2nd June), while I could drive, in the event of an accident, I probably wouldn’t be covered by my insurance, so not driving. Very limiting!

@at, good to read your post – stupid accident with my hand. Just tripped and flung out my hand for balance, caught the edge of the door jamb. Most of my hand went forwards, my little finger went out and back. Ouch! Fracture at the base of the finger near the knuckle joint. Just have a 2-finger splint now instead of a cast, but I have to be careful, keep it dry and clean, etc., etc. It’s okay. Thankful it wasn’t worse. Lots of folk from church have been giving me meals, which is very kind of them.

@snowflake56, so sorry to read of your friend’s shock diagnosis. It does seem a bit unfair, but that doesn’t cancel out the benefits of choosing a healthy lifestyle. For your friend, it may mean she is better able to tolerate the treatment they give her.

Great to read all the enthusiastic posts. Keep up the good work!

Day 6, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

The sun is shining and although it’s only 4°C we can go for a long walk today. I love to read about all the funny names of streets and towns around the world, one of the joys of being on an international forum.

@betsylee What an unfortunate way to get a fracture, I hope it will heal well. How lovely that people bring you meals. I tried to type without bending my little and ring finger, very hard to do.

@at How good you got your 2nd vaccination, I got my first one last week so I’m stuck in Emden for a while. I remember the time your friend was so ill and past away. I’m so angry at the moment because it’s so unfair.

@penz We also could easily survive a year with everything in the house. We once moved house with 32 bottle of shampoo and we still have more cleaning products and hoover bags than we’re ever going to use. Is Come By Chance in the middle of nowhere?

@litprof I controlled my weight for a long time with a dress I wanted to fit in again instead of the scales. It worked well, it gave me a better idea where I was with my weight.

@betsylee, @at, @penz, @litprof Yes, it must be an advantage my friend is in great shape when the treatment starts. I hope they have a way to treat her. We will hear it in an hour or so. I’m glad she has a lot of support from other friends as well as we can’t go there for a while because of Covid. Since Covid I’m glad the internet exists and we can have video chats often.

Day 6 – Ireland – FD

Back to work today 🙄 and my first FD in a while…
    I will check back in later.
    Wish me luck! I will need it…

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list day 6
    @litprof
    @jaifaim

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Must look u.p my BMR and see how I can neat to that. Doing a new exercise program specifically for women and feeling all the better for it.

I was at my GP yesterday and we are going to trial me stopping my BP meds (I have only been on them 4 weeks) and take daily readings am and pm, then she will calculate the results, and hopefully the BP spike was due to oncoming appendicitis and now my BP is normal again. Fingers crossed.

@snowflake thinking of your friend today.

Day 6, UK, CD / ZBC

Well yesterday’s fast day was as tough as if I had never fasted before!
    You know how your body normally goes “oh, it’s this fasting thing again, I’ll shut up and get on with my day…”
    Well not yesterday! My body complained ALL DAY and ALL EVENING!!!

Unusually, my DH only bought me ONE cucumber! I definitely could have eaten three!

In the end I did have to have a piece of cheese, so I went right up to 800 cals in the end.

And of course this morning I am actually not hungry! The irony!!!! So I will go ahead and wait until lunchtime to break my fast. (Maybe that will cancel out the piece of cheese, hahaha!)

Then hopefully I will have smashed it this week and will be rewarded by a loss…????!

@snowflake56 – so sorry to hear about your friend 🙁
    Super-tough when they’ve been so healthy, so unfair.

Thinking of brighter things @snowflake56, your story of the house move with so many shampoo bottles made me laugh! I can imagine this happening to me. Equally, I am also a hoarder of cleaning fluids!

@penz – So funny that your DH is the same! I don’t love going to the shops either, so I don’t complain either. I am always very grateful for the multiple cabbages that he hunter-gathers!!

Tomorrow I am on an “eating day” – I can’t wait 🙂

Day 6 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

What a fabulous morning again, apart from the early frost! Bright sunshine on the greenhouse so all opened up early, try and harden things off a little, a lot of stuff are out of there at weekend!

FD today for me, had a good week I think, funny how you can feel the difference a ‘steady’ few CD days and a couple of FD’s make you feel, however let’s see what the scales say in tomorrow mornings weigh in say!

Off out for a wander this morning, give the grass chance to dry out before mowing this afternoon, bit of preparation required in some parts of the beds ready to put plants out.

@snowflake56 – Thinking of you and your friend, difficult times especially when you can’t just go and have a hug when it’s most needed!

Take care all

Pocket list day 6
    @litprof
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010

Day 6 UK FD

I’m sure you’ll be a supportive friend @snowflake56 💕

Pocket list day 6
    @litprof
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle

Day 7 – USA/GA – NFD

Yikes! Got to run. Early breakfast meeting an hour away.

Good post-NFD weigh in at 223!

Good luck, all!

Day 6 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody.

It’s a chilly rainy morning and I can see the buds on the trees – so beautiful. No outdoor walk today so I might turn to Leslie. There’s also a Come By Chance in the province of Newfoundland, I’ve not been there but I expect it’s quite isolated.

@basyjames – I really like your worksheet points. Thanks for sharing, I’m going to give it a try tomorrow 🙂
    @daffodil2010 – good luck with your BP meds.

Good luck all.

Second post …

Doh, set up todays pocket list, missed myself off !

Pocket list day 6
    @litprof
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 6 North Canton OH NFD
    Happy Nurses day to all my fellow nurses, I know we have a few on this forum.
    I got a happy jingle when I stepped on my scale this morning – another pound lost; I am inching towards the middle of my maintenance weight. Yay for mojo inspiring worksheets; it helped me and I am glad it is helping others as well. You are all right- writing it down really helps strengthen wobbly mojos.
    @snowflake56 I am so sorry about your friend. Life does not seem fair sometimes; genetics really play a huge role in our risk factors. Hugs to you and your friend. I second @at in hoping that they can find an effective treatment for her. The Big C is no longer the death sentence it used to be, and with your friend’s healthy lifestyle as a factor, she has a better chance than recovery. I remember being thankful that @i hate lettuce diagnosis came after he had make some serious lifestyle changes.
    @penz thanks for asking, I was able to make it through unscathed. Why are some FD a breeze and others such a struggle?
    @betsylee my stomach clenched when I read the details on your accident. Ouch!!! And sorry !!!! so glad that your church folk are setting you up with meals. The inability to drive would drive me nuts – no pun intended. Looking forward to June 2nd for you my friend.
    Off to enjoy breakfast and a cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day everyone

Pocket list day 6
    @litprof
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Again, yesterday’s CD was nearly okay…maybe, LOL. I didn’t go nuts, so I’m calling it good. Today will be the first true FD without any slip-ups in quite some time, so I’m crossing my fingers I pull it off.

@penz That was the sweetest thing to say, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I woke up early enough this morning to listen to my recording while DH was in the tub; if I can wake up early enough each day, that will be a simple solution. 🤞

@basyjames While a brilliant solution your quadrant on a piece of paper is. What a clever approach you thought up; I’m going to try that today.

@northerndawn Thanks for your kind words as well! I’m all puffed up, seeing myself as a persistent river, being kind to myself as I would be to a friend, being busy. Better be careful, or all these kind words will puff up my head, LOL!!!

@snowflake56 I do indeed have to listen to my hypnosis recording regularly, or find the mojo somewhere, which simply hasn’t been happening. When I was in my 20s, 30s, and 40s, being mindful came far more naturally; over the past ten-plus years I’ve become quite lax in what I’ve allowed myself to eat and drink with impunity. So that’s a whole BUNCH of time that needs to be counteracted with new attitudes and restored habits, and it simply won’t happen overnight, as much as I’d like it to.

Oh, @betsylee, that sounds so horribly painful! What a miracle medicine is that such injuries can be healed, and the pain managed until it goes away on its own. And how lovely that you live in the southern hemisphere so that you’re not trying to do spring gardening, LOL!

@jaifaim You and I are in the same boat of being truly daunted by today’s FD; I’ll have your back if you’ll have mine!! LOL

@daffodil2010 I hope that you really do get to stop your BP medicine!

@fivetwofan5252 Great description of how so many FDs work, and well done on holding out!

@northgeorgia 223 AFTER an NFD is exciting news; you clearly did well at “eating reasonably”!

Well, if we’re going to list the funny names of towns, I can participate there: how about Colon and Wahoo? 😂🤣😁

Today I work at church, and then have a two-hour choir practice with those who can come in the daytime (for the hymn fest a week from today), and then teach piano lessons, and then two people are coming over to take my extra Naked Ladies…real name Amaryllis Belladonna, but what’s the fun in THAT name?? So this particular FD won’t necessarily FEEL fine, but it should GO fine because I simply won’t have time or be in a place where I can nibble. So I’m going to make like a river, and wish the same to all of you!

Pocket list day 6
    @litprof
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @stitchincarol

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 402 total)

You must be logged in to reply.